Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Well schitthead, I grew up on a dairy farm myself. Three of them as a matter of fact, as both of my grandfathers were dairy farmers too. Somehow my brothers and I managed to shoot all manner of vermin with shotguns, rimfire and centerfire rifles,in the direct vicinity of livestock without hitting any with ricocheting bullets or spooking them with the noise. We used to blast pigeons in the barnyard with 12 gauge shotguns while cattle milled about within feet totally unconcerned. The only time I found an air rifle more suitable for vermin control around the farm was for shooting pigeons out of the hay loft without punching holes in the roof.

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Well schitthead, I grew up on a dairy farm myself. Three of them as a matter of fact, as both of my grandfathers were dairy farmers too. Somehow my brothers and I managed to shoot all manner of vermin with shotguns, rimfire and centerfire rifles,in the direct vicinity of livestock without hitting any with ricocheting bullets or spooking them with the noise. We used to blast pigeons in the barnyard with 12 gauge shotguns while cattle milled about within feet totally unconcerned. The only time I found an air rifle more suitable for vermin control around the farm was for shooting pigeons out of the hay loft without punching holes in the roof.

Like I said, it's not 1950 anymore. The nation is a bit more crowded. Do those same things today and you'd get a visit from the sheriff.

As far as you calling me a "schithead" you CERTAINLY fit that bill as well as being a near total DUMBASS on the subject of modern airguns,.

Maybe you should take your ignorance based anti-airgun bias to another forum. It does not play well here with folks who actually LIVE in 2011 and have experience with air rifles made past 1980.

Last edited by jim62; 09/17/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Back to quality pellets, Please?

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Yeah, I'm anti airgun mr. genius. That's why I currently own 8 of them and have probably owned another dozen over the years. I still live and hunt in the same places I did back in the 1970's. No sheriff's were ever called for discharging firearms in those area's then or now so I'll continue to hunt with them in preference to any airgun.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Yeah, I'm anti airgun mr. genius. That's why I currently own 8 of them and have probably owned another dozen over the years.

Every rifle you mention owning is at least a 30+ year old designs/performance level.

I doubt you've EVER even fired a modern shrouded PCP airgun, which is why you come up with retarded statements like this about the new Maurader-

I never could see spending that much on an air rifle when you can buy a .22 rimfire that will shoot MOA for less.

or this-

An air rifle is a backyard plinker to me and I have little use for one beyond that.

Looks pretty "anti airgun" to me.

And shows an INCREDIBLE amount of ignorance of designs now available.

Anyone who thinks they are all "backyard plinkers" is too stupid to even be posting on this forum.

Last edited by jim62; 09/18/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I don't give a damn how quiet your marauder is. It still shoots a 14.5 gr. pellet at subsonic velocity and is a goddam toy compared to even the .22 LR. when it comes to range and killing power. Furthermore I ain't too impressed with a 300.00 rifle that needs to be charged from a seperate, inconvenient contraptiion like a scuba tank or pump just to produce those miraculous .5" 50 yard groups you keep bragging on. Woopty friggin' doo ! I've got a 149.00 Marlin .22 that will group under .5" all day long from 50 yards and it'll flatten small game at twice that distance with ease. It doesn't require any costly, ungainly charging contraptions to do it, doesn't have any seals to leak or be replaced every few years and I can buy good, accurate ammo for it at a number of local stores. To sum up, I've owned, shot and researched the field of air rifles very, very thoroughly over the years. I've kept abreast of all the latest developments and there still isn't anything out there that will keep up with the powder burners when it comes to convenient,practical,economical, hassle free hunting.You can sing the praises of your impractical toys all you want but it won't change the fact that that's what they are and I cant help it if you're too stupid to see that. When they come up with a repeating air rifle that will launch a 40 grain hollow point bullet at 1300-2000 fps., weighs less than 6.5 lb., needs no outside charging contraptions, costs less than 400.00 and will group under .5" at 50 yards with ammo I can find at most any gun shop maybe I'll change my mind.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I don't give a damn how quiet your marauder is. It still shoots a 14.5 gr. pellet at subsonic velocity and is a goddam toy compared to even the .22 LR. when it comes to range and killing power. Furthermore I ain't too impressed with a 300.00 rifle that needs to be charged from a seperate, inconvenient contraptiion like a scuba tank or pump just to produce those miraculous .5" 50 yard groups you keep bragging on. Woopty friggin' doo ! I've got a 149.00 Marlin .22 that will group under .5" all day long from 50 yards and it'll flatten small game at twice that distance with ease. It doesn't require any costly, ungainly charging contraptions to do it, doesn't have any seals to leak or be replaced every few years and I can buy good, accurate ammo for it at a number of local stores. To sum up, I've owned, shot and researched the field of air rifles very, very thoroughly over the years. I've kept abreast of all the latest developments and there still isn't anything out there that will keep up with the powder burners when it comes to convenient,practical,economical, hassle free hunting.You can sing the praises of your impractical toys all you want but it won't change the fact that that's what they are and I cant help it if you're too stupid to see that. When they come up with a repeating air rifle that will launch a 40 grain hollow point bullet at 1300-2000 fps., weighs less than 6.5 lb., needs no outside charging contraptions, costs less than 400.00 and will group under .5" at 50 yards with ammo I can find at most any gun shop maybe I'll change my mind.

You can rant all you want idiot, but just because a gun is more powderful does not make it more effective. If that was the case ,you should do all your hunting with a .458 win mag.

And BTW dummy, unless your powder guns have on board ammunition making facilities , your powder guns are as dependent on outside ammunition sources as any airgun is.

Your dumb little rant shows you have not a CLUE about modern airguns. Like I said you have nothing to offer this forum except stupid Bullschit.

I'll tell you what, [bleep].

Sit in a chair at 50 yards and let someone with a good .22 PCP rifle and plant a 21g Kodiak pellet between your eyes cruising at 800 FPS. Then you' see what a "toy" it is.
The problem is, you'd be too dead to see the results.

But, the upside is none of us would have to read any more of your asinine drivel..

Last edited by jim62; 09/18/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I know what a 21 grain pellet can do at 730 fps. [bleep]. That's how fast they go out of my steroid Benjamin 392 and they're pitifully lacking in both trajectory and killing power compared to a .22 rimfire. Another 70 fps isn't going to turn them into a .22 LR you goddam stupid retard. I can buy .22 LR's at my local gunshop 3 miles up the road. I'd have to drive 40 miles to get a scuba tank refilled you ignorant lout. Furthermore I have no desire to cart a friggin' scuba tank or hand/foot pump around the woods if I might want to shoot more than the air reservoir will hold. No thank's Mr. dumbphuck, I'll just stick a couple extra boxes of .22's in my game vest if you don't mind {and tough schit if you do you stupid asswhole}. I'll just leave the air rifles to backyard plinking and birdfeeder patrol duties where experience has proven they serve me best. You haven't a [bleep] clue what species I hunt or under what conditions so you are completely unqualified to tell me what kind of rifle is best for the job. Now have a coke and a smile and [bleep] yourself very much dickhead !

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I know what a 21 grain pellet can do at 730 fps. [bleep]. That's how fast they go out of my steroid Benjamin 392 and they're pitifully lacking in both trajectory and killing power compared to a .22 LR. Another 70 fps isn't going to turn them into a .22 LR you goddam stupid retard. I can buy .22 LR's at my local gunshop 3 miles up the road. I'd have to drive 40 miles to get a scuba tank refilled you ignorant lout. Either that or cart a friggin' hand/foot pump around the woods if I might want to shoot more than the air reservoir will hold. No thank's Mr. dumbphuck, I'd rather just stick a couple extra boxes of .22's in my game vest if you don't mind {and tough schit if you do you stupid asswhole}. I'll just leave the air rifles to backyard plinking and birdfeeder patrol duties where experience has shown they serve me best.

No need to drive down the road for a scuba fill. Handpumps work just fine with the Marauders. 2 pumps for each full power shot vs 8 to 10 for your 1950s technology Benjamin.

And a Marauder with sling a 21g Kodiak quite a bit faster than a Benjamin and a hell of a lot quieter and more accurately.

Also the Benjamin of yours is a single shot. The Marauder has ten shot magazines and will fire three of them at full power on a fill.

The fact yo even COMPARE your loud old Benjamin to a silenced clip fed Marauder tells me you have your head SO far up your dumb arse you should not even be posting here.

To all gunmaker critics-
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by jim62
I know what a 21 grain pellet can do at 730 fps. [bleep]. That's how fast they go out of my steroid Benjamin 392 and they're pitifully lacking in both trajectory and killing power compared to a .22 LR. Another 70 fps isn't going to turn them into a .22 LR you goddam stupid retard. I can buy .22 LR's at my local gunshop 3 miles up the road. I'd have to drive 40 miles to get a scuba tank refilled you ignorant lout. Either that or cart a friggin' hand/foot pump around the woods if I might want to shoot more than the air reservoir will hold. No thank's Mr. dumbphuck, I'd rather just stick a couple extra boxes of .22's in my game vest if you don't mind {and tough schit if you do you stupid asswhole}. I'll just leave the air rifles to backyard plinking and birdfeeder patrol duties where experience has shown they serve me best.

No need to drive down the road for a scuba fill. Handpumps work just fine with the Marauders. 2 pumps for each full power shot vs 8 to 10 for your 1950s technology Benjamin.

And a Marauder with sling a 21g Kodiak quite a bit faster than a Benjamin and a hell of a lot quieter and more accurately.

Also the Benjamin of yours is a single shot. The Marauder has ten shot magazines and will fire three of them at full power on a fill.

The fact yo even COMPARE your loud old Benjamin to a silenced clip fed Marauder tells me you have your head SO far up your dumb arse you should not even be posting here.
Wow, 30 shots on a fill ! Woops I already knew that mr. head up your ass. And HOW MANY TIMES do you have to be told that noise isn't an issue with me you stupid schitt ? Do you have a reading comprehension disability or are you just a dumbass by preference ? And it's pretty damned obvious you don't know a damn thing about steroid Benjamins from your post so why don't you just STFU about things you are ignorant of ? You obviously don't have any business even posting in this thread !

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Wow, 30 shots on a fill ! Woops I already knew that mr. head up your ass. And HOW MANY TIMES do you have to be told that noise isn't an issue with me you stupid schitt ? Do you have a reading comprehension disability or are you just a dumbass by preference ? And it's pretty damned obvious you don't know a damn thing about steroid Benjamins from your post so why don't you just STFU about things you are ignorant of ? You obviously don't have any business even posting in this thread !

You only get ONE shot with a Benjamin pumper and then have to pump it up another 8 to ten times to shoot it again! And a steroid conversion does NOT fix that, dummy. wink

Even a Steroid modified Benjamin is a joke in terms of speed to a Marauder with the same pellets. And accuracy as well. Not to mention damn loud.

Plus no way to scope a Benjamin pumper conveniently or solidly. No follow up shots. No way to moderate the sound.

But then again it's YOU who talk about rifles you have never even shot, Cretin.

Argue with someone else, you senile old moron..Your pathetic "experience" with airguns does not amount to much in 2011.

Last edited by jim62; 09/19/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Look dumbass, I never said my steroid Benjamin was the last word in airguns {but then neither is your marauder} but it does chrono 730 with 21 gr. Kodiaks, 840 with 14.5 gr RWS superdomes and 630 with 29 gr Eun-Jins. Not far behind your Marauder according to your posted figure but also not quite equal to a friggin' CB cap, which I don't consider much of a hunting round. And WTH is it with you and your "noise" ? Do you have tender wittle ear dwums ? Quit hunting over your neighbors bird feeders, get out of the city limits and you won't have to worry about it so much.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Look dumbass, I never said my steroid Benjamin was the last word in airguns {but then neither is your marauder} but it does chrono 730 with 21 gr. Kodiaks, 840 with 14.5 gr RWS superdomes and 630 with 29 gr Eun-Jins. Not far behind your Marauder according to your posted figure but also not quite equal to a friggin' CB cap, which I don't consider much of a hunting round. And WTH is it with you and your "noise" ? Do you have tender wittle ear dwums ? Quit hunting over your neighbors bird feeders, get out of the city limits and you won't have to worry about it so much.

Noise is important.

90 DB for a .22 cal Marauder is defacto SILENT in most surroundings.

A Benjamin that has been steroided is as loud as any 22LR subsonic round. Actually, a bit louder.

If you cannot figure out the importance of that in a crowded world, then I can't help you. In your case, you can't fix stupid.

Stay in 1959 where you belong and leave discussions of shooting in 2011 to folks who actually own modern airguns

To all gunmaker critics-
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
It ain't crowded where I live and hunt in 2011. I just can't fathom how incredibly STUPID you must be not to be able to grasp that concept !

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
It ain't crowded where I live and hunt in 2011. I just can't fathom how incredibly STUPID you must be not to be able to grasp that concept !

Good for you.

And your specific needs don't run the world.

Your statements about airguns only being backyard plinkers or Marauders being some sort of a ripoff show the incredibly ignorant, myopic world view you have.

To all gunmaker critics-
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

Your statements about airguns only being backyard plinkers or Marauders being some sort of a ripoff show the incredibly ignorant, myopic world view you have.
Neither do yours city slicker. I said airguns were backyard plinkers and not serious hunters TO ME retard. Your lack of understanding here leaves NO DOUBT that your IQ is somewhat lacking in comparison to an opossum !

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Neither do yours city slicker. I said airguns were backyard plinkers and not serious hunters TO ME retard. Your lack of understanding here leaves NO DOUBT that your IQ is somewhat lacking in comparison to an opossum !

I'm not a city slicker, jackazz. I come from a long line of farmers and ranchers. I have probably worked more cattle in my lifetime than you have ever seen.

I am also smart enough not to pretend my needs cancel out those of others,nor condemn guns which I have never owned.

All of which you are guilty of here.

Frankly , based on your posts here, an opossum would be a Rhoades' scholar next to you.

To all gunmaker critics-
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I am also smart enough not to pretend my needs cancel out those of others,nor condemn guns which I have never owned.

You don't know what airguns I've owned or have experience with jackazz ! And anyone who thinks airguns fit "the needs" of the majority of small game/varmint hunters is delusional and definitely in the minority. No ? Then why the hell do they sell rimfire rifles and ammunition by the millions in every gun/sport shop in the country while "quality hunting air rifles" and pellets are so few and far between that they generally need to be ordered ? Expensive, impractical, rich boy toys is what they are and their hunting applications are somewhat limited due to being generally cumbersome in physical size and/or operation { seperate hand pumps, scuba tanks} and lacking in power and range in comparison to firearms.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

You don't know what airguns I've owned or have experience with jackazz !

I KNOW from your incredibly ignorant posts about them you've never even FIRED a fully shrouded PCP or a Marauder.

Hell, I doubt you've even HANDLED a Marauder.

Your ignorance about them has shown in every post you've made.

BTW, being called a "jackazz" by someone of your "stature" here is a true compliment.

GFY. wink

Last edited by jim62; 09/19/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
And I know from your incredibly ignorant posts that you know next to nothing about a steroid Benjamin. No ? Then why don't you know how many pumps it takes to reach maximum power with a steroid gun and why don't you know that one of the features offered by Mac1 is cutting dovetail slots in the receiver to facilitate solid, convenient scope mounting Mr. airgun expert ? What a [bleep]' ignorant moron !

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,580 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,576
Posts18,492,035
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.