Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by T LEE
AMDRO is your friend in the battle with fireants. It is the most effective killer you can legally buy.

I grew up in Alabama. Yo quiero fireants. T is right. All you can do is defend your yard but if you keep Amdro sprinkled around the perimeter and on all hills that show up you can keep them under control.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How far North have these insect varments managed to survive.?.don't think they could hack our winters here !

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They can't survive where they have hard winter freeze, so they will stay below where the ground freezes in the winter. They are a South American import from the sub tropical to tropical regions.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As an added note, I have had the bastages in the house when it gets down in the low 40's here but a small container of AMDRO in there path and they are gone by morning. Had em in the closet, saw the path they were taking, put some AMDRO in the lid off a small tupperware container in the shelf. They hit that like a house afire and were gone the following morning.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great!! that's one off my list now gotta find out about Aliens,Skunk Apes and Zombies! eek grin

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Especially the zombies, get with Les on that, he is the ex-spurt on em. smile smile smile

Old cat turd!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
To all that have responded and thanked me for my service. I was just doing what I thought was right and I owed to my country. No thanks needed it was my duty.

It still took cajones to do your duty. You did the right thing and for that you deserve thanks whether you want them or not... smile

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
After bad floods down here you see those bastards in huge floating masses of isntant death. I always see that and think about the poor bastard where they wind up on dry land.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I always liked boiling water on the mound. It sounds like a million little Gus creatures screaming. It's the sound of victory.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I know the best way to kill a nest of ground bees is to pout soapy water in their holes. The soap goes right through the exoskeleton and they drown. Have no clue it it works on ants but if it did it would be cheep and non harmful to people, pets, and the soil.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Gus
in the interest of civility on the internet, and group cohesiveness i have edited the post that seemed to create so much dissonance.

obviously i could have chosen better wording than i did.

and no, the fireant killer doesn't bother me, i have used plenty of diazinon as an insecticide over the years.

Non-apology apologies say so much.
I pretty sure T is comfortable with who he is regardless of who shoots his mouth off.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Leave me alone,....I'm still trying to cypher his post

Suddenly, I have a craving for a glass of milk...

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ants hate vinegar. Buy a few gallons, use one of those inline mixer things with your hose and spray it around the yard. I would lay down some straight vinegar around the foundation. Another trick is to make a mix of borax and sugar water. Spray it around. When they eat it because of the sugar, the borax will kill them.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you don't want to go the spray route, you can make a sugar water and borax mix, soak some cotton balls, and place them next to the mounds. The borax doesn't last days in water so it needs to be repeated each day for about a week. By then the complete larvae cycle should be broke.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of these years I am going to run out of 10% chiorodane. Yeah I stocked up before they made it illegal.
When that happens I will fall back on my Diazinon of which I also stocked a goodly supply before that became illegal too.

If I run out of that, sometime in the next century, I'll look for something else.

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You was smarter than me, I didn't hold back near enough and what WAS left went away with the hurricane along with the shed and everything else that was in it!

Old cat turd!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
How far North have these insect varments managed to survive.?.don't think they could hack our winters here !

I'm about 20 miles north of Charlotte. We moved here in '99, and Praise God!!, there were no fireants. Then about 3 or 4 years ago I noticed some familiar small red mounds appearing near a nursery adjacent to the entry road to our subdivision. Now they've made it the 300 yds or so to my yard. But up here they peak and wane instead of dominating like in AL. They're really going to wane around here now because I just bought some Amdro.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
fire ants are adapting to the cold and moving steadily north.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by Gus
Unfortunitely it has not worked with you Gus.

just keep machine-gunning the Gooks, T_Lee. you won't receive any repentance from that sorely poor episode.

killing humans at the request of Pres. Johnson. what a sore practice of loyalty you possessed, or was possessed by.

pray for forgiveness, and move on.

Did I just actually READ this ?

This is BEYOND STUPID, and "Smoked UP" you ignorant cocksorker.

WTF is WRONG with you,.....beyond the Bong Water drinking ?

You need to appologize to Terry for that GARBAGE,....Now, [bleep].

DO IT !

GTC

Gus;

Terry is a good man, and a very good friend, to both me and my wife.

He's as honorable a man as I've ever met.

He wouldn't do it, but I will.

If I ever have the opportunity to meet you, know that I will do my damnedest to knock your teeth out of your f'kin' head. I would say try to beat some sense into it, but it's too far gone for that.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Been wondering when you'd finally drag on in...

wink

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

649 members (10Glocks, 160user, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 2,682 guests, and 1,409 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,098
Posts18,483,058
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.