Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Well, nobody is ever going to accuse Mike of playing footsy, or mincing words, ....are they ?

The Reverend Martin is to be thanked for bringing this excellent piece up at right EXACTLY this time in American History.

What a dynamic and conflicted age we're living in,....here's some PROOF of that.

GTC

Link: http://www.examiner.com/conservativ...ill-kill-you?CID=examiner_alerts_article

"If you try to take our firearms, we will kill you"

June 28, 2011 3:04 pm ET

Anthony Martin

In the continually developing scandal revolving around the Holder Justice Department and its Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (known as the ATF or BATFE), it has become clear that the government concocted a scheme to run U.S. guns into Mexico in order to prop up its false contention that 'U.S. guns are arming the drug cartels.' It has also become clear that the government intends to use the bogus figures resulting from the illegal gun running scheme to make a case for draconian new gun control measures.

However, even now, after ATF whistleblowers put their lives on the line to expose the plot, after a ton of evidence has surfaced that implicates persons at the very top of the ATF and even the DOJ, and after it has been shown that at least 2 cold-blooded murders were committed with the very guns the ATF placed into the hands of the cartels, some 'journalists' still don't get it.

One such journalist, writing for the Miami Herald, placed the blame for Mexican gun violence squarely on 'deadly U.S. guns' and proceeded to call for gun bans.

Such a statement merely follows the script set by the ATF and DOJ brain trust when 'Project Gunwalker' or 'Gunrunner,' or as it is known in ATF circles, 'Operation Fast and Furious,' was first envisioned. Thus, the journalist is now merely nothing more than a mouthpiece and a patsy for the criminals in the Justice Department who implemented this dastardly deceptive plot.

Blogger Mike Vanderboegh, one of the 2 who first broke this story, fired off a letter in response to the Miami Herald article, in which he made it crystal clear that gun owners have no intention of allowing another round of gun bans, particularly not as a result of government treachery.

In response to a question one reporter asked him concerning gun control, Vanderboegh replied, 'If you try to take our firearms, we will kill you.'

Vanderboegh goes further to delineate the firmly held convictions of today's gun owners, who intend to remain firm in their resistance to government tyranny:

There are a considerable number of Americans -- well armed Americans -- who will not obey any further restrictions on our God-given, natural and inalienable rights when it comes to firearms. If, as I believe, that number amounts to a mere three percent of American firearm owners, that means you'll have to kill three million of us in a bloody civil war to achieve what you want. That doesn't count all the tyrannical, gun-grabbing sonsabitches that we'll be forced to kill in righteous self-defense before we meet our Maker, and you should know that we intend -- and have the skills and the means -- to make that more than a one-to-one ratio. The pile of bodies of the next American civil war that you unthinkingly advocate would be in the millions, and we'd almost certainly win anyway, simply because our will to live free is greater than yours to oppress us.

Please, do not extrapolate from your own cowardice. You think that if you convince the federal government to carry out your policy that we'll just meekly submit, because you cannot conceive of resisting yourself. We, on the other hand, have principles that we are willing to die for. Unfortunately for some, that means we are willing to kill in defense of those principles as well.

Lest the pinheaded minions of the 'submit to the law no matter what' crowd view Vanderboegh's statement as 'proof' that he advocates a violent revolution, he has stated on numerous occasions that gun owners are smart enough not to instigate any such course of action. If the first shot is fired, it will have to come from government oppressors bent on forcing citizens into submission. But at that point, average Americans who are now armed to the hilt, especially since 2007, will fight back, and that will result in a bloody rampage that nobody wants.

Be sure to catch my blog at The Liberty Sphere.

Visit my ministry site at Martin Christian Ministries.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
A beginning of the second Revolutionary War? I wonder if his estimate that 3 percent of gun owners would fight is correct?
I think that in order to put up an effective fight "the people" would need to organize in advance.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EWY
A beginning of the second Revolutionary War? I wonder if his estimate that 3 percent of gun owners would fight is correct?
I think that in order to put up an effective fight "the people" would need to organize in advance.

Ernie

People do not need to organize. Organizing will get you killed faster than anything. Spontaneous combustion is what's needed.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Don't worry, when it happens all the usual suspects on here will take the government line hook, line, and sinker and then they will trumpet it loudly on here and other places denouncing the "kooks" who went down in a blaze of futility wearing their tinfoil hats. Then, they'll write some platitude about America being "...the most free country in the world" as they advise you to quit worrying so much because the next election will put a Republican in there and everything will be alright.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That about sums it up. Couldn't agree more.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Amazingly insightful post.

No, wait , You are s'posed to be wise.grin

Now I'm unamazed.

And in full agreement.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
The reference to "3 percenter's" is that was the estimated amount of our populous that originally rose up against the British. Look what that created.
Steve

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It was three percent of the population that were the backbone of the American Revolution.

Think about that for a bit.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think Joe's point is that the 3% would not include the ones on here who make the most noise about resisting.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Boolitshooter
The reference to "3 percenter's" is that was the estimated amount of our populous that originally rose up against the British. Look what that created.
Steve

Shhh

There's a britt sitting next to me right now...

Went down to High Falls ( Rochester, ny) last night after an hour in Dinosaur and he was reading the plaques describing the erie canal, Washington defeating the Indians ( Seneca) and the Britts kicking ass on the French aholes who were here in ~ 1821...

At least the Britts whooped on the French before we sent the Britt's home....lol

I think the "quiet gun owners" will stand firm, if needed. Hopefully we can keep our Military from actions at home, but I also suspect many of our young hero's won't fire a shot against our citizens just because the president says to.

Another chance to thank our Veterans, current and with past service..... For allowing us the freedoms to speak our minds...

Allen

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I think Joe's point is that the 3% would not include the ones on here who make the most noise about resisting.

It is the quiet ones ya have to watch out for. Always was, always will be.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

In response to a question one reporter asked him concerning gun control, Vanderboegh replied, 'If you try to take our firearms, we will kill you.'

Vanderboegh goes further to delineate the firmly held convictions of today's gun owners, who intend to remain firm in their resistance to government tyranny:

There are a considerable number of Americans -- well armed Americans -- who will not obey any further restrictions on our God-given, natural and inalienable rights when it comes to firearms. If, as I believe, that number amounts to a mere three percent of American firearm owners, that means you'll have to kill three million of us in a bloody civil war to achieve what you want. That doesn't count all the tyrannical, gun-grabbing sonsabitches that we'll be forced to kill in righteous self-defense before we meet our Maker, and you should know that we intend -- and have the skills and the means -- to make that more than a one-to-one ratio. The pile of bodies of the next American civil war that you unthinkingly advocate would be in the millions, and we'd almost certainly win anyway, simply because our will to live free is greater than yours to oppress us.

Please, do not extrapolate from your own cowardice. You think that if you convince the federal government to carry out your policy that we'll just meekly submit, because you cannot conceive of resisting yourself. We, on the other hand, have principles that we are willing to die for. Unfortunately for some, that means we are willing to kill in defense of those principles as well.

Excuse me for responding without having read the rest of the thread...but I find this kind of this refreshing in the EXTREME...its about time somebody quit pussy-footing around the big issue and tells it like it is...

This OP gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling....Thank You for that!

It reminds me of a discussion a bud and I were having during the dark Clinton Years...
he said " what we need is a bunch of old pharts who just don't give a schitt anymore..."

I quickly pointed out to him.." We ARE a bunch of old pharts who just don't give a schitt anymore...."

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by hemiallen
Another chance to thank our Veterans, current and with past service..... For allowing us the freedoms to speak our minds...

Allen

And also thank our forefathers who made The Republic and bravely stood for this great nation. They have passed the torch to us.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
the leaders of the liberals have written that they would need to kill about 18 million of us americans to effect true and lasting democratic change

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nobody would be killing anybody.

It would be done incrementally, slowly restricting ammunition, gun sales. Outlawing certain models but "grandfathering" those alread out there. Soft registration at time of sale or transfer.

This generation would clung to their guns fiercely, but with restrictions on travel/places to shoot wouldn't get to use them much.

The next generation would inherit grandpa's guns but, ya know what, they could get in trouble for 'em and they didn't shoot much when they were younger anyhow.

Law becomes culture, this has happened in every state and nation where restrictive gun laws are passed. Pretty soon them kids are thinking they would be nuts to keep grandpas guns, expecially as they risk a felony.

Just give a constant amnesty for turn ins and the supply of guns out there trends steadily downwards.

Nary a shot fired, jsut takes 40 years to get most of 'em is all.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ingwe

Excuse me for responding without having read the rest of the thread...but I find this kind of this refreshing in the EXTREME...its about time somebody quit pussy-footing around the big issue and tells it like it is...

This OP gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling....Thank You for that!

It reminds me of a discussion a bud and I were having during the dark Clinton Years...
he said " what we need is a bunch of old pharts who just don't give a schitt anymore..."

I quickly pointed out to him.." We ARE a bunch of old pharts who just don't give a schitt anymore...."

An awful LOT of folks just don't understand that there still remain vast, deep, and tranquil pools of what I'd call "American Certitude".

Washed and refreshed in these waters of liberty , we can calmly, unabashedly, and yes,...with CERTITUDE, make the comment per the OP.

I'm SO glad I was brought up that way.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BW, I could not agree more. But the key is ammo and primers. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

An awful LOT of folks just don't understand that there still remain vast, deep, and tranquil pools of what I'd call "American Certitude".

Washed and refreshed in these waters of liberty , we can calmly, unabashedly, and yes,...with CERTITUDE, make the comment per the OP.

I'm SO glad I was brought up that way.

GTC

I was brought up that way too...by a father who fought through Europe in WWII and saw first hand what happens to an oppressed, unarmed populace. It was instilled in me early that Absolutely Nothing is more important than to remain armed as a citizenry....Repeat... nothing....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
"armed as a citizenry"

Nice word picture that.

Than of course there's those that spit out the word "Citizen" as though it's a slur.

WATCH them.

GTC

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I agree that the vast majority of the 3% will not utter a word until lead starts flying. To pick a side, if anyone comes for my guns I'm relatively certain I'll die, but I'll kill more than one of them...a lot more. My dad was an avid collector, shooter and hunter. He made sure we understood the tool first, and then what it represented. He's in an Alzheimer's ward now, and I'm thankful only that he doesn't have to see this renegade government taking what he fought for apart, piece by piece.

You try to take my guns and I will kill you.

I'm proud to be in the 3%.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (007FJ, 1800topsoil, 160user, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 66 invisible), 2,562 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,687
Posts18,494,053
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.