-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a room full of Tonka Trucks, they were my favorite till I was given my first Rifle, a Marlin bolt action 22 RF. Then there was this Wrist Rocket. I loved those so much that I bought one last year just because! I shoot it a lot.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
My favorite "toys" started when I was eight years old and my crazy uncle Louie started me reloading. There was nothing even remotely close after that.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Anything that had to do with a toy gun, BBgun, shotgun, fishing pole, frog gig.

We didn't have enough kids in a close enough radius for neighborhood sports.

Kent

G
gt50 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by Archerhunter

I remember a fun one but not certain of the name. Seems it was "ssp" or some such. Maybe "sst" ???

Anyway, a dragster looking car with a weighted wheel in the center and a T-handled zip strip. The zip strip was a rack and pinion type of affair, the harder you pulled it the faster the car went. That thing would go about 2 blocks down the street. Mine finally self destructed on the curb.

I loved that one too. Only thing is you could not pull the chord too fast or it stripped.

Also had the magnifying glass. I must have burned up several colonies of ants.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T LEE
I can't remember that far back!

I can. It was a stuffed monkey. Never had a name but just a cotton stuffed monkey about 18 inches long. Rusty red cordaroy body with cream colored face, hands and feet. Button eyes and red stitching mouth in a slight smile.

See, my Father was halfway around the world in India protecting mom and me from the evil "Zaps" as I called them. So monkey was my protector in lieu of a dad. And when Mom was "mean" to me, like making me eat my squash, monkey was my confidant and an understanding if silent companion. Oh, we had great adventures monkey and me. Monkey gained several honrable battle wounds. They were carefully stitched up by a great aunt who knew how to sew in the old time way. Ten stiches to the inch.

When Dad finally got home and I had a real live companion again and bigger boy toys monkey lost my interest. Went on to a Lionel electric train and a Red Ryder BB gun. Things like that. Monkey disapeard from my life along with all my other baby toys.

When we were cleaning out the house after my mom died five years ago we empied the old cedar chest.

In the left back corner, wrapped in one of my baby blankets was monkey.

I lost it. You want to make fun of a sixty-five year old man sitting in the middle of the floor, clutching a stuffed monkey and crying like a child now is your chance. I don't care

Monkey is sitting on the book shelf behind me right now. He is kind of old and frayed around the edges. Pretty fragile and would fall apart if you handled him rough. Hell, so am I.

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I was an ants worst enemy. smile

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
We were so poor all I had to play with was my peter.

At least it was one toy that you couldn't break or wear out. grin

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Boggy Creek Ranger
Originally Posted by T LEE
I can't remember that far back!

I can. It was a stuffed monkey. Never had a name but just a cotton stuffed monkey about 18 inches long. Rusty red cordaroy body with cream colored face, hands and feet. Button eyes and red stitching mouth in a slight smile.

See, my Father was halfway around the world in India protecting mom and me from the evil "Zaps" as I called them. So monkey was my protector in lieu of a dad. And when Mom was "mean" to me, like making me eat my squash, monkey was my confidant and an understanding if silent companion. Oh, we had great adventures monkey and me. Monkey gained several honrable battle wounds. They were carefully stitched up by a great aunt who knew how to sew in the old time way. Ten stiches to the inch.

When Dad finally got home and I had a real live companion again and bigger boy toys monkey lost my interest. Went on to a Lionel electric train and a Red Ryder BB gun. Things like that. Monkey disapeard from my life along with all my other baby toys.

When we were cleaning out the house after my mom died five years ago we empied the old cedar chest.

In the left back corner, wrapped in one of my baby blankets was monkey.

I lost it. You want to make fun of a sixty-five year old man sitting in the middle of the floor, clutching a stuffed monkey and crying like a child now is your chance. I don't care

Monkey is sitting on the book shelf behind me right now. He is kind of old and frayed around the edges. Pretty fragile and would fall apart if you handled him rough. Hell, so am I.

BCR
COOL u sound like a living , Calvin and Hobbes !

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
not my first but wore a machine simular to this out on the farm when i got stuck and asked dad to get it out he never just grabbed it and put on solid ground he said it's a tractor it has to be pulled out by a tractor.

[Linked Image]

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like to watch the "Thunderbirds" then break out the lego's and build us a fleet of space ships...:)

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by 338Rem
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
We were so poor all I had to play with was my peter.

At least it was one toy that you couldn't break or wear out. grin

And, lawd-noz I tried!! blush grin

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WHQI5iKYfM

Mr Machine.
He was ok, but kind of a one trick, pony.

I discovered that being Dr over the girls next door was more interesting.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was seldom seen outdoors without my Daisy lever action BB gun and its later replacement, a Crosman 766 BB/pellet gun. As much as I liked my guns, I couldn't use them indoors. Indoors, my favorite would have to have been Legos, hands down.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I had the evil knievel bike. Mine came with that wind up base and also a "ripcord"

That thing rocked.

It beat the hell out of "light brite" I'll tell ya that much.

I had one also, that thing was CRAZY! I believe it was 1974.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
With my Daisy BB gun, I was the scourge of every water strider in Catfish Creek!

I sent thousands of them to a watery grave -- and got to be quite an excellent hip shooter at the same time!

John

Last edited by jpb; 06/06/11. Reason: typo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LEGOS..!

Had a TON of em. Don't know how many hundreds of them got sucked into the vacuum cleaner.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Erector set, model airplanes, and chemistry set.. Actually our favorite endeavor was going down to the local drug store and purchasing sulphur, salt peter,and charcoal,then making homemade bombs out of flashpowder.

luckiy still have all my fingers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
really young I was never far from my toy gun, cowboy hat and boots

mom even has pics of me in summer wearing short pants and cowboy boots

inside it was the the little plastic figurine cowboys and indians, I could while away some serious time playing with them.

still like boots and real guns now, hat not so often, most often a ball hat these days if I wear one at all, but still have a couple of cowboy hats.

you boys will be proud to know, I "often" forgo wearing my boots now when I've a pair of shorts on

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
LEGOS..!

Had a TON of em. Don't know how many hundreds of them got sucked into the vacuum cleaner.

My little boy heard one of his Legos go up the vacuum sweeper yesterday. He was on the verge of tears until Momma calmed him down and explained that she'd dig it out of the cannister before she dumped it. Nothing finds stray legos like a vacuum, except for maybe bare feet. frown

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I remember back in the day when I was growing up we would play Army and I made a 50 cal machinegun out of some leftover lumber. All my friends wanted to be on my side because once I was dug in, I would wipe out the enemy, until one of them came up with the bright idea of using pine cone "hand grenades". Man those were the days.

I also remember going to the movie house and watching films about African safaris. I can't remember who it was but a company came out with a couple of different toy "safari" rifles. Never owned one but I wanted one badly.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

226 members (1_deuce, 280fan, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 204guy, 26 invisible), 1,652 guests, and 1,029 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,844
Posts18,517,322
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.