Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 23 1 2 3 4 22 23
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
E,

I have a vest that I can put little pre-weighed shot packets in. I regularly build up to training with 100 lbs in the vest. There's a climbing trail in Giant City Park where I live. Leading up to a hunt I build up to training for 3 hours a day, 5 days a week, with the vest on. This year I'm [bleep] because of my knee, but I'll be back in shape soon enough. There's not much I can do to replicate the lack of oxygen at higher elevations except to add more weight to the vest. I also carry a 10 lb weight in each hand once I've started the weight vest training.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Magnumdood,

You are making me sound bad. I thought I was doing good when I worked up to a 57 pound back pack for 20 - 30 minutes per day walking up and down the steep part of the drive way to the barn.

But like the Bible says, don't compare yourself with others, but with what you used to be.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Yup. I used to be real tough. Every year that passes, that young guy in my memory grows tougher and tougher!

It's amazing how many tough guys there are on the internet, but in my daily life I run into very few. Weird. I may have to check into that discrepancy someday. Might be something about sitting at a computer for hours every day that makes a man strong. Maybe?

Use whatever doggone scope you like! If that big ol' Hubble trips your trigger, so be it. I tend to like smaller, lighter scopes on my rifles, but there's a place for giant size scopes too.

Enjoy! Guy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is at my local shop..pretty cool rig for those into this kind of rifle...
http://www.gunsinternational.com/Sako-custon-Long-Range-Hart-McMillian.cfm?gun_id=100185955

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by GuyM
Yup. I used to be real tough. Every year that passes, that young guy in my memory grows tougher and tougher!

It's amazing how many tough guys there are on the internet, but in my daily life I run into very few. Weird. I may have to check into that discrepancy someday. Might be something about sitting at a computer for hours every day that makes a man strong. Maybe?

Use whatever doggone scope you like! If that big ol' Hubble trips your trigger, so be it. I tend to like smaller, lighter scopes on my rifles, but there's a place for giant size scopes too.

Enjoy! Guy

I hope we can meet some day guy. You can judge for yourself whether I can do what I say I can do because we'll go do it. You didn't come out and say it, but I think you fancy yourself a "tough guy". I made no claims to being tough; I just said I tried to be in shape for hunting season so I could tote that big, heavy rifle without being a bother to the other hunters. I don't think that makes me all that "tough" though. And we'd better meet soon; I'm 51 and am getting a knee replaced, so I am literally wearing my azz out.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
E,

I have a vest that I can put little pre-weighed shot packets in. I regularly build up to training with 100 lbs in the vest. There's a climbing trail in Giant City Park where I live. Leading up to a hunt I build up to training for 3 hours a day, 5 days a week, with the vest on. This year I'm [bleep] because of my knee, but I'll be back in shape soon enough. There's not much I can do to replicate the lack of oxygen at higher elevations except to add more weight to the vest. I also carry a 10 lb weight in each hand once I've started the weight vest training.

Good way to [bleep] up your back too.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by mathman
Coach,

I'm running a Hensoldt 6-24x72 on the only centerfire rifle I have left. The scope weighs 39 oz, or, 2.44 lbs.

Unless he already knows your rifle, he might think it's a "normal" hunting rig. Put up a pic for context.

OK

[Linked Image]

Is it just me or is your scope canted down towards the barrel? I thought bases with elevation built into them were supposed to slope upwards so you can dial in to shoot long range.

"Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lotsa funny schit here and it's a literal Treasure Trove of outright dumbphucktitude!

The Hubble Gang and their Haybale & Crockett Window Lickin' Safaris,never won't not crack me the [bleep] up. Only gets better with walks in the park and lead vests,as the culmination which arranges their "results". Schit don't get much funnier than that!

To top it,you'd have to ask Magnum Douche P.I.(Puzzy Itches),to hang a pic of her best beastie slain with said wares and to expound a wee bit in the particulars of the fruition,allowing her bandwidth to expound upon the "rigorous trevails" associated with arranging same,which quantify the Hubble's incorporation and deal sealing capabilities.

Of course she'll play dumb,which ain't an Act.

Bless her boundless Imagination!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Kay9Cop
Originally Posted by mathman
Coach,

I'm running a Hensoldt 6-24x72 on the only centerfire rifle I have left. The scope weighs 39 oz, or, 2.44 lbs.

Unless he already knows your rifle, he might think it's a "normal" hunting rig. Put up a pic for context.

OK

[Linked Image]

Is it just me or is your scope canted down towards the barrel? I thought bases with elevation built into them were supposed to slope upwards so you can dial in to shoot long range.

The Special long range elevation bases DO "tilt" the scope downwards to the rear to front, which by contrast RAISES the line of the bore in relationship to the line of sight....

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Lotsa funny schit here and it's a literal Treasure Trove of outright dumbphucktitude!

The Hubble Gang and their Haybale & Crockett Window Lickin' Safaris,never won't not crack me the [bleep] up. Only gets better with walks in the park and lead vests,as the culmination which arranges their "results". Schit don't get much funnier than that!

To top it,you'd have to ask Magnum Douche P.I.(Puzzy Itches),to hang a pic of her best beastie slain with said wares and to expound a wee bit in the particulars of the fruition,allowing her bandwidth to expound upon the "rigorous trevails" associated with arranging same,which quantify the Hubble's incorporation and deal sealing capabilities.

Of course she'll play dumb,which ain't an Act.

Bless her boundless Imagination!..................

Well, one thing is for SURE, Little schtick..

No matter WHAT you think of his rifles or scopes etc.. at least "Magnumdood" is not limited to ONE POST per 24hours here by the site owner. wink

Congratulations?

Now go sit on your hands for another 24 hours. grin

Last edited by jim62; 06/11/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Lotsa funny
dumbphucktitude!
Hubble
Window Lickin'
won't not crack me the [bleep] up.
Schit
Douche
her best beastie
expound a wee bit
of the fruition
her bandwidth
She'll play dumb
her boundless Imagination

Yawn.....

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E,

Do you quit your day job for this routine ?

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
All kidding aside, MD, getting into whatever shape you can is a big help. I would advise caution on working that knee too fast however. Remember, the muscles get stronger alot faster than do the tendions and ligaments. Push too hard and too fast and you'll damage one of them. That's why 70% of the people that take up running quit in less than a year. They push too hard and injure themselves.
Good luck on your hunt. E

A
anh Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
There's not much I can do to replicate the lack of oxygen at higher elevations except to add more weight to the vest.

Not true.

You can ask someone who lives at higher elevation to collect a bottle of air from their AO and ship it to you. You can then do your park walk in a deep dive helmet or the like, and pipe that special air to yourself. The helmet and air bottle will only improve your weight carrying abilities.

But prior you might also want to consider that even if your fitness allowed you to run up the side of the mountain, like Lance Armstong but without a bike, you'd still be doing less work with a lighter rifle.

Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
The nightforce with the 50mm would be the way to go.

The zeiss and swaro do not even come close to comparing to the clarity of the NF. Those two scopes shine when compared to the Leupold/Burris/Nikon, etc. market.

I have used all of them and if I could afford all NF I would.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E,

May I suggest a brisk swim while wearing the vest? Much easier on the knees.

Here, hold my beer and watch this!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Petersen,

I purchased a Nightforce, two Swarovski z5's and two Bushnell 6500's and compared them side by side on my line charts. What you are sayings is certainly suported by me and the folks who have looked through them side by side at the same time.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's a sight, for Gods sake.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dave7mm

Lotsa funny
dumbphucktitude!
Hubble
Window Lickin'
won't not crack me the [bleep] up.
Schit
Douche
her best beastie
expound a wee bit
of the fruition
her bandwidth
She'll play dumb
her boundless Imagination

Yawn.....

dave

Yeah. I had high hopes that Big Stick would play better with others this time around, instead of just bird-dogging people around and endlessly "fishing" (trolling). What a waste.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
mcmurphrjk,

It's a sight, for Gods sake.

I don't think you get it. If all a scope was is a sight, we,including you, would not have progressed past the Weaver K4.

We spend big bucks on toys to play with. Part of my playing is comparing them to some of my other toys. When I post I am not in competition with others here.

When I post that my Nightforce is better than my Swarovski, I am not telling folks that my stuff is better than theirs. I am telling folks that some of my stuff is better than some other stuff I have.

Everyday Hunter
Page 2 of 23 1 2 3 4 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

445 members (12savage, 16gage, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 160user, 49 invisible), 2,189 guests, and 1,116 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,859
Posts18,497,125
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.