Page 3 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 22 23
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by cmg
1) Scopes are to aim - binos and spotters for identification

+1......glad he's not hunting on my place.

There is nothing wrong with using your high-powered scope to do the final judging on the animal- especially if you are alone. Keep your finger off the trigger if you don't want to shoot, simple as that.

I think one of the big draws for the nightforce is the ruggedness. It has great glass- but not as good as the real high end stuff like Hensoldt, S&B, Premier, and March. If money wasn't an issue, I would likely go with the March. I just really like them!

The 50mm is plenty for what you are going to do. I don't notice a big difference in the 50 and 56mm other than the obvious bulk and weight.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Guess I'm different. I have a clue what I'm shooting at before I point a loaded gun at it.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Look around and find a used S&B 4-16x50 Precision Hunter with a P3 reticle. I see them every now and then for 1400-160O. Will get you out to 600. The new Premier hunting scopes with custom turrets are sexy, too. Or you can buy my 5.5-22x56 from me and I'll go take my own advice.

Teach every child you meet the importance of forgiveness. It's our only hope of surviving their wrath once they realize just how badly we've screwed things up for them.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JGRaider,

Are you saying that you have never made a mistake while hunting? Are you saying everyone should learn what you do? I don't understand what all you are saying in this short post.

One time a friend of mine went hunting with a guy who used a fixed 4X. They were watching some mountain goats through some good glass. Finally they both decided on which one the guy should shoot. Of course the hunter switched from his glass to his scope and fired. Cliff asked,
"Why'd ya shoot that one?!"
"'Cause it's the one I want."
"The one you want just moved over to the left. That one came out from the rock on the right."

OIf the hunter had been using something besides a sight, he could have seen his goat had moved.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Lotsa funny schit here and it's a literal Treasure Trove of outright dumbphucktitude!

The Hubble Gang and their Haybale & Crockett Window Lickin' Safaris,never won't not crack me the [bleep] up. Only gets better with walks in the park and lead vests,as the culmination which arranges their "results". Schit don't get much funnier than that!

To top it,you'd have to ask Magnum Douche P.I.(Puzzy Itches),to hang a pic of her best beastie slain with said wares and to expound a wee bit in the particulars of the fruition,allowing her bandwidth to expound upon the "rigorous trevails" associated with arranging same,which quantify the Hubble's incorporation and deal sealing capabilities.

Of course she'll play dumb,which ain't an Act.

Bless her boundless Imagination!..................

What cracks me up about your posts is after reading them....They are spot on!
Schitt gets stupid here and you call it out.
More game taken with imagination than anything else.

Last edited by Manic_Hunter; 06/12/11.

Here, hold my beer and watch this!
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by mcmurphrjk
It's a sight, for Gods sake.

Uh...yeah.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I posted twice in a 24 hour period because Little Schit can't. Too bad. LMAO

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
I posted twice in a 24 hour period because Little Stink can't. Too bad. LMAO

And he wasted the only post he gets with worthless garbage......

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I posted twice in a 24 hour period because Little Schit can't. Too bad. LMAO

And he wasted the only post he gets with worthless garbage......

You noticed that too? Oh man, here's another post I get to post on the board in the last couple of hours. I don't have to wait 24 hours.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Manic_Hunter

May I suggest a brisk swim while wearing the vest? Much easier on the knees.

May I suggest you take a long walk off of a short pier?

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by anh
But prior you might also want to consider that even if your fitness allowed you to run up the side of the mountain, like Lance Armstong but without a bike, you'd still be doing less work with a lighter rifle.

Perhaps that's the rifle I want to hunt with.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I find it pretty sorry that a hunting/gun site would limit or even take away someones right to respond to post. What I have found with this site is that if you don't subscribe to the powers to be train of thought then you are unwanted here. Pretty sad seeing that "they" seem to be able to dish it out, yet "they" sure can't take it. I understand that "they" feel threatened by Big Sticks knowledge of a wide array of subjects. If you weren't all such suckers Big Stick wouldn't be able to rope you all in. But of course you all fall into his lap so easily. I have never seen so many grown men cry like little babies as I do regularly on this site. But on the plus side I have met a few really great guys too on this site. So the few good guys have kept me here. I have not met Big Stick but sure would like to. Atleast I know he knows what he is doing and enjoys the same things I do.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
NSX 5.5x22x50 works for me.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
MontanaCreekHunter,

I have not met Big Stick but sure would like to. Atleast I know he knows what he is doing and enjoys the same things I do.

In that case it wont be long till you are on a few folks "ignore" list because he enjoys belitting rather than add to a conversation.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is Stick more of an annoyance than Swampman700 to you Rich ?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
I find it pretty sorry that a hunting/gun site would limit or even take away someones right to respond to post...

Boo-[bleep]-hoo...

Cry me a river...

Little Schit is the most abrasive, obnoxious, narcissistic poster this board has ever seen and will likely ever see.

A
AlC Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
ringman, you tested a Z5 Swaro against a Nightforce. You need to compare the Z5 Swaro and the Z6 Swaro. To me the Z6 is Soooooo much clearer. Hard to believe they are both Swaros.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Magnumdood,

I don't think some of these guys understand the difference in work and effort. When I used to carry the heavy barreled K14, I never gave it a thought that it was heavy, 'cause it was not to me at that time. Sure it required the same amout of work then as it would now, but the effort now would be too much. Therefore I carry a much lighter rifle now.

Everyday Hunter
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I find it pretty sorry that a hunting/gun site would limit or even take away someones right to respond to post...

Boo-[bleep]-hoo...

Cry me a river...

Little Schit is the most abrasive, obnoxious, narcissistic poster this board has ever seen and will likely ever see.

See, You and Jim have that title as far as I am concerned. If you don't like my post that is more then fair and fine with me that you add me to your ingore list. I sure won't loose any sleep over it.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
*** You are ignoring this user ***

Poof...you're gone.

Page 3 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

464 members (160user, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 163bc, 42 invisible), 2,477 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,332
Posts18,526,707
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.