Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
E
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
E
I look forward to this every year. Lots of fun, gives the feeling of really being out there and helps to see the critters we hunters love to spot.
Nothing else comes close in that respect.
I'm still debating between a Jeep Rubicon, a Toyota Tacoma or a Dodge Power Wagon as my next hunting rig. In the mean time, I'm going to enjoy the summer in my open Jeep.
Hope everybody has fun this summer getting ready for the hunting seasons. E

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[bleep] you......its mid June and i havent even started up my CJ5 yet cause it wont quit raining and i dont even own a top for the damn thing.....someone got us confused with the PNW, swear im living in Seattle.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
E
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
E
I've felt much the same way this year. Heck, I can't even be sure I won't regret my decision in the next weeks...
Hope things turn around soon for you. I hate spring more than any other time of year. E

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i just got my 95 Cherokee fixed, been a long time since driving it and im having problems....last standard i drove was the CJ....having a hell of a time in the XJ....

pattern on the CJ is
13R

pattern on the XJ is
24R

since 1 on the CJ is a granny gear and worthless on pavement, im used to just starting out in 2nd....so driving the XJ today im always trying to start out in 2nd and throwing it in 5th when i want to go in reverse crazy

some clear days coming up, hope to have the CJ up and rolling again by the weekend, needs a new battery and i have to replace the front output seal on the transfer case and fill it back up with gear oil and i should be good to go....had hoped i would be using it as my mostly daily driver back in May crazy

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The weather was fine in Pismo Beach!!
[Linked Image]

ken@the river
GO DUCKS!
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rattler
[bleep] you......its mid June and i havent even started up my CJ5 yet cause it wont quit raining and i dont even own a top for the damn thing.....someone got us confused with the PNW, swear im living in Seattle.....

Same chit here. I did put a new safari top on my Rubicon and pulled the doors. Its only 60 here today and I put the doors back on but from the doors back is all open

I was ANTI-OBAMA before it was CooL
KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hardly get to drive my CJ anymore. Between working out of town, and having a nearly two year old son that I don't want to give traumatic brain injury to smile , it mostly just sits there. Still thinking about fixing it up a bit - D44 rear end, lift, new seats and instruments, lock boxes, maybe some new sheetmetal and paint.

Last edited by KDK; 06/24/11.

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I need a 6 inch long arm lift I guess. I did 2 inches and it doesn't look lifted at all. I have taken it in the bushes several times to scratch it up so I can get over it but it hasn't got a scratch

[Linked Image]

I was ANTI-OBAMA before it was CooL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice rig! Tweak it to suit yourself--you won't regret it. (Six inches might be excessive, but then I don't know where you drive it.)

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
E
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
E
I live in THE land of the lifted and fat tire vehicles. Almost everybody does it for the looks. What they don't get is that the vehicle is designed w/o such things for a reason.
I suggest you make sure you really need to lift it, or need to put fat tires on it first. They hold up better and cost less to operate often times w/o that stuff. E

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (1badf350, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 63 invisible), 2,541 guests, and 1,366 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,454
Posts18,471,089
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.