Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I think Tanc's call on upcoming SCOTUS call on 1070 is bang on.

GTC

Link: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=306941

Arizona vindicated
Posted: June 04, 2011
1:00 am Eastern

� 2011

Last week's U.S. Supreme Court decision in Chamber of Commerce v. Whiting is a thunderous victory for immigration enforcement and for America's working men and women. Now, let's get down to business.

In a 5-3 decision, the Court upheld the Legal Arizona Workers Act (LAWA), which requires all Arizona employers to use the federal E-Verify program as a screen against hiring illegal workers. It also revokes the business license of any employer found guilty of repeated violations of the law.

This decision is a death blow to opponents of E-Verify and gives a green light to states that may have been considering following in Arizona's footsteps. But the reason this decision is sending shock waves across the nation is that the reasoning by the majority in the Whiting case is a clear signal that Arizona's 2010 law, SB 1070, is also going to be upheld when it reaches the U.S. Supreme Court on appeal.

In the Whiting ruling, Chief Justice Roberts explicitly rejects the Obama Justice Department's argument that a state cannot legislate to augment the federal government's enforcement (or in this case, the non-enforcement) of federal immigration law. The Supreme Court says states can help enforce immigration laws if they are not acting contrary to federal law itself, which the Arizona law does not do. Thus, last month's ruling from the liberal 9th Circuit Court of Appeals against Arizona's SB 1070 is certain to be overturned.

Arizona's uphill battle against illegal immigration is a seven-year success story. It shows how a few determined and principled legislators can turn around the national debate against incredible odds.

The federal malfeasance in non-enforcement goes back at least 20 years to the Clinton and Bush years. Arizona has born the brunt of the illegal-alien invasion sparked by the government's refusal to secure the southwest border or enforce laws against illegal workers. Hundreds of thousands of Arizona workers were displaced. Arizona's schools were forced to accommodate untold numbers of thousands of illegal-alien children and anchor babies, and many hospitals have closed. Phoenix is now the kidnapping capital of America, and Arizona's border ranchlands are a war zone plagued by drug smuggling and human trafficking.

In 2004, Arizona said, "Enough!" That year, concerned citizens led by then-State Rep. (now Arizona State Senate President) Russell Pearce put Proposition 200 on the ballot, a law to deny public benefits to illegal aliens. Despite being outspent nearly three to one and facing opposition from the Democratic governor, both Republican U.S. senators, all but one of the eight congressmen, as well as the Arizona Chamber of Commerce, the proposal passed with 56 percent of the vote �- including 47 percent of Hispanic voters, according to exit polls.

This bold action brought illegal immigration back in the national conversation. Unfortunately, while Arizona was showing courage and backbone in dealing with illegal immigration, President Bush's solution to the problem was his 2004 amnesty and guest-worker proposal.

While the American people successfully rose up to stop amnesty legislation in Congress in 2006 and 2007, Congress did not address true immigration reform in any meaningful way. Our borders remained porous and our laws unenforced. The people of Arizona were hurting, and they were tired of waiting for the federal government to act. Arizona kept pushing forward, and in 2007 Arizona passed the Legal American Workers Act. The results were immediate. Without the jobs magnet, illegal aliens began leaving the state.

By then, Georgia and Oklahoma had enacted laws similar to LAWA, and some localities also acted. Hazleton, Pa., Farmers Branch, Texas, and Escondido, Calif., followed suit.

Arizona's Russell Pearce didn't let up, and in April 2010 the state legislature passed SB 1070. Americans were so fed up with the federal government's failure to secure our border that they rallied around Arizona. Following Arizona's lead, Georgia passed an SB 1070-style law, and other laws are expected to be signed shortly in Alabama and South Carolina.

While the Supreme Court's decision only directly applied to LAWA and other E-Verify laws, it upholds a state's right to fight illegal immigration. Moreover, the Whiting decision and the mushrooming state revolt against federal inaction may very well provide the momentum to pass mandatory E-Verify legislation In Congress.

House Judiciary Chairman Lamar Smith is planning to take up legislation in the coming weeks. In the wake of the Whiting decision, open-borders lawyer-lobbyist Tamar Jacoby wrote despondently that it "only increases the already good odds that Smith's bill will move easily through Congress."

Americans in every state owe a debt of gratitude to Arizona and its courageous leaders. Thanks to Arizona, we are now on a path to secure our borders, enforce our laws and take our country back.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good knock Greg real good knock.

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Outstanding news Sir.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well, now... Imagine that.
I could have sworn a member on here assured us all that there would never be any progress on this border problem and the illegal aliens sapping our nation's wealth and victimizing its people. That it was all a pipe dream and people should just get used to the idea of a complete lack of law enforcement.
It sure seemed (and still does) an odd stance from someone in the business of law enforcement... Perhaps just wishful thinking on his part? as a matter of job security? More foreign nationals traveling his beat = more need for his "services".

Looks like yet another step in the progress towards his complete disappointment... Here's to hoping for more steps in the right direction.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Yup,.....'You Border rats better get used to ,....yadda, kvetch, PHhhht,....blorp,.... etc.

You neglected to mention that ANY and ALL efforts to inject some awareness of the Border situations have been labled
..... 'Whining",....and often called 'pissing and moaning'.

VERY oddball stance, that.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yep, I forgot that part.

You crying, whining, sniveling border rats anyway. Something wrong with you's guys. You and that dratted Jan Brewer... just somthing fundamentally wrong.

wink

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
"Scrawny" too

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
"Scrawny" too

I prefer the term 'wiry' myself...

"you'll never get anywhere, the federal courts will just strike down these legislative/voter approved laws, just like what happened in our state"

Well, at least at this point in history 'our' state won't quit until all avenues are exhausted... kinda what we said.

You have to start somewhere and keep pushing... maybe this will help speed the process in the future on a National level for state laws.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First off congrats, that is great news. Second, the article labeled it a death blow to opponents, but I fear this will also be the death blow to CA.

As other states follow AZ, Mexican illegals will be forced to either return home, or flee to friendlier confines. I see all those from TX, AZ & NM, fleeing to CA. First the influx of liberals in the 60's and 70's, now the flood of illegals even heavier than the last decade. This very well could be our last nail.

In the past Californians have reacted against illegal aliens, but seemed unable to go as far as putting in place a legislation that is not infested with liberal vomit. I fear the pukes in power in CA have the mentality of being perfectly willing to ride a sinking ship to the bottom of the sea.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Barkoff
First off congrats, that is great news. Second, the article labeled it a death blow to opponents, but I fear this will also be the death blow to CA.

As other states follow AZ, Mexican illegals will be forced to either return home, or flee to friendlier confines. I see all those from TX, AZ & NM, fleeing to CA. First the influx of liberals in the 60's and 70's, now the flood of illegals even heavier than the last decade. This very well could be our last nail.

In the past Californians have reacted against illegal aliens, but seemed unable to go as far as putting in place a legislation that is not infested with liberal vomit. I fear the pukes in power in CA have the mentality of being perfectly willing to ride a sinking ship to the bottom of the sea.

California is already a lost cause.Let them go down.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jdm953

California is already a lost cause.Let them go down.

[bleep] you redneck.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There still coming across the border aren't they. States and companies have used E-Verify for a while nothing new. This is just a small bandage on a large wound. I bet Govt. won't be taking licenses away from big Ag. which is one of the largest employer of illegals.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hunter1960
There still coming across the border aren't they. States and companies have used E-Verify for a while nothing new. This is just a small bandage on a large wound. I bet Govt. won't be taking licenses away from big Ag. which is one of the largest employer of illegals.

I think you'll find the biggest employers in Construction. I believe agg has long since got the green card thing down pat, no need for illegals. Construction however would have a tough go making the claim of "jobs Americans won't do".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Typical libtard response. You lose Barney.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

Looking back a couple years ago when Nappy was our governor, I never thought we would be where we are now. It is a lesson that not all situations are forever or unchangeable. Something inconsequential seeming as an Obama Cabinet appointment has had National implications, bet he never thought some unknown secretary of state would be such a thorn to him, I imagine he wishes he'd left the dike in Az.

Az and Cali will always be bonded, like sisters. Califoria politics have always overshadowed ours and just maybe this time we can have a positive effect the other way. Not sure about Brown's stance and it may not happen now, but we do know not all things stay the same. Hopefully the hippy politics start dieing off soon... F'ers can't live forever.

I will never give up on California.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congrats AZ!

pioneer spirit is not dead in that state, have enjoyed visiting & met folks that live there.

like CA and yes even AK I find it more pronounced in smaller communities vs. larger ones.

the blood that flows through descendants of folks that settled those places is not completely watered down.

here's hoping there's more good news to follow on our border situation.

keep fighting the good fight Arizonans!

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Karnis
Typical libtard response. You lose Barney.

What are you doing about it oldman? Are you involved in any form within your community to help curb illegals??

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'm just amazed that decent Californians haven't burned down Sacramento, LA, and SF by now. What the hell is the holdup, anyway?

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hunter1960

I think you'll find the biggest employers in Construction. I believe agg has long since got the green card thing down pat, no need for illegals. Construction however would have a tough go making the claim of "jobs Americans won't do".

It's interesting that the majority of construction Co. owners are Repubs, yet they employ the illegals. It must go back to a saying, i heard years ago, the Dem's need the vote, the Repubs. need the cheap labor to incease their profits..

I've personnaly seen the fact of the construction Co. owners that are stance Repubs. yet employ the illegals, as one stated with the rising cost of doing business, i can make the cuts in payroll and come out way ahead. This fellow who's a major player in the residential & commerical construction here in the midstate, also mentioned that the mex's call out of work less and steal his hand & power tools less then non-mex employees.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Well, now... Imagine that.
I could have sworn a member on here assured us all that there would never be any progress on this border problem and the illegal aliens sapping our nation's wealth and victimizing its people. That it was all a pipe dream and people should just get used to the idea of a complete lack of law enforcement.
It sure seemed (and still does) an odd stance from someone in the business of law enforcement... Perhaps just wishful thinking on his part? as a matter of job security? More foreign nationals traveling his beat = more need for his "services".

Looks like yet another step in the progress towards his complete disappointment... Here's to hoping for more steps in the right direction.

The illegals have very little bearing in my business, i deal more with white trash, which is home grown in the good ol'USA. There's more of them in this country then, illegal Mex's. I do my job, they the illegals are arrested, i have no bearing or control what the Fed's do with them, if they pick them up or simply issue a summons to appear in Fed. court.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

333 members (160user, 22kHornet, 22magnut, 1OntarioJim, 257robertsimp, 06hunter59, 34 invisible), 1,394 guests, and 1,026 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,096
Posts18,522,196
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.