Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
What a waste of money.
If people feel the need to go see a rock I suggest they get outside the city for a day.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sambo3006

Hmm, do we know who is paying for the move, private, state, Feds?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Hmm, do we know who is paying for the move, private, state, Feds?

I'm sure there are some public dollars going in to the LA County Museum, but I would also think that there were also a lot of private bucks for this project as well.

Heck, the community that my mom lives in recently constructed a new town center (administrative offices, community auditorium, park, tennis courts and baseball field. Not a whole lot of actual construction occurred, the land was paid for, and yet the total cost was $20M. All of the money came from private contributions (Sili Valley area)

Scott

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
That will be a awesome day at the museum "Look kids a big rock .... next we get to see some smaller rocks" laugh

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If you're so [bleep] worried about waste, try taking a good hard look at your own state.

$90 billion for a high speed rail system?

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image][Linked Image] [Linked Image]

http://showmeinstitute.org/publicat...rs-should-not-build-high-speed-rail.html

Proud NRA Life Member
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
One of the first things our governor did when elected was to kill a high speed rail project, and returned the federal grant money. The "high speed" label was just a label, and the costs were really to be borne my the state of WI for the most part. The grant was seed money. Not everyone buys into that stuff.

The moving of a large rock is a waste of money for the sake of "art". Too many people in need out there right now. How about take a picture, blow it up, and call it good. That's "art" too. grin

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
California just got a nearly 1 Billion dollar infusion from the feds for a jobs program (834 million), we're not broke yet! Our deficit is down to 9.1 Billion for this next fiscal year, and our legislators have until midnight tonight to get it done!

Or they work for free till it is done, or hopefully they just don't work. grin

Phil

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Greyghost
California just got a nearly 1 Billion dollar infusion from the feds for a jobs program (834 million), we're not broke yet! Our deficit is down to 9.1 Billion for this next fiscal year, and our legislators have until midnight tonight to get it done!

Or they work for free till it is done, or hopefully they just don't work. grin

Phil

Our Legislators
What a joke
I think that they should have the whole years pay taken away from them when they screw us as bad as they do.

Make them work for free if the budget is not in and balanced by the dead line.

I must live in cali because I think I must be smoking the funny stuff to think that they will actually be working for free!

Last edited by funshooter; 06/15/11.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Heard that they are working on 2 completely separate proposals to be voted on tonight... One in case they can't get the 4 GOP members they need to roll-over! One that proposes more drastic cuts, maybe as much as another 3 Billion to education alone.

In the mean time we've got a neighboring PD, that is starting construction on a 13 Million dollar up grade to their station... Seems they need an in-door firing range because driving to the range is taking too long... will also add electronic evidence retrieval, more room for officers to do their reports, and more office space. While at the same time they say they've had to lay off officers/or refrain from filling vacancy's along with a cut budget...

Again I think this is federal money that has to be spent!

Phil

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
They could probably balance the budget if they would only cut all of the illegal alien freebies and programs down.
But what a dream that is!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shovel ready Obama just keeps pumping money into Mexifornia to buy the big bunch of electorial votes. Plenty of BS from the man with the big shovel.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I could run Kalifornia better.

This is sad.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Shovel ready Obama just keeps pumping money into Mexifornia to buy the big bunch of electorial votes. Plenty of BS from the man with the big shovel.

Um, he got 61% of the vote here in 2008. Doubtful he'll lose the State in 2012. We're the biggest economy in the Union is a better answer.

Wanted: Vintage Remington or Winchester hats, patches, shirts. PM me if you have something.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
As suspected, the Legislators weren't about to go with out pay, looks like they pushed through by simple majority a (Democratic) budget...

Looks like the public pension system has skated through untouched...

Article in the paper this morning quoted a report that stated California public retiree pensions of a $100,000 or more a year have Quadrupled just since 2005.

Brown has 12 day's to decide whether to sign, veto, or I guess just let it become law.

Phil

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (12344mag, 204guy, 1234, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 48 invisible), 2,376 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,767
Posts18,515,428
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.