Page 22 of 23 1 2 20 21 22 23
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Originally Posted by battue

I truly didn't intend on wasting your time. Shawn Carlock is a pretty sharp guy, and he's an accomplished shooter and hunter. Since there was some controversy on the board regarding the the MRC action I thought his hands-on experience and the opinions of the MRC action that came from other gunsmiths was useful information.

And is his opinion today the same as it was in 2005?

Dunno; give him a call and find out. Maybe MRC has worked the bugs out their recivers. I don't own one.

Thanks.

laissez les bons temps rouler
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by battue

I truly didn't intend on wasting your time. Shawn Carlock is a pretty sharp guy, and he's an accomplished shooter and hunter. Since there was some controversy on the board regarding the the MRC action I thought his hands-on experience and the opinions of the MRC action that came from other gunsmiths was useful information.

And is his opinion today the same as it was in 2005?

Dunno; give him a call and find out. Maybe MRC has worked the bugs out their recivers. I don't own one.

There's a surprise, commenting on something you know nothing about and have had no first-hand experience with!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
There's a surprise, commenting on something you know nothing about and have had no first-hand experience with!

Really? Other than post Shawn Carlock's post, which was already previously linked, how/where did I comment on the MRC action? Where exactly did I give my opinion on the action in question?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
OK GreatWaputi, when did I chit in your cherios? You're always doggin' me along with a couple of others. What's the problem?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
I have never owned,have handled one and like I said "clunky Junk" I wouldn't expect you to know any better...

At one time I was thinking about getting in on the first charter buy, but held off and am glad I did...
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/mrc-actions-chris-kirby-shawn-12316/

Yes they did in fact have problems out of the gate, As do a lot of companies. I believe that they have most if not all of it worked out now. I can tell you that the three I have shoot very well. Is it the best? Probably not. But for a hunting rifle they work great for me. They aren't the only rifles I own either. So you have never owned one and never shot one. Guess what? Your only opinion is of what you read from someone else that was roughly 6 years ago. So basically your blowing a lot of hot air.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
IC B2

A
anh Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
So the 3 posters who abuse you are Stick and GreatWaputi and who else? Steelhead? Am I the 3rd, due to my diving helmet suggestion?

I wonder how slight the pin prick must be before you add someone to the list. Or challenge them to a fistfight or similar.

anh #5361213 06/23/11
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have to be 2,3,0r no higher then 4.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
I have never owned,have handled one and like I said "clunky Junk" I wouldn't expect you to know any better...

At one time I was thinking about getting in on the first charter buy, but held off and am glad I did...
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/mrc-actions-chris-kirby-shawn-12316/

Yes they did in fact have problems out of the gate, As do a lot of companies. I believe that they have most if not all of it worked out now. I can tell you that the three I have shoot very well. Is it the best? Probably not. But for a hunting rifle they work great for me. They aren't the only rifles I own either. So you have never owned one and never shot one. Guess what? Your only opinion is of what you read from someone else that was roughly 6 years ago. So basically your blowing a lot of hot air.

Pretty much!

anh #5361588 06/23/11
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by anh
So the 3 posters who abuse you are Stick and GreatWaputi and who else? Steelhead? Am I the 3rd, due to my diving helmet suggestion?

I wonder how slight the pin prick must be before you add someone to the list. Or challenge them to a fistfight or similar.

No; you're trying to be a PIA for some reason, a reason I really don't care about, and it's obvious you're doing it to elicit a response. So, no, you don't rate a number (lol). I am going to have to correct you though; I've challenged no one to a fist fight. MontanaCreekHunter threatened to beat me to a bloody pulp. He's already broken the law by threatening me with assault. I, on the other hand, invited him to come here and work out with us. The GreatWaputi is an occasional thorn, for what reason I again have no idea; I never seek to converse with him other than my question today, so he's a mystery. With regard to Steelhead; I just want to sit across the table from Scott over a beer or a cup of coffee and see what his major malfunction is.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have to be 2,3,0r no higher then 4.

No, you're not rated either. I don't know what your beef is, and like anh, I don't really care.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My brother has an MRC in 270WSM, they built him a complete gun, does just fine, danged heavy, but shoots very well. He has no complaints. I have one - it's LOUD. LOL.

Now as to actions having problems, nobody BATS 1000...just ask Stoney who had to have his feed ramp re-polished on one that he bought new from me! Luckily it all worked out for him and he proved it's worth on his recent trip to Africa.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rogue
Yep, that's right. Fortunately our hero has a bumm knee or we would all be dead already.

Count ourselves lucky.

Rogue,

Do you employ hyperbole as a habit, or just in posts referring to me?

I don't know you, and based on the quote above, I'm OK with that.

Other than three posters, I don't get consistent, negative, abusive, profane posts directed my way. The other 30,000+ posters on the fire seem to be able to communicate civilly with me or ignore me; either is fine.

You don't understand why three people here pick on you? 30K other posters dig you? You are not abusive or profane?

Between being the strongest person on the board, the most optically enhanced on the board and the toughest mma "artist" on the board it is hard to understand why all men everywhere don't want to turn gay and adopt a baby with you?

Then throw up a quote from SnipersHide which has a very limited list of doers and enormous pile of wannabees.

You're awesome dude... The world is a better place because of your vaste contributions. If only Team America would have signed you on during your hay day.

Mike

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
[quote=anh]So the 3 posters who abuse you are Stick and GreatWaputi and who else? Steelhead? Am I the 3rd, due to my diving helmet suggestion?

MontanaCreekHunter threatened to beat me to a bloody pulp. He's already broken the law by threatening me with assault. I, on the other hand, invited him to come here and work out with us.

Show me where I said these words you wrote here? Also no where did I break any laws. I never threatened you with assault either. Your reading is that of a 5 year old. I challenged you to a power lifting comp and a MMA match. Nothing illegal about any of that. Of course you try to change it to you invited me blah, blah, blah...... Magnum PI you are dumber then a box of rocks. I called you out, you didn't like that and you tried your best to spin it in your favor. So big mouth you like to tuant Big Stick about not meeting burns for a shooting match, but yet you shoot your mouth off to no end and then get challenged and tuck your tail between your legs and run for the hills.

Not to mention that you offer all kinds of opinions and advice on here with zero experiance. Oh wait I am sorry you have killed 3 Turkeys with a shotgun in 8 years. The outdoor channel wants to make a TV show about you and your Turkey hunting skills.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
You don't understand why three people here pick on you? 30K other posters dig you?

I didn't say 30,000+ dig me. I said they managed to be civil or ignored me. But then, you know that.

You are not abusive or profane?

I will resort to it if the situation calls for it.

Between being the strongest person on the board...

Quote please?

...the most optically enhanced on the board

Quote please?

...and the toughest mma "artist" on the board...

Quote please?

Then throw up a quote from SnipersHide which has a very limited list of doers and enormous pile of wannabees.

LongRangeHunting - Shawn Carlock

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Of course you try to change it to you invited me blah, blah, blah...... Magnum PI you are dumber then a box of rocks.

You are a functional moron. I didn't change anything around. I simply said I'm not going there. If you want to pound me into the mat you'll have to come here. I'll gladly step on the matt with you. Got a little rehabing to do first, but all that hate you got burning you up should still be going strong in March. You can sell tickets.

So big mouth you like to tuant Big Stick about not meeting burns for a shooting match, but yet you shoot your mouth off to no end and then get challenged and tuck your tail between your legs and run for the hills.

There's the real reason for you being hot. I said some mean things about your hero. If stick turned around too fast he'd break your neck.

Not to mention that you offer all kinds of opinions and advice on here with zero experiance.

I'm kinda curious about this one. Show me where I dispensed ANY hunting advice. If I "offer all kinds of opinions and advice" surely you can find one.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Oh I am by no means hot trust me. It takes a lot to get me hot. So back to the same question where did I do anything illegal? Where did I say I wanted to harm you in anyway? Oh yeah thats right you can't show me or anyone else that because it was never said. As to your meaningless opinions I am not going to post them all. Everyone on here pretty much has seen your garbage that cares to see it. So please stick with that mental rehab you are going thru there might be hope for you yet. Though I wouldn't make any bets on that.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
As to your meaningless opinions I am not going to post them all.

IOW, you couldn't find any.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
That should read flamer, not flame..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yea you got it slg888, you & skane are serious flamers!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ok, if thats what you say slgay888..................homo!!

Last edited by 300MAG; 06/24/11.
Page 22 of 23 1 2 20 21 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 16Racing, 1234, 160user, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 2,489 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,344
Posts18,526,913
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.