Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
mike762 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
...since our mission to "do right" in Libya commenced under the War Powers Act, so when is Congress either going to authorize the mission or end it? Just asking, because the way I understand it, that's the time frame given under the Act. Or is it now de facto public policy that the Executive has arrogated the power to wage war all by itself with no Congressional input?

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd say the latter.

It seems to be our foreign policy in recent years.

Ol' Qudaffy took note of OBL's fate, and has to be a nervous wreck 'bout now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
run a�mok Running amok, sometimes referred to as simply amok

amok amuck
adverb
run amok go mad, go wild, turn violent, go berserk, lose control, go insane, go into a frenzy

ding, ding, ding.

Obama has run amok.

M
mike762 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Not just Obm@, but the entire government structure, from the warrantless unlimited police searches authorized by the Indiana Supreme Court, to the SCOTUS allowing warrantless entry into private residences because of "suspicious noises", to the "sneak and peak" no warrant searches being conducted under the supposed auspices of the Patriot Act, to the "Material Support Act" being recently passed here in TN, the entire Constitutional framework seems to be fading away rapidly.

And people ask me why I'm "bearish" on the future of America. frown

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree.

Along with what you mention our system of checks and balances is totally out of whack. Add in apathy in Congress and the total lack of leadership in the Whitehouse and ............ mad

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Run amuck it sure is. We have a President who is trying to take over using executive fiat and administrative rule making while the congress and judiciary sit on their butts.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by mike762
...since our mission to "do right" in Libya commenced under the War Powers Act, so when is Congress either going to authorize the mission or end it? Just asking, because the way I understand it, that's the time frame given under the Act. Or is it now de facto public policy that the Executive has arrogated the power to wage war all by itself with no Congressional input?
The latter. We are no longer living under the US Constitution, or really any law. Rule by the whims of a small cadre of men now. Few pretenses to the contrary, even.

PS I assume you're watching Freedom Watch every night?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by fish head
I agree.

Along with what you mention our system of checks and balances is totally out of whack. Add in apathy in Congress and the total lack of leadership in the Whitehouse and ............ mad
We can trace a good bit of this back to the coup d'�tat of 1913 (Sixteenth and Seventeenth Amendments, which were likely not even legitimately ratified, and the passage of the Federal Reserve Act while the majority of Congress was home with their families on Christmas Break, which was clearly a conspiratorial event). We are now merely seeing the final stages of what was set in motion in that year.

M
mike762 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The latter. We are no longer living under the US Constitution, or really any law. Rule by the whims of a small cadre of men now. Few pretenses to the contrary, even.

I do watch it when I can. That, plus John Stossel and Glenn Beck-for as long as he lasts-are the only things that I watch on TV news nowadays. I saw Judge Napolitano's monologue the other night and it hit the nail square on the head. Too bad that many don't recognize what's happening, or if they do and support .gov's actions, then they're complicit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The silence is deafening while Hussein pushes his dictator in training boundaries to a new precedence.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I do watch it when I can. That, plus John Stossel and Glenn Beck-for as long as he lasts-are the only things that I watch on TV news nowadays. I saw Judge Napolitano's monologue the other night and it hit the nail square on the head. Too bad that many don't recognize what's happening, or if they do and support .gov's actions, then they're complicit.
Agreed. He did hit it on the head.

PS I also never miss a Stossel. Last one was a rerun, though.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
All federal republics degrade into dictatorships eventually. Our federal republic is no different.

Federal republics are assembled to end anarchy and eventually become anarchy. The call goes out that the only thing that can save the federal republic is a dictatorship. It's all happened before.

We are mid-way through government sanctioned anarchy a dictatorship is just around the corner.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

We are still in Libya?

I thought it was a NATO mission now.

Congress signed off on supporting NATO when I was just a kid.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

M
mike762 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Who do you think is 90% of NATO? We are. If we're involved, the Congress has to approve of it after 60 days by either declaration of war, or an extension of the commitment, or must order a withdrawal of the forces. It doesn't matter if NATO has OpCon, if our forces are involved, the War Powers Resolution applies.

Suggest you read Title 50 USC, CH33, SS1546(b) for a better understanding of the Resolution.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Day 61....

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Day 61....
According to Judge Andrew Napolitano, after 60 the president has 30 days in which to request an extension. So, unless I got it wrong, he still has some time before he's in violation of the law.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Not just Obm@, but the entire government structure, from the warrantless unlimited police searches authorized by the Indiana Supreme Court, to the SCOTUS allowing warrantless entry into private residences because of "suspicious noises", to the "sneak and peak" no warrant searches being conducted under the supposed auspices of the Patriot Act, to the "Material Support Act" being recently passed here in TN, the entire Constitutional framework seems to be fading away rapidly.

And people ask me why I'm "bearish" on the future of America. frown
Yessir, I can't argue with THAT...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
M
mike762 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
The way I read the Resolution, Congress shall either declare war or otherwise authorize the action, or the action has to be terminated. It's on the Cornell Law website if you want to read it.

www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/50/usc_sup_01_50_10_33.html

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Who do you think is 90% of NATO? We are. If we're involved, the Congress has to approve of it after 60 days by either declaration of war, or an extension of the commitment, or must order a withdrawal of the forces. It doesn't matter if NATO has OpCon, if our forces are involved, the War Powers Resolution applies.

Suggest you read Title 50 USC, CH33, SS1546(b) for a better understanding of the Resolution.

We are 90% of NATO forces in Libya?

Please explain.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
But Mike, you know somebody will be along to tell you that you're a tinfoiler and nominee for KOTY and how Ron Paul is "batshit crazy" and all. You know you don't personally know anybody whose rights have been violated by the Patriot Act. You know that now don't you? grin

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (Big1bud, beefan, 300_savage, BangPop, 907brass, 6 invisible), 1,432 guests, and 829 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,592
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.