Home
I want to use a Nightforce 5.5x22x56 on a GAP 300WM for a LR deer and hog rifle. Rifle is rested frt. and rear on sandbags in an elevated box stand.
I need the high magnification to study the rack on bucks across long fields. I use binos to glass the fields then the scope to size up the antlers.
Is the 56 better than the 50?
Is the 56 worth the extra $$?
Will the 56 cause a problem by being mounted too high?

Thanks
Coach
1) Scopes are to aim - binos and spotters for identification

2) high X benefit from bigger obj.

3) Head positioning is crucial for offhand, quick shots

The difference in mounting hight is 3 millimeters - to little to worry about, unless these force you to use a disproportionally higher mount.
Go with the 50mm objective!!
What is "long range" for you ?

The 2.5-10x32 NF will mount lower, is plenty bright enough to shoot in any legal light and with the illuminated HV reticle is a "point and shoot" setup to 600 yards.

The money you save will buy you an excellent spotting scope.
Great scope as long as weight is not an issue.

Although I personally like the Swarovski glass for definition of target. I believe you will get better definition clarity with the Swaro. Even the lesser AV or Z seeries I believe has better glass than the NF. They are just not built like a tank the way the NF is built. Tom.
Old Coach,

When I compared my 12-42X56 Nightforce with my Swarovski z5 5-25X52 the Nightforce was considerably better in low light and day light. An example of the difference between the two was dramatically displayed in the magnification necessary to see the lines on my line chart. I put it at different distances until the Nightforce needed some adjustment to clearly see the lines and spaces. The distance was 521 yards. The Nightforce needed 12X while the Swarovski needed 16 1/2X. I have been accused of haveing a rifle mounted spoting scope. Why spend money on something I don't need.

I am not saying my stuff is better than someone elses' stuff. I am saying that something I purchased with my own money is better than something else I bought with my own money.

When Cliff saw my Nightforce he said, "I can see no reason that that should not be on an elk rifle."
When Cliff saw my Nightforce he said, "I can see no reason that that should not be on an elk rifle."

Besides weighing well over two pounds? grin
Great glass but they remind me of desert eagles when it comes to weight.

Boat anchors from hell.
Originally Posted by mathman

Besides weighing well over two pounds? grin

Coach,

I'm running a Hensoldt 6-24x72 on the only centerfire rifle I have left. The scope weighs 39 oz, or, 2.44 lbs.
[Linked Image]I had a Nightforce 5.5-22X on my Encore 25/06 for awhile. Yes, it works fine but unless you intend to cap your deer at well over 500 yards, it isn't necessary. I finally sold the scope.
Get a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 and you will not be disapointed. It will do what you want and not weigh nearly as much as the Nightforce.The zeiss also has better glass.I have 2 on long range hunting rifles and am I am very pleased with them.Under a grand.
Coach,

I'm running a Hensoldt 6-24x72 on the only centerfire rifle I have left. The scope weighs 39 oz, or, 2.44 lbs.

Unless he already knows your rifle, he might think it's a "normal" hunting rig. Put up a pic for context.
Coach,

Unless he already knows your rifle, he might think it's a "normal" hunting rig. Put up a pic for context.

OK

[Linked Image]
Have fun hoofing that around in the elk mountains. E
I don't believe carrying my rifle will be as difficult for me as you seem to hope it to be.
Magnumdood,

Nice rifle - who built it for you??
Eremicus,

It may suprise you, but dispite being only 5' 7 1/2" and weighing about 160 I used to carry a heavy barrel Kleinguenther K 14 with a 28" barrel up and down lots of steep and not so steep hills. Perhaps Magnum Dood is 6 1/2 feet tall and weighs 260 pounds of solid muscle and sinew. Or maybe he is just in good shape.

You see when someone is in great shape, they can do what most hunters can't.
Originally Posted by cmg

+1......glad he's not hunting on my place.
Originally Posted by 300MAG
Magnumdood,

Nice rifle - who built it for you??

Gordy Gritters
Ringman, I spend my summers walking the mountains near my home in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mtn. Range. One of my favorite day hikes is a little walk up to the top of Pyramid Pk., which tops out at 9987 ft. It's only about 4.5 miles from Hwy 50, but the trail climbs about 4100 ft. I've done it in 3 hrs. Got any idea what that is like ?
I've got a 10.5 lb. rifle that I've humped my local mountains with.
I'm just having a little fun with Magnum Dood. Used in the right place, that rifle, BTW, can be a real asset. Might be a little of a strain getting to that right place, but, heck, that's why we have out special toys, right ? E
E,

I have a vest that I can put little pre-weighed shot packets in. I regularly build up to training with 100 lbs in the vest. There's a climbing trail in Giant City Park where I live. Leading up to a hunt I build up to training for 3 hours a day, 5 days a week, with the vest on. This year I'm [bleep] because of my knee, but I'll be back in shape soon enough. There's not much I can do to replicate the lack of oxygen at higher elevations except to add more weight to the vest. I also carry a 10 lb weight in each hand once I've started the weight vest training.
Magnumdood,

You are making me sound bad. I thought I was doing good when I worked up to a 57 pound back pack for 20 - 30 minutes per day walking up and down the steep part of the drive way to the barn.

But like the Bible says, don't compare yourself with others, but with what you used to be.
Yup. I used to be real tough. Every year that passes, that young guy in my memory grows tougher and tougher!

It's amazing how many tough guys there are on the internet, but in my daily life I run into very few. Weird. I may have to check into that discrepancy someday. Might be something about sitting at a computer for hours every day that makes a man strong. Maybe?

Use whatever doggone scope you like! If that big ol' Hubble trips your trigger, so be it. I tend to like smaller, lighter scopes on my rifles, but there's a place for giant size scopes too.

Enjoy! Guy
This is at my local shop..pretty cool rig for those into this kind of rifle...
http://www.gunsinternational.com/Sako-custon-Long-Range-Hart-McMillian.cfm?gun_id=100185955
Originally Posted by GuyM
Yup. I used to be real tough. Every year that passes, that young guy in my memory grows tougher and tougher!

It's amazing how many tough guys there are on the internet, but in my daily life I run into very few. Weird. I may have to check into that discrepancy someday. Might be something about sitting at a computer for hours every day that makes a man strong. Maybe?

Use whatever doggone scope you like! If that big ol' Hubble trips your trigger, so be it. I tend to like smaller, lighter scopes on my rifles, but there's a place for giant size scopes too.

Enjoy! Guy

I hope we can meet some day guy. You can judge for yourself whether I can do what I say I can do because we'll go do it. You didn't come out and say it, but I think you fancy yourself a "tough guy". I made no claims to being tough; I just said I tried to be in shape for hunting season so I could tote that big, heavy rifle without being a bother to the other hunters. I don't think that makes me all that "tough" though. And we'd better meet soon; I'm 51 and am getting a knee replaced, so I am literally wearing my azz out.
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
E,

I have a vest that I can put little pre-weighed shot packets in. I regularly build up to training with 100 lbs in the vest. There's a climbing trail in Giant City Park where I live. Leading up to a hunt I build up to training for 3 hours a day, 5 days a week, with the vest on. This year I'm [bleep] because of my knee, but I'll be back in shape soon enough. There's not much I can do to replicate the lack of oxygen at higher elevations except to add more weight to the vest. I also carry a 10 lb weight in each hand once I've started the weight vest training.

Good way to [bleep] up your back too.
Coach,

OK

[Linked Image]

Is it just me or is your scope canted down towards the barrel? I thought bases with elevation built into them were supposed to slope upwards so you can dial in to shoot long range.
Lotsa funny schit here and it's a literal Treasure Trove of outright dumbphucktitude!

The Hubble Gang and their Haybale & Crockett Window Lickin' Safaris,never won't not crack me the [bleep] up. Only gets better with walks in the park and lead vests,as the culmination which arranges their "results". Schit don't get much funnier than that!

To top it,you'd have to ask Magnum Douche P.I.(Puzzy Itches),to hang a pic of her best beastie slain with said wares and to expound a wee bit in the particulars of the fruition,allowing her bandwidth to expound upon the "rigorous trevails" associated with arranging same,which quantify the Hubble's incorporation and deal sealing capabilities.

Of course she'll play dumb,which ain't an Act.

Bless her boundless Imagination!..................

Originally Posted by Kay9Cop
Coach,

OK

[Linked Image]

Is it just me or is your scope canted down towards the barrel? I thought bases with elevation built into them were supposed to slope upwards so you can dial in to shoot long range.

The Special long range elevation bases DO "tilt" the scope downwards to the rear to front, which by contrast RAISES the line of the bore in relationship to the line of sight....

Originally Posted by Big Stick
Lotsa funny schit here and it's a literal Treasure Trove of outright dumbphucktitude!

The Hubble Gang and their Haybale & Crockett Window Lickin' Safaris,never won't not crack me the [bleep] up. Only gets better with walks in the park and lead vests,as the culmination which arranges their "results". Schit don't get much funnier than that!

To top it,you'd have to ask Magnum Douche P.I.(Puzzy Itches),to hang a pic of her best beastie slain with said wares and to expound a wee bit in the particulars of the fruition,allowing her bandwidth to expound upon the "rigorous trevails" associated with arranging same,which quantify the Hubble's incorporation and deal sealing capabilities.

Well, one thing is for SURE, Little schtick..

No matter WHAT you think of his rifles or scopes etc.. at least "Magnumdood" is not limited to ONE POST per 24hours here by the site owner. wink

Congratulations?

Now go sit on your hands for another 24 hours. grin

Lotsa funny
dumbphucktitude!
Hubble
Window Lickin'
won't not crack me the [bleep] up.
Schit
Douche
her best beastie
expound a wee bit
of the fruition
her bandwidth
She'll play dumb
her boundless Imagination

Yawn.....

dave
E,

Do you quit your day job for this routine ?

All kidding aside, MD, getting into whatever shape you can is a big help. I would advise caution on working that knee too fast however. Remember, the muscles get stronger alot faster than do the tendions and ligaments. Push too hard and too fast and you'll damage one of them. That's why 70% of the people that take up running quit in less than a year. They push too hard and injure themselves.
Good luck on your hunt. E
Posted By: anh Re: Nightforce on a hunting rifle? - 06/12/11
There's not much I can do to replicate the lack of oxygen at higher elevations except to add more weight to the vest.

Not true.

You can ask someone who lives at higher elevation to collect a bottle of air from their AO and ship it to you. You can then do your park walk in a deep dive helmet or the like, and pipe that special air to yourself. The helmet and air bottle will only improve your weight carrying abilities.

But prior you might also want to consider that even if your fitness allowed you to run up the side of the mountain, like Lance Armstong but without a bike, you'd still be doing less work with a lighter rifle.
The nightforce with the 50mm would be the way to go.

The zeiss and swaro do not even come close to comparing to the clarity of the NF. Those two scopes shine when compared to the Leupold/Burris/Nikon, etc. market.

I have used all of them and if I could afford all NF I would.
E,

May I suggest a brisk swim while wearing the vest? Much easier on the knees.

Petersen,

I purchased a Nightforce, two Swarovski z5's and two Bushnell 6500's and compared them side by side on my line charts. What you are sayings is certainly suported by me and the folks who have looked through them side by side at the same time.
It's a sight, for Gods sake.
Originally Posted by dave7mm

Lotsa funny
dumbphucktitude!
Hubble
Window Lickin'
won't not crack me the [bleep] up.
Schit
Douche
her best beastie
expound a wee bit
of the fruition
her bandwidth
She'll play dumb
her boundless Imagination

Yawn.....

dave

Yeah. I had high hopes that Big Stick would play better with others this time around, instead of just bird-dogging people around and endlessly "fishing" (trolling). What a waste.
mcmurphrjk,

I don't think you get it. If all a scope was is a sight, we,including you, would not have progressed past the Weaver K4.

We spend big bucks on toys to play with. Part of my playing is comparing them to some of my other toys. When I post I am not in competition with others here.

When I post that my Nightforce is better than my Swarovski, I am not telling folks that my stuff is better than theirs. I am telling folks that some of my stuff is better than some other stuff I have.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by cmg

+1......glad he's not hunting on my place.

There is nothing wrong with using your high-powered scope to do the final judging on the animal- especially if you are alone. Keep your finger off the trigger if you don't want to shoot, simple as that.

I think one of the big draws for the nightforce is the ruggedness. It has great glass- but not as good as the real high end stuff like Hensoldt, S&B, Premier, and March. If money wasn't an issue, I would likely go with the March. I just really like them!

The 50mm is plenty for what you are going to do. I don't notice a big difference in the 50 and 56mm other than the obvious bulk and weight.
Guess I'm different. I have a clue what I'm shooting at before I point a loaded gun at it.
Look around and find a used S&B 4-16x50 Precision Hunter with a P3 reticle. I see them every now and then for 1400-160O. Will get you out to 600. The new Premier hunting scopes with custom turrets are sexy, too. Or you can buy my 5.5-22x56 from me and I'll go take my own advice.
JGRaider,

Are you saying that you have never made a mistake while hunting? Are you saying everyone should learn what you do? I don't understand what all you are saying in this short post.

One time a friend of mine went hunting with a guy who used a fixed 4X. They were watching some mountain goats through some good glass. Finally they both decided on which one the guy should shoot. Of course the hunter switched from his glass to his scope and fired. Cliff asked,
"Why'd ya shoot that one?!"
"'Cause it's the one I want."
"The one you want just moved over to the left. That one came out from the rock on the right."

OIf the hunter had been using something besides a sight, he could have seen his goat had moved.

What cracks me up about your posts is after reading them....They are spot on!
Schitt gets stupid here and you call it out.
More game taken with imagination than anything else.

Originally Posted by mcmurphrjk

Uh...yeah.
I posted twice in a 24 hour period because Little Schit can't. Too bad. LMAO
I posted twice in a 24 hour period because Little Stink can't. Too bad. LMAO

And he wasted the only post he gets with worthless garbage......
I posted twice in a 24 hour period because Little Schit can't. Too bad. LMAO

And he wasted the only post he gets with worthless garbage......

You noticed that too? Oh man, here's another post I get to post on the board in the last couple of hours. I don't have to wait 24 hours.
Originally Posted by Manic_Hunter

May I suggest a brisk swim while wearing the vest? Much easier on the knees.

May I suggest you take a long walk off of a short pier?
Originally Posted by anh
But prior you might also want to consider that even if your fitness allowed you to run up the side of the mountain, like Lance Armstong but without a bike, you'd still be doing less work with a lighter rifle.

Perhaps that's the rifle I want to hunt with.
I find it pretty sorry that a hunting/gun site would limit or even take away someones right to respond to post. What I have found with this site is that if you don't subscribe to the powers to be train of thought then you are unwanted here. Pretty sad seeing that "they" seem to be able to dish it out, yet "they" sure can't take it. I understand that "they" feel threatened by Big Sticks knowledge of a wide array of subjects. If you weren't all such suckers Big Stick wouldn't be able to rope you all in. But of course you all fall into his lap so easily. I have never seen so many grown men cry like little babies as I do regularly on this site. But on the plus side I have met a few really great guys too on this site. So the few good guys have kept me here. I have not met Big Stick but sure would like to. Atleast I know he knows what he is doing and enjoys the same things I do.
NSX 5.5x22x50 works for me.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
MontanaCreekHunter,

I have not met Big Stick but sure would like to. Atleast I know he knows what he is doing and enjoys the same things I do.

In that case it wont be long till you are on a few folks "ignore" list because he enjoys belitting rather than add to a conversation.
Is Stick more of an annoyance than Swampman700 to you Rich ?
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
I find it pretty sorry that a hunting/gun site would limit or even take away someones right to respond to post...

Boo-[bleep]-hoo...

Cry me a river...

Little Schit is the most abrasive, obnoxious, narcissistic poster this board has ever seen and will likely ever see.
Posted By: AlC Re: Nightforce on a hunting rifle? - 06/13/11
ringman, you tested a Z5 Swaro against a Nightforce. You need to compare the Z5 Swaro and the Z6 Swaro. To me the Z6 is Soooooo much clearer. Hard to believe they are both Swaros.
Magnumdood,

I don't think some of these guys understand the difference in work and effort. When I used to carry the heavy barreled K14, I never gave it a thought that it was heavy, 'cause it was not to me at that time. Sure it required the same amout of work then as it would now, but the effort now would be too much. Therefore I carry a much lighter rifle now.
I find it pretty sorry that a hunting/gun site would limit or even take away someones right to respond to post...

Boo-[bleep]-hoo...

Cry me a river...

Little Schit is the most abrasive, obnoxious, narcissistic poster this board has ever seen and will likely ever see.

See, You and Jim have that title as far as I am concerned. If you don't like my post that is more then fair and fine with me that you add me to your ingore list. I sure won't loose any sleep over it.
*** You are ignoring this user ***

Poof...you're gone.
AIC,

ringman, you tested a Z5 Swaro against a Nightforce. You need to compare the Z5 Swaro and the Z6 Swaro. To me the Z6 is Soooooo much clearer. Hard to believe they are both Swaros.

I am glad to read this info. But then one pays about three grand for something that is marginally better. Remember Ford used to make a Falcom and a Fairlane and a Galaxie. Swarovski makes the z3, z5 and the z6 to appeal to people who want to pay a lot more for a tiny bit, if any, better performance.

When someone pays more for a z5 Swarovski than they do for a Nightforce they expect the Swaro to be better in every respect. It isn't. It isn't even as good as my Bushnell 6500 during normal day light, but it is lighter.

I don't want a z6. They are going the wrong direction for me as far as weight goes. I sold the Nightforce. The Bushnell 6500 came off my .257 Weatherby and went on a heavy varmint barrel rifle cause it is just too heavy. The z5 Swarovski is the best compromise between light weight, low light performance, and quality of image and magnification range. Sometimes we have to pay more for what we want.
I find it pretty sorry that a hunting/gun site would limit or even take away someones right to respond to post. What I have found with this site is that if you don't subscribe to the powers to be train of thought then you are unwanted here. Pretty sad seeing that "they" seem to be able to dish it out, yet "they" sure can't take it. I understand that "they" feel threatened by Big Sticks knowledge of a wide array of subjects. If you weren't all such suckers Big Stick wouldn't be able to rope you all in. But of course you all fall into his lap so easily. I have never seen so many grown men cry like little babies as I do regularly on this site. But on the plus side I have met a few really great guys too on this site. So the few good guys have kept me here. I have not met Big Stick but sure would like to. Atleast I know he knows what he is doing and enjoys the same things I do.

Stick knows some things, and Rick tried to let him back. But did you see what happened? Stick was EVERYWHERE, trying to start fights with everyone. Every thread became all about him. It was impossible to try and have a conversation.

There's a lot of us here who aren't Stick-lickers (lol) but don't hate the guy. If he'd make even the slightest effort to be a good campfire citizen, he'd be here, and I agree with you, it'd be a stronger forum for it. But Rick had no choice. Stick was wrecking things.

A bar owner has to toss a guy wrecking it for everyone else, or nobody will come to the bar. Regardless of how much that guy knows.

Just my take. I hope Stick gets his posting privileges back and I hope he doesn't abuse the privilege this time.
Posted By: anh Re: Nightforce on a hunting rifle? - 06/13/11

That changes the physics involved in no way at all.
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Stick knows some things, and Rick tried to let him back. But did you see what happened? Stick was EVERYWHERE, trying to start fights with everyone. Every thread became all about him. It was impossible to try and have a conversation.

There's a lot of us here who aren't Stick-lickers (lol) but don't hate the guy. If he'd make even the slightest effort to be a good campfire citizen, he'd be here, and I agree with you, it'd be a stronger forum for it. But Rick had no choice. Stick was wrecking things.

A bar owner has to toss a guy wrecking it for everyone else, or nobody will come to the bar. Regardless of how much that guy knows.

Just my take. I hope Stick gets his posting privileges back and I hope he doesn't abuse the privilege this time.

I hope he never get his posting privileges back. He hasn't changed in the least. He's abusive and full of schit. I have him on ignore, and have had him on ignore since Rick let him back on the site. After his 2-day grieving period he ramped the abuse up and hit the ground running in his size 4 PF Flyers.
Originally Posted By: Magnumdood

And why do you care what someone uses?

I hope he never get his posting privileges back. He hasn't changed in the least. He's abusive and full of schit. I have him on ignore, and have had him on ignore since Rick let him back on the site. After his 2-day grieving period he ramped the abuse up and hit the ground running in his size 4 PF Flyers.

Windowlicker.... grin...
"When someone pays more for a z5 Swarovski than they do for a Nightforce they expect the Swaro to be better in every respect. It isn't. It isn't even as good as my Bushnell 6500 during normal day light, but it is lighter."

Uhhhh... The Swarovski and Nightforce are about the same price. On is more of a target scope at 34 oz. and the other a hunting scope at 17.5 oz. You cant tell much about a scopes ability on game by looking at "pump house" through the scope. Why dont you get back with us on your comparisons after a year of actually hunting with them before you give your arm chair opinions?
E,

This is funny stuff... I can see you now in tight shorts and colorful sweatband.

Uh...No...Under Armour Cool Gear and Nike Cross trainers.
Manic_Hunter,

Check the prices of the Nightforce 12-42X56 on google. You will discover they run about $1,400 to $1,450. On the other hand the Swarovski z5 5-25X52 plex runs about $1,600 to $1,675. At my wages that is a significant differnce

This thread is about a Nightforce on a hunting rifle. When I was young, I could easily carry a typical hunting rifle with something the weight of a Nightforce and not given it a second thought.

Do you think a scope that does not do as well as another scope in an image test will do better looking at game? I am very happy for you. This very day I learn that for many shooters good enough is. I want the best I can afford. That does not include the luxury of using one for a year and then putting it in the safe if I don't like it.

At my age, I need to get to whatever I'm gonna get to.
Old coach I have an 8x32x56 Nightforce on my 300 win mag. It is a reasonably light weight rifle at 9.8 lbs. I spot with binoculars and use the scope for details such as rack quality or to see any obstructions such as small limbs in the way.
By having a high power scope it becomes more than just a sight, it allows you to place you shot more precisely. Most of the time it is not necessary but it can make the difference between a really nice trophy and no shot opportunity.
The large scope allows me to leave the spotting scope home. I use a set of Vortex Kiababs binoculars for finding the animals and the Nightforce for assessing what I have found. Most of our shots are 300 to 500 yards in brushy canyons at blacktail deer that are pretty small so precision shooting is critical. Typical deer is only about 100 pounds on the hoof. 50 to 70 pounds dressed.
"When someone pays more for a z5 Swarovski than they do for a Nightforce they expect the Swaro to be better in every respect. It isn't. It isn't even as good as my Bushnell 6500 during normal day light, but it is lighter."

Uhhhh... The Swarovski and Nightforce are about the same price. On is more of a target scope at 34 oz. and the other a hunting scope at 17.5 oz. You cant tell much about a scopes ability on game by looking at "pump house" through the scope. Why dont you get back with us on your comparisons after a year of actually hunting with them before you give your arm chair opinions?

The Nightforce Benchrest models are target scopes; their NXS line are tactical scopes and are built about as ruggedly as any scope on the market.
Old Coach,I have a 5.5-22x56 on a heavy barrel 300 WSM.I use it like you said,as a stand rifle for long range.Its just too heavy to carry all day.The only drawback that I have with it is that it is too much scope if you get an unexpected close shot or close moving shot.I have the 56mm,because the 50mm was not in stock when I ordered it.It's ok,and I was able to use the same rings with either.The thing is heavy,and it looks huge,but it is a great scope. Lightman
Originally Posted by anh

Perhaps I should have been more forthcoming with my answer. I don't give a [bleep] what you think. I'm going to hunt with that rifle because that's the rifle I want to hunt with; physics and your opinion be damned.

Clear?
Well? Magnumdoof, show us that Stick was wrong and post some of the slain animals with that gun of yours...
I am not saying Big Stick is perfect. None of us are. Sure he can be abrasive and opinionated. But he only gets out of hand when you guys let him. You want to make it all about Big Stick and it is not. It takes two to tango. Fall in his lap and of course he is going to unlease on you.

This is addressed to Big Stick. There are a lot of people that like to read your post that are informative and that aren't abrasive. You have a lot of knowledge over a wide range of topics. Because of this you do intimidate some guys on here. I hope that you will continue to post on a positive note. Though I find a lot of your negitive post funny, its not you that makes them funny. It is the guy that fell for your bait. So Big Stick I ask you one thing, please tone it down a couple of notches. I want to be able to read your good post.
Perhaps I should have been more forthcoming with my answer. I don't give a [bleep] what you think. I'm going to hunt with that rifle because that's the rifle I want to hunt with; physics and your opinion be damned.

Clear?

Your clarity may be the problem here rather than mine. It doesn't matter to me what rifle you elect to use for a hunt and I never indicated that I did. Initially I pointed out that there are ways (and I detailed one of them) that you might train with lower oxygen air. I also noted that regardless of your level of conditioning, carrying a lighter rifle is less work than a heavier one, which is simple fact. Your reply to that was less commentary on what I actually wrote than an indication you took it as some kind of personal attack. You might as well have said you'd only tote the rifle while the sun was up, it has about as much relation to the work required to carry it as it being your favorite.

It might be you don't care how much work you do and that is all right with me. As above, despite what the voices tell you I'm not trying to talk you out of it or anything. But if you don't expect any commentary of what you write you might want to avoid putting it on a web forum where people comment on what others write.
I'd be more concerned if a hunter can shoot straight rather than what setup he's got. If Magnum can shoot that rig, he'd be more than welcome to hunt with me anytime. I don't care if it weighs 25 lbs. I've seen plenty of clowns show up with so called "mainstream" rifles and scopes, proclaiming how great a shot they are, and miss 23 times at 180" muleys.
Magnum Douche P.I.(Poosy Itches),is a delusuional Day Dreamer,grasping feverishly at Imagination. Her Imagination simply pads her from Reality and it's hilarious "results". She'll blather about much in contrived Theory,but can never bear fruit in any Reality...which is all too constant anymore. A single Critter ain't much,but yet far too much for her to summons,which is of course too [bleep] funny and upon countless levels!

Her cluelessness extends to all things and runs commensurate with her Imagination. She can't even keep up with her dumbphucktitude and I'm groovin' on how she's supposedly had me on "Ignore". There's no stoppin' that gal's Imagination! Bless her heart.

It is an amalgamation of Arm Chair Quarterbacks,"educated" farrrrrr beyond their "intelligence" and waxing eloquently about schit they can't do,though never on purpose. Ringman has charts to peer,fancies his scopes as observation devices...but just can't ever seem to hang crosshairs on anything but Rats and Dinks. Were she scripting Comedy,it'd be spot on,but as a Theorum on how to reliably connect dots,she's woefully dismal in her connect percentages. The oldest adage of all is that if someone can't do it for themself,they sure as schit aren't going to be able to "inform" another on how to.

Jeff-O wishes to wax poetic and tug at semantic heartstrings,to mask her dumbphucktitude. Poor stupid sonofabitch hasn't the smarts requisite,to factor concisely just how [bleep] stupid she is. Too bad she can't concoct a chart to graph that. Laffin'!

The Do-Nothing Gang is a colossal culmination of Flat Landing boobs running amuck,walking around with their heads in their asses,patting eachother on the back and trying feverishly to cajole excuses outta one another to justify their inherent sucktitude,dumbphucktitude,paltry results and contrived nonsense as a viable means of "effectiveness". Not one of the [bleep] idiots can remove head from ass and hang pics of B&C Critters...but all whine wonderfully!

You'd think,that given their "incredible" fitness regimens,"incredible" optics,"incredible" passion to Hunt,"incredible" amount of time spent Outdoors,"incredible" ballistics comprehension and "Incredible" rifle builds,one of the poor dumb bastards woulda killed an "incredible" specimen of some sort?!!? Not no,but [bleep] no...it ain't in the cards,which is purty incredible in itself when weighed in overview.(grin)

There ain't one of the poor bastards with the true know how to answer a question about anything other than the proper application of Vagisil,Midol or Mascara. But in fairness,all have the inherent "knowledge","results" and "experience" to stampede to the front of the line by default to ask questions,which cain't be slighted in it's gravity or poignant oversight.

The Do-Nothing Gang is a concise blueprint of the results garnered,when Fantasy collides with Reality and I reckon the pot sweetened in that the gals think it's "something",to do nothing. Undoubtedly they gotta try to tell themselves sumptin' and attempt to pawn off their blundering hilarity and ineptitude,under the guise of having a clue and under their Secret Squirrel umbrella. I'm personally thankful that they opt to do it aloud...as it is some SERIOUSLY funny schit!

Conversely,it is very easy for them who reliably connect dots on a grand scale,to denote plainly the methodology/tools used and to touch base on the particulars associated,as well as the end results.

Never ain't not easy,to cypher who Do and who Dreams...............

Originally Posted by jim62
Originally Posted by Kay9Cop
[quote=mathman]

OK

[Linked Image]

The Special long range elevation bases DO "tilt" the scope downwards to the rear to front, which by contrast RAISES the line of the bore in relationship to the line of sight....

Thanks, that makes sense now. I've never been into the long range thing, so I honestly didn't know.

I'm not into big and heavy scopes, but I do have a Nightforce 2.5-10x32 that I've used on a couple of guns and is going on a 6.5x55 Blaser R8. I got it for the illuminated reticle and velocity reticle, both of which work very well.
Originally Posted by anh
Your clarity may be the problem here rather than mine. It doesn't matter to me what rifle you elect to use for a hunt and I never indicated that I did. Initially I pointed out that there are ways (and I detailed one of them) that you might train with lower oxygen air.

Gotta call Bullschit on that one. It�s about as feasible as Little Schit posting in a polite manner. And, you knew it was Bullschit when you wrote it.

Originally Posted by anh
I also noted that regardless of your level of conditioning, carrying a lighter rifle is less work than a heavier one, which is simple fact. Your reply to that was less commentary on what I actually wrote than an indication you took it as some kind of personal attack. You might as well have said you'd only tote the rifle while the sun was up, it has about as much relation to the work required to carry it as it being your favorite.

No need to comment on your post as it was all Bullschit, other than the obvious statement that it would take less work to tote a lighter rifle up, down or on a level grade, and was meant to demean my method of training. I won�t comment on Bullschit other than to call it Bullschit.

Clear?
I get to post again Little Schit, see? And only within minutes of my previous post. But, oh my, you can't post again until tomorrow. Too [bleep] bad.
Originally Posted by Calvin
Well? Magnumdoof, show us that Stick was wrong and post some of the slain animals with that gun of yours...

You're of a like mind with stick regarding me, but you tend to be less impressed with yourself, so your posts are shorter and not profane.

So, I have some questions regarding your post.

Why? Why should I give him a single thing he wants? Why does it matter?
I get to post again Little Schit, see? And only within minutes of my previous post. But, oh my, you can't post again until tomorrow. Too [bleep] bad.

He's standing over in the corner with all those other losers like Maser who are being punished......

Well done BigStick, well done.

Your posts are a daily relief from some of the stupid schit posted.

You're of a like mind with stick regarding me, but you tend to be less impressed with yourself, so your posts are shorter and not profane.

So, I have some questions regarding your post.

Why? Why should I give him a single thing he wants? Why does it matter?

If some guy accused me of being a do nothing, I'd be on photobucket posting pictures.. Why don't you post any pictures?
If some guy accused me of being a do nothing, I'd be on photobucket posting pictures.. Why don't you post any pictures?

What is a do nothing?

And again, why does it matter if I post any pictures or not?
I'd have to agree with Calvin...

Hang some pic's and shut Stick up... Show him you are out there killin beasts...

That is if you can... Just sayin...
Douche being his normal douche self. Like he's ever killed anything other than a 12-pack... crazy
How does that thing shoot ?
Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide

Hang some pic's and shut Stick up... Show him you are out there killin beasts...

Why?

Why does it matter if I post a picture or not?
Originally Posted by RDFinn

Like a dream. It shoots Berger 210 VLDs and Barnes 200 grain LRXs into little holes at 100 yards and clover leafs 'em at 200.
What is it.....Lapua, Edge, Ultra ?

He did post pictures of his rifle with sculls painted on the stock, cheesey muzzle brake and as hubble telescope.

30-378 AI.
I think all Dood has to offer is a bunch of titties...

30-378 AI.

More stupid schitt.
Clear?

Not at all. What specifically do you think is bullschit in my posts?

Does it take more work to carry a light rifle than it does a heavier one, the same distance over the same terrain? Do you not believe that breathing specific mixtures of air via some apparatus is possible?

Or do you think I actually do care about which rifle you use for your hunt?
I think all Dood has to offer is a bunch of titties...

You can't answer my question so you insult me as it were.
I know it's a stupid question, but, what are you going to use that for ?

Why?

Why does it matter if I post a picture or not?

It obviously wont happen so I guess it doesn't matter...

Where I'm from when a man calls you out you either put up or shut up...
This is classic Dood.. He talk and talks, but can't back up a single thing he says.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Douche being his normal douche self. Like he's ever killed anything other than a 12-pack... crazy

I killed a fifth of Jack along with a 12 pack...

Didn't use a Night Force though... Was runnin' a Leupy that day...
This is classic Dood.. He talk and talks, but can't back up a single thing he says.

Ah gotcha... I'm kinda new around here so I was unaware...

I see one or two guys on the interweb like that... I guess now it's three...

Originally Posted by anh
Not at all. What specifically do you think is bullschit in my posts?

This:
Originally Posted by anh
You can ask someone who lives at higher elevation to collect a bottle of air from their AO and ship it to you. You can then do your park walk in a deep dive helmet or the like, and pipe that special air to yourself. The helmet and air bottle will only improve your weight carrying abilities.

Originally Posted by anh
Does it take more work to carry a light rifle than it does a heavier one, the same distance over the same terrain?

I agreed with the obvious.

Originally Posted by anh
Do you not believe that breathing specific mixtures of air via some apparatus is possible?

Yes it�s possible, if you have the budget of a government or are independently wealthy. So, that�s Bullschit, because, even if it�s possible, it�s not feasible. I think I already pointed that out.

Originally Posted by anh
Or do you think I actually do care about which rifle you use for your hunt?

No, which just proves you�re carrying on this conversation to be argumentative.

What is it I'm supposed to have said and then be backing up?
The sad thing is that you aren't even playing stupid...
No, the sad thing is you guys seem to equate killing animals as some form of status enhancement. I don't. I won't be hanging any pictures. I'm smarter than your big bald head could ever dream of being. I believe elkhuntinguide told me I was "called out". Where I grew up that didn't mean hang a picture. You'd get your ass beat for being a sissy if you did that. Getting called out was a fight. There are a several posters here I would really like to call out, and have them live just a short distance from me. I invited some of your ARAIG buddies a couple of years ago to come spar with my martial arts class, and they decided not to show. Proving who's the Best Great White Hunter is not being "called out". I shoot, I hunt and I enjoy both.

Be advised then, that Big Stick got called out by John Burns for a shooting contest.....Burns showed up, Stick didn't. It's well documented. Just sayin'.......
I don't believe that Big Stick ever said he was going to be there. Just sayin.........
No, the sad thing is you guys seem to equate killing animals as some form of status enhancement. I don't. I won't be hanging any pictures. I'm smarter than your big bald head could ever dream of being. I believe elkhuntinguide told me I was "called out". Where I grew up that didn't mean hang a picture. You'd get your ass beat for being a sissy if you did that. Getting called out was a fight. There are a several posters here I would really like to call out, and have them live just a short distance from me. I invited some of your ARAIG buddies a couple of years ago to come spar with my martial arts class, and they decided not to show. Proving who's the Best Great White Hunter is not being "called out". I shoot, I hunt and I enjoy it.

I didn't read any posts where Stick asked to throw hands with you... Just a request to hang a pic of what you have killed with your scoped rifle...

I don't give two schits whether you can hang a pic or not... I was just answering your "Why?" question... Nothing more, nothing less...

Be advised then, that Big Stick got called out by John Burns for a shooting contest.....Burns showed up, Stick didn't. It's well documented. Just sayin'.......

As mentioned I am new here so I don't know of the challenge mentioned...

Knowing Stick's local and schedule I doubt he would have agreed to meet anywhere other than his backyard... i could be wrong...
Burns offered to come to Stick's HOUSE. Stick still refused. He was "called out" and didn't show. Just sayin...
Burns offered to come to Stick's HOUSE. Stick still refused. He was "called out" and didn't show. Just sayin...

Well then I guess I am may be wrong...
Yes it�s possible, if you have the budget of a government or are independently wealthy. So, that�s Bullschit, because, even if it�s possible, it�s not feasible. I think I already pointed that out.

At any decent SCUBA shop you could get a bottle of gas, mixed to whatever O2 content you like, for less than the price of all those skulls painted on your rifle, which is what I assume anh is getting at.
No, that's not what ahn was trying to do. Didn't you read where he also suggested I don his impression of a deep-dive suit, with the large metal helmet and the heavy suit that was pressurized? anh wasn�t trying to help by any stretch of the imagination.
Well atleast he didn't suggest a plastic garbage bag over your head and duct taped around your neck nice and tight!
I'll put my money on Mr Burns...
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
I'll put my money on Mr Burns...

I'll put my money on Mr. Burns to win all day any day every day.
Do you think Burns would have travelled to POW AK to shoot against some guy that broke his chops on an internet forum ?
I believe he was very willing to do so, no kidding.
Tough to keep up with the Imagination you instill,into your incessantly whining Dilldoetitude. No thang to keep pace with your "results" however...none of which could be rated as "surprising". Cheer up though,even as sad as you are,you pale to Magnum Douche P.I.(Poosy Itches) in overall Dumbphucktitude,yet you do glisten in more than a few areas(understatement).

She's currently 24 Posts upon this very thread alone,since I more than hinted to the fact,that her scope/rifle combo is PETA's answer to "Hunting". Groovin' on the amount of bandwidth she deems requisite,to reiterate that impressive dry spell. Almost as good as her 25th Post(which she deleted),undoubtedly after she remembered that she said I was on "Ignore". Tough to choose a favorite Magnum Douche Moment as she never disappoints in her "abilities",though it ain't ever on purpose. Bless her heart!

I swear you Do-Nothin' Dumbphucks trump a NASCAR Daytona 500 event,with drivers collected straight from a Jerry Lewis Telethon,in sheer entertainment value. One never knows where the crash is gonna happen,besides very soon and amazingly often.

Lookin' forward to the next installment of The Do-Nothing Gang's window lickin' "exploits" and uncanny "results",sponsored by Midol.

Plum amazin' to me,that not one of you Vageniuses can pry your pooses from the couch long enough,to connect a single [bleep] dot.

It's a beautiful thing,that them realities do not begin to disway your penchant to pretend you've the foggiest of notions,the faintest of [bleep] clues,nor curtail your insatiable collective appetites to take stupidity where it's never been before.

THAT is comedy!...............

RDFinn,

A guy I used to know (he passed away) used to travel from Grants Pass, Oregon to somewhere in Texas to shoot against one guy. Some are inclined.
Do you think Burns would have travelled to POW AK to shoot against some guy that broke his chops on an internet forum ?

Yes, he was willing to make it happen, and he was going to bring his camera crew so the event would be preserved for posterity.
On a dare ? If Burn's was going to fly around for all the people who busted his balls here from day one, he'd been better off growing wings.

Roy, POW?
Prince of Wales Island
Time to get back in the corner with Maser, Bosslady, etc.. See you tomorrow.
Prince of Wales Island

Oh, I thought it was BFE.
Time to get back in the corner with Maser, Bosslady, etc.. See you tomorrow.

He must still be posting as abrasively and obnoxiously as possible. If he were polite for a series of posts, Rick might lift the ban on his posting. I hope he stays abusive, profane and obnoxious as he can muster. Rick must realize Little Dick is a turd, has always been a turd and always will be a turd. He'll never change, and he pokes a stick in Rick's eye every time he posts. Now, back to the corner Little Dick with the other societal misfits, miscreants and turds.

I do think so, yes. Actually much to gain (and lose) there, and John doesn't seem risk-adverse when it comes to putting his shooting ability to the public test.

Besides... there was gonna be a campfire collection to pay for it anyway. I know I was ready to pitch in! Either way- if Larry wanted to go to Wyoming or John to Alaska.

But Stick wouldn't do it. Can't say I blame him. He's created a super-persona, complete with blind worshipers, he's dogged John's product and abilities... and well... it does appear the John can shoot, does it not?

I'm still in, if there's a collection to make it happen. What do you say, Big Stick?

I don't doubt that Burns can shoot or that his rifles will do what he says they can do. IMO, that doesn't make them worth the 6K fee.
Then don't buy one.
Thanks for sharing. Jeff asked me a question and I answered it. Didn't mean to stress you out
You're welcome.
Roy, yes I gathered that. smile

I'm a DIY person myself so, were I to desire a rig like that, I'd build it myself (so to speak) rather than buy turnkey. From John or anyone else. But, I'm a poor man lately and have to search out the cheapest path to where I want to get.

If anyone has seen JGRaider with some of the Muledeer he has killed, he's far from a member of the "Do Nothing" crowd...YMMV
Yeah, well, I damn near won the Dink-a-Thon last season AND I accidentally killed a bruiser of a 4x4 to boot! grin
Originally Posted by Old Coach
I want to use a Nightforce 5.5x22x56 on a GAP 300WM for a LR deer and hog rifle. Rifle is rested frt. and rear on sandbags in an elevated box stand.
I need the high magnification to study the rack on bucks across long fields. I use binos to glass the fields then the scope to size up the antlers.
Is the 56 better than the 50?
Is the 56 worth the extra $$?
Will the 56 cause a problem by being mounted too high?

Thanks
Coach

Just curious as to what "long fields" entail? I'm familiar with Western North Carolina, which is what I suppose "WNC Mtns." means and there isn't to many fields that I would consider "long". Distances help others give relevant thoughts.....

As to the rest of the posts, I tend to think one needs experience hunting to give advice on hunting and if one hasn't killed much, they probably shouldn't be giving advice on what to use.... just a thought......
Just because I'm feeling ornery, for Big Stick to act like spanking a Booner on Prince of Wales island is some sort of accomplishment, especially for a RESIDENT fer Pete's sake, is high comedy indeed.

I invite y'all to do a little googling regarding success rates and trophy potential.

While we've got Stick here, maybe he'll brag a little on the deer he shot in the ass... on purpose... and no, not a trophy. What'd you call it, Stick? Oh yeah. A "rat".

What is up with these POW guys hunting in a frikkin' city zoo but acting like they are God's gift to the hunting world, anyway?!

*snork*
I know a guy around here who has fancy skulls like that rifle on his tough guy tricked out truck. In the bed he has his custom built motorcycle so he can impress you with twice the awesome at the same time. Don't think I've ever seen him ride it or it out of the truck bed. Even has a vanity plate with a cool guy word on it. He also has one of those weight vests he wears when walking his $10k GSD around the block. You should see the pair.

Has a banging hot wife. Sets the bar for as 'improved' as money can buy. She's not too bright, but she is really sweet and her low self esteem makes my skin crawl in a good way. A crap lay, according to one of my best friend who does it just to spite her husband. Fairly often since he's out of state on some expensive hunting trip where they setup your tripod and then do all the work. Us guys all grew up together, came through school and all that. She bangs my buddy because there isn't anyone that would piss her husband off more. Plus that low self esteem thing doesn't help.

Started reading this thread and was surprised at the similarities.

I like going out with guys slinging huge scopes on heavy rifles. Those days are great. Especially since I don't share my water. The look of heartbreak on their faces as I pull out yet another water bottle makes me tingle almost as much as being in the same room as that previously mentioned guy's wife.....
Originally Posted by BachelorJack
I know a guy around here who has fancy skulls like that rifle on his tough guy tricked out truck. In the bed he has his custom built motorcycle so he can impress you with twice the awesome at the same time. Don't think I've ever seen him ride it or it out of the truck bed. Even has a vanity plate with a cool guy word on it. He also has one of those weight vests he wears when walking his $10k GSD around the block. You should see the pair.

Has a banging hot wife. Sets the bar for as 'improved' as money can buy. She's not too bright, but she is really sweet and her low self esteem makes my skin crawl in a good way. A crap lay, according to one of my best friend who does it just to spite her husband. Fairly often since he's out of state on some expensive hunting trip where they setup your tripod and then do all the work. Us guys all grew up together, came through school and all that. She bangs my buddy because there isn't anyone that would piss her husband off more. Plus that low self esteem thing doesn't help.

Started reading this thread and was surprised at the similarities.

I like going out with guys slinging huge scopes on heavy rifles. Those days are great. Especially since I don't share my water. The look of heartbreak on their faces as I pull out yet another water bottle makes me tingle almost as much as being in the same room as that previously mentioned guy's wife.....

Too Funny and oh so true!
Just because I'm feeling ornery, for Big Stick to act like spanking a Booner on Prince of Wales island is some sort of accomplishment, especially for a RESIDENT fer Pete's sake, is high comedy indeed.

I invite y'all to do a little googling regarding success rates and trophy potential.

While we've got Stick here, maybe he'll brag a little on the deer he shot in the ass... on purpose... and no, not a trophy. What'd you call it, Stick? Oh yeah. A "rat".

What is up with these POW guys hunting in a frikkin' city zoo but acting like they are God's gift to the hunting world, anyway?!

*snork*

I find it absolutely fascinating that a hunter in the western US could bitch so much about sucking so bad, yet be in driving distance of Montana, Wyoming, Washington, Colorado, Nevada, NM, etc.. Dude, grow some balls. Put in for some tags, get drawn for some, jump in the rig and go hunting for crying out loud. Does that not fit into your victim agenda? [bleep], it takes me as much as $1000 to fly commercial to some parts of my state, and then as much as 3k to be transported to my hunting area.. All on a DIY hunt!

You are such a waste of bandwidth, it's not even funny anymore.

*snork*

You're feeling stupid...mainly because you most cerainly are and the depths of that plight rates well beyond "impressive" and upon all scales. None of which could be slighted in the least,nor by anyone.

Fire up your Google-Fu in conjunction with your Imagination and start citing "all" the B&C victims amassed so "easily",as per your wanton angst. Hell...I'd go so far as to cite all the Guides smacking them too,if only to reaffirm the relative "ease". It'll be [bleep] hilarious!

You are certainly The Queen of the Do-Nothing Dumbphuck's Window Licking Brigade and are perpetual Testimony,as to how stupidity is the gift that keeps on givin'. Tough to trump the hilarity associated of a Life spent "amassing" bottom rung results,frosted by the need of a co-signer,for a box of bullets. Would be groovin' on the size of the chart requisite,that could accurately depict that!

Some folks connect dots and ring bells,everywhere they go and others are feverishly coniving ways to become adept at formulating excuses,to mask their inherent sucktitude. If outright stupidity could be accurately calibrated,you'd most definately be amongst the top listings within The Book and by goodly margin.

It is the Injun not the arrow...but beware the best Injun,with the best arrows. Exceptional results routinely befall the astute,who spend the time to master crafts and have the physical prowess to employ same. Conversely,the befuddled who are mired in THEIR perpetual ineptitude,are always all too eager to point fingers so as to feebly lend "justification" to their incredible dumbphucktitude. 'Tis an unerring salient point,that them who bitch the most,have done the least. You are THE face of that "[bleep]" factoid and that is easily your greatest "accomplishment".

Congratulations?

Happy to see K-She here,as no Do-Nothin' Roundup is complete,less her whining voice,flowing tears and Ratitude.

You poor dumbphucks are well shy of the faculties,to fully process just how [bleep] amazingly stupid you are.

Though you gals do take comedy factored by oblivion,to amazingly high levels. Much looking forward to all the "reasons" you gals can concoct,which arranges why you soooooooooo reliably draw so many blanks. Feel free to get giddy about Dinks,skirt HOGs...if only so you can stay in familiar territory. To frost the cake in sublime humor,go to great lengths to distance YOUR results and preclude them in the fray...if only to save face.

Laffin'...................
I know a guy around here who has fancy skulls like that rifle on his tough guy tricked out truck...//...The look of heartbreak on their faces as I pull out yet another water bottle makes me tingle almost as much as being in the same room as that previously mentioned guy's wife.....

Good Lord, can you get any more jealous? You're positively green around the gills! laugh
BigStick,

You're a flat out Douche-bag!!!!

*snork*

Whoa Jeff_O! You hit a nerve with that one! LMMFAO!!!

*snork*

You're feeling stupid...mainly because you most cerainly are and the depths of that plight rates well beyond "impressive" and upon all scales. None of which could be slighted in the least,nor by anyone.

Fire up your Google-Fu in conjunction with your Imagination and start citing "all" the B&C victims amassed so "easily",as per your wanton angst. Hell...I'd go so far as to cite all the Guides smacking them too,if only to reaffirm the relative "ease". It'll be [bleep] hilarious!

You are certainly The Queen of the Do-Nothing Dumbphuck's Window Licking Brigade and are perpetual Testimony,as to how stupidity is the gift that keeps on givin'. Tough to trump the hilarity associated of a Life spent "amassing" bottom rung results,frosted by the need of a co-signer,for a box of bullets. Would be groovin' on the size of the chart requisite,that could accurately depict that!

Some folks connect dots and ring bells,everywhere they go and others are feverishly coniving ways to become adept at formulating excuses,to mask their inherent sucktitude. If outright stupidity could be accurately calibrated,you'd most definately be amongst the top listings within The Book and by goodly margin.

It is the Injun not the arrow...but beware the best Injun,with the best arrows. Exceptional results routinely befall the astute,who spend the time to master crafts and have the physical prowess to employ same. Conversely,the befuddled who are mired in THEIR perpetual ineptitude,are always all too eager to point fingers so as to feebly lend "justification" to their incredible dumbphucktitude. 'Tis an unerring salient point,that them who bitch the most,have done the least. You are THE face of that "[bleep]" factoid and that is easily your greatest "accomplishment".

Congratulations?

Happy to see K-She here,as no Do-Nothin' Roundup is complete,less her whining voice,flowing tears and Ratitude.

You poor dumbphucks are well shy of the faculties,to fully process just how [bleep] amazingly stupid you are.

Though you gals do take comedy factored by oblivion,to amazingly high levels...................

*snork*

You're like McGruber, rippin' throats... lol...

A quick google shows guide after guide bragging on 85-100% success rates. You are out there hooking a middle-school girl up with Booners. Deer? 6 tags, long season, got Calvin taking out a buddy and killing 3 meat bucks in an afternoon...and AK F&W was saying over 60% success rate per tag last I looked.

Kudos to you for living where the hunting is stupidly good but really dude, get off your "Booner" high horse. It's making you look silly. Congratulations,.......?

Now go drive your boat around and get out and shoot something in the ass with an Amax (how much meat did THAT cost you?!), would ya?

Oh- answer us this, since you avoided it once. If we take up a Campfire collection to cover the costs of getting you/him there, will you shoot with Burns either at his place or yours?

And finally, you can't TOUCH this, be-atch:

[Linked Image]
BigStick,

You're a flat out Douche-bag!!!!

Stick has to me the most infamous guy on the web. Really too bad. Before I knew any better I kinda envied Stick (AKA) NOBODY. I enjoy photography, hunting with fine rifles and steelhead fishing. The more I read his encryptic insult venom the less envious I became. On another forum he was roasted bad. Some gents who knew him well posted images and video of him and then I actually developed sorrow for the guy.

34K posts here
19K at As Real as it Gets
Tens of thousands of bosts combined between other sites.

At what point do you become a talker? Oh sure, he will probably post thirty years of pictures from lumberjacking to bears. Steehead and quality rilfles, but now I think he is bored and spews his venom. Exactly how many sites has he been banned from? Why Rick allows him here is a mystery. BS is a cancer. Take this thread for example. I don't know why guys engage him. BS is the reason we have an ignore function.

I believe [Linked Image]
wadevb1, you know how I know you're gay?

You saved a picture of a man with no pants on to your hard drive. Then in a blatant rule 4 violation, you shared your 'treasure' with all of us.

Reference Rule 4:
4. No homo posts. We might all be tolerant adults, but none of us want to see that [bleep].

I'm no detective but you didn't make it difficult either....
Something in that photo is prominent by it's absence... "Little Stick" perhaps a better handle? grin whistle
wadevb1, you know how I know you're gay?

You saved a picture of a man with no pants on to your hard drive. Then in a blatant rule 4 violation, you shared your 'treasure' with all of us.

Reference Rule 4:
4. No homo posts. We might all be tolerant adults, but none of us want to see that [bleep].

I'm no detective but you didn't make it difficult either....

BachelorJack,

Stop sending me PM's, I'm married and straight. I'm not meeting you. If you keep sending me pictures of your junk I'm going to the police. Trust me, the picture wasn't saved, but recently found.

Time for you to fine tune your GAYDAR...You are way off.

BachelorJack...BJ...Hmmm
To be clear, I'm not implying that Big Stick has NO penis.

I'm sure the little feller is tucked up there somewhere. Or maybe it's just cold.

I'm also not feeling ornery today so let me say that for self-esteem issues alone, I'm glad there's a place, like Prince of Wales island, where even he can succeed and feel like a real ass-shooting slob with no ethics hunter.

Funny Schitt..... Everybody beating a guy while his hands are tied behind his back...Pusssys.

Funny Schitt..... Everybody beating a guy while his hands are tied behind his back...Pusssys.

You wouldn't expect anything less from these children would you? It is all Big Sticks fault, none of these idiots let big Stick get the best of them. If they are going to put Big Stick on a one post a day they should add the rest of these children to the same rule. Oh wait of course its all Big Sticks fault! Right.
Lol.

Guys, first, it's all in fun- at least from me. I'm not a mean person.

Second, Stick is perhaps THE biggest purveyor of pissing matches. Ever. In the WORLD. smile

Finally, I could sit here tapping out posts against him for a very long time, and it'd be a drop in the bucket compared to what he's typed about me.

Besides- where IS his penis in that picture?! You have to admit, it's disturbing from a physiological point of view. Is it retractable? Detachable? crazy

I'm hoping tomorrow, when he gets to post again, he'll enlighten us as to the ethics of a "hunter"- in one of the most game-rich areas of America... with an enormous technological advantage on the quarry... food in the freezer, money in the bank, and an animal described as a "rat deer" (small buck)- shooting that deer in the ass on purpose. Personally, I don't give much thought to his windowlicker this and short bus that; it's just silly and funny. But I do give thought to such chitty hunting ethics. It's not silly, nor funny.
You forgot foul-hooking Steelheads. I was just on a Steelhead board, and to a person, the posters said that was looked down upon.

You wouldn't expect anything less from these children would you? It is all Big Sticks fault, none of these idiots let big Stick get the best of them. If they are going to put Big Stick on a one post a day they should add the rest of these children to the same rule. Oh wait of course its all Big Sticks fault! Right.

These guys are doing nothing worse than you and others did to John Burns and his business..you really are pathetic!
+1 Ackleyfan. They're both vying for President of the BS fanclub evidently.
Besides- where IS his penis in that picture?! You have to admit, it's disturbing from a physiological point of view. Is it retractable? Detachable? crazy

I'm hoping tomorrow, when he gets to post again, he'll enlighten us as to the ethics of a "hunter"- in one of the most game-rich areas of America... with an enormous technological advantage on the quarry... food in the freezer, money in the bank, and an animal described as a "rat deer" (small buck)- shooting that deer in the ass on purpose. Personally, I don't give much thought to his windowlicker this and short bus that; it's just silly and funny. But I do give thought to such chitty hunting ethics. It's not silly, nor funny.

Your infatuation with a mans penis speaks volumes of your true calling... sick

So most are jealous/hurt because he is able to go out and be/do what most sit in an office and dream about... Is that what I am getting from all the hate I see here...

Just curious...
Not what you're seeing from me 'guide. I do exactly what I want to do as long as I'm physically able and I have the $$$$ to do it. I'd love to have you guide me on an Elk hunt. I can handle the rigors of climbing and toting my rifle, but I don't have anything near the $$$$ it costs to hire you.

So most are jealous/hurt because he is able to go out and be/do what most sit in an office and dream about... Is that what I am getting from all the hate I see here...

Just curious...

It's more about how BS treats people than what he has done, remember the old saying "what comes around goes around" your just getting a glimpse of how it works
+1 Ackleyfan. They're both vying for President of the BS fanclub evidently.

I think your right, I just don't get it!
It's more about how BS treats people than what he has done, remember the old saying "what comes around goes around" your just getting a glimpse of how it works

We ALL learned it in Vacation Bible School and Sunday School: The Golden Rule - treat others as you would have them treat you. I take that literally, so I schit on him.

Ah I see... I've never had a problem with Stick on any forum over the last 4-5 years that I've been around him... I converse with him regularly via PM/E-mail and If'n I need to be called a dumbphuck whether in private or public I can can handle that and it works the same in reverse...

Just seems like a lot of delicate lil' flowers here...

elkhuntinguide,

elkhuntinguide

Check the rules.
Originally Posted by Ringman
elkhuntinguide,

elkhuntinguide

Check the rules.

And this means????
elkhuntinguide,

elkhuntinguide

Check the rules.

And this means????

Don't worry, you seem to be obeying the rules, only a few get away with not treating others with respect!

Just curious...

It's the LACK that's disturbing... oh never mind! grin

Dunno much about this "office" bidness. I have one, get to it about twice a month. Today I ran a chain saw all day, finished bringing in the firewood (always fun to go 4-lo in the truck), and sighted in my 7-08 with it's new scope.

I don't have a beef with BS. I laugh at the funny stuff, overlook the rest, and occasionally even learn something from the guy. And, like you, call him a dumphuck when he deserves it- which is fairly frequently, he can be a real idiot on Internet forums.

But hell, so can I! grin
Don't worry, you seem to be obeying the rules, only a few get away with not treating others with respect!

Wasn't worried, was just looking for a little clarification on the comment... I usually extend the same respect that is extended to me... Usually...

I appreciate the reply...
That's why my comment stated "Most"... If you don't fall in that category then good on you...

I've learned a lot of stuff from Stick... He is a plethora of information... A little rough around the edges but very knowledgeable and has ALWAYS helped me when I've asked...

He is rough on some but is usually spot on when it comes to slinging schit... At least from this screen... YMMV...

What's your take on shooting a deer in the ass on purpose?
Would not be my first choice of a shot...

I have seen individuals use it as a follow up shot when the first shot was not placed correctly and it was the only shot available as the animal was walking straight away into the timber...

I actually have recommended that shot (2nd or 3rd shot) twice as it fit the circumstances as described above... But as a first shot, never...

That's just me though... Other guides/hunters I have been around swear by it...

In the end (pun intended) if it brings a quick death and no suffering to the animal, and you are comfortable taking/placing the shot, then by all means lace the cherrio...

...no suffering to the animal...

Really?
I don't have a beef with BS.

Man, I can't believe I'm even commenting on this.

Jeff, it's obvious that you do have a beef with Big Stick, given the number of posts you devote to him. Just drop it.

A wise old man once said to me "if you ain't never shot a deer in the ass, you ain't tryin' hard enough."
You'll notice I said "if"... Lets not quote to ones advantage...

I don't like to see the animal suffer... YMMV...

Yep, my bad. I missed the BIG "If". I try not to quote to my advantage, I just don't like to have a whole post when I was only questioning one part of it. Again, my bad and I apologize.
Originally Posted by smokepoleMan
I can't believe I'm even commenting on this.

Jeff, it's obvious that you do have a beef with Big Stick, given the number of posts you devote to him. Just drop it.

A wise old man once said to me "if you ain't never shot a deer in the ass, you ain't tryin' hard enough."

I can't believe you posted what you did. Jeff gets a ration of schit from Little Stick every GD post. Every post. You watch tomorrow and see who catches the largest ration of schit from little larry; it'll either be me or Jeff. Are you gonna tell stick to back off and leave Jeff, or me, alone?
This schitt cracks me up to no end. Stick snagged me once or twice with his Internet treble hook in the past but I deemed it hilarious that I bit it to begin with. You guys are taking victimhood to a new level and at lightspeed. I prefer results to horseschitt and if you'd glean a few shards of learnin' from time to time you'd experience some.
Wow,

In all honesty I don't get why Lil Fish's need to piss in the pool.

I get why he wants to trash me, but what is the point of taking this thread into gutter?

Big Stick,

Go take some pictures and post them and cut this silly schit out.
if I shoot a deer in the chest and it comes out his ass, is it better than shooting it in the ass and having the bullet exit the chest. All have died.
I am sure that the last posts have some relationship to a Nightforce scope mount, but I don't think I have the inclination to sort through the thread to see how the subject got from there to here
I can't believe you posted what you did.

Why not? Are you saying JeffO doesn't have a beef with Big Stick? Am I wrong about that?

It's obvious that he does. So why deny it.

I know Big Stick gives him a ration, and he gives you a big dose too. I never said he didn't, now did I?

The thing is, he does it for his own amusement, and you guys play right into it.

Do you doubt that, even for a minute?

The amusement factor is high, even for casual observers.

Hint.
Originally Posted by smokepole

Why not? Are you saying JeffO doesn't have a beef with Big Stick? Am I wrong about that?

I know Big Stick gives him a ration, and he gives you a big dose too. I never said he didn't, now did I?

The thing is, he does it for his own amusement, and you guys play right into it.

Hint.

Neither of those two could see the forest for the trees!
Posted By: anh Re: Nightforce on a hunting rifle? - 06/17/11
You watch tomorrow and see who catches the largest ration of schit from little larry; it'll either be me or Jeff.

You are so put upon here, why do you stay?

Delicate little flower that you are you took great offense to my suggesting you wear a diving helmet during your park walks when I was trying only to help. I've seen you battle others in this thread over their reaction to those compensatory facade skulls you've painted on your rifle.

Why would you keep willing eating schit?
Originally Posted by anh
You are so put upon here, why do you stay?

Because I want to.

Originally Posted by anh
Delicate little flower that you are you took great offense to my suggesting you wear a diving helmet during your park walks when I was trying only to help.

Bullschit

Originally Posted by anh
I've seen you battle others in this thread over their reaction to those compensatory facade skulls you've painted on your rifle.

Oh, but my goodness, behold the flowery prose; what is the purpose? Perhaps to cover up the smell of the manure that gives life to your fairy verse. I'm sorry to say that it didn't work; it smells just like the rest of your posts; it smelleth like schit.

Originally Posted by anh
Why would you keep willing eating schit?

I don't.

Hint.

Hmmm...then I would expect you'll be telling stick to back off and go back to posting the pretty pictures everyone likes so much. If not, why not?
Originally Posted by bloodworks
if I shoot a deer in the chest and it comes out his ass, is it better than shooting it in the ass and having the bullet exit the chest. All have died.

In Stick's case it was an Amax from a 7wsm. Not a bullet- I think- that one expects end-to-end penetration on.

He shot it again as it lurched away.

Smokepole- I've shot a deer in the ass, so I guess I'm trying hard enough. It was a gawdawful mess. Not something I'd even consider doing on purpose. Stick's account was basically that he got tired of waiting for another angle, and wanted to impress someone with him, so he shot it in the ass. I have a problem with a self-proclaimed super-sportsman doing that.

As to a beef, well, we have history <grin>. But I'm really not carrying emotion with me here, at least not negative emotion. It amuses me to bonk him upside the head with what I perceive to be his folly, and I suspect the same is true for him.

It's just the Internet fellas... just the phookin' internet... grin...
Hmmm...then I would expect you'll be telling stick to back off and go back to posting the pretty pictures everyone likes so much. If not, why not?

What you'd expect me to do is not my concern.

As for "why not?," I'm pretty sure he wouldn't listen to me.

And besides, like I said, the amusement factor is sky high.
Stick's account was basically that he got tired of waiting for another angle, and wanted to impress someone with him, so he shot it in the ass. I have a problem with a self-proclaimed super-sportsman doing that.

Ah, I get it, you have a problem with him, just not a "beef."

Take your own advice. "It's just the internet, fellas."

Ah, I get it, you have a problem with him, just not a "beef."

Take your own advice. "It's just the internet, fellas."

:::Chuckle:::

What pray tell is the difference between a problem and a beef?

This is gonna be a doozy of an answer...

LOL
That would be my question also.

What you'd expect me to do is not my concern.

As for "why not?," I'm pretty sure he wouldn't listen to me.

And besides, like I said, the amusement factor is sky high.

Well, if what I expect is no concern of yours then I'm sure you won't be all that surprised or shocked when I disregard what you think I should or shouldn't do.
Well, I don't rightly recall asking you to justify your actions, or advising you on what it is you should or shouldn't do.

And it's not that I'd be surprised or shocked.

I just wouldn't give a flying f***.
That would be my question also.

Oh, I think I see; you observed that Jeff had a problem with stick and Jeff called it a beef. Is that about it?
No, you don't see, and that's not about it.

Go back and read it, and it'll become clear to you. Possibly.

Is that about it?
Yeah, that's about it.

Like a dream. It shoots Berger 210 VLDs and Barnes 200 grain LRXs into little holes at 100 yards and clover leafs 'em at 200.

Wait, what??? You need that scope (6-24x72) on a 12lb rifle chambered for 30-378AI with a bipod attached to shoot cloverleaf targets at 200 yards?

Are you cross-eyed?
Back to front or front to back. It makes little difference.

Then again up the ass is different than in the ass. A point I think a few are missing. Although if things are going South after the first shot, in the ass is where I would go given no other options. At that point it becomes finish what one started.
Originally Posted by DPhillips

Wait, what??? You need that scope (6-24x72) on a 12lb rifle chambered for 30-378AI with a bipod attached to shoot cloverleaf targets at 200 yards?

Are you cross-eyed?

Nope.
DPhillips,

Are you cross-eyed?

You are the perfect person for me to ask. I have been wondering something and maybe you can answer.

Why do you try to belittle folks who have nice stuff? Meybe your answer is the same as others would be.

Are you cross-eyed?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember him saying he built his rifle to please you.....grow up!
[quote=Ackleyfan]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember him saying he built his rifle to please you.....grow up! [/quote

Right on....!

Are you cross-eyed?

Nope.

Care to detail what groups are at distances you have such a rig for? Most anybody can cloverleaf 200 yd groups with a Leupy 4x on a featherweight factory rifle (take your pick). Much easier to carry, if in pursuit of anything but paper too... Hang around, you might learn a thing or two. Or not...
DPhillips,

Are you cross-eyed?

You are the perfect person for me to ask. I have been wondering something and maybe you can answer.

Why do you try to belittle folks who have nice stuff? Meybe your answer is the same as others would be.

I can't remember anytime that I have ever belittled anyone for having nice stuff. But, if they claim to be an expert on 200 yard targets with a 72mm objective and a 24x scope, something seems a bit obtuse, doesn't it?

I couldn't care what anyone shoots, but all the chest thumping of lugging such a rifle, chambered for such a cartridge, with such skills, well, let's say I'm less than amused. I wouldn't lug a 12 lb rifle anywhere for anything, and unless solely punching paper, I'd never consider a Hubble sized objective.

No, I ain't Stick, but Alaskans tend to actually use their firearms instead of dream of what they COULD be used for...

Are you cross-eyed?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember him saying he built his rifle to please you.....grow up!

Exactly right. But don't claim to know what works, when it is a handicap. I'll never build a rifle to suit anyone by myownself. But I try to not influence everyone to do the same, unless someone is being stupid or ridiculous, which might be a hint...
I can't remember anytime that I have ever belittled anyone for having nice stuff. But, if they claim to be an expert on 200 yard targets with a 72mm objective and a 24x scope, something seems a bit obtuse, doesn't it?

I never claimed to be an expert at shooting�ever.

I couldn't care what anyone shoots,

Then why�d you open your big mouth to begin with?

�but all the chest thumping of lugging such a rifle, chambered for such a cartridge, with such skills, well, let's say I'm less than amused.

I couldn�t care less, and I mean that, I could not care less that you aren�t amused; I don�t give a [bleep].

No, I ain't Stick, but Alaskans tend to actually use their firearms instead of dream of what they COULD be used for...

No, you ain�t stick, at least you have that going for you. I�ve noticed one common trait among most, not all, but most, of the Alaskans on this sight; most of you are keyboard bad azzes and mealy-mouthed azzholes. [bleep] off DPhilips.
Exactly right. But don't claim to know what works, when it is a handicap. I'll never build a rifle to suit anyone by myownself. But I try to not influence everyone to do the same, unless someone is being stupid or ridiculous, which might be a hint...

Find the post where I said anyone should build a rifle like mine. After you find that post, find the one where I said my rifle would put you at significant advantage hunting. Then find the post where I claimed to know what works.

Since I know you won�t ever find those posts why don�t you just STFU?
Care to detail what groups are at distances you have such a rig for? Most anybody can cloverleaf 200 yd groups with a Leupy 4x on a featherweight factory rifle (take your pick). Much easier to carry, if in pursuit of anything but paper too... Hang around, you might learn a thing or two. Or not...

Wish I could cloverleaf groups at 200yds with a featherweight and 4x leupie. I am going to hang around and learn me a thing or 2 grin grin
Care to detail what groups are at distances you have such a rig for?

Care to detail how any of that is your [bleep] business?

I never claimed to be an expert at shooting�ever.

I couldn't care what anyone shoots,

Then why�d you open you big mouth to begin with?

�but all the chest thumping of lugging such a rifle, chambered for such a cartridge, with such skills, well, let's say I'm less than amused.

I couldn�t care less, and I mean that, I could not care less that you aren�t amused; I don�t give a [bleep].

No, you ain�t stick, at least you have that going for you. I�ve noticed one common trait among most, not all, but most, of the Alaskans on this sight; most of you are keyboard bad azzes and mealy-mouthed azzholes. [bleep] off DPhilips.

haha, yeah, us Alaska are "keyboard" bad azzes, yet we happen to punch a few tags.

You've got nothin in the hunting dept.

And that affects you how...?

And that affects you how...?

It makes me view your opinion on any matter as worthless.
Because I'm not some Great White Hunter that invalidates my opinion on anything else?

Preposterous, that's an awful myopic view of the world. But it aligns nicely with someone who has kids at home, but will drop 4K in transportation fees just getting to his DIY hunting area.

Whoops...there goes little Johny's college fund!
Yup..
Back on ignore baldy. And, if you doubt, just try to PM.
Truth stings a little, eh?
Because I'm not some Great White Hunter that invalidates my opinion on anything else?

Preposterous, that's an awful myopic view of the world. But it aligns nicely with someone who has kids at home, but will drop 4K in transportation fees just getting to his DIY hunting area.

Nice edit, btw.
All the theory in the world cannot make up for real world results. Sad, ain't it?...
Magnumdood,

I will join you in the "ignore" feature. Only I am going with
DPhillips. This is the first thread I have noticed his posting and it will be the last of his I read.
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Wish I could cloverleaf groups at 200yds with a featherweight and 4x leupie.

Me too.
I can and if you like large cloverleafs I'll be glad to post a pic.
Hell, I can shoot alfalfa leafs if I want a picture.
6" groups are good enough for me @ 200 yards. smile

Jeez,
I always figured if I got sub MOA at 200 yds with my sub 7 lb. scoped rifles I was doing great!
Back to the drawing board for me.. blush

DPhillips.
Boy you Alaska guy's can sure shoot, eh!!
Maybe you can shed more light on your fwt. rifles and loads that will cloverleaf at 200 yds. with a Leupy 4X (consistently) for those of us who are still wondering in the wilderness..
THANKS !!!!
whistle
I see the resident Do-Nothin' Dumb [bleep] are continuing along nicely,with their Estrogen fueled Vagina Monologues and succinct reiterations of their Window Lickin' Chronicles.

Jeff-O is again caught cock-gawkin' in admiration and it'd be difficult to slight her taste in men. So let's toss her two cookies,beings she fancies herself as a cord collector too.

Here's 10 cords and a sunny delight meat treat,for her oglin' eyes.

[Linked Image]

Some context of her relative "prowess",never ain't not funny too...in any extrapolation. If a cord remains 1536 bd ft,I could only bring 65,104 of 'em to the discussion,as per my own hands. 'Course that's sandbagging a smidge and only figuring 5,000,000 bd ft per annum,for 20yrs and a total of 100,000,000 bds outright. No wonder she's fixated,from stem to stern. Laffin'.

I see it's much to her chagrin too,that my teenage daughter spends farrrrrrrrrrr more time Outdoors and connects farrrrrrrrrr more dots to boot. Weren't long ago that poor dumb Jeff-O was gonna Google "all" of the results that were soooooo "easily" amassed,but that ruse didn't bear any fruit either.

I say...let's bear fruit. And hey!...that ain't a Hubble! WTF???!

[Linked Image]

My bad...forgot ass-shots and admittedly,this is prolly my favorite of All Time.

[Linked Image]

Weren't my intent to disway Jeff-O from "telling" me about Cheerio pokes with boolits she's never even launched,at distances she cain't connect upon and upon specimens she cain't fathom. I remain ALL ears!

Now I see Magnum Douche P.I.(Poosy Itches),has fired her Imagination back up and is feelin' fishy. Works for me and exceptionally well. Cracks me the [bleep] up,that some dwaddling dolt who's never even seen a Steelhead,wishes to wax eloquent in their regard. THAT is comedy and yet remaining 100% par for her pathetic Course!

I'd reckon for starters and if only for more Window Lickin' context to the Do-Nothin' Gang's incredible dumbphucktitude,that she feels obliged to vaguely bolster comment elsewhere...by someone who's as stupid as she is. Birds of a feather do dumbphuck together. She couldn't even ID a Steelhead and dat's well beyond poignant,in it's inherent humor! Here's hopin' someone is quoting her elsewhere,if only to connect all the crossed-eyed dots and slobber fests of Mall Ninjas everywhere. With luck...they's all wearing 100lb lead laden vests,watching Bruce Lee Movies and regaling eachother with tales of the schit they've never done,because they couldn't do it. Then nodding their collective heads,that dat's COOL! Laffin'!

Let's toss another hook in her yap,even if it is boringly easy and the "fight" is wanting.

Steelheading is a finesse fishery and I am simply a Master(understatement). My favorite rod has over 1000 victims to it's credit and I roll it lovingly. Many are afeared of an 1141-S as a mainstay implement and are the sort who'd tool up in Fluff and fly an unscathed/unblooded 30-378 wearing glass fully in synch with their "knowledge","experience" and "results"...as unknowing inkling to their "abilities".

All of which is phunnier than [bleep]! It'd take you 100 lifetimes,to amass a full day of actual experience.

[Linked Image]

NOW let's talk snaggin' Salmonids and I'm again at ease in the mention of my being a Master('nother gross understatement). It never ain't not entertaining to highlight the particulars associated,if only to denote that there ain't much that goes on haphazardly.

First...the key is to cover lotsa water and that is realized with a lengthy tool(that'll horn Jeff-O and the rest of the prick lookers up,all over again). Beings I've more than a whole [bleep] bunch of gear to select from,I've zero qualm in makin' wellfounded recommendations fueled by 1000's of saltwater hours. Pass the STFR 1363S,as 11'4" of backbone,assuredly do not hurt production.

5/0 LazerSharps are where it's at and if you's wrapping shanks with lead,you's pissing up ropes. The "trick" is to fly a short length of lead upon say a 25lb Chameleon leader(I savvy that all particulars in regards to Hunting/Fishing equipment are Greek to you,but feel free to Google a clue) and to keep said lead straight. This will preclude hook flutter and greatly increase both penetrating power and the odds of burying more than a single barb. Gimme 30lb PP mainline,as a minimum and you'll prolly note my upsizing the barrel swivel in conjunction.

'Bout like this. Of course I'm poetry in motion and that too...is gross understatement.

[Linked Image]

I can't stop laughing at you clueless idiots crying aloud for sprinkles,as a salve to satiate your collective stupidity. The quicker you figure out to quit pointing fingers and savvy the merits associated with the "nuances" of firsthand Reality,the sooner you'll be weaned from the insatiable craving to wantonly lick panes.

The only people who think shooting is hard,is people who don't shoot. Beware the best Indian...with the best Arrows,though you'll sure as schit wanna be takin' notes in their presence. It never ain't difficult to distinguish who do and who don't and this is one of the most Epic don't-ingest Threads of ALL [bleep] time!

Couple few puns and it's a shame that they sail over sooooooo many pointy heads. Too bad that those who put pedal to metal,is Endangered Species.

[Linked Image]

I can only lead you stupid bastards to water and admittedly giggle,when you run away and don't drink...............

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...0Work%20And%20Play/20110605-DAD_5889.jpg[/img]

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

From Shakespeare's Hamlet, Act III, scene II. The phrase has come to mean that one can insist so passionately about something not being true that people suspect the opposite of what one is saying.
Lol.

You're the most insecure guy in the WORLD!

Besides you can't touch my dink from last year and you know it. grin

My blacktail buck wasn't so bad either. wink

You ever give your standard explanation for shooting that rat deer in the ass ("I are a lean mean killin' machine and I are going do what I WANT!")? I'm too bored with this to go look.

Talk atcha tomorrow,................. congratulations?
All the theory in the world cannot make up for real world results. Sad, ain't it?...

What theory are you referring to? (This should be good)
Originally Posted by KCBighorn

From Shakespeare's Hamlet, Act III, scene II. The phrase has come to mean that one can insist so passionately about something not being true that people suspect the opposite of what one is saying.

LMAO!! laugh
DPhilips,

From just the response here on the fire, you could make a good living hosting shooting schools, teaching hardened, experienced hunters how to shoot a true clover-leaf at 200 yards with a feather-weight rifle topped with a 4X scope.

Or, you could cut your losses and STFU.
That would leave you out since you don't hunt. You posting on a question concerning Hunting is akin to JO posting on, well anything.

Don't worry, Burns will be along soon to powder your butt tell you that you're special.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
That would leave you out since you don't hunt. You posting on a question concerning Hunting is akin to JO posting on, well anything.

Don't worry, Burns will be along soon to powder your butt tell you that you're special.

You and Calvin and the rest of the hunting-in-a-zoo-crowd can repeat that until you type those keys blank, and it still doesn't make it true. The absence of one variable doesn't make an outcome valid. I hunt. That's all you and the the happy bunch need to know and are going to get.
Compelling as usual. I've no doubts how much rifle hunting you do/did in Illanoise.
Compelling as usual. I've no doubts how much rifle hunting you do/did in Illanoise.

They don't allow rifle hunting in Illanausea. I love to turkey hunt. I never turkey hunted until I came to Illanausea. We're allowed to use shotguns only, shot size 4 - 7. Last Spring my daughter got one and so did I. I'm not a great turkey hunter; that was the third bird I've killed in 8 years. Several seasons I didn't hunt, and a couple of seasons I just didn't get a shot. But I love it anyway.

Ahhh.. fashion..I see those skulls on your daughters shirt (where they belong).

Not on some dumb [bleep] fashion rifle.

You and Calvin and the rest of the hunting-in-a-zoo-crowd can repeat that until you type those keys blank, and it still doesn't make it true. The absence of one variable doesn't make an outcome valid. I hunt. That's all you and the the happy bunch need to know and are going to get.

3 turkeys in 8 years with a shotgun? You live in IL and no wall hanger of a deer to post? Something ain't right. I would list IL as a state that for nice deer would be hunting in a zoo! Maybe you need to reach out to 300yards for that wall hanger?
The best part of my post above is that Magnum PI has me on ignore! So he won't be responding to my post, doesn't get much better then that.
I prefer to turkey hunt. I enjoy it more, and I have to parcel out my time accordingly. I don't have the time to do both, so I do the one I enjoy - turkey hunting. Yeah 3 in 8 years. I never claimed to be a good turkey hunter. I am getting better though. I really don't enjoy deer hunting that much. We've killed deer since we've been here, and the sausage and sausage sticks are tasty treats, except for the year the guy who processed our deer mixed some old boar meat in with the deer sausage and beef sticks. That schit stunk the house up just cooking it. I have a large smoker on a trailer and I can make tenderloin and prime rib that'll turn you away from venison. My crew prefers beef to venison, and they also really like the wild turkey. I don't trophy hunt, so I don't see the point in killing any more deer then letting it go bad in the freezer, especially when I don't like deer hunting near as much as I like turkey hunting.
So much for the ignore! I'll eat deer, elk, & moose all day long. You can keep the beef with all its medication and steriods in it. Plus doesn't cost me much to fill the freezer and I actually enjoy hunting.
Hey, it's more for you!

The pearl of the day right there.
So much for the ignore! I'll eat deer, elk, & moose all day long. You can keep the beef with all its medication and steriods in it. Plus doesn't cost me much to fill the freezer and I actually enjoy hunting.

I can agree with all that! Plus one. Love venison, it's the only red meat I feed my family.
Burble burble gulp smack buuurp

Lol........... Damn, were you such a whiner prior to POW? you guys are the Sandy Vag Drama Brigade.

You so sure I can't do anything, if you are in the locale let's have a "hitting chit" contest... sporter-weight hunting rifles, real conditions... Stick has the same standing invitation... I'll bet good money I can hang right with you whiny be-atches. wink

The pearl of the day right there.

I didn't even read what the little bastard wrote. He is laboring under a life sentence after all - he's only 5'4". I can't claim that; RDFinn wrote that, and it makes more sense for why he behaves as he does than anything else. Small man syndrome.
You all got me on this one!I really thought this was about NF scopes. Lightman
lightman,

This thread is a reason why I asked the question about obnoxious optics sites. I don't understand this type of thing.
The best part of my post above is that Magnum PI has me on ignore! So he won't be responding to my post, doesn't get much better then that.

I see the pot calling the kettle black is back at it...simply amazing!
Ya know J.G., the person I want most to meet, face to face, is Steelhead. I really look forward to that day. I can feel it; God is going to put the two of us in very close proximity (within kicking distance) in the next year. I wonder what he'll have to say then?
Not taking sides but judging by his posts probly not anything different than what he says here......
Originally Posted by podunkkennels
Not taking sides but judging by his posts probly not anything different than what he says here......

Think so? One can only hope...
Holy [bleep] schit,you whiners have whining down to a [bleep] SCIENCE!

My ears ain't the best,but did I hear Jeff-O talkin' about shooting and now the addled wannabe do-nothing dilldoe is fancying herself as an Odds Maker and actin' like she has a dollar?!!? I swear there's no end to the collective stupidity of the Do-Nothing Gang!

Your Do-Nothin' Roundup Ruckus,rather reminds me of these scenes from this morning...MUCH noise,much commotion,much fluff and a whole lotta nothing but watching someone else bear fruit.

Hell...even that pun will sail over pointy heads and freshly tasted panes.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Points to Magnum Douche P.I.(Poosy Itches) for hangin' a picture of her useless rifle,that's never even been pointed at hair and her "incredible" run of drumsticks every 3yrs or so,via scattergun!

Jeezus you dumb bastards is entertainin'!.................

You heard right. The offer stands.

Nice pics!
Stick,

Trying to learn at least one thing from this thread. How close is that Bear from being a toad. See a lot of azz, block head, ear spread and thick legs. Belly seems a little high off the ground. However, how would you grade him?

I would say he is close if not far away from being considered big.

Great pic of the Musk Ox.
Humorous how some here revel in the thought of visiting physical harm upon another member.

That IS TRULY a pathetic response and a clear manifestation of a serious inferiority complex.

People call me names so I want to beat them up!
4th grade or 5th?
Holy [bleep] schit,you whiners have whining down to a [bleep] SCIENCE!

My ears ain't the best,but did I hear Jeff-O talkin' about shooting and now the addled wannabe do-nothing dilldoe is fancying herself as an Odds Maker and actin' like she has a dollar?!!? I swear there's no end to the collective stupidity of the Do-Nothing Gang!

Your Do-Nothin' Roundup Ruckus,rather reminds me of these scenes from this morning...MUCH noise,much commotion,much fluff and a whole lotta nothing but watching someone else bear fruit.

Hell...even that pun will sail over pointy heads and freshly tasted panes.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Points to Magnum Douche P.I.(Poosy Itches) for hangin' a picture of her useless rifle,that's never even been pointed at hair and her "incredible" run of drumsticks every 3yrs or so,via scattergun!

Jeezus you dumb bastards is entertainin'!.................

Can't you say anthing with out your sex toy references, your mouth seems to be getting pretty filthy lately, show a lttle respect for the owner and the real members of this site!
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Humorous how some here revel in the thought of visiting physical harm upon another member.

That IS TRULY a pathetic response and a clear manifestation of a serious inferiority complex.

4th grade or 5th?

You mean me? No, I'm offering to let the gentleman have some of my money... if he can back up his shooting bragging. It's been a standing offer for a year or so now.

I bear no malice towards Stick; under the rules of the game he seems addicted to playing, it's fair enough to tell him he's being a dumbphuck, when he's being a dumbphuck. So I do, when he is. smile

4th grade or 5th?

I seldom disagree with you, but this time I respectfully do....sometimes a good ass whippin' is the best way to handle things, IMO.
Posted By: SLM Re: Nightforce on a hunting rifle? - 06/20/11
It has worked for years.

4th grade or 5th?

You mean me? No, I'm offering to let the gentleman have some of my money... if he can back up his shooting bragging. It's been a standing offer for a year or so now.

I bear no malice towards Stick; under the rules of the game he seems addicted to playing, it's fair enough to tell him he's being a dumbphuck, when he's being a dumbphuck. So I do, when he is. smile

No, I was referring specifically to Magnumdood and his stated wish to get near Steely to teach him a thing or two

4th grade or 5th?

I seldom disagree with you, but this time I respectfully do....sometimes a good ass whippin' is the best way to handle things, IMO.

But over what someone says on an internet forum?
Ah, my bad, sorry!

Agreed that the threats of violence are... I dunno, not for me, let's put it that way. But be advised that Steelhead has been known to PM things to people that are WAY out of line. I've got a doozy in my PM box that I bet would incite many here to violence, or threats thereof. So anyway, just saying, SH crosses some lines I've not seen anyone, ever, cross. Enough said.
Ah, my bad, sorry!

Agreed that the threats of violence are... I dunno, not for me, let's put it that way. But be advised that Steelhead has been known to PM things to people that are WAY out of line. I've got a doozy in my PM box that I bet would incite many here to violence, or threats thereof. So anyway, just saying, SH crosses some lines I've not seen anyone, ever, cross. Enough said.

Want cheese with that whine?

I'd trust Scott my life, my wife, or my daughter. You, I'd not trust with yesterday's stale beer.
No, I was referring specifically to Magnumdood and his stated wish to get near Steely to teach him a thing or two

Not that it's any of your GD business, but I wanted to be face-to-face with Schithead to see if he'd sing the same tune he sings on here. His smart-azz mouth would determine how things went from there.

Sadly, I won't go face-to-face with Little Dick because he can't; it'd be more of a dick-to-face, and I don't want my genitals anywhere near that little [bleep]'s mouth.

Not that it's any of your GD business, but I wanted to be face-to-face with Steelhead to see if he'd sing the same tune he sings on here. His smart-azz mouth would determine how things went from there.

Sadly, I won't go face-to-face with Little Dick because he can't; it'd be more of a dick-to-face, and I don't want my genitals anywhere near that little [bleep]'s mouth.

Wow..wanting to fight a man over words?

Not that it's any of your GD business, but I wanted to be face-to-face with Steelhead to see if he'd sing the same tune he sings on here. His smart-azz mouth would determine how things went from there.

Wow..wanting to fight a man over words?

Words on the internet no less!!
Utterly pathetic huh?
Has anybody ever seen a picture of magnumdood or met him in person?
No, but they have seen his 72mm hubble telescope...

Why? You want to chat also?

Why? You want to chat also?

Wow, an internet commando. haha

Post up a pic of yourself, with your badazz guns.

haha.. Careful now... dude will kick your butt! hahahahahhahahhaaha
Nope. Not a chance.

His $4000 Hubble!
How old are you dood?
I've posted that numerous times. Find it yourself.
Did you recently have a family member graduate?

Quick google search showed this... Don't know if its him or not...

[Linked Image]
Interesting...
Interesting...

Yes...

It is...
Can't see what difference age or a photo would make when I just want to chat. I want to determine if you (insert your name) would be as abusive in person as you are on the board. Physically I'm not impressive at all, and I'm 51.
Is it going to be harder for you to be an internet tough guy now that your pic is online?
Show me my pic.
Is it going to be harder for you to be an internet tough guy now that your pic is online?

That would work out even better. No one would worry a bit about meeting me to chat over a cup of coffee about your abusive attitudes.

You should be careful about judging how able a person is to take care of themselves based on pictures, or even an in person observation. One of the most dangerous people I have ever known, Shigura Takada, was one of my former instructors when I was in Texas. He was 5'2", and he dressed like a nerd, he wore big glasses, he had a pocket protector with lots of pens and pencils in it in his shirt pocket, he wore his hair in a shaggy black cut and he always wore loose clothes. He was a 5th degree black belt. As a demonstration for prospective students, he would do a flying side kick over two people who lined up side by side on their hand and knees. After clearing the two people he would then kick and break three 2x6s that were 18" long. It took four people to hold the boards; one corner for each and two hands on top and bottom. If you were the type to bully people, he would stand out as a perfect target.
Did you ever study Rex-Kwan-Do?..
Magnumdood as Kip! laugh laugh laugh

TFF
No, GreatWapoopoo, but I thought Napoleon Dynamite was a funny movie.
His hands are registered with the FBI as deadly weapons.

TFF

Kip would've kicked Magnumdooche's azz!...

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80500613/

TFF

Sure, why not?

That the best ya got?

TFF

Kip would've kicked Magnumdooche's azz!...

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80500613/

Probably so.
I wanna see his LaFawnduh!

That the best ya got?

Sorry, but I'm having trouble taking you seriously.

Can you please put me back on ignore? Thanks!
If you can find her pic I'll verify it. I'll give you a clue; my LaFawnduh is Caucasian.

That the best ya got?

Sorry, but I'm having trouble taking you seriously.

Can you please put me back on ignore? Thanks!

Ohh, trust me, the feeling is mutual.

You should be careful about judging how able a person is to take care of themselves based on pictures, or even an in person observation. One of the most dangerous people I have ever known, Shigura Takada, was one of my former instructors when I was in Texas. He was 5'2", and he dressed like a nerd, he wore big glasses, he had a pocket protector with lots of pens and pencils in it in his shirt pocket, he wore his hair in a shaggy black cut and he always wore loose clothes. He was a 5th degree black belt. As a demonstration for prospective students, he would do a flying side kick over two people who lined up side by side on their hand and knees. After clearing the two people he would then kick and break three 2x6s that were 18" long. It took four people to hold the boards; one corner for each and two hands on top and bottom. If you were the type to bully people, he would stand out as a perfect target.

Quoted for awesomeness.
I am pretty sure that Shigura Takada was proclaimed an eleventyth degree super-black belt after he kicked Chuck Norris's ass while wearing a weighted vest.
Originally Posted by Backroads
Quoted for awesomeness.
I am pretty sure that Shigura Takada was proclaimed an eleventyth degree super-black belt after he kicked Chuck Norris's ass while wearing a weighted vest.

Quoted for stupidity.
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Ah, my bad, sorry!

Want cheese with that whine?

I'd trust Scott my life, my wife, or my daughter. You, I'd not trust with yesterday's stale beer.

Ask me if I care.

SH has a backstory some don't know of. Is he witty-? Sure. Frikkin' good at the incisive one-liner-? Yep.

But the SOB goes back-channel and PM's some chit, and you know it. You saw what he sent Blair. I know what he sent me.

So, people wanting to "meet" him is not necessarily them being unreasonable. From what little I know about you, I suspect you'd harbor a grudge if someone PM'd you something vile about your wife. But, maybe you aren't wired like that. <shrug>

In the end, it's just words on a screen and I ain't getting horned up over it.
I remember the first few UFC's when UFC was new on the scene....all these 5th, 6th, 7th, etc. degree black belts in every discipline stepping into the octagon....only to get their ass whipped by a brawler...about the funniest damn thing I've ever seen.
You must have forgotten about the Gracie clan for the past 25 years.
Those 5th, 6th and 7th degree black belts, that want to compete, are now training in MMA. They're not getting their asses beat by brawlers any longer. A brawler would last as long as it took the ref to run over and pull the MMA fighter off of the beer-joint hero before what few brain cells he had left oozed out of his ears.

Remind me when the last time a Gracie won a UFC fight!
Got his arse kicked by Hughs
Go back and read how I stated "discipline" not "disciplines".....it became readily apparent that black belts in any ONE discipline meant jack shi! in the ring....those board breaking SOB's didn't amount to squat in the ring.
Yes Sir

Remind me when the last time a Gracie won a UFC fight!

Remind me of a family that's won more fights, period. I'm mainly referring to the early years, like he was.
Yes but would he use a Nightforce on a.......never mind.
Lots of those guys look really good with all their athletic moves until they get punched in the face for the first time in their lives.
Remind me when the last Gracie was in a UFC event? Oh and again remind me when one has won!

Sure they had a good run in the beginnings of the sport, there was no where near the numbers of talanted fighters there are now. Bottomline is Gracie Jujitsu isn't feared by anyone any more.
Lots of those guys look really good with all their athletic moves until they get punched in the face for the first time in their lives.

I'm the first one to agree with you guys on all that. The statement I referred to was itself referring to the early days of UFC, or at least that's the way I read it. That's why I said what I said about the Gracie's. That's all there is to it from my limited perspective. I personally could give a ratsazz if UFC even existed.
It's what the NASCAR guys watch in the off season........... grin
Originally Posted by Dreamin
Go back and read how I stated "discipline" not "disciplines".....it became readily apparent that black belts in any ONE discipline meant jack shi! in the ring....those board breaking SOB's didn't amount to squat in the ring.

I take it you aren't a martial artist of any kind.
Don't get me started on NASCAR. Those wussies really need to learn how to fight. And people have the nerve to call those drivers athletes?
Bout as exciting as watching a chess match.

I'm the first one to agree with you guys on all that. The statement I referred to was itself referring to the early days of UFC, or at least that's the way I read it. That's why I said what I said about the Gracie's. That's all there is to it from my limited perspective. I personally could give a ratsazz if UFC even existed.

JG, you are correct and the Gracie's did slip my mind.....my point was that a lot of black belts in a lot of disciplines had a rude awakening when it came down to the real thing and no amount of board breaking saved them from an ass whoopin....so, while I agree with Magnum about not letting the looks of someone lull you into thinking they are a pushover, they better be able to do more then break a few boards and give a round house kick to the face if'n they think since their belt is black the world is their punching bag.

oh and, no Nightforce or belts here.
Right on Dreamin'. I personally don't know enough about it to have even offered a reply if we're being brutally honest. Didn't mean to derail your point.
Ya know J.G., the person I want most to meet, face to face, is Steelhead. I really look forward to that day. I can feel it; God is going to put the two of us in very close proximity (within kicking distance) in the next year. I wonder what he'll have to say then?

Is daddy paying for that trip too?
[Linked Image]
The amount of training, and athletic ability needed to break three 2x6x18 long boards after jumping 8 to 10 feet is phenomenal. The first time I broke two boards I didn't even feel the boards as they broke. Lately, I train MMA style fighting because the vast majority of martial arts disciplines don't teach any grappling. I know from repeated experience that 90% of fights end up with the combatants rolling around on the ground. That gets tiring really fast. If you were ever a wrestler, you know how tiring that kind oof fighting is. The guy that is training me is Vincent Fields. Google him; he's about 6'4", goes about 275 right now. He won the amateur MMA heavy weight world championship 5 or 6 years ago. Vinne is the real deal. I've never felt so helpless at the hands of someone else ever. But I'm learning grappling techniques to make an opponent in the ring tap out. The techniques work just as well on the street (unless you've got someone really jacked up on a substance).
Ya know J.G., the person I want most to meet, face to face, is Schithead. I really look forward to that day. I can feel it; God is going to put the two of us in very close proximity (within kicking distance) in the next year. I wonder what he'll have to say then?

No, my Dad is in an Alzheimer�s ward of a nursing home now, and my mom had to go into assisted living, so now I help them with $$$$. You really are a worthless piece of schit.
A shotgun is very effective and you don't get all bloody unless you are standing too close.
Yeah, John, I agree, but that's only an option if you want to murder someone. I don't want to kill anyone. I don't even really want to hurt anyone. Heck, I could end up being the one who gets hurt. That's no good. Thanks for the help though! Its always appreciated.
The shotgun keeps you from getting hurt. A drive by is even better. wink
Yeah, I see your logic John; I wouldn't have to fire a shot and no one would get hurt. But, I would still be breaking the law. In Texas it's a felony to threaten someone with a deadly weapon. It's also a crime to brandish a firearm in a threatening manner. With the current crop of young assistant couty attorneys, they would probably prosecute me for brandishing if I were just holding the firearm in a rested position on my arms, or on my shoulder. No, if I'm going to get a felony rap it'll be for something that accomplishes something.

I'm not sure about the drive by reference.
It's only a felony if you get caught.

My brother has an autistic son. You want to make fun of my nephew now?
Nope, but it looks like a swinger's date is working out between you and someone in Louisiana, congrats?
The amount of training, and athletic ability needed to break three 2x6x18 long boards after jumping 8 to 10 feet is phenomenal. The first time I broke two boards I didn't even feel the boards as they broke. Lately, I train MMA style fighting because the vast majority of martial arts disciplines don't teach any grappling. I know from repeated experience that 90% of fights end up with the combatants rolling around on the ground. That gets tiring really fast. If you were ever a wrestler, you know how tiring that kind oof fighting is. The guy that is training me is Vincent Fields. Google him; he's about 6'4", goes about 275 right now. He won the amateur MMA heavy weight world championship 5 or 6 years ago. Vinne is the real deal. I've never felt so helpless at the hands of someone else ever. But I'm learning grappling techniques to make an opponent in the ring tap out. The techniques work just as well on the street (unless you've got someone really jacked up on a substance).

Do you know why you didn't feel those boards breaking?
Because it only happened in your head. Like most everything you have posted in this thread.
Google "Internet Badass", You might find some more ideas or MMA instructors to post about.
Originally Posted by Backroads
Do you know why you didn't feel those boards breaking?
Because it only happened in your head. Like most everything you have posted in this thread.
Google "Internet Badass", You might find some more ideas or MMA instructors to post about.

Nice try.

Guess again later.

Am I the only one who finds this reminiscent of Lee24?

For instance:

Originally Posted by Lee24
All of the modern forms of heavy training follow some sort of routine which allows recovery. Training six days a week, as the Americans and Soviet lifters used to, was only for the most conditioned athletes. Those who tried to copy these routines could not. These routines broke down so much muscle that anabolic steroids were more beneficial to the athletes.

Shorter routines, such Bob Gadjda's circuit training, and later, the Bulgarian routines, do not put so much stress on the muscles.

All the routines require some use of light weights to warm up properly, even after stretching.

The best results in quickly adding strength or muscle mass I found to be 4 day routines, M T Th F, with W S S off. On Mondays and Thursdays do the pushing exercises, Tuesday and Friday the pulling. A variation would be to do lower body one day, upper the next. Bill McCallum and Bill Pearl worked out some great exercise choices and set/reps (usual 5x5) for this regimen.

Idea stolen from exbiologist...

[Linked Image]
Hey, MikeNZ, it's clear you know less than even the posters before you, and I thought that would be impossible. But here's something you can play with: I was on the Texas A&M Powerlifting Team that won the 1983 Collegiate National Powerlifting Championship. I lifted in the 220 - 242 class. If you don't believe it put your money where your mouth is. Get some of your buddies that love knocking the accomplishments of others. If the money contested gets high enough (at least $1500.00) I'll provide proof. We've got several attorneys on the board that can easily establish the validity of any affidavits that would accompany names, photos and proof of my participation.
Haha, this is getting good!

$1500 is a drop in the bucket to a guy that spends $4000.00 in transportation fees to just get to where he can then say it was a Do-It-Yourself hunt (after the aircraft and other modes of modern transport got him there). You want to pony up the cash? Be awful glad to provide incontrovertible proof if the cash is there.
You are right, $1500 is a drop in the bucket. But, I'm not really interested in your Al Bundy-ish claims. Nobody really cares dood..
Translation: I surrender! grin
You are right, $1500 is a drop in the bucket. But, I'm not really interested in your Al Bundy-ish claims. Nobody really cares dood..

Married with Children was one of my favorite shows, but, if no one cares why are you posting on the thread?

Go on about your business. I'm only interested in cash.

Jeff, wtf are you talking about?
A little behind on the rent payments to the trailer park?

That's petty even for you. Of course, that too can be disproved for the proper amount of cash.
What's with you and your hand being out? Too funny!

Where is my hand being out?

If the money contested gets high enough (at least $1500.00) I'll provide proof.

Of course, that too can be disproved for the proper amount of cash.[/quote]
Try again Calvin. One would think you could put a simple post together, then explain wtf you were trying to say. Maybe you can't. That wouldn't surprise me.

Calvin was surrendering, having had his point of attack stymied... grin...
You really are a bit dense aren't you MD?

First you're going to go all Rex-Kwan-Do on Steely while proclaiming you just wanted to chat with him and now you're begging for money and acting like you aren't.

Sell the Hensoldt and you'll have a little walking around money without asking folks at the Fire to pony up.

Are you smoking crack? (probably)

You expect campfire members to pony up money every time a blowhard issues a "challenge"?

You really are stupid.
Quite a list of posts for someone who isn�t interested.

Are you smoking crack? (probably)

You expect campfire members to pony up money every time a blowhard issues a "challenge"?

You really are stupid.

You guys are having some really challenging reading comprehension problems. Let's see if I can help the remedial windowlickers understand what has transpired so far. MikeNZ claims I have to have someone make up a work out that I can then claim as my own. Then he posts something Lee24 posted at some time or another on the board with a cute little comment insinuating that Lee24's claim of that knowledge and my claim of working out are similar; the insinuation is my reference to the martial arts and working out are fiction. Well, Lee24 and that mystical rifle he could never produce, but was offered money to produce, pretty much shot his credibility forever. However, I don�t know where Lee24 got the information MikeNZ dug up, but its good information. MikeNZ wanted to draw a parallel between Lee24 and me to insure no one takes me at my word, so I provide my Bona Fides. Of course, the bad-comb-over Calvin was the first on the scene to heckle and claim he wasn�t interested, all the while posting 5 posts. My Bona Fides stand as they are written; I was part of a national championship power lifting team. I know how to lift weights; I know what works and what doesn�t. I still lift weights. The purpose of the money is, if you want to really call me a liar, you�re going to have to pay for the privilege of finding out you�re wrong; like Calvin's stupid trailer comment. I don�t care if you never pony up a nickel, but if I�m willing to put MY money on the line, dollar for dollar, and I am, then you chickenschit naysayers who call me a liar should have the balls to put YOUR money up. Afterall, you were ready and willing to pay Lee24 if he produced the rifle he continually talked about. If you're not willing to BET me, well, then your really should just STFU.
Tic toc, tic toc professor.....

Nope, but it looks like a swinger's date is working out between you and someone in Louisiana, congrats?

You're in Louisiana too...

Don't involve me in these love spats. Take some time off, get a little counseling and you boys will work things out.

I weren't the one bonding with Jack Lalanne.
LOL.

Weren't bonding. When someoene is training to break boards with their head as a means of self defense, I simply saw an opportunity to explain there are more effective and less painful methods.
Posted By: TC1 WOW - 06/21/11
It's the 1st day of summer. Who would have ever guessed it. grin
Posted By: Rogue Re: WOW - 06/21/11
This is by far the best thread in years. Outstanding.
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: WOW - 06/21/11
It really is entertaining.
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter Re: WOW - 06/21/11
Entertaining to say the least. Magnum PI the only lifting you do now is a burger and beer to that big mouth of yours. You may very well have power lifted in the past, But this is the present and and the past was a long time ago.

Also Magnum PI it doesn't matter who you get instruction from or train with. You are out of shape other then the fact that round is a shape. I will tell you what, you always like to get people to meet face to face for a challenge. Come to CT with your trailer park rent money and I will take you up on your challenge. We can do both power lift and fight, I will let you pick the order in which we do it. How about Bench (no shirt), Dead lift, and squats? For the octagan we'll do three 5 minute rounds. What say you Mr. big money and bigger mouth?
Posted By: SpencerSS Re: WOW - 06/21/11
I got deleted. I guess from not posting in a year or two.

Good to be back. I missed to absolute [bleep]. Well I'll jump right back in.
Posted By: Calvin Re: WOW - 06/21/11
What is a chapter 13?
Hey, somebody tell me again how tough they are...
I promise I impress easy.
Posted By: podunk Re: WOW - 06/21/11
Im so tough I can open a jar of pickles z............

If Miss Podunk doesn't put the lid on too tight....
I admit it... I'm pretty much impressed by your show of raw power. Thinking there might be some pro wrestling on tv tonight.
You don't happen to have a TapOut tattoo on you ankle?
Nah, too homo-erotic for me...... except when the broads worthy of the sniper rifle thread come out.. grin
I can see Magnum PI wearing a TapOut shirt three sizes too small!
I enjoy MMA fighting but the moronss that wear tap out shirts that look like they're vaccuum packed on really pizz me off...
Can't wait 'till I actually see some doushe' with huge TapOut on his chest showing through his rex kwon do gee. Then I'll truely be impressed.
Yes Sir and they are the biggest Puzzies ever. I crack up everytime I see them. My wife gets mad at me when I start laughing at them.
When something is popular. I don't wear tapout or any MMA related gear, and I actually fight.
We need lee back talking about his kettle balls.
Miss Podunk gets so embarrassed, if one of em eyes her I usually give em the Clint Eastwood stare for a minute....... then bust out laughin when they look away..... if you're gonna eye my woman at least have the stones to look me in the eye.
Speaking of that...

SHOT 2010:
[Linked Image]
Nice, Matt's a class act.
There's an athlete with class.... except for that damn Browning shirt..... grin
Hey! Browning has some nice clothes!
Just chitty rifles...... grin
Posted By: 300MAG Re: WOW - 06/21/11
But does Matt use a NightForce on his hunting rifle????
Try to not all get beaten up. I'm out, hitting the rack.

Mike

Would you tell Matt Hughes his scope was gay if he did?
Posted By: 300MAG Re: WOW - 06/21/11
I happen to like NightForce scopes!!!
Lol..... sorry, thought you were in the other camp..... grin
I would tell him his gear is gay if it were. If the truth hurts fix it. I have used one NF scope it was good but not as good as what they thought it was.
Back to the original topic. Nightforce makes it's mark for durability, 'good glass', and turret repeatability. People have been arguing swaro, which makes good optics, but shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Nightforce if you're talking dialing elevation, or if you'll be beating the chit out of it.
I agree, where's the shame in getting judo pretzel azz-whooped by an ex MMA champ? Though I doubt Matt Hughes would even worry about somebody calling his scope gay.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: WOW - 06/21/11
This thread really did go to schitttt, even lately without Big Stick's help.
Somebody had to derail this turd.....
Posted By: GeorgeS3 Re: WOW - 06/21/11
I believe that this is absolutely the funniest schitt I have ever read on the internet........
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: WOW - 06/21/11
Originally Posted by GeorgeS3
I believe that this is absolutely the funniest schitt I have ever read on the internet........

You need the "gold coin" thread... and the "baboon-ass" thread.
Posted By: ingwe Re: WOW - 06/21/11
Gotta admit...theres usually not much funny schitt on the Optics Forum...
Posted By: Big Stick Re: WOW - 06/21/11
All you gotta do,is allow the Window Lickin' Do-Nothin' Gang the bandwidth...to remove all [bleep] doubts in their regard and set back and watch the show. Dumbphucktitude takes little cajoling to initiate,as stupidity is the gift that keeps on givin'.

When I said "Epic",I didn't mean mebbe.................(grin)
That was awful short and sweet 'Stick..... and no pics..... you feelin ok?
Posted By: 65BR Re: WOW - 06/22/11
I was hoping to learn about Nightforce, not Delta Force wink

I googled Shigura Takada and found a Shigeru Takada. [bleep]-Ryu.

My dan is in Shotokan under the JKA and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takayuki_Mikami

Anyone else do Shotokan?

Board breaking: A feat that seems as impressive for those who have to hold them tight enough so they can break. I was in a group of 6 people holding either 6 or 7 boards all together, while one of my clubs black belts did a side thrust kick and broke them all. Impressive strong kick, we all had to be rigid holding them.

That was done for an exhibition at a local mall, though it was never customary to break any boards for training or testing.

Martial arts is a interesting topic.

Back to optics anyone? smile
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: WOW - 06/22/11
Posted By: 65BR Re: WOW - 06/22/11
No doubt 'ancient' martial arts were done when swords were the weapons of the day smile I'd never bet against a 1911 smile
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter Re: WOW - 06/22/11
Magnum PI you post like crazy till you get called out, then you are a no show. But yet you and your three friends talk crap about Big Stick not taking up a challenge. Or maybe you are just too busy looking at stars thru your scope.
Posted By: Rogue Re: WOW - 06/22/11
Magnum duece getting pulled down to his rex kwon do class.

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter Re: WOW - 06/22/11
TFF Looks like him just add about 200lbs. I am sure he has skills! nun-chuck, Bow Staff, ect. LMAO
Posted By: Rogue Re: WOW - 06/23/11
Yep, that's right. Fortunately our hero has a bumm knee or we would all be dead already.

Count ourselves lucky.
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: WOW - 06/23/11
I would tell him his gear is gay if it were. If the truth hurts fix it. I have used one NF scope it was good but not as good as what they thought it was.

Imagine this coming from a guy who uses MRC actions...hmmm

Posted By: Big Stick Re: WOW - 06/23/11
The only source of intel you could offer in the firsthand,is what a window tasted like.

Cracks me up...that you do-nothin' dumbphucks are all tooooooooooo eager to prove same. Save the bandwidth,as it's long been well beyond obvious and poignantly expressed ad nauseum.

Check back in,after attaining your first [bleep] clue. There goes the rest of your life..............

Posted By: SpencerSS Re: WOW - 06/23/11
Originally Posted by GeorgeS3

Certainly a crowd pleaser.
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter Re: WOW - 06/23/11

Imagine this coming from a guy who uses MRC actions...hmmm

Have never had an issues with them. Have three and all have performed well. What problems have you had with them and how many have you owned?
I just find it humorous that a NF connoisseur would even consider such clunky junk...YMMV
Posted By: Magnumdood Re: WOW - 06/23/11
Originally Posted by Rogue
Yep, that's right. Fortunately our hero has a bumm knee or we would all be dead already.

Count ourselves lucky.

Rogue,

Do you employ hyperbole as a habit, or just in posts referring to me?

I don't know you, and based on the quote above, I'm OK with that.

Other than three posters, I don't get consistent, negative, abusive, profane posts directed my way. The other 30,000+ posters on the fire seem to be able to communicate civilly with me or ignore me; either is fine.
Posted By: slg888 Re: WOW - 06/23/11
What is a window licker & what does it taste like? Having window tint add flavor?
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter Re: WOW - 06/23/11
I just find it humorous that a NF connoisseur would even consider such clunky junk...YMMV

Like I questioned already, what problems have you had with them and how many have you owned?

Sounds like I already know the answer. You have never had a problem and most likely have never even shot one. Way to sit on the sidelines and cheer for your team.
Originally Posted by slg888
What is a window licker & what does it taste like? Having window tint add flavor?

It's a crass "joke" that refers to the mentally challenged children on the short school bus licking the windows. It's about his speed...slowwwww.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: WOW - 06/23/11

It's a crass "joke" that refers to the mentally challenged children on the short school bus licking the windows. It's about his speed...slowwwww.

If that's true, that's pretty low, don't you think? Doesn't get much lower than picking on mentally challenged kids.
I have never owned,have handled one and like I said "clunky Junk" I wouldn't expect you to know any better...

At one time I was thinking about getting in on the first charter buy, but held off and am glad I did...
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/mrc-actions-chris-kirby-shawn-12316/

If that's true, that's pretty low, don't you think? Doesn't get much lower than picking on mentally challenged kids.

Oh, it's true JG. Just ask him.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: WOW - 06/23/11
I ignore the loser. Every time I see a pic of him, that he posts of himself by some tree, I'm immediately reminded of the cover of a album by the Village People. I'm sure it's true, already knowing he had zero class.
Like I questioned already, what problems have you had with them and how many have you owned?

Sounds like I already know the answer. You have never had a problem and most likely have never even shot one. Way to sit on the sidelines and cheer for your team.

Originally Posted by Shawn Carlock on http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/mrc-actions-chris-kirby-shawn-12316/
If you are talking about the Montana Rifle Company actions, I am afraid that I have some rather negative info for you. I built 3 matching 243 WSSM's on ser # 0001, 0002 & 0003. I looked at the actions liked the features so I ordered 1 lh mag stainless action and a couple of rh actions. Here is a list of what I have seen from these 6 actions produced over a 2 year span ( that is how long it took to get some of them ):
1. while claiming to have a Winchester footprint to utilize stocks made for the Winchester they are not even close and require extra inleting of bottom metal, a short pillar and extra glass work along with some smaller details to make an HS stock fit. these things are fixable just not as advertised.
2. only 2 of 6 actions had the threaded portion of action to receive the barrel in the center of the action, the LH action was just short of .040" out of center.
3. This was the big one, the portion of the action where the scope bases mate up is like a roller coaster most have a hump right between the screw holes in the front especially, this caused me more troubles than I can relate until I noticed it and corrected the problem.

In short I can not recommend them and will never buy another one. The smiths that I know that have worked them have run into other problems as well and I have yet to here of anyone building a really accurate rifle on one.
Oh, if you still want to get ahold of them they are in Kalispell Mt. the owners name is Brian Sipe. It is unfortunate that these problems have occured it could have been a really good action all of the right ideas for a good solid utility action.
I have one rh action hanging on the wall where it will probably stay for ever because I just cannot bring myself to tell someone it is a good action.

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: WOW - 06/23/11
Damn, there went 20 minutes of my life i'll never get back..........lol
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Damn, there went 20 minutes of my life i'll never get back..........lol

I truly didn't intend on wasting your time. Shawn Carlock is a pretty sharp guy, and he's an accomplished shooter and hunter. Since there was some controversy on the board regarding the the MRC action I thought his hands-on experience and the opinions of the MRC action that came from other gunsmiths was useful information.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: WOW - 06/23/11
Dood, it wasn't your post I was referring too.
Roger that...
Posted By: battue Re: WOW - 06/23/11

I truly didn't intend on wasting your time. Shawn Carlock is a pretty sharp guy, and he's an accomplished shooter and hunter. Since there was some controversy on the board regarding the the MRC action I thought his hands-on experience and the opinions of the MRC action that came from other gunsmiths was useful information.

And is his opinion today the same as it was in 2005?
Originally Posted by battue

Dunno; give him a call and find out. Maybe MRC has worked the bugs out their recivers. I don't own one.
Posted By: battue Re: WOW - 06/23/11

Dunno; give him a call and find out. Maybe MRC has worked the bugs out their recivers. I don't own one.

Thanks.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: WOW - 06/23/11

There's a surprise, commenting on something you know nothing about and have had no first-hand experience with!
There's a surprise, commenting on something you know nothing about and have had no first-hand experience with!

Really? Other than post Shawn Carlock's post, which was already previously linked, how/where did I comment on the MRC action? Where exactly did I give my opinion on the action in question?
Posted By: Magnumdood Re: WOW - 06/24/11
OK GreatWaputi, when did I chit in your cherios? You're always doggin' me along with a couple of others. What's the problem?
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter Re: WOW - 06/24/11
I have never owned,have handled one and like I said "clunky Junk" I wouldn't expect you to know any better...

At one time I was thinking about getting in on the first charter buy, but held off and am glad I did...

Yes they did in fact have problems out of the gate, As do a lot of companies. I believe that they have most if not all of it worked out now. I can tell you that the three I have shoot very well. Is it the best? Probably not. But for a hunting rifle they work great for me. They aren't the only rifles I own either. So you have never owned one and never shot one. Guess what? Your only opinion is of what you read from someone else that was roughly 6 years ago. So basically your blowing a lot of hot air.
Posted By: anh Re: WOW - 06/24/11
So the 3 posters who abuse you are Stick and GreatWaputi and who else? Steelhead? Am I the 3rd, due to my diving helmet suggestion?

I wonder how slight the pin prick must be before you add someone to the list. Or challenge them to a fistfight or similar.
I have to be 2,3,0r no higher then 4.
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: WOW - 06/24/11

Yes they did in fact have problems out of the gate, As do a lot of companies. I believe that they have most if not all of it worked out now. I can tell you that the three I have shoot very well. Is it the best? Probably not. But for a hunting rifle they work great for me. They aren't the only rifles I own either. So you have never owned one and never shot one. Guess what? Your only opinion is of what you read from someone else that was roughly 6 years ago. So basically your blowing a lot of hot air.

Pretty much!
Originally Posted by anh
So the 3 posters who abuse you are Stick and GreatWaputi and who else? Steelhead? Am I the 3rd, due to my diving helmet suggestion?

I wonder how slight the pin prick must be before you add someone to the list. Or challenge them to a fistfight or similar.

No; you're trying to be a PIA for some reason, a reason I really don't care about, and it's obvious you're doing it to elicit a response. So, no, you don't rate a number (lol). I am going to have to correct you though; I've challenged no one to a fist fight. MontanaCreekHunter threatened to beat me to a bloody pulp. He's already broken the law by threatening me with assault. I, on the other hand, invited him to come here and work out with us. The GreatWaputi is an occasional thorn, for what reason I again have no idea; I never seek to converse with him other than my question today, so he's a mystery. With regard to Steelhead; I just want to sit across the table from Scott over a beer or a cup of coffee and see what his major malfunction is.
I have to be 2,3,0r no higher then 4.

No, you're not rated either. I don't know what your beef is, and like anh, I don't really care.
Posted By: 65BR Re: WOW - 06/24/11
My brother has an MRC in 270WSM, they built him a complete gun, does just fine, danged heavy, but shoots very well. He has no complaints. I have one - it's LOUD. LOL.

Now as to actions having problems, nobody BATS 1000...just ask Stoney who had to have his feed ramp re-polished on one that he bought new from me! Luckily it all worked out for him and he proved it's worth on his recent trip to Africa.

Posted By: Rogue Re: WOW - 06/24/11

Count ourselves lucky.

Rogue,

Do you employ hyperbole as a habit, or just in posts referring to me?

I don't know you, and based on the quote above, I'm OK with that.

Other than three posters, I don't get consistent, negative, abusive, profane posts directed my way. The other 30,000+ posters on the fire seem to be able to communicate civilly with me or ignore me; either is fine.

You don't understand why three people here pick on you? 30K other posters dig you? You are not abusive or profane?

Between being the strongest person on the board, the most optically enhanced on the board and the toughest mma "artist" on the board it is hard to understand why all men everywhere don't want to turn gay and adopt a baby with you?

Then throw up a quote from SnipersHide which has a very limited list of doers and enormous pile of wannabees.

You're awesome dude... The world is a better place because of your vaste contributions. If only Team America would have signed you on during your hay day.

Mike
[quote=anh]So the 3 posters who abuse you are Stick and GreatWaputi and who else? Steelhead? Am I the 3rd, due to my diving helmet suggestion?

MontanaCreekHunter threatened to beat me to a bloody pulp. He's already broken the law by threatening me with assault. I, on the other hand, invited him to come here and work out with us.

Show me where I said these words you wrote here? Also no where did I break any laws. I never threatened you with assault either. Your reading is that of a 5 year old. I challenged you to a power lifting comp and a MMA match. Nothing illegal about any of that. Of course you try to change it to you invited me blah, blah, blah...... Magnum PI you are dumber then a box of rocks. I called you out, you didn't like that and you tried your best to spin it in your favor. So big mouth you like to tuant Big Stick about not meeting burns for a shooting match, but yet you shoot your mouth off to no end and then get challenged and tuck your tail between your legs and run for the hills.

Not to mention that you offer all kinds of opinions and advice on here with zero experiance. Oh wait I am sorry you have killed 3 Turkeys with a shotgun in 8 years. The outdoor channel wants to make a TV show about you and your Turkey hunting skills.
You don't understand why three people here pick on you? 30K other posters dig you?

I didn't say 30,000+ dig me. I said they managed to be civil or ignored me. But then, you know that.

You are not abusive or profane?

I will resort to it if the situation calls for it.

Between being the strongest person on the board...

Quote please?

...the most optically enhanced on the board

Quote please?

...and the toughest mma "artist" on the board...

Quote please?

Then throw up a quote from SnipersHide which has a very limited list of doers and enormous pile of wannabees.

LongRangeHunting - Shawn Carlock

Of course you try to change it to you invited me blah, blah, blah...... Magnum PI you are dumber then a box of rocks.

You are a functional moron. I didn't change anything around. I simply said I'm not going there. If you want to pound me into the mat you'll have to come here. I'll gladly step on the matt with you. Got a little rehabing to do first, but all that hate you got burning you up should still be going strong in March. You can sell tickets.

So big mouth you like to tuant Big Stick about not meeting burns for a shooting match, but yet you shoot your mouth off to no end and then get challenged and tuck your tail between your legs and run for the hills.

There's the real reason for you being hot. I said some mean things about your hero. If stick turned around too fast he'd break your neck.

Not to mention that you offer all kinds of opinions and advice on here with zero experiance.

I'm kinda curious about this one. Show me where I dispensed ANY hunting advice. If I "offer all kinds of opinions and advice" surely you can find one.
Oh I am by no means hot trust me. It takes a lot to get me hot. So back to the same question where did I do anything illegal? Where did I say I wanted to harm you in anyway? Oh yeah thats right you can't show me or anyone else that because it was never said. As to your meaningless opinions I am not going to post them all. Everyone on here pretty much has seen your garbage that cares to see it. So please stick with that mental rehab you are going thru there might be hope for you yet. Though I wouldn't make any bets on that.
As to your meaningless opinions I am not going to post them all.

IOW, you couldn't find any.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: WOW - 06/24/11
That should read flamer, not flame..
Posted By: 300MAG Re: WOW - 06/24/11
Yea you got it slg888, you & skane are serious flamers!!!
Posted By: 300MAG Re: WOW - 06/25/11
Ok, if thats what you say slgay888..................homo!!
Posted By: slg888 Re: WOW - 06/25/11
Ok, You are correct slg888...

[Linked Image]
Again, its ok to come out the closet slgay888 - why limit yourself to half the population??
Posted By: slg888 Re: WOW - 06/25/11
Keep 'chuggin those beers down Jeff and someone will miss there am flight. Chelly is gonna beat your ass!
Yea buddy I'm on vacation...............Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA!!!!
Posted By: Rogue Re: WOW - 06/25/11
You don't understand why three people here pick on you? 30K other posters dig you?

I didn't say 30,000+ dig me. I said they managed to be civil or ignored me. But then, you know that.

You are not abusive or profane?

I will resort to it if the situation calls for it.

Between being the strongest person on the board...

Quote please?

...the most optically enhanced on the board

Quote please?

...and the toughest mma "artist" on the board...

Quote please?

LongRangeHunting - Shawn Carlock

You've implyied all those statements hundreds of times in the optics forum alone. No question about it.

Wrong forum, long range instead of snipershide...Got me there, wrong bunch of wannabees with very, very few doers.

Posted By: SpencerSS Re: WOW - 06/25/11
Again, its ok to come out the closet slgay888 - why limit yourself to half the population??

Just to be clear, if HALF the population is gay, then...
Posted By: Magnumdood Re: WOW - 06/25/11
You've implyied all those statements hundreds of times in the optics forum alone. No question about it.

If you're using inference now, rather than a direct quote, then there sure is a question about it. You've taken your claims out of the realm of objectivity, and placed then into the realm of subjectivity. Subjectivity and people don't mix well if you're trying to prove a point. How you ask your question is open to debate because it could induce bias. No, subjectivity is not where you want your set of cliams. What you might think a passage infers another person might think it infers something entirely different. Seems you're all horned up over nothing. I don't remember addressing any of those topics either directly or indirectly (via inference) hundreds of times. If you were really following along, and not making things up as you go, you would have noticed that I just recently noted I couldn't possibly be the strongest poster on the board due to my age. I posted that I learned through direct participation in the weight room with a 20 year old that 50 year old muscles just can't keep up with 20 or 30 year old muscles. Man, go find a pine-knot and get all that out of your system. It's poisoning your thinking.

And, to put it on the record:

I'm NOT the strongest poster on the board.

I'm NOT the toughest martial artist/MMA practitioner on the board.

I'm NOT the most optically enhanced ( laugh I liked that one) poster on the board.

Wrong forum, long range instead of snipershide...Got me there, wrong bunch of wannabees with very, very few doers.

It wasn't the forum that wrote the review. It was Shawn Carlock, who is very definitely a doer.

...and...you can have the last word as I'm done explaining myself to a stalker.
Posted By: pointer Re: WOW - 06/26/11
Hell, I think I'm within driving distance of Magnumdoob... I think it's funny that folks resort to Rex-quan-do ability references on an optics/hunting forum!!

Yep, you may not be the "toughest" MMA practitioner on the board, but I'm guessing the toughest MMA practitioner didn't bring up that whom they trained with or referenced their "MMA" training at all. Hell, I wrestled in 8th grade...

PS- Tonight Mr. Whiskey is more friendly than the Mrs... laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Big Stick Re: WOW - 06/26/11
The ONLY thing Magnum Douche P.I.(Poosy Itches) has,is her Imagination and it is a blessing that she feels compelled to share the delusions crafted by same,with the masses.

She has zero qualm talking out her ass about things she's never even seen,let alone done and will madly tickle ivories in an Estrogen fueled rage to prove same,over and over again...obliviously.

Dangle a dollar and she's a convert,becoming an instant "authority". While Jeff-O is assuredly the Queen of dumbphucktitude,Magnum Douche is very serious about giving her a run for her money and that both fancy themsleves as having a clue,yet again defines comedy.

Fingers crossed for a Karate Chart.

[bleep] laffin'!..................

Posted By: JohnMoses Re: WOW - 06/26/11
Kung Foo is serious stuff. grin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Rogue Re: WOW - 06/26/11
Just saying...

Diamond Dave's Ninja School
Posted By: PaleRider Re: WOW - 06/26/11
TFF JohnMoses grin grin

The cat has some of that Bruce Lee thing going on!

Almost spit coffee on my monitor..................

Ted
Posted By: 65BR Re: WOW - 06/26/11
Thanks Rogue for sharing those secret techniques. Going practice my Ninji chop after Tai Chi this morning wink

JM - LMAO
Posted By: GSSP Re: WOW - 08/11/11
Have suppressed the urge to read this LONG string. IMO, most strings this long are usually full of bickering and such. Anything worth reading here? I love NF scopes. Have a 2.5-10 on my LW LR rig in 6.5x47 and a 5.5-22x50 on my heavy sniper rig, also in 6.5x47.

Alan
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: WOW - 08/12/11
Alan, no. Just Stick being Stick.
Posted By: GSSP Re: WOW - 08/12/11
Jeff,

Thanks for the "differal". I'll skip it.

Alan
Posted By: JohnMoses Re: WOW - 08/12/11
There is a kool pic of a cat kicking a dog upside the head on the previous page.
Posted By: GSSP Re: WOW - 08/13/11
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
There is a kool pic of a cat kicking a dog upside the head on the previous page.

My "pet" Alan, allowed me to respond.

ROTFLMAO

Signed ....."The Cat" grin
Originally Posted by cmg

Yeh, I almost agree with that. If you are sheep or goat hunting then heck yes before you hump two ridgelines over. If you are stand hunting for deer or even elk hunting, then spotting scopes are a waste of weight in my opinion unless you are super picky with the most exacting standards for required inches or horn mass. Binos are for finding the beasties due to a wider field of view then I can use the scope to see if want to pull the trigger. There is no safety issue as I only observe through the scope after positively IDing a game animal. I can tell if an elk is a shooter with a 14 power scope.
© 24hourcampfire