Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Actually ... I am in Black Bear regulation central (being a POW Hunter) and have seen and been very active in the current situation.

The State only recently took on the Black Bear as a 'Trophy' animal and that is only in unit #1,2 & 3 ... Unit 5 exempted themselves via ADF&G advisory comm from the Black Bear 'crackdown' and in the northern region they have made 3 Bear bag limits and open season all year.

But that discussion is all for another thread.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ropes will cash a check for forked-horns and one-horned Nannies,as well as Rubbed Rats...all under the guise of having a "clue".

[bleep] hilarious,start to finish and I'll feign my suprise that he'd endorse Ratitude with open arms,mainly because few "Guides" know more in how to reliably connect upon same,than he. Fact is,I can't think of another,that scrapes bottoms of bowls so hard.

Ropes is also the only Guide I know who's chickenschit enough,to break into parked cars and rifle through it's contents.

KC should be punched in the face,as should any "Guide" who'd endorse same..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

You go girl !!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I reckon it fair summation,that a 13yr old girl easily trumped your client's "results". No need to cheer her on,exceptional results is innate to her.

[Linked Image]

As an aside...she don't break into cars................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Little sister did well! My congrats to her. Nice picture Stick......

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by ropes
toltecgriz .... why even say that to me ... WTF ... I mearly pointed out that these are not Ileagle Bears as some have said.

On the other hand if somebody wants to shoot a small Bear or a spike Buck who cares ... as Klikitarik pointed out only about 25% of those cubs survive Boar killing any way.

A bunch of Slopers can come to POW and kill a bunch spike and fork bucks and name it "the November to Remember" and everyone around here remarks on how cool that is ... but someone kills a small Bear and the next thing you know there is going to be 'a Guide only' requirement because of it ..... go figure !!!!

Ropes... You Lie and twist the truth. Any thoughts about running for government? Several years of Hog Bucks and bears have been posted on this forum from your so-called Slopers. Forks and Spikes have been posted as well but there is a major difference concerning the the OP. When a "Sloper" posts a fork he doesn't get on here and tell everyone he can provide all the great info to others to come up and shoot a dink! Here is one of my dinks that has been posted before.

You should look in the mirror before you type:

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Hey! What's wrong with fork horns? haha

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

I knew my posts would get a bunch of panties in a wad ....

And Calvin ... nothing wrong with a fork .. I've killed plenty of em ... in fact one year we raised big white Turkeys and my wife told me one day "we get more meat from one of these than those Spikes you kill" !!!!!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A Spade is a Spade

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sloper?

IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I could be wrong but it seemed a tacit approval. I could expand but I'm on a cell phone and can barely make the dang thing work.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oilfield trash in Prudhoe Bay (or other "North Slope" oilfield) typically working 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. Schedules can vary tremendously, but the time and money are usually good.

The reference is to the north slope of the Brooks Range and everything from there draining north to the Beaufort Sea.

It is not a racist epithet...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

And I always thought that Sloper was a race of people ... you know like Cajun, Coonass, Okie or Texan !!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
People hunt for many reasons. In March a buddy and I got a few caribou, ten to be exact. He was a bit embarrassed because he only shot one cow while I got three or four. But that's meat hunting; people hunt for many reasons. We had a good time, and we could have killed a few more since the butchering process took us into the wee hours of the next morning when our five-per day limit started over, and we could see to shoot well enough in the dark. We didn't however, and ended up soaking our joints on a natural warm spring at 4 am instead. Is that hunting I would recommend to others? Probably not, but we had a good time and felt rewarded. It seems KC can be judged by those whom he advises. They killed a couple of barbeque bears. F&G are usually not slackers when they smell "too small/too young". Apparently they didn't. So big deal on the size of the bears. It's KC whose reputation is at stake here. Lots of guys wouldn't have chosen to post those pics, especially if they were in the position he has appointed himself to. He did, but it's his problem, not ours. I think the people who might seek his advice can figure out if this is something they'd like to be a part of. And I seriously doubt that they will assume that they can't improve on these results. In fact, a few do-it-yourselfers may just learn something from seeing the small results. (And I don't mean better poses for picture taking, although that might help also; at least it seems to work for others.)

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Oilfield trash in Prudhoe Bay (or other "North Slope" oilfield) typically working 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. Schedules can vary tremendously, but the time and money are usually good.

The reference is to the north slope of the Brooks Range and everything from there draining north to the Beaufort Sea.

It is not a racist epithet...

I figured it had to do with those who work the slope, but not getting why they are looked down upon. Are they considered non-Alaskans, outsiders who just show for short-time work?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No, I believe it is purely paycheck envy coupled with the proven fact all slopers are hung like ponies...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
...... all slopers are hung like ponies...

Finally, logic and reason assails this thread. grin (And here I was always given the impression I was "improperly skilled". frown )

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
They're smart as a horse and hung like Einstein.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
It may not be fat but it sure is short! Grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No, I believe it is purely paycheck envy coupled with the proven fact all slopers are hung like ponies...

SO, how many years you do on the slope?

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (17Fan, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 160user, 12344mag, 1badf350, 70 invisible), 2,385 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,318
Posts18,487,346
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.