-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
This all reminds me of a campfire conversation I had in Zimbabwe ten years ago with a couple PHs and a dude from NJ...when the topic came up he asked " What would you do?"

I just said " The war will start on my porch...."

He thought I was nuts..he had " too much to lose..." a business and a family....

I could only tell him, I promise if you dont do it, they'll drag your family out to the nearest alley and systematically put a bullet behind their ears...

Last edited by ingwe; 06/28/11.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

In response to a question one reporter asked him concerning gun control, Vanderboegh replied, 'If you try to take our firearms, we will kill you.'

Vanderboegh goes further to delineate the firmly held convictions of today's gun owners, who intend to remain firm in their resistance to government tyranny:

There are a considerable number of Americans -- well armed Americans -- who will not obey any further restrictions on our God-given, natural and inalienable rights when it comes to firearms. If, as I believe, that number amounts to a mere three percent of American firearm owners, that means you'll have to kill three million of us in a bloody civil war to achieve what you want. That doesn't count all the tyrannical, gun-grabbing sonsabitches that we'll be forced to kill in righteous self-defense before we meet our Maker, and you should know that we intend -- and have the skills and the means -- to make that more than a one-to-one ratio. The pile of bodies of the next American civil war that you unthinkingly advocate would be in the millions, and we'd almost certainly win anyway, simply because our will to live free is greater than yours to oppress us.

Please, do not extrapolate from your own cowardice. You think that if you convince the federal government to carry out your policy that we'll just meekly submit, because you cannot conceive of resisting yourself. We, on the other hand, have principles that we are willing to die for. Unfortunately for some, that means we are willing to kill in defense of those principles as well.

Excuse me for responding without having read the rest of the thread...but I find this kind of this refreshing in the EXTREME...its about time somebody quit pussy-footing around the big issue and tells it like it is...

This OP gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling....Thank You for that!

It reminds me of a discussion a bud and I were having during the dark Clinton Years...
he said " what we need is a bunch of old pharts who just don't give a schitt anymore..."

I quickly pointed out to him.." We ARE a bunch of old pharts who just don't give a schitt anymore...."

Yup. Never underestimate the power of anger and and nothing left to lose.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe_redux
Don't worry, when it happens all the usual suspects on here will take the government line hook, line, and sinker and then they will trumpet it loudly on here and other places denouncing the "kooks" who went down in a blaze of futility wearing their tinfoil hats. Then, they'll write some platitude about America being "...the most free country in the world" as they advise you to quit worrying so much because the next election will put a Republican in there and everything will be alright.

Some of the best shots I ever met were cynical like you.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Nobody would be killing anybody.

It would be done incrementally, slowly restricting ammunition, gun sales. Outlawing certain models but "grandfathering" those alread out there. Soft registration at time of sale or transfer.

This generation would clung to their guns fiercely, but with restrictions on travel/places to shoot wouldn't get to use them much.

The next generation would inherit grandpa's guns but, ya know what, they could get in trouble for 'em and they didn't shoot much when they were younger anyhow.

Law becomes culture, this has happened in every state and nation where restrictive gun laws are passed. Pretty soon them kids are thinking they would be nuts to keep grandpas guns, expecially as they risk a felony.

Just give a constant amnesty for turn ins and the supply of guns out there trends steadily downwards.

Nary a shot fired, jsut takes 40 years to get most of 'em is all.

Birdwatcher

I doubt that will fly in the US of A, least ways where I been hangin'...

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Steve,

The anger has been brewing since clinton disgraced the Office of the President of the United States, and, as Rush puts it so well, his (any liberal) willing accomplices in the media. The 1994 crime bill that targeted a type of shooter, not any type of weapon. Now, hussein, who openly hates this country and the principles it was founded on. All propagated and amplified by the lap dogs in the media. I find myself so angry sometimes I have to stop what I'm doing and take several deep breaths, count to 100, and hope my anger subsides. So far, that's worked. One day, if things don�t change course radically back to our constitutional roots, my anger won�t subside. I fear for my family on that day. I can only hope that it coincides with the door splintering open in the middle of the night..

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by derby_dude
People do not need to organize. Organizing will get you killed faster than anything. Spontaneous combustion is what's needed.

That would be the mother of all insurgencies.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Originally Posted by derby_dude
People do not need to organize. Organizing will get you killed faster than anything. Spontaneous combustion is what's needed.

That would be the mother of all insurgencies.

That would be wouldn't it. smile

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
I agree that the vast majority of the 3% will not utter a word until lead starts flying. To pick a side, if anyone comes for my guns I'm relatively certain I'll die, but I'll kill more than one of them...a lot more. My dad was an avid collector, shooter and hunter. He made sure we understood the tool first, and then what it represented. He's in an Alzheimer's ward now, and I'm thankful only that he doesn't have to see this renegade government taking what he fought for apart, piece by piece.

You try to take my guns and I will kill you.

I'm proud to be in the 3%.

You better not let Drag-Queen1960 hear ya' talkin' like that,....I can't even talk about shooting arsonists around here, without getting a ration of chit.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

An awful LOT of folks just don't understand that there still remain vast, deep, and tranquil pools of what I'd call "American Certitude".

Washed and refreshed in these waters of liberty , we can calmly, unabashedly, and yes,...with CERTITUDE, make the comment per the OP.

I'm SO glad I was brought up that way.

GTC

One of the most poetic and true things I have read in my ten short years here at the Campfire.

Looks like I could go down along with a lot of good company.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
If they can take away your gun rights, they can take away all the others too. It happened in Europe in the 1930's & 40's.

[Linked Image]

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
To hussien, we're ALL "fly over" country and people. We don't matter, because we don't know what's really good for us; we need that nappy-headed, jug-eared treasonist, treacherous, community-organizer to tell us.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
I agree that the vast majority of the 3% will not utter a word until lead starts flying. To pick a side, if anyone comes for my guns I'm relatively certain I'll die, but I'll kill more than one of them...a lot more. My dad was an avid collector, shooter and hunter. He made sure we understood the tool first, and then what it represented. He's in an Alzheimer's ward now, and I'm thankful only that he doesn't have to see this renegade government taking what he fought for apart, piece by piece.

You try to take my guns and I will kill you.

I'm proud to be in the 3%.

You better not let Drag-Queen1960 hear ya' talkin' like that,....I can't even talk about shooting arsonists around here, without getting a ration of chit.

GTC

Hunter 1960 better pray he's not the among the hit-team sent to my house.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This ain't Europe. Tryin' to figure out how to do that skeleton hand in the sand with this one....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
It's nice to know that there are still folks left in this country that value freedom......

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ml Garand. 100m.prone
[Linked Image]

I know a thing or three about violence

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Er,....all the "Kevlar" in the world is not going to mitigate the impact involved there,....is it ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
All I can say is if they come at me dressed as tuna cans they are goners! wink

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nope. Three shots too. I have a supply of M63

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's a shootin iron! What is it?

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T LEE

It is the quiet ones ya have to watch out for. Always was, always will be.

Yep.

The ones who bark the loudest usually have the smallest bite.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 1234, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 2,385 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,659
Posts18,493,546
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.