Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JBabcock
Wow, what an interesting and informative read. And to think I was just searching Norinco. So is this Bricktop dude really Big Stick?
No, when Big Stick was being an A-hole, he was usually rather clever with his turns of phrase. It was entertaining for a few minutes, then you realize he was just an a-hole.

I've asked Bricktop to stop being a jerk and just be a regular guy and come back to the handgun forum.

GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
have to say if he leaves won't miss him but he does have some good info and normally a good gun knowledge

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
While I have not always agreed with Bricktop he has provided some extremely helpful posts and when I asked him to drop the personal insults he was a gentleman and did so. I have learned from him and would like to see him keep posting. I just will not always agree with him.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Originally Posted by jwp475
I called Clark as BrickTop suggested and they WILL make a custom on a RIA. He stated that it was not his first choice but it will work. I asked what was his first choice and he said Springfield, kimber, etc. and that he believed the RIA steel a a little soft, but would work

It sems that they don't classify them as total POS as claimed by BrickTop
If Clark says it's okay, it's okay.
What you ladies failed to read and grasp is I never stated Clark wouldn't work on a RIA 1911, I stated they wouldn't guarantee their work as performed on one. Specifically their accuracy and reliability packages. Go back and read. And not just the parts you like either.

When Jim Sr. was still around, there were specific brands on which they wouldn't work. They'll work on a 1911 made from a bar of soap now, but they're going to limit their liabilities.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Wow, what an interesting and informative read. And to think I was just searching Norinco. So is this Bricktop dude really Big Stick?
No, when Big Stick was being an A-hole, he was usually rather clever with his turns of phrase. It was entertaining for a few minutes, then you realize he was just an a-hole.

I've asked Bricktop to stop being a jerk and just be a regular guy and come back to the handgun forum.
Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. Contrary to the half-assed hypotheses advanced by a "noble" few, I am not employed by the GREAT University of Oklahoma. I work for a local utility company and as those of you who follow current events may or may not be aware, it's a tad warm here. Every power plant we have is running flat-out, balls-to-the-wall. It's my job to make sure these plants (at least the gas-fired ones) can meet our customers' electricity demands. In between work, kids, and trying to fit in an odd range session now and again, arguing with people on the internet is a very low priority task for me. (My dog also managed to eat a plastic trash sack this week and I've had the less-than-enjoyable task of "assisting" him as he has passed pieces of it.) I do not get my feelings hurt, nor do I concern myself with what people may or may not be posting in my absence.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
FWIW I never thought for a second anybody had run you off. You still suck for not backing up what you said.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
FWIW I never thought for a second anybody had run you off. You still suck for not backing up what you said.
I backed it up just fine, you're just too damned lazy to follow up on it because you're not going to get the answers you want to hear.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
And my RIA still resides on my hip and has yet to fail. Think I will keep it. I retired Friday and the new income will not allow a fancy 1911, Heck, it will hardly allow primers.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Congrats on the retirement.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by JamesDunn
. . . I am a former Marine and while serving in Beirut a mud covered (submerged in mud actually just seconds prior) 1911 saved my young rear end. As I pulled it up I was praying that I had more than just 1 shot coming. The gun feed and functioned as JMB designed, while both dispatching the bad guy and saving my life. Nice loose tolerances and a fantastic design allowed function in some of the worse conditions you could have...so since that time I have always been shy about rail jobs because I already knew first hand that reliable funtion comes first, mechanical accuracy 2nd....but that is just my perspective...

Stories like James' above bring smiles to this former 2111's face. We worked on weapons as if our green brothers' lives depended on them -- because they did.

Semper Fi,

Noah

Resistance is NOT futile. Resistance is Voltage divided by Current.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bricktop

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. Contrary to the half-assed hypotheses advanced by a "noble" few, I am not employed by the GREAT University of Oklahoma. I work for a local utility company and as those of you who follow current events may or may not be aware, it's a tad warm here. Every power plant we have is running flat-out, balls-to-the-wall. It's my job to make sure these plants (at least the gas-fired ones) can meet our customers' electricity demands. In between work, kids, and trying to fit in an odd range session now and again, arguing with people on the internet is a very low priority task for me. (My dog also managed to eat a plastic trash sack this week and I've had the less-than-enjoyable task of "assisting" him as he has passed pieces of it.) I do not get my feelings hurt, nor do I concern myself with what people may or may not be posting in my absence.
Put the dog on, he's probably much more interesting, and even in his current state; less full of chit.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Noah_Zark
. . . I am a former Marine and while serving in Beirut a mud covered (submerged in mud actually just seconds prior) 1911 saved my young rear end. As I pulled it up I was praying that I had more than just 1 shot coming. The gun feed and functioned as JMB designed, while both dispatching the bad guy and saving my life. Nice loose tolerances and a fantastic design allowed function in some of the worse conditions you could have...so since that time I have always been shy about rail jobs because I already knew first hand that reliable funtion comes first, mechanical accuracy 2nd....but that is just my perspective...

Stories like James' above bring smiles to this former 2111's face. We worked on weapons as if our green brothers' lives depended on them -- because they did.

Semper Fi,

Noah

Semper Fi Noah and thanks for the good work.....your attention to the details helped keep me and other green brothers upright and sucking wind

Last edited by JamesDunn; 08/03/11.

James Dunn

[email protected]
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Semper Fi,

Noah

Semper Fi Noah and thanks for the good work.....your attention to the details helped keep me and other green brothers upright and sucking wind

that was one of the more intelligent statements over functioning coming first that i have seen.
Good point

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Semper Fi,

Noah

My Great Uncle retired from the Corp as a 4 Star

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/gberskin.htm

Thanks for the service

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. Contrary to the half-assed hypotheses advanced by a "noble" few, I am not employed by the GREAT University of Oklahoma. I work for a local utility company

Well that explains it, you work for the government. No wonder you have trouble with accountability....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Put the dog on, he's probably much more interesting, and even in his current state; less full of chit.
lmao

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well that explains it, you work for the government.
No one's ever accused you of being too smart, have they? smirk

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I backed it up just fine, you're just too damned lazy to follow up on it because you're not going to get the answers you want to hear.
Backed up fine by your LOW standards. You reject all evidence to the contrary no matter how good or how detailed. You're holding everyone but yourself to a very high standard. You give yourself a HUGE pass by not providing any ACTUAL evidence (even after you've been called) to support your view. I've provided the acutal Rockwell test results that were done by the original importer; gave the name and number of the importer for anyone to check to see if I'm lying. The one thing you gave, you've been called on (now TWICE), and you're still found to be WRONG.

I called Clark Monday, and they DO guarantee their work... they guarantee ALL of their work, or they don't do it; pretty much like any reputable operation. So your BS has been called AGAIN; yet you'll just come up with more BS...Because with you, there is a never ending stream of steaming BS that you're able to deliver on demand.

So okay, let's hear your next line of BS Mr. Barking Dog.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well that explains it, you work for the government.
No one's ever accused you of being too smart, have they? smirk
They have you though.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Backed up fine by your LOW standards. You reject all evidence to the contrary no matter how good or how detailed. You're holding everyone but yourself to a very high standard. You give yourself a HUGE pass by not providing any ACTUAL evidence (even after you've been called) to support your view. I've provided the acutal Rockwell test results that were done by the original importer; gave the name and number of the importer for anyone to check to see if I'm lying. The one thing you gave, you've been called on (now TWICE), and you're still found to be WRONG.

I called Clark Monday, and they DO guarantee their work... they guarantee ALL of their work, or they don't do it; pretty much like any reputable operation. So your BS has been called AGAIN; yet you'll just come up with more BS...Because with you, there is a never ending stream of steaming BS that you're able to deliver on demand.

So okay, let's hear your next line of BS Mr. Barking Dog.
lmfao

You're owned BT. bwaaaaaaaaaaa

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,203
Posts18,485,289
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.