Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Troy44
...Might not have been the right thing to keep the money order but I was not paying for his mistake..... Honestly I was going to mail him back the change from the shipping after I cashed the m/o but after all this I really don't care to...

I don't normally take part in these, but...

You really think that it was OK to cash the money order, after the fact, and keep it, just cause you "didn't really care to" return it?? shocked

Amazing...

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
If you claim you mailed it back. How come you did not put a tracking # on it.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by ColdBore
[quote=Troy44]...Might not have been the right thing to keep the I don't normally take part in these, but...

You really think that it was OK to cash the money order, after the fact, and keep it, just cause you "didn't really care to" return it?? shocked

Amazing...

GOOD POST smirk

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And another member goes on the "do not deal with" list..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Troy44,
You said: "Got the scope and it sounded like a change jar."

So then, why did you accept it from the PO and open it?

And where is it now?

Your side of this story looks pretty bad.
Jerry/AK

"Smile, God loves you!"
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

+1.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jerry/AK
Troy44,

And where is it now?

Jerry/AK

+1

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Originally Posted by Jerry/AK
Troy44,

And where is it now?

Jerry/AK

+1
+2.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ColdBore
Originally Posted by Troy44
...Might not have been the right thing to keep the money order but I was not paying for his mistake..... Honestly I was going to mail him back the change from the shipping after I cashed the m/o but after all this I really don't care to...

I don't normally take part in these, but...

Amazing...

Tend to agree with this statement. Cashing the MO kind a puts you in the light of a thief!

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by MagMarc
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

+1.
Yep

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
If it was mailed in a padded envelope it's no wonder it broke. I don't care if the scope was in it's box or not.

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cashing the money order was just plain stupid, regardless of all else here. What good did you possibly thing was going to come from doing that? Your credibility is GONE. 'Best you can achieve at this point is damage control. You'd best sneak off to some other sight where you haven't screwed yourself yet, 'cuz your going to have a tough time getting anyone to do any business with you here.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
If this isn't done by now, make a call to his local Sheriff. I did that with a dead-beat seller and it worked like a charm.....

BTW - Troy44's said enough on here already to be in some trouble. Troy44, I'd get that scope and $$ back ASAFP if I were you. smirk

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by kend
If it was mailed in a padded envelope it's no wonder it broke. I don't care if the scope was in it's box or not.

I think they both are a fault. Stupid for shipping in an envelope and stupid for opening it. With that said I would still give it some time. I have shipped a few items snail mail and its taken 3 weeks or more. If I use usps I only do priority mail. My bet is that your going to get the scope back. Now about the mail order.. If it was me I would keep the amount it cost to ship it back and send the extra to him.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Troy44 I will respond to the pm you sent me here. No I'm not that bored. I just think it was VERY wrong to cash money order and handle as the thread appears you have. Regardless if packed right or wrong seems like you could have handled it a bit more professional. By you send me a pm kinda really makes it look like you know you were in the wrong and its probably eating at you cause you know your in the wrong

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
if no one wants the busted scope, put it up on pay it forward thread......i assure you leupold will replace it for the cost of shipping, i've done unimaginable damage to some when i was a kid and they always came through for me

i really hate to see these arguments made public, makes me wince and pray we don't lose the fc's b/c of a couple wrongs done.....suck it up,do the right thing, do it quickly and keep it private, best way to handle any problems with deals

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I sent you the pm from my rifle ad......Meaning you are that bored where you have to go there and cause trouble, I have infact agreed to make good w/ TKB because you are right I do feel asif I am at fault for not getting conf. on the return package(I was pissed I took time out of my home remodel to travel to get this and send his and he did not care to pack it right) as far as the 50 again I know I shouldn't have cashed it but was totally going to send him the change untill he started harassing me using vulgar language and ect. Then it got to the point to where I didn't care because he was accusing me of stealing his scope... I have a scope on everyone of my rifles, the last thing I needed was his scope.anyway I don't even know why I am explaining myself to you..

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I am sorry it had to come to this. Per PM from Troy44 he is gonna make it right. Tom

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I say split the $50(that would be $25 for each of you)and buy some grammar lessons and a clue....

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Dang this really sucks on so many levels.

In my personal and business dealings I always remember that its when things go wrong that it is most important to play things above the board.

I doubt you'll get any actions as buyer or seller on these classified ads ever again Troy44. If you do any deals elsewhere, I'd take this as a serious learning experience. You just can't recover your reputation, but judging by your lack of contrition I doubt you care.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

182 members (12344mag, 44mc, 7887mm08, 160user, 1936M71, 23 invisible), 2,374 guests, and 999 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,645
Posts18,533,734
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.