Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
I went to pay the county/city taxes on my truck this morning and instead of going to the tax office, I tried to pay at the local bank they have contracted to handle payments.

They asked for my SSN.

I told them they didn't need it.

They explained that because I wasn't presenting a check but was paying in cash that their policy required a social security number.

So I went to pay at the tax office.

1. This amounts to using the ssn as a national ID card.
2. The local SS office had no clue what I was asking when I called them.

I never voted for anything like this. How do the people of America get back their national heritage and stop this lunacy of erosion of rights by the leftists?

When a column of troops under Lt. Col. Francis Smith moved into the countryside to collect arms and munitions gathered by the patriot militia, hostilities erupted at Lexington and Concord on Apr. 19, 1775.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
you should have told them you are from Mexico and Illegal and then they wouldn't be allowed to ask you for personal information.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Good luck but I hear you. I refused to give em SS number on renewing my DRIVERS LICENSE>.... seems the state passed some law.... RE child support and so on.

Forget that the SS card wasn't ever supposed to be used for ID....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
After 9/11, it was called The Patriot Act.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Up until a couple of years ago it was right on your Virginia Drivers License as your DL number. In fact, I think it's still an option.

TBJ what was the outcome? Did they take the money?

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B2

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
They don't require the ssn at the tax office and it's better to pay there anyway because they give you the license plate sticker on the spot.

The manager there was also upset that the bank required ssn to do one of their transactions and was going to ask the tax assessor about it.

It's like all our rights - THEY are usurping them as surreptitiously and gradually as they can - history shows the Nazis did the same thing and by the time the populace figured it out it was too late.

When a column of troops under Lt. Col. Francis Smith moved into the countryside to collect arms and munitions gathered by the patriot militia, hostilities erupted at Lexington and Concord on Apr. 19, 1775.

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
After 9/11, it was called The Patriot Act.

there it is.

there are provisions in there to require a SSN on pretty much anything relating to money.

also, many states have instituted a requirement for SSN on file for any and all manner of things (IIRC to track criminal records and child support) including:

-DL lic
-Professional/ trade lic
-biz lic
-hunting/fishing lic

et al

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
South Dakota wants a social security or driver's license number for lots of transactions. It's part of interstate enforcement of child support to which the South Dakota legislature agreed. Well worth the minimal intrusion I think.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by rost495
Good luck but I hear you. I refused to give em SS number on renewing my DRIVERS LICENSE>.... seems the state passed some law.... RE child support and so on.

Forget that the SS card wasn't ever supposed to be used for ID....

Yeah, well I was told I wouldn't be sold a non-resident FISHING LICENSE without one in your fair state. I gave them one. Whose, I have no idea, but I gave them one...

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Way to go LOL

Light will destroy the lies
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Good for you. I'll remember that trick next time I'm asked for one.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
When I got my first EPA HVAC technician certification card (another rant for another day), the number was a combination of my birthdate and ss number. When we started having to fill out paperwork every time we used refrigerant, I had to pay $20 to get them to issue me a generic number.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

327 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12savage, 1beaver_shooter, 46 invisible), 1,830 guests, and 1,114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,036
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.