Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Flinch
The public land hunting has really stunk the last few years, due to extreme poaching and predators. I concur with the others, get on some private land and work out a deal with land owners or outfitters. It truly is a once in a lifetime hunt. Get your butt in shape and if you don't use premium binos now, get some and learn how to live behind them and use them constantly. The best bucks are coming off of the Heaton Ranch down there.

Don't expect a slam dunk easy hunt, even with an outfitter. You will hunt your butt off for a nice buck. Flinch

Flinch, why in the world did you edit your post?

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

When my buddy talked to Ryan on the phone (I was with him), he said he had some issues with the law and his chute plane practices. He said the fish cops were always bugging him. Hmm...I wonder why? I don't know what happened, nor do I care. Why again does he have a target on his back, if he is so squeaky clean? I like the guy and have NO beef with him at all. I would hire him in a second. He is a great guy, but WELL known by law enforcement and die hard muley hunters. And he does get checked and followed by law enforcement frequently. He will tell you that himself. If the original OP was with Ryan, he would more than likely get checked often and thoroughly as well. That is all I was saying. I wasn't defaming him, just giving the original OP some insight.

Everyone that knows Ryan KNOWS he hasn't been squeaky clean all his life? I could care less, unless he was a hard core poacher, like Darner. Again, he is a great guy and I admire his acheivements. I would hunt with him in a second, regardless if I was checked by the game wardens a lot or not. I would expect it in such a unit. I got checked several times. Flinch

Before I address any of this I have say that I find it HILARIOUS that you went back and edited your original post and then in this post try to tell us that you like Ryan and that you werent trying to hurt his business. Your a freaking joke Flinch!

I like how you went back and removed this

Ryan Hatch down there keeps getting himself in trouble with the law, due to some shady hunting practices. If you go with him, be prepared to get harassed by the law.

Are you going to go back and add that to the original post now that you've been called on it.

Your an idiot. You slam him then want to do the "buddy buddy I really respect him" thing. You tell the OP to steer clear then you tell us that you'd book a hunt for yourself with him. Have you always been this freaking stupid? Go jump off a bridge, your a clown

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
This topic interest's me because I have hunted there a few times, I know a few people that dont like Ryan for whatever reason. I have met him a few times and have no problem with him. the last time I went down I went with Dennis Wintch and people treat him the same way. they Love him or they hate him.
I think he is a great guy and an awesome hunter but other's call him a poacher and worse.
From my experience the bad guy's on the Paunsaugunt are the HIGH Fencer's (Heaton Ranch), or any time one of Doyle Moss's henchmen (Mossback) show up

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Huntsonora was the rifle a re-barreled Sako? If so how did it shoot?

Dink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't care if people love him or hate him, I just cannot stand when somebody comes out with a BS story and when called on it they edit their words and crawdad. Nothing worse than that!

If somebody is successful you'll always have people that love em or hate em, doesn't just pertain to hunting. Sometimes it's warranted and sometimes it's jealousy

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DINK
Huntsonora was the rifle a re-barreled Sako? If so how did it shoot?

Dink

grin

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Nobody likes a winner Drum. It's been that way forever. I've talked to Hatch numerous times on the phone, and met him in person last August in Ft Worth. He knows as much or more about big mule deer than anyone I know.

The editing/deleting of posts here does make one curious.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Thanks, I own top end optics, am in decent shape and have a muzzloader that prints 3 inch 3 shot groups at 200 yards. I have been prepared for this hunt for a while in the equiptment catagory.

Have you been down there on a deer hunt recently Flinch?

Jon

Last edited by Timberbuck; 05/24/11.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Nobody likes a winner Drum. It's been that way forever. I've talked to Hatch numerous times on the phone, and met him in person last August in Ft Worth. He knows as much or more about big mule deer than anyone I know.

The editing/deleting of posts here does make one curious.

There was a booking agent here that I used to take to task and that person was notorious for going back and editing on another forum

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
What ever happened to your main man Ray? He sent me some hate mail a few times too.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I hunted antelope last fall on the Mt. Dutton/Paunsaugunt unit and saw a couple smoker muley bucks. My brother-in-law also hunted the Pauns management hunt last year and killed a great buck (28" 3x4). He's got relatives who live in Kanab and spend every waking moment on that unit who guided him and gave me great info for the speed goats.

Even if you don't go guided, I think a phone call to Ryan Hatch would still be valuable. Long story, but I had a couple conversations with him last year about a fugg'n low-life crook I found out we had in common and he (Ryan) was easy to talk to and seems to be a straight shooter.

The other thing is, Utah's been getting pounded with rain, so should be a banner year for horn growth! You'll have a great hunt no matter what!~

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What ever happened to your main man Ray? He sent me some hate mail a few times too.

He crawled back under a rock I guess. Hopefully he sends Flinch a postcard and tells him it's sunny there grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Samnora, I edited my posts, because you aren't worth the ink or time to bother with. I was going to post a bunch of facts that you called me on, but you aren't remotely worth the effort. I'm glad you finally found your calling as the new internet forum police.

Ryan has a past, it follows him around to this day and he does get harassed by the cops. He said that, I just repeated it. Get your facts straight. I never said I didn't like him or didn't respect him, but thanks for puting words in my mouth and making stuff up. Learn how to read and comprehend. I know it isn't your strong point, but give it a whirl.

To the original OP, I haven't hunted deer in the Paunsaugant with a gun, only a camera. I have spent time in the unit hunting coyotes and video taping deer, but have never had a tag. I have 3 close friends that drew the tag. Two got "okay" bucks (mid 20's), one got a nice buck and is in the attached pic.

I got checked several times by game wardens while hunting coyotes. They are protective of the unit. There is a LOT of poaching down there. They were happy I was thinning out a few coyotes. Good luck on your hunt. Flinch

[Linked Image]

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Samnora, I edited my posts, because you aren't worth the ink or time to bother with. I was going to post a bunch of facts that you called me on, but you aren't remotely worth the effort. I'm glad you finally found your calling as the new internet forum police.

Ryan has a past, it follows him around to this day and he does get harassed by the cops. He said that, I just repeated it. Get your facts straight. I never said I didn't like him or didn't respect him, but thanks for puting words in my mouth and making stuff up. Learn how to read and comprehend. I know it isn't your strong point, but give it a whirl.

To the original OP, I haven't hunted deer in the Paunsaugant with a gun, only a camera. I have spent time in the unit hunting coyotes and video taping deer, but have never had a tag. I have 3 close friends that drew the tag. Two got "okay" bucks (mid 20's), one got a nice buck and is in the attached pic.

I got checked several times by game wardens while hunting coyotes. They are protective of the unit. There is a LOT of poaching down there. They were happy I was thinning out a few coyotes. Good luck on your hunt. Flinch

[Linked Image]

Damn dude! You even edited this post! Your an absolute joke Flinch

Drummond

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Flinch, that has got to be one of the sorriest excuses I have EVER heard! You were going to post "a bunch of facts" but I'm "not remotely worth the effort". Seriously, thats simply pathetic but about what I expected!

Where did I put words in your mouth Flinch?

Ryan Hatch down there keeps getting himself in trouble with the law, due to some shady hunting practices. If you go with him, be prepared to get harassed by the law.

If you "liked and respected" somebody you wouldnt post this kind of crap. You stated that he "keeps getting in trouble with the law" and that is 100% false

You fail to recall the issue a couple of years ago with Ryan flying around in a paraplane, locating bucks and taking his clients to them or "herding" the bucks to his clients? He can no longer own one or be in one. Flinch

I failed to recall it because it didnt happen Flinch. This is a BS story and I have asked you before and will ask you again to substiantiate it. You claim that you can but that I'm not worth the time but you and I both know that you cant do it because it isnt true.

When my buddy talked to Ryan on the phone (I was with him)

Thats just sad, your telling BS stories based on second hand information.

Look Flinch, its apparent what has happened here. You posted some BS that you made up or somebody else made up and you were stupid enough to believe and when you were called on it you went back and edited your posts like a little bitch. You said slanderous things that cannot be proven and you knew that this could turn out bad for you if the guys over at Muley Crazy heard about it. Instead of being a man about the situation and admitting that you were wrong, you edit posts and claim that I'm putting words in your mouth. Your a scumbag Flinch

You should use the "Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out" to pull your head out of your ass.

Drummond

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Flinch, can you post and substantiate the facts for those of us who are worth it...? grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Flinch, can you post and substantiate the facts for those of us who are worth it...? grin

While your are it Flinch, why dont you call Ryan down at the Muley Crazy offices at (435)644-2486 and ask him about this....
You fail to recall the issue a couple of years ago with Ryan flying around in a paraplane, locating bucks and taking his clients to them or "herding" the bucks to his clients? He can no longer own one or be in one. Flinch

Explain to him who you are and what you've posted, in fact, I want you to read your quote to him. I would LOVE to hear that conversation! grin

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
He knows as much or more about big mule deer than anyone I know.

Don't buy into the hype. There is nothing to know about "big mule deer" other than the units that hold those deer. Either you are good at hunting mulies, or you are not. Same goes for any species. I have been successful at hunting mulies, and they are my favorite animal to hunt. That being said, i will not discount luck when it comes to the size of the rack.

I have often found, that the majority of the time these people that seem to defy the odds and kill a huge buck every year, have more to the story than you will ever know. It is basic statistics, if only 1% or a herd has a trophy class animal, yet a certain person(s) seem to kill that 1% every time, how is it possible? They are equipped with the same gear, as everyone else.

I have a buddy that grew up in some of the best mulie country around, kills an elk every year on public land, whether it is with bow, or gun, and has yet to kill a 200" buck. (open for debate, but I think elk are much harder to hunt) You think it is because he is a bad hunter? No, it is because the odds are stacked against you, no matter who you are, or the unit you hunt.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Killing a pile of big mule deer is a lifetime of work....and you gotta be on the right ground...

The Pauns is a fabulous place...if you can get a tag...or buy a landowner tag which ain't cheap;or at least wasn't when I hunted there.

It can grow some whoppers though....if the live long enough and dodge the poacher's bullets down there.

The whole scene got too competitive and silly expensive to mess with....and I didn't like the poaching activity wardens told me about;licenses too hard to draw...

I forgot about it and concentrated on Wyoming and Canada.And I'd rather hunt the Eastern Colorado plains in the lower 48.......but the Pauns is a great place.Hope the OP does well there this year.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by BobinNH

The whole scene got too competitive ....

Not the first person I have heard said that. I hear hunting is a schit-show due to the Utards running around trying to trump each other.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (beefan, 300_savage, BangPop, 907brass, 7 invisible), 1,454 guests, and 845 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,591
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.