Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

This sums it up for me.
[Linked Image]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Video doesn't lie? Well those kid zombies were wearing shirts that said "Students are as good as dead". I have not looked into this incident whatsoever, but I see nothing in that video that indicates this is a union protest rather a protest by students protesting what? Higher tuition due to cuts by the governor??

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Let me ask you this, unions in the work place are at 7% right? So how did America thrive when the unions had 40% of the workforce? The unions had migher membership back in the 80's, how does that jive? Jobs did not begin to flood overseas when the unions had a much higher rate of the workforce, how do you explain more jobs headed overseas after the decline in union membership?

There was no competition after WWII. Europe & Asia had been blown to Hell. The US was the only country in the World with a developed economy. It took years for Europe to re-develop & Japan to develop. Even then they were still drops in the bucket compared to the US economy. Now we have China, India, Mexico and numerous other countries that have a higher level of development than they ever had before.

There is nothing that unions could have done to prevent this development.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Unions, and their leadership, are only as good as the people in them.
One has only to look at Washington to see the corelation.

If the leadership is not representing the views of the folks, vote them out.

Working on both sides for 25 years, I can tell you about the good, and the bad.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BarryC

Let me ask you this, unions in the work place are at 7% right? So how did America thrive when the unions had 40% of the workforce? The unions had migher membership back in the 80's, how does that jive? Jobs did not begin to flood overseas when the unions had a much higher rate of the workforce, how do you explain more jobs headed overseas after the decline in union membership?

There was no competition after WWII. Europe & Asia had been blown to Hell. The US was the only country in the World with a developed economy. It took years for Europe to re-develop & Japan to develop. Even then they were still drops in the bucket compared to the US economy. Now we have China, India, Mexico and numerous other countries that have a higher level of development than they ever had before.

There is nothing that unions could have done to prevent this development.

..but this does not explain American jobs headed overseas, and higher profits for those who take them. It does not explain billions in offshore banks.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Just go ahead and strip union rights and see how long it takes them to come after the rest of the working people.

The working people know how to bargin for themselves. We get jobs based on our ability, skill, and knowledge of the job. Not by seniority, and terms negotiated for us.

"Where Free Unions And Collective Bargaining Are Forbidden, Freedom Is Lost"- Ronald Reagan

They didn't take away ALL collective bargaining rights, it's the public ones. That is where you left wing morons, as you say, can't seem to differentiate. It's the PUBLIC unions, the ones stealing from the tax payers.

Say what you want but this would have never happened with Tommy Thompson in charge. He always understood the importance of balancing the budget while investing in Wisconsin and working with labor both union and non union. I realize our last two governors made a huge mess of the budget, but the right way to fix it is not and never will be putting the load on the backs of the workers who helped build our state...but who need policemen, firefighters and teacher right?

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

..but this does not explain American jobs headed overseas, and higher profits for those who take them. It does not explain billions in offshore banks.

You really are dense, aren't you?

I understand why you need a union.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Say what you want but this would have never happened with Tommy Thompson in charge. He always understood the importance of balancing the budget while investing in Wisconsin and working with labor both union and non union.
Tommy was a moderate - and with the exception of doing a good job of removing a lot of welfare riffraff, didn't do all that much to rein in any budget..
I realize our last two governors made a huge mess of the budget, but the right way to fix it is not and never will be putting the load on the backs of the workers who helped build our state...
Ahhhh, so ONLY unionistas are the 'productive' ones, eh? What you've had to date is the union leaders being the load on the productive workers in the state - both private and public.. Too bad you won't acknowledge that..
but who need policemen, firefighters and teacher right?
You don't know the law excludes most (if not all) police and firefighters? And if you think teachers are goin' away just because of this law, you're even more dense than it seems.. Basically and on average, a teacher will be paying about half of what private citizens pay - instead of the near-zero they pay now..

JMHO..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Redneck

Say what you want but this would have never happened with Tommy Thompson in charge. He always understood the importance of balancing the budget while investing in Wisconsin and working with labor both union and non union.
Tommy was a moderate - and with the exception of doing a good job of removing a lot of welfare riffraff, didn't do all that much to rein in any budget..
I realize our last two governors made a huge mess of the budget, but the right way to fix it is not and never will be putting the load on the backs of the workers who helped build our state...
Ahhhh, so ONLY unionistas are the 'productive' ones, eh? What you've had to date is the union leaders being the load on the productive workers in the state - both private and public.. Too bad you won't acknowledge that..
You don't know the law excludes most (if not all) police and firefighters? And if you think teachers are goin' away just because of this law, you're even more dense than it seems.. Basically and on average, a teacher will be paying about half of what private citizens pay - instead of the near-zero they pay now..

JMHO..

Obviously you should have paid more attention in school and improved your reading skills. The post clearly said union and non union. Or do you need all your information filtered and spoon fed to you by Glen Beck.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good answer. I thought I explained it well also. The GM example is about as clear as it gets as does the steel industry analogy. Your expansion was even more compelling.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You really are dense, aren't you?

I understand why you need a union.

There you go, when out of bullschit turn to personal insult...just like a liberal..imagine that.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Redneck

JMHO..

Obviously you should have paid more attention in school and improved your reading skills. The post clearly said union and non union. Or do you need all your information filtered and spoon fed to you by Glen Beck.
I read your post again.. And it appears YOU need to improve your reading skills.. I missed nothing.. Try reading AND comprehending what I wrote..

Maybe your union bosses will help you with a tutor..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
..and people wonder what a moderate is? Well, not sucking down with a straw all that Republicans have been paid to deliver.

Campfire Ranger
Online Shocked
Campfire Ranger
Cowboy- Lets see, what I�ve read thus far; ���information filtered and spoon fed to you by Glen Beck.� ���� � I swear to God you right wing morons are even worse,� ���you've been watching too much FOX Propaganda(oops I mean news)����� � unions are responsible for most of the advances in workers rights� ���� �but who need policemen, firefighters and teacher right?�������. �Proud member Wis Laborers Local 464�***** my takeaways are you�re a union thug !! - not to mention all these talking points can be found over at NPR�

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FlaRick
Just heard on the news that Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker's law limiting the bargaining rights of public unions has been cleared to take effect by the state Supreme Court. Nothing on the web yet.

have I mentioned that unions are the problem in America? They are not in any way, shape or form, part of a solution.

Sam......

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
The video of the "protest" interruption of the special olympics speech was legit. My neighbor works as a State Capital policeman. He told me about this. He said it was sad to see it, as the special olympic kids had no idea what was happening, and others around there were pissed. Great way to get your msg across. Screw with special ed kids. Thugs, ahhh YAH!!

As far as arrests, which a Madison Police news release was linked to, it is the Capital Police who have the most problems as they have the jurisdiction at the capital building. They are assisted by other state law officers, including wardens. I wouldn't pay much attention to the Madison Police press releases. My neighbor has put in tons of OT as a Capital Policeman, and is getting sick of it. He said he hauled off 80+ so far. Said they go limp and won't move, so he said it was like dragging 80+ deer out of the woods. Those that cooperate aren't too bad, but others are a P.I.T.A. and are costing taxpayers money to keep order. He said the 250 lb'rs are the worst. **EDIT**--> Just to be clear, he didn't say they were arresting them, just moving them out of the way. <-- **EDIT**

As far as bennies go, I know of some teachers unions that went with the union policy and paid premium pricing. $2,000+ per month per family, when the market rate is closer to $1,200. Gee, where does the difference go? Not all school systems play this game, but it is collective bargaining that causes this type of trouble. How about give half of those savings to the worker as better wages, and give the taxpayers the other half of the savings? Doesn't sound all bad now, huh? Think about it. You always hear, the wages suck but the benefits are great! Really??

Everyone's pockets are being picked by the unions.

Last edited by WI_Canner; 06/15/11.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JOG
Everyone in the private sector puts 14% into it, and it is bankrupt.

Double that percentage for the self-employed.

Employees contribute 7% or so, but the matching 7% that the companies contribute is an charge against the employes so it effectively reduces the salary of the employees.

The self-employed contribute 15% so the provide more than just the employer and employee social security, but it's not twice that.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by crosshair

The real problem is that the public employees salaries and benefits are much greater then that in the private sector.

Really? I make $19.66 an hour as an 18 year correction officer. I have an 80/20 health plan that I pay 15% of. I pay 10% of my pay into retirement of which 1.5% goes to the retiree's health care fund. The state matches. I do not pay social security.

OPERS fund current value 75 BILLION dollars

Retiree's health care fund current value 12 BILLION dollars.

I guess I make too much, and our fund is insolvent. Either that or the politicians are plucking liars. (naw couldn't be)

As for teachers, they negotiate with the local school boards. If the boards can't deal then that is on them, and on the voters who put them in.

What the politicians are is (c)punts. Chicken chit plucking cowards. Afraid to cut off the lazy parasites on the tit. Might be called racist if the did. We workers are the only ones they have the balls to vilify.

If "lazy parasites on the tit" are a big problem for unions and leftists then why don't they cut them off? In reality when anyone tries to cut them off its the unions and leftists who whine and complain! LOL.

Anyway, what to "lazy parasites on the tit" have to do with corrupt public employee unions and the Democratic politicians who pander to them? It is a completely separate issue. It is an issue that threatens the financial destruction of our country.

In CA the unfunded public employee retirement obligations are 10 times the state budget and we have a 10 billion dollar deficit. There is no way that we are going to be able to meet these expenses. Furthermore, the cost of public employee unions is eating the basic public services. That is why the state hasn't built enough prisons and is faced with letting out a huge number of prisoners.

It could be that you are still in an entry level position for some reason and that is why you aren't making the big bucks the rest of the state correctional officers get. In California the unions are the largest campaign contributor in the state. Every time they buy an election for the Democrats its feeding time at the trough for the public employee unions. The worst part of this corruption is the support the unions force their members to provide to the progressive fascist Democratic politicians. But we can't afford to allow the public employee unions to be paid off by the politicians they buy. Its time to end this corruption!

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Your plucking problem in CA is you plucking problem. Ain't got a dang thing to do with Ohio, we are solvent and on track.

I'm saying that these governors are (C)punts because they won't attack the real load on the budget, cowards, political puzzies, afraid of being called a racist. When talking budget it's all in the same conversation.

The unions push agendas that are either not the unions business, or actually are bad on it's members. Obama care for example, no advantage to union members. In Ohio there is a large and growing voice within the membership to have the locals get the pluck out of things that do not concern them. Of course corporations support those who serve their needs, don't they.

Those companies who want privatization support the politicians that will give it to them. It doesn't really serve the public good, doesn't save money, just puts it in the right pockets. Anyone who thinks a politician is at all concerned about the public is a frucking fool. Throwing your lot in with any politician, regardless of party, is throwing it in with hogs. Slaughter time I say.

Getting into an exempt position does not require qualification. It requires cronyism, licking azz and sucking (C)rock. Same as what it take to go from field [bleep] to house [bleep]. That is a reason for unions, otherwise the whole system is licking azz and sucking (C)rock. Remember, we don't have a production line, there is little actual measure, other than ones ability to lick azz and suck (C)rock. Upper management is bureaucrats, they got there by licking azz and sucking (C)rock. Dang straight they expect theirs licked and sucked. Not by this hillbilly.

Last edited by crosshair; 06/15/11.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is really awfully simple. Even mind-numb unionists should be able to understand what happened.

The PUBLIC employees are employed by the P U B L I C, and the public has spoken. Get used to real-world pay and bennies, guys, and stop sniveling about getting paid like the rest of us.

I'm self-employed and pay 15% off the top, then pay over $1,350.00/month for health insurance for me and the wife...about 40% of my after-tax income.

Freakin crybabies. smirk

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 204guy, 222ND, 1lessdog, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,499 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,794
Posts18,516,111
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.