Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I have the bino systems, but just wondeing if there is something that protects the lenses betterand keeps them from flopping? Thanks

Good Shooting!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I use the Alaska Guide Creations Bino pouch

http://www.alaskaguidecreations.com/binopack.htm

Works great for me. Able to carry some odds and ends like chapstick, lighter, hunting tags, licenses, my rangefinder, optics cleaner cloth, and of course my binos all quick and easy to access.

I also like it over other bino strap carry options I have used extensively the binos are not strapped to you when in use so your hunting partner can take a quick glance through your binos as well. Also keep the rain off of your binos and you can wear the bino pack on the outside layer even in the rain due to the fact it is completely enclosed. With some other bino chest carry options I had to wear the binos under my raingear when its raining out so they would not get water on the lenses which of course meant they'd get wet or fogged up on the lenses due to body heat/moisture when hiking.

Anyway, like everything its not perfect and has its draw back (isn't the lightest for one) but for me it pros outweigh the cons by far over the other options I have seen/tried.

But no one piece of gear works for everyone so certainly look at other options.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Been trying the s4 lockdown harness this spring. No pouches and pockets which I prefer as it keeps everything nice and compact plus quick and easy use of your binoculars. So far I really like it, check it out:
http://www.s4gear.com/products/lockdown

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
H
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Thanks guys! I was just looking at the S4. I just get tired of te binos flopping and no protection on the lens.

Alaska that looks like a cool rifle set up, what caliber is it and details?

Good Shooting!
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I'm thinking of going with the S4 Lockdown myself. Looks like it's for me and my hunting style.

That is an interesting little rifle...

..."I will not tip toe through life, to meet death safely."
IC B2

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Redmtn,

How is it when wearing a pack? Im looking for something new that locks the binos down. The S4 harness looks great. I just dont like any added strain on my shoulders when wearing a pack.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks guys.

That rifle is a model 7 Remington in .308. My dad bought it for me when I was 13. It has taken more game then any of my other big game rifles. 5 moose, 7 caribou, 2 griz, and a black bear. I haven't hunted with it much since I was 21 years old. But my wife started using it exclusively and has taken 2 caribou, an moose, and a black bear of her own with it.

Had the already short model 7 stock cut down shorter to keep the same LOP with the grind to fit limbsaver for her. Just got the bolt a nice spiral helix job done to it. Best part yet is the fact that Rick Bin contacted me 3 days ago and the McMillian UL stock is in the mail now for it. Should be make a nice little rifle even sweeter as its topped with a 2.5-8X36 VX3 in Talley lows.

But enough about the rifle wink That lockdown looks pretty system looks pretty interesting.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by norcalblacktail
Redmtn,

How is it when wearing a pack? Im looking for something new that locks the binos down. The S4 harness looks great. I just dont like any added strain on my shoulders when wearing a pack.

I wear mine with a Crew Cab, the sternum strap goes under the bino
straps, there is no interference at all, works like all the other harnesses.
There is a slight bit more tension on the shoulder due to the shock cord
that pulls your binos up into the holder but nothing that I really notice.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by alaska_lanche
Thanks guys.

That rifle is a model 7 Remington in .308. My dad bought it for me when I was 13.

Your Dad is/was a man who knows rifles.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This season i will be carrying my binos in a Hill people gear Kit bag/chest rig. No need to carry my 329pd during hunting season so binos will have a home in the handgun compartment. It is also nice because you have fast access just like you would drawing your gun. My range finder will have a home in it also. I am super excited about it because i have always had a problem finding quick accessable places to put this stuff and i think i finally found the answer.

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
+1 for the Alaska Guide Creations bino pouch.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Those S4 look pretty good and they are very reasonable $44 compared to the Sitka $100 ones they are selling.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
+1 on the Alaska Guide Creations Bino pouch. Jaret, the owner, is a great guy to deal with.

I've also tried the S4 Lockdown which would work as well.

I
IAK Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
i don't like having all the straps on when i need to change layers, i won't wear the standard bino bra either thats the latest rage...
for me is a buttom up light weight shirt that i wear almost all the time and i just drop my binos inside my shirt...keeps em clean, handy and not bumpin' around, one strap around my neck so i can pull them on and off as often as i want with out having my buddy check to see if my "straps are twisted"...:)
if i've just got a single layer on i wear them bandelero style across my chest...simple stuff. and lighter weight, but who's counting ounces in here???

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by IAK
Anyone try the Badland's bino case?

http://www.badlandspacks.com/index.php?go=Packs_Acc02#

I have that case as well. It is a nice bino pack but I don't like opening and closing the lid every time I want to look at something. The little pockets inside are good for a small lighter and some fire starter but won't fit a range finder. I glass quite abit so prefer something a little quicker.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Single strap for me. Slung under the armpit for climbing, long hikes, cutting up animals, etc. I suffered for a couple years with the bino bra, and hated every minute.

Most everyone else that I hunt with loves the "harness" system, so I guess it's just me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've tried 'em all, and I just found the answer.

The S4 lockdown. By far the best system I've ever tried. Not perfect, but very close. It protects all lenses, it allows for tension free glassing, it has a fleece, no squeak back, and I like it a whole lot. I bought two of them, actually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAnLCKFr4eM

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
How tightly does the Alaska Guide pack ride? Any chance of being able to run without it flopping everywhere?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by cwh2
Single strap for me. Slung under the armpit for climbing, long hikes, cutting up animals, etc. I suffered for a couple years with the bino bra, and hated every minute.

Most everyone else that I hunt with loves the "harness" system, so I guess it's just me.

Well, Dan fits a bra better than you.
grin

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 06hunter59, 64 invisible), 2,112 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,775
Posts18,495,739
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.