Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by Steelhead
It's a city thing, plain and simple. Everything goes, liberal cities are the cancer of many nations.

Right.

Vancouver declared itself a 'nuclear-free-zone', has taxpayer funded heroin injection sites, homosexual pride parades, clogged their downtown by creating bike lanes nobody uses, and wants residents to grow wheat in their front yards.

Then they wonder why these things happen and pretend it was a 'small group of indiciduals'.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jocko_Slugshot
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Yes, they were booing Bettman and they also booed Chara but I don't think he cared much.

I'm not in the least bit surprised by the rioting in Vancouver, i've been reading blogs and Canuck fan websites for the last 2 weeks and the majority of them are arrogant, self centered bastids. I would wish a SC championship for Montreal before I would Vancouver, and as an avid Boston fan, one just doesnt root for the Canadiens.

Still pissed off about 1971, ain't ya? "Save, Dryden"
HA!! I was too young to see that game so why would I care? You from must be from Vancouver huh? lol

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Jocko_Slugshot
Yes, they were booing Bettman and they also booed Chara but I don't think he cared much.

I'm not in the least bit surprised by the rioting in Vancouver, i've been reading blogs and Canuck fan websites for the last 2 weeks and the majority of them are arrogant, self centered bastids. I would wish a SC championship for Montreal before I would Vancouver, and as an avid Boston fan, one just doesnt root for the Canadiens.

Still pissed off about 1971, ain't ya? "Save, Dryden"
HA!! I was too young to see that game so why would I care? You from must be from Vancouver huh? lol

Nope, and I didn't really care who won this year's series.

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Vancouver - the San Francisco of Canada, with just a pinch of L.A. riots thrown in. We probably all have our cities we're no too proud of.

I traveled to Canada for about 8 years, usually once or twice a month. There are certainly two types of people there - city folks and country folks - and the difference between the two is far more dramatic than what I see here in the states. I need to qualify that a bit more - I'm speaking of Vancouver and Montreal, specifically.

Booing our national anthem is no surprise - the hate and envy that you see Brian espouse here is not uncommon in those cities.
From what I've seen of the rural folks, they are rightfully proud and decent. The kind of people you'd love to have your back in a tense situation.

I used to be an avid hockey fan - up until the Blues lost Bret Hull. Hadn't watched a game again until the final game of this series. Interestingly, it was the first hockey game my son and his mother had ever watched. Him at 15 and her at 54, he loved it, her I'm not sure.

Sure a shame to see a team's impressive accomplishment tarnished by fan behavior. Hockey is a tough sport and winning - or getting close to winning - the Stanley Cup is huge.

Gotta love a country that can have both a band and a city named Chilliwack; just a derned shame that large liberal enclaves tarnish the rest of the world.

Last edited by Monkey_Joe; 06/17/11.

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So where is BCBrian? Too embarrassed to show himself after the Bruins whooped up on the Canucks? The few Canuck fans that were here seemed to have vanished.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Some drunken punks burn a police car in Vancouver, Canada, and all the Yankee girls get their panties in a knot. WTF? Let the Canadian courts deal with our criminals, not your business. What I would suggest is your business, do a 180 pirouette, pull your head out and look into the distance. See those hordes crossing the Rio Bravo El Norte, that is your business and your problem, not the best neighbours that anyone in the world could hope to have north of the 49th.

Last edited by n007; 06/17/11.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
They are reporting that a few hundred fans showed at the airport to greet the Bruins, that's shameful right there.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Disgraceful, they don't even care enough to riot.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Hard to riot with a couple hundred fans.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If they had a riot in Boston the city would like the same afterwards.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I heard Shea Weber was seen in Vancouver at Roxys, said what a great atmosphere it was down there. Asked when he was going to come home and play for the Canucks, said something to the effect that wouldn't be long. Being good friends with Hamhuis I can see it happening.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was in Vancouver for the final against the Predtors, watched the game in Smiley's Pub on Pender. After the game we went out for some Thai food up on Burrard and then walked down Granville to the Yale for some blues and pool, it was a great atmosphere and a lot of fun. Weber would be a great additon.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Don't kid yourself, if Lucic could get himself in a Canuck uniform he would be gone in a sec as still calls Vancouver home as well. I mean what did these players think getting off the plane and seeing a couple people hanging around?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Best neighbors? Not all of ya', and certainly not all the time. I've seen more than enough booing of our National Anthem both in pro sports and Olympics, throwing trash at our athletes, and burning our flag to argue your claim. I've been in Canada every year for the last 52, and the last 10 of them have been pretty damn cold, and I'm not talking temperature.
Rural folks are mostly OK up there, but your cities suck every bit as much if not a lot more than ours.
Just this 'Yankee's' opinion, of course....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by byc

If anyone wonders what SHTF actually looks like, the pictures in that link will give you a very good idea.

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by n007
Some drunken punks burn a police car in Vancouver, Canada, and all the Yankee girls get their panties in a knot. WTF? Let the Canadian courts deal with our criminals, not your business. What I would suggest is your business, do a 180 pirouette, pull your head out and look into the distance. See those hordes crossing the Rio Bravo El Norte, that is your business and your problem, not the best neighbours that anyone in the world could hope to have north of the 49th.

Oh, I see. It's ok for many Canadians to criticize us in the U.S. but the reverse is not allowed according to you? Sorry bud, you guys have your problems also and we will comment on them whenever and however we want. Deal with it.

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by n007

I think half the comments here are really meant to take a dig at BCBrian ... you know, that liberal smarmy sack of chit who misses no opportunity to start a thread meant to take a potshot at Americans and conservatives in the truest spirit of being a troll. No country, state, town, etc., has a monopoly on stupid.

I've worked with Canucks who were great, and I've worked with ones that were plain azzhats who carried a chip on their shoulder towards America. But then, I've worked with good and bad fellow Texans too. The "We like us best" syndrome is alive and well everywhere. It's rather annoying to travel to another country or state and have the locals predisposed against you from the getgo, based soley on where you are from. I don't see it changing anytime soon though. When I experience that I know the caliber of such folks isn't much.

On another note, I couldn't help but notice that a lot of the photos and vids of the rioters showed lots of young white punks with baggy azzed pants doing the "gangsta" or "homey" hand signs and gestures. Every parent who allows their progeny to emulate monkeys needs beotch slapping just as bad as those engaged in the riots.

Last edited by Gringo Loco; 06/17/11.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think I've figured out why BCBrian isn't here yet. He's nursing an injury caused by a flash bang grenade. grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DiVW8ohIiM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by redmtn
I mean what did these players think getting off the plane and seeing a couple people hanging around?

How about "I'm glad OUR fans aren't burning the city down."?

If you honestly believe there isn't going to be a knock down drag out party in Boston you are seriously in denial.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Well I should hope cause so far its been quite a embarrassment.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

215 members (320090T, 17CalFan, 1OntarioJim, 30incher, 22 invisible), 1,231 guests, and 988 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,980
Posts18,519,942
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.