Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I think I need/want a .22 cal. revolver--single or double action. I'm looking for a "shooter", not a collector's piece, and I want it to sound like a baby chick, i.e. "cheep, cheep." grin Let me know what you have and thanks for reading this! wink

Jayhawk Dan

GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Check out the link listed below to Heritage Manufacturing, Inc under their "Rough Rider" series. They offer single action revolvers in 3", 4.75", 6.5", and 9" models in 22LR or a combo 22LR/22WMR in the $200 +/- range NIB.

I purchased the "Black" combo 22LR/22WMR in a "Presentation Box" for my son for $189 and he loves it.

They offer multiple finishes (Blue, Black, S/S, Case Hardening)and also just started producing models with adjustable sights as an option.

http://www.heritagemfg.com/site/ind...4f2f-AF7E6017-C3DD-32A9-5BE6D2E162F35B2D

J
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Hi GTP!! Thanks for the quick reply and for the suggestion. smile I know nothing about these Heritage revolvers, although I have heard about them. Are you and your son happy with the quality, i.e. lockup, shoots to point-of-aim, metal work, etc? confused Thanks again; I was happy to learn of someone who is personally familiar with this line of firearms!!

Jayhawk Dan

J
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Hi campfire readers smile Does anyone else have personal experience with the Heritage Arms revolvers? Also, is there anyone else around the campfire that can help me find a .22 handgun? I'm still looking wink Thanks in advance!

Jayhawk Dan

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Dan,

Sorry for the delayed response. For some reason I don't notification of a string I reply to. I've enjoyed owning the model I purchased and don't feel I would loose any money if I wanted to sell it today.

Another way to answer your question is "You get what you pay for". Probably the top of the line current production .22 revolver today is going to be a Ruger. But the price tag also reflects that. When you're looking for a "plinker" you must decide what you budget is, how much you'll be using it, and last but not least it's resale value.

I would fair to guess most folks that have these type of guns enjoy shooting them due to the low cost but really don't shoot them a lot. Having a dual cylinder is a great option when/if the need comes you need a "magnum" for more power and IMHO adds to a better resale value.

I was very surprised when I went to the Heritage website and found the number of models and finishes available. This tells me that they must have found a niche market with a great price point. I think if you can find a unit to handle you'll be impressed with all it has to offer and then decide which level your willing to invest in.

Guy

IC B2

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I sold three of these to a fellow who bought them for his kids to shoot. The triggers were just as good as that of my Ruger Single Six and the price was less than half. Time will tell if they hold up but I thought he got a pretty good bargain for the intended purpose of the revolvers.

J
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Thanks, Guy, for your personal opinion and thoughts!! Sorry to be so late getting back to all these helpful messages--been away from the computer a while blush If you don't mind, which model did you purchase? Thanks again. smile

Dan

J
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Thanks for the benefit of your experience Dieselman. smile Do you know how well those 3 are holding up? Also do you have a recommended dealer for a purchase, inasmuch as you had 3 at one time? Thanks again.

Dan

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Dan,

The one I purchased was the 6.5" Blued model with the Cedar box and it also came with a black nylon holster.

BTW, these pistols also have a "safety" on them. Also if you go to the website I listed above upon opening it on the left hand side there's a "Dealer Locator" and there's a large number of them listed for the state of Kansas with the most notable being Cabela's and Gander Mountain. A quick call to the nearest to you will let you know if they have any in stock to view and handle.

Guy

Last edited by GTP350; 03/19/11.
J
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Thank you very much, GTP350!! You have been a great deal of help and you've really got me thinking I want one of these. I'm shopping this weekend!! Thanks again. smile

Dan

IC B3

J
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
BTT after being away for about 3 wks!

J
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
BOUGHT A REVOLVER!! THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME!

Jayhawk Dan

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

449 members (06hunter59, 17CalFan, 19rabbit52, 160user, 163bc, 1lesfox, 42 invisible), 2,778 guests, and 1,132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,655
Posts18,533,871
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.