Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
July 16th 2011

The date is set, now we need to work the details.

I have a 34ft TT and canopy, can bring a couple tents if there are those that want to bring a cot and bag. So we will have a 'base'. I have cooking equipment including eating ware and can supply food for those eating there. You can bring as little or much as you want, I just need to preplan meals.

There is a Motel and restaurant combo in Quemado, NM. Also a couple gas stations/small groceries.

Ken Howell lives in Quemado and will be a treat to visit with for all. Hopefully the rains come so we can have a good shoot out in the forest. Though I do know there is some kind of range out behind town if that's our last resort, not sure how crowded it gets if at all, not many people in Quemado and no signal lights. Fishing lake close.

Paul will be taking care of some of these issues, as he lives close.

I will be getting there probably Wed and staying as long as there is those that want to, so it's not restricted to just the weekend.

I'll get up more specifics of where Quemado is and Motel info the next few days. Looks like we will have a good crowd of miscreants and a ton of fun.

Discuss any and all aspects here.

Thanks

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kent that for putting this together.
I'll be able to come up that weekend. I'll probably either come up late Friday, or VERY early Saturday.
Like I mentioned previously I'll likely bring up another big pot of beans, and some other grub to share among everyone. I'll have my big cooler with ice, sodas, a bit of beer, and bottled water. Then I'll bring along my 5 gallon water cooler with Ice and water as well.

Really looking forward to this.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for all your efforts. I'm thinking that the rest of us owe you a cold one.

I'll also bring a Travel Trailer with an awning that is like most TTs: small enough to make you wish you were sleeping under the stars (unless it rains or hails, when thankful people gather).

It's hard to insult me, but I looked up "miscreant" in my dictionary. "A person who is an evildoer, a villain....an infidel, a heretic". Then it came to me....I AM an infidel in the eyes of some, which pleases me.

We may wind up being friends.

Unless you outshoot me.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
General info... here's the motel, I've eaten at the restaurant and it's good... of course my food will be better,lol. Seems nice, not a flea bag.

Largo Motel & Cafe
Highway 60, Quemado, NM 87829 (575) 773-4686 ‎

Quemado is 49 miles east of Springerville, Az.

About 150 miles from Albuquerque, 250 from the Phx area and 290 from Tucson.

Depending on how many camping or moteling will dictate where I setup. So speak up on your intentions.

Try to indicate which days you plan to be there and we will attempt to setup carpools from destinations. Also airport pickup.

I believe fishing licenses are available at the store.

Any other questions I'm not thinking of just pipe up.

Thanks

Kent

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Border Doc

Unless you outshoot me.

Of course we will...

and I will outshoot everyone, unless I have to call my shots... because it's obvious that my bullet went exactly where the barrel was aiming... every time...

If I shoot dirt I meant to, Tom never understood that premise...

Kent

IC B2

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
Kent that for putting this together.
I'll be able to come up that weekend. I'll probably either come up late Friday, or VERY early Saturday.
Like I mentioned previously I'll likely bring up another big pot of beans, and some other grub to share among everyone. I'll have my big cooler with ice, sodas, a bit of beer, and bottled water. Then I'll bring along my 5 gallon water cooler with Ice and water as well.

Really looking forward to this.

I'm looking forward to this also.

Not sure when others are coming but hopefully you can carpool and share gas expenses, I believe Gary (azcoues) would be a weekender. I can bring anyone that wants to come early, stay late.

Kent

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by krp

Unless you outshoot me.

Of course we will...

and I will outshoot everyone, unless I have to call my shots... because it's obvious that my bullet went exactly where the barrel was aiming... every time...

Kent

i had to read that a couple of times after having seen you shoot a pistol. A masterpiece of wiggling.
Unless something goes wrong for me, i will be there and am hauling up my 20footer trailer. Probably will come before the weekend if you are doing that. Will have to coordinate some of that.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by krp

Unless you outshoot me.

Of course we will...

Kent

i had to read that a couple of times after having seen you shoot a pistol. A masterpiece of wiggling.
Unless something goes wrong for me, i will be there and am hauling up my 20footer trailer. Probably will come before the weekend if you are doing that. Will have to coordinate some of that.

My fame precedes me... of course, that's why I shoot the way I do... 'average' is never an option in any of my endeavors...

We will coordinate for sure, I'll have my trailer up at Forest Lakes already before I take it to Quemado.

Kent

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I will be up- will probably stay in Pie Town though but we will see. I think this date will work fine. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Cool! I guess I should make a list.

Me
Ken
Paul
Joe
Tom
Jim
Ben
Dennis

Probables

Greg
Gary
Bob from Durango
J48 from Bloomfield, whom I forgot to welcome aboard earlier.

And some more maybe's and better half's.

Kent

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds good to me. Anyone that is interested in riding up with me is more than welcome. I will probably camp in the truck.
Its likely that I will be leaving the valley in the EARLY a.m. on Saturday, and then having to depart Quemado sometime Sunday afternoon.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I should be able to make it, unless anyone has qualms about me being there. I know I have rubbed people the wrong way here in the past.

My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Double post.

Last edited by Lumpia; 06/05/11.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
You meaner...lol

Great! I know Border Doc and mudhen are coming from your area, might be able to carpool or convoy.

All comments/suggestions welcome.

Kent

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll try to touch base with them, won't be able to head up until Friday afternoon though, and will head back Sunday evening or Monday morning.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looking good for a carpool out of the valley here.
So far I have azcoues riding. Room for one more comfortably with the gear.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
If anyone wants to ride over from the Show Low airport (SOW, no kidding) get in touch here or by PM.

Mighty smoky up here this morning. I have a houseful of guest evacuees that moved 35 or so horses up from the Nutrioso area last night. Haven't heard if Greer was evacuated.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hi Joe - hang in there buddy - we are praying for a change of wind - to zero mph - and then some rain.

The online "incident" updates are not timely or complete at all, and from over here in NM east of Eager/Springerville it is difficult to tell what all is happening, except for our getting a ton of smoke.

Can you tell me the northern reach of the fire this morning, and are the troops getting any grip on it?

Take care.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by krp

Unless you outshoot me.

Of course we will...

Kent

I'm betting if we locked you in a barn you could hit it.

I trust you, man.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DARBY
If anyone wants to ride over from the Show Low airport (SOW, no kidding) get in touch here or by PM.

Mighty smoky up here this morning. I have a houseful of guest evacuees that moved 35 or so horses up from the Nutrioso area last night. Haven't heard if Greer was evacuated.

Sunrise here was like looking through a glass of Port.

The S.W. wind is a LITTLE quieter today,.....but starting to "Kick" again,.....I hope we've seen the worst of that.

I CANNOT get a local weather report ( ? ).....Wazzup wit dat ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 59 invisible), 2,471 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,592
Posts18,492,149
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.