Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
bohem Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I'm selling the 300 WSM that I got as a hunting rifle about 4 months ago.

There's nothing wrong with it, the rifle shoots very well from the 20 rounds that I put through it. The total round count on the rifle is appx 80, and certainly less than 100 rounds.

I'm not keeping it because I just don't have a need for a 300 WSM in 99.5% of the hunting situations that I get into, plus I just gained a 308 that I needed to put in a chassis and feed. Too many irons in the fire and I need to let some things go to cover my financial butt.

The paint job and action coating was done by Randy Cain at R&D Precision before I got the rifle. It currently has the long, tactical handle installed but I'm going to send both handles with it. The trigger was replaced with a Timney adjustable and the muzzle was recut to a target crown by Randy as well.

Here's the disclosure from the last owner.

This one is a model 16 FLSS weather warrior. Stainless with a lot of extras. This is one of the old stagger feeds. It feeds with out issue. The gun sits in a Stockade Alum channel bedded stock with a 13.5 lop and a 1 in recoil pad. I also added some texture in the handling areas of the stock for better grip and feel with gloves, however it is not unplesant to the bare hand. Finished in a desert tan 3 color camo dura coat finish. There is a Stainless trigger guard that replaced the plastic guard. Action is coated in Norrel's Moly brown. Timney trigger replaced the factory trigger (non accutrigger action). Optics will ride on an EGW Picitanny base with Burris X-Treme 1 in rings coated with the action. Muzzle crown was re cut with a target crown. All paint and crown work was done by HateCa at RD precision. All top shelf work.
This gun comes with the owners manual and an extra tactical bolt with extended throw also painted in the matching moly brown if you decide to change bolts.
This gun shoots really well and consistant. NO reloads have been shot thru this gun. It seems to like Federal 165 well enough for .75 moa from the bench.
This gun is a hunter. It has been hunted with and well cared for. There may be a few small imperfections, but overall the condition is excellent.
I apologize for the indoor photos but it is below 13 out with a butt load of snow and I'm not gonna do it. If you require special photos email and I will do my best to get them to you.

The rifle kicks less than I expected actually, the nice recoil pad on the Stockade it isn't too bad to shoot. The 20 rounds I fired were all at 600 and 1000yd in 1 sitting. I zero'd the scope at 600 and then just turned the turrets til I should be close at 1000yd. It shot very well and I was happy with the performance. Once zero'd at 600 it was child's play to drill the 8" plate at that distance and of the 5 rounds I fired at 1000yd I hit the 18" plate 3 times (2 to get close, then 3, 4, 5 hit).

I had the rifle bedded to the stock with Devcon Titanium putty after I last shot it

I'm asking only what I paid for it, which is $825 shipped CONUS.

[Linked Image]

GB1

bohem Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Bump.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"

~ Thomas Jefferson
bohem Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Deal passed, back up for Monday morning.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"

~ Thomas Jefferson

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1234, 54 invisible), 13,602 guests, and 992 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,123
Posts18,542,275
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.