Hop To
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by northcountry

All these posts and the guy still doesn't have an answer. Wow It is hard to get an answer to a question. Cheer NC

Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Kinda reminds of the old joke about what a fat girl and a moped Can-Am Spyder have in common?

They're both fun to ride until your friends see you!... grin

Maybe this'll help clear up my opinion...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All I know is it's another way for weekend warriors to clog up Highway 1 on a summer day.

You know it's really bad when the fat [bleep] on motorcycles are holding up the motor homes..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Probable Can-Am riders..!

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I see they start at $16K and go to $28K.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Harley get together ?

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I heard they track extremely well and better than traditional trikes and I guess I can see that with the wider stance up front in a curve vs wanting to swing out in the rear. Having said that, I just think of how many times on two wheels I had to swerve to avoid hitting something in the road; retread, roadkill, ubiquitous ladder, pothole, whatever... and just the thought of trying to figure that out in a split second with three different lines just makes my head hurt! crazy
Regarding the 'biker wave' I did it all the time. Most folks that ride are just friendly and socialable. For the real and wanna' be 2%'s, well you know....
And for some unknown reason I'm reminded of the guys in Daytona, that parked a few blocks from the festivities in an old station wagon, got out and THEN put on leathers and then walked to the party.
To the OP, some guys would rather trailer their 2 wheeler to an event and ride it the last 2 blocks than own anything with more than 2 wheels or even the 'wrong' nameplate. If it flips your switch, get it and have fun.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
For that money, just get a sidecar....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Agree with the above, I could give a crap less what others think if it keeps me in the wind. All I have owned to this point is HD's and one 1940 Indian WAY back in my youth but these look like they could get me riding again, that or a Harley trike.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by T LEE
Agree with the above, I could give a crap less what others think if it keeps me in the wind. All I have owned to this point is HD's and one 1940 Indian WAY back in my youth but these look like they could get me riding again, that or a Harley trike.
T Lee, you should borrow someone's Valkyrie trike for a day. Rode with a couple that both had them. Neither had any physical issues at all (in their 40's) and just absolutely SWORE by those things. A trike just felt weird to me the only time I rode one (test drove a friend's Wing trike) but it was a very short ride as I was terrified I was going to flip the thing and owe him a ton of money and perhaps crack my own noggin. grin Crazy thing was he swore you could NOT flip it. I followed him and he cranked the handle bars as hard as he could doing I guess around 45-50 mph and the thing chirpped and immediately corrected itself. Freaked me out and I wasn't about to try it but I could tell he wasn't faking it. In any case, I agree 100%, ride what you want and love it!
By the way, have you ever seen the 'nickel test' on a Valkyrie? Lots of bets have been won on that. I did it several times on mine, worked every time. Truly amazing.
Sorry for the tangent OP.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
i think i might have mentioned that i don't give a crap what people think... if you think they are "gay" don't buy one.

i'm interested in hearing from people who have owned one or ridden one.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
they are a dry land snow-mobile

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have ridden motorcycles for many, many years, both street and dirt. Recently tried one of the Canam's out. It is the most evil handling unstable thing I had ever ridded on. My wife who is a pretty good rider in her own rite tried it as well....same conclusion. IMOP people are going to die on those things.

Lefty C

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beprepared
i think i might have mentioned that i don't give a crap what people think... if you think they are "gay" don't buy one.

I suspect there aren't that many gay people that post here so you may not get an answer.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
T Lee, you should borrow someone's Valkyrie trike for a day. Rode with a couple that both had them. Neither had any physical issues at all (in their 40's) and just absolutely SWORE by those things. A trike just felt weird to me the only time I rode one (test drove a friend's Wing trike) but it was a very short ride as I was terrified I was going to flip the thing and owe him a ton of money and perhaps crack my own noggin. grin Crazy thing was he swore you could NOT flip it. I followed him and he cranked the handle bars as hard as he could doing I guess around 45-50 mph and the thing chirpped and immediately corrected itself. Freaked me out and I wasn't about to try it but I could tell he wasn't faking it. In any case, I agree 100%, ride what you want and love it!
By the way, have you ever seen the 'nickel test' on a Valkyrie? Lots of bets have been won on that. I did it several times on mine, worked every time. Truly amazing.

My biggest problem is getting past my love of the thump of a V-twin Harley, The Valkyrie trike might be an option though. My problem is bad legs and holding up a 2 wheeler anymore, still want to ride in the wind.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by leftycarbon
I have ridden motorcycles for many, many years, both street and dirt. Recently tried one of the Canam's out. It is the most evil handling unstable thing I had ever ridded on. My wife who is a pretty good rider in her own rite tried it as well....same conclusion. IMOP people are going to die on those things.

Lefty C

I'm guessing people who have never rode probably won't have the problem that people that have do judging from some of the threads on some other forums.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Beprepared

Might be a lot of mutual admiration society stuff but might be worth looking around
here http://www.spydertalk.com/forums/
and here http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/forums.php
and here http://www.canamspyderforums.com/forums/
Etc.
I'll say this, they've been around a little while and despite their price, they sure aren't getting less popular.

NRA Lifer

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU

My biggest problem is getting past my love of the thump of a V-twin Harley, The Valkyrie trike might be an option though. My problem is bad legs and holding up a 2 wheeler anymore, still want to ride in the wind.
I let 4 people ride my Valk. Just friends, not necessarily shopping for bikes. 3 of the 4 went out and bought one. The other guy didn't have the budget. One of the three SWORE he'd never ride anything but a Harley. wink
Just ride one. And hold on! smirk

NRA Lifer

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd consider a Jap bike for off-road use. For the street if it doesn't say Harley, Triumph, or BMW on the tank I'm not interested.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Swampman700
I'd consider a Jap bike for off-road use. For the street if it doesn't say Harley, Triumph, or BMW on the tank I'm not interested.
Because you're a "three rings of steel" guy right?
[Linked Image]

I've ridden Harleys and for ME, no thanks (comfort). "Dear Lord please don't send the HD worshippers after me. It's just one man's opinion." BMW's, the ones I've sat on anyway, are way too top heavy. I admit it, I'd like to ride a Rocket. But I like big fast engines that make no apology for it and something not everybody else has.

NRA Lifer

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
as i mentioned earlier, i own a honda shadow.

I am not a very experienced rider, but had absolutely no problem riding in Huntsville where i used to live. I recently moved to austin, and live in a VERY hilly area. The few times that i have been on the road with it here have been TERRIFYING....

riding a 700 pound bike up a 50 degree incline at traffic speeds of 10mph or less while being followed by a pickup truck was one of the most horrifying riding experiences of my life.

If i were a veteran rider, perhaps i would be okay with it.... i am not, and do not think i ever will be with the riding conditions around me

The can-am will be MUCH more stable in traffic, and i will have MUCH better stopping ability.

I'm not a biker. I don't give a crap what bikers think. What i am is a guy who loves to ride on occasion but doesn't want to die on a weekend drive

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (35, 444Matt, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 8 invisible), 1,514 guests, and 785 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,303
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.