Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well I talked of buying a bow a while back on the forum and everyone gave great feedback. Well im finally going to do it, now that i saved up the money i have been looking at buying a whole package... (took me a while to save cuz there has been a few other purchases to catch my eye :D) Well anyway, back to the point, i have been looking at the bowtech assassin. It looks like a pretty nice bow and i was going to go shoot it. anyone have any feedback on this bow, maybe have shot it or have it??

-The only real power comes out of a long rifle-
GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Actually what would be better if you went to a archery shop and shot one for yourself to see what you thought.

But---I hear they are nice.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MNdeerSNIPER
It looks like a pretty nice bow and i was going to go shoot it.

I am, im gonna head down there this weekend and see if he got the one he told me that he ordered to the store. From what I heard recently it should be a fun one to shoot! Im Excited!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The shooters used them in the TV show "Top Shot" this year. They looked okay and performed well. Personally, I am not a big Bowtech fan, mostly because I a not a fan of the parent company Salvage Firearms. Others think very highly of them, so it is only personal opinion.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
TYhe best thing for you to do is try MANY bows. That is the onluy way to find the right bow for you. I tried many and ended up buying a Bowtech Destroyer 350 and also a PSE Axe 6. I got both used (only very little as they were both only a few months old) and therefore at a good price.
Don't go by what others tell you as many have no idea what they are talking about (see above..... that "I am not a big Bowtech fan, mostly because I a not a fan of the parent company Salvage Firearms. Maybe he means Savage Firearms. Which is in Westfield, Mass. ..... which has nothing to do with Bowtech at all , which is way out on the other side of the continent in Oregon.) And whatever works for one guy doesn't work for another. Find one that works for you.
I shot the Assassin. Not a bad bow. But I liked the Destroyer 350 way better.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Redbone000, I think that I know what I am talking about, much more so than you. I have 11 bows all from 2009-2011. I have nearly all the major manufacturers bows except Bowtech, Martin, and Athens. We have unlimited deer tags in my area of PA, so I usually arrow 7 to 9 deer per year minimum. If I have no clue about a subject, than I don't comment.

Bowtech is in fact owned by Savage Firearms. Savage produces some of the cheapest crappiest rifles available, that is well known. That is why we call them "Salvage" here. Also, the Bowtech Generals had massive issues with the limbs exploding, that is well known. Lots of serious bowhunters still avoid Bowtechh because of this nonsense with the poorly produced limbs.

I did not insult your bow of choice, and I do know exactly what I am talking about. So why don't you shut up--- you miserable dumb [bleep].

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a Bowtech Allegiance in 2007 before the acquisition by Savage, and a Destroyer 350 in December 2009. The Allegiance worked great, and I love the Destroyer as well. The Destroyer is 25 fps faster than the Allegiance, and all I gave up was some valley. It shoots so flat that this upcoming season I am going to use a single pin sight set for 30 yds.

But, I agree with Redbone311 about trying them all before deciding.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by ULA24
Redbone000, I think that I know what I am talking about, much more so than you. I have 11 bows all from 2009-2011. I have nearly all the major manufacturers bows except Bowtech, Martin, and Athens. We have unlimited deer tags in my area of PA, so I usually arrow 7 to 9 deer per year minimum. If I have no clue about a subject, than I don't comment.

Bowtech is in fact owned by Savage Firearms. Savage produces some of the cheapest crappiest rifles available, that is well known. That is why we call them "Salvage" here. Also, the Bowtech Generals had massive issues with the limbs exploding, that is well known. Lots of serious bowhunters still avoid Bowtechh because of this nonsense with the poorly produced limbs.

I did not insult your bow of choice, and I do know exactly what I am talking about. So why don't you shut up--- you miserable dumb [bleep].
Once again showing how truly classless you are....
Name calling and "I know everything and you know nothing"....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey Tom, you are clueless as always. I didn't start this, the guy said Savage and Bowtech had nothing to do with each other. Then further stated that I had no idea what I was talking about, when he was the one clearly giving misinformation.

Put on your glasses dimwit, and learn how to read.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I think that I know what I am talking about, much more so than you
*Yawn*
So why don't you shut up--- you miserable dumb [bleep].
Shining example...

Let everybody judge for themselves....

IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Did not see Redbone calling you names......

Like always..your a self centered egotistical idiot!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Saying someone "has no idea what they are talking about" when that person is the one who is clearly wrong, is the pretty much the same as calling them a liar.

Do you see my point Tom? Go back and read some of your own posts. Your command of the English language, poor grammar, and horrendous reading skills, clearly makes you the idiot. That's kind of sad really, with you being a well established low life schit heel already; but the world needs schit birds too I suppose.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Saying soemone "has no idea what they are talking about" when that person is the one who is clearly wrong, is the pretty much the same as calling them a liar.
Dude its the internet....so what! grow some thick skin...
Be MORE than the other by NOT calling names, that puts you lower than them.
Do you think that by calling someone a name it is helping your cause?
Makes you look like a whiney little child smirk
Do you see my point Tom? Go back and read some of your own posts. Your command of the English language, poor grammar, and horrendous reading skills, clearly makes you the idiot. That's kind of sad really, with you being a well established low life schit heel already; but the world needs schit birds too I suppose.
See above.

And btw...if it matters....I agree with you on the Salvage ownership thing.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hey guys, I just want info on the assassin. Could you please settle your disputes in private, such as personal messages. Thanks..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It looks like a nice bow, if it shoots well for you. On paper, it has a decent brace height and ATA length, speed comparable to the fastest bows around as little as 3 years ago. But, I tend to stay away from packages because most people end up replacing the package parts. The Hostage rest is not as durable as a Whisker Biscuit, and the sights are usually pretty cheap. You may be able to find used stuff from others for less money, and just buy the bow bare. I don't even use a wrist sling, and I use a detached quiver, so those items would be useless to me.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by MNdeerSNIPER
Hey guys, I just want info on the assassin. Could you please settle your disputes in private, such as personal messages. Thanks..
Sorry boss............. crazy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd say find exactly what you want by handling them. Then go online to archerytalk.com and buy a "new" used one. Guys over there sell one year old bows like they're going out of style. Great deals to be had if you're patient!

Good luck!

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
That site is so fast paced. not saying its bad because its a very good site for info but i made a bt assasssin thread over there and it was 4 pages back the next morning.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Before you settle on the Assassin, give the Mathews Z-7 a test drive. There may be something out there you will like better...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Before you settle on the Assassin, give the Mathews Z-7 a test drive. There may be something out there you will like better...
Now theres a man who knows what hes talking about..

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

174 members (79S, 673, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 24 invisible), 2,269 guests, and 1,117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,323
Posts18,526,433
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.