Originally Posted by PAelksmacker
Please tell me how you like or dislike your RSM. I'm thinking of picking one up for a 2013 safari for Eland, Zebra, Kudu and Gemsbok. Thanks.

Bob

I've owned two of the later generation models which were equally nice. Wood and metal work were pleasing and the rifles functioned well. Inescapable dislikes that stand out like sore thumb:

The over-engineered 1-pound forend recoil plate with the under-sized tiny tit receiver recoil lip that mates inside. It is a most odd-ball combination that makes for a clunky shaped forend, an overly excessive and sluggish truck axle weight, and the inability to dump this contraption in lieu of a more traditional design due to the RSM having this tiny blip of a recoil lip in comparison to either the mkII/Hawkeye angled lug or the more traditional square lugs of other designs.

I would suggest looking at the largest chamberings if you choose to go the RSM route as their overall weight and handling characteristics are too far from handy for a 375 in my opinion. If looking for a handy 375, there are better choices, though they may not be as refined in overall appearance as the RSM.

Best smile

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood