Print Thread
Hop To
T
timat46 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
has anyone tried these boots ?They look similar to the Wasach(spelling ?)but they are supposed to be a bit stiffer
Tim

GB1

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Don't have the Bitteroots, but I just bought a pair of the Breeze GTXs. I love these things. I carried 30# for 7.3 miles through mud, snow, water, rocks, and trees. They will now be my boot for September bowhunts in the South San Juans. And they only weigh 2# 13oz for size 11.

BP

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just sent a pair of Wasatch's back to Vasque because of a hole in the front where the black rubber meets the leather on the toe area. Didnt even get a full season out of them, we'll see how good their customer service is

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by huntsonora
I just sent a pair of Wasatch's back to Vasque because of a hole in the front where the black rubber meets the leather on the toe area. Didnt even get a full season out of them, we'll see how good their customer service is

IME, Vasque's customer service is absolutely top notch.

As to the Bitteroot's, no idea what differentiates them from the Wasatch. I have the Wasatch, and while it's not a "perfect" boot, it fits me well and is comfortable. How the OP's feet like them is another matter.

Another Vasque boot I own is the Sundowner... I wear them every day for work and they're super-comfortable. If they had a small rubber rand I'd use the Sundowner's exclusively for all my summer backpacking.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by huntsonora

IME, Vasque's customer service is absolutely top notch.

As to the Bitteroot's, no idea what differentiates them from the Wasatch. I have the Wasatch, and while it's not a "perfect" boot, it fits me well and is comfortable. How the OP's feet like them is another matter.

Another Vasque boot I own is the Sundowner... I wear them every day for work and they're super-comfortable. If they had a small rubber rand I'd use the Sundowner's exclusively for all my summer backpacking.

I hope their customer service is good! The boots had a 1 year warranty but I've have them a year and a half. Sad thing is, I only used them for one season and they formed a hole in the book and the sole cracked across the bottom on the ball of the foot.

I just read a couple of reviews here...
http://www.trailspace.com/gear/vasque/wasatch-gtx/

I will see what Vasque does and let you all know. I sent a picture of a pair of Danners I have used for 3 seasons and they were in MUCHbetter shape than the Vasque boots I sent back

Drummond

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

209 members (1minute, 29aholic, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 45_100, 406_SBC, 24 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,020 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,758
Posts18,514,922
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.