Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bricktop
...My dog also managed to eat a plastic trash sack this week and I've had the less-than-enjoyable task of "assisting" him as he has passed pieces of it.) I do not get my feelings hurt, nor do I concern myself with what people may or may not be posting in my absence.

Sounds like the "dog ate his homework". Classic.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
I backed it up just fine, you're just too damned lazy to follow up on it because you're not going to get the answers you want to hear.
Backed up fine by your LOW standards. You reject all evidence to the contrary no matter how good or how detailed. You're holding everyone but yourself to a very high standard. You give yourself a HUGE pass by not providing any ACTUAL evidence (even after you've been called) to support your view. I've provided the acutal Rockwell test results that were done by the original importer; gave the name and number of the importer for anyone to check to see if I'm lying. The one thing you gave, you've been called on (now TWICE), and you're still found to be WRONG.

I called Clark Monday, and they DO guarantee their work... they guarantee ALL of their work, or they don't do it; pretty much like any reputable operation. So your BS has been called AGAIN; yet you'll just come up with more BS...Because with you, there is a never ending stream of steaming BS that you're able to deliver on demand.

So okay, let's hear your next line of BS Mr. Barking Dog.

Well that about states it and I checked with the guys up in Reno at Tussey and they will work on them and back the work too.....

James Dunn

[email protected]
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by FreeMe
...My dog also managed to eat a plastic trash sack this week and I've had the less-than-enjoyable task of "assisting" him as he has passed pieces of it.) I do not get my feelings hurt, nor do I concern myself with what people may or may not be posting in my absence.

Sounds like the "dog ate his homework". Classic.

Then visualizations of Brick "assisting" the dog are both funny and disturbing too.....and I am sure also against the law in most states except Oklahoma

James Dunn

[email protected]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JamesDunn
I backed it up just fine, you're just too damned lazy to follow up on it because you're not going to get the answers you want to hear.
Backed up fine by your LOW standards. You reject all evidence to the contrary no matter how good or how detailed. You're holding everyone but yourself to a very high standard. You give yourself a HUGE pass by not providing any ACTUAL evidence (even after you've been called) to support your view. I've provided the acutal Rockwell test results that were done by the original importer; gave the name and number of the importer for anyone to check to see if I'm lying. The one thing you gave, you've been called on (now TWICE), and you're still found to be WRONG.

I called Clark Monday, and they DO guarantee their work... they guarantee ALL of their work, or they don't do it; pretty much like any reputable operation. So your BS has been called AGAIN; yet you'll just come up with more BS...Because with you, there is a never ending stream of steaming BS that you're able to deliver on demand.

Well that about states it and I checked with the guys up in Reno at Tussey and they will work on them and back the work too.....
I shared a coctail or two with Terry at the SHOT show back in 04, he's a very fun kind of guy. He was toting around a gun he built that was basically a Springfield EMP be before there was such a thing. Terry made it the hard way, but cutting right down the mag well, removing enough metal to accept a true 9mm sized magazine (can't recall what he used for a mag...damn), then welded it back together and built the gun. His was equipped with a SFS trigger system; pretty slick little carry gun. Not exactly my cup of tea, but his workmanship was outstanding. Anyhow, I wish I would have stayed in touch with Terry, he was a LOT of fun.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
...He was toting around a gun he built that was basically a Springfield EMP be before there was such a thing. Terry made it the hard way, but cutting right down the mag well, removing enough metal to accept a true 9mm sized magazine (can't recall what he used for a mag...damn), then welded it back together and built the gun. His was equipped with a SFS trigger system; pretty slick little carry gun. Not exactly my cup of tea, but his workmanship was outstanding...

...reading your entry made me think of this listing that I saw earlier today--not exactly like it, but.....
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=245209510

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kevin is right...I am just a little paranoid...I am a former Marine and while serving in Beirut a mud covered (submerged in mud actually just seconds prior) 1911 saved my young rear end. As I pulled it up I was praying that I had more than just 1 shot coming. The gun feed and functioned as JMB designed, while both dispatching the bad guy and saving my life. Nice loose tolerances and a fantastic design allowed function in some of the worse conditions you could have...so since that time I have always been shy about rail jobs because I already knew first hand that reliable funtion comes first, mechanical accuracy 2nd....but that is just my perspective...LOL....shoot safe

Supposedly that was one of the original points about the 1911. In muddy conditions revolvers would jam their cylinders, while the 1911 could keep running.

And thank you for your service smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Backed up fine by your LOW standards. You reject all evidence to the contrary no matter how good or how detailed.
But you haven't offered any "evidence" other than the word of someone who was at one time importing this junk. Hardly an unbiased opinion.

I called Clark Monday, and they DO guarantee their work... they guarantee ALL of their work, or they don't do it; pretty much like any reputable operation.
Not on these they won't.

Call Clark Custom Guns. Not Clark Griswold.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Backed up fine by your LOW standards. You reject all evidence to the contrary no matter how good or how detailed.
But you haven't offered any "evidence" other than the word of someone who was at one time importing this junk. Hardly an unbiased opinion.

I called Clark Monday, and they DO guarantee their work... they guarantee ALL of their work, or they don't do it; pretty much like any reputable operation.
Not on these they won't.

You're the one who is too damned lazy to offer evidence. tff

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I love this ongoing topic.

I do note the Brick is changing names on other forums in an effort to try and sell a gun. Seems nobody wants to bite under the BT name.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just think of the bad mood BT is in as his boss is sure on his ass all day long. Cleaning up at power plants can't be fun.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He's just incapable of admitting he's wrong.

I have provided the RC test results from the importer

TWO people called HIS choice in gunsmiths and confirmed he's wrong; yet he still pops off.

I've invited one of the people who was THERE for the testing to log on and validate what I've said. JamesDunn has logged on, and has confirmed

I've provided the name of the importer and the number; anyone can call Rav at The Dealer's Warehouse and see for themselves.

I've provided my experience as a gunsmith in building guns on RIA frames. JamesDunn has provided his experience both testing and building guns on RIA frames.

I've provided insight into why a gunsmith will choose to work on this or that model 1911.

I've provided EVERYTHING. Bricktop has provided NOTHING to back up his assertion. The only thing he's provided has been disproved not once, but twice.

I also think it's pretty tacky for a blow hard like Bricktop to supposedly speak for a quality organization like Clark Custom. Bricktop is telling people what Clark Custom will or won't do, despite evidence to the contrary. He's telling you that Clark won't guarantee their work on an RIA gun. Clark will guarantee ALL their work; OR THEY WON'T DO IT.

Bricktop has offered NOTHING of value to this thread.

Bricktop hasn't done RC testing on an RIA
Bricktop isn't a gunsmith
Bricktop hasn't built a gun on an RIA receiver
Bricktop has postulated about issues related to welding on an RIA, but hasn't elaborated on when, where and why you would weld an RIA.
Bricktop isn't a welder
Bricktop isn't a metallurgist
Bricktop quite frankly has NO background of any relavence; yet purport's to be qualified to speak with authority on the subject

So Bricktop, again remind us; why would anyone listen to you?

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Yep we know which Clark to call and I did call and you were wrong..

The number is 318-949-9884

Simple for anyone to do

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

I shared a coctail or two with Terry at the SHOT show back in 04, he's a very fun kind of guy. He was toting around a gun he built that was basically a Springfield EMP be before there was such a thing. Terry made it the hard way, but cutting right down the mag well, removing enough metal to accept a true 9mm sized magazine (can't recall what he used for a mag...damn), then welded it back together and built the gun. His was equipped with a SFS trigger system; pretty slick little carry gun. Not exactly my cup of tea, but his workmanship was outstanding. Anyhow, I wish I would have stayed in touch with Terry, he was a LOT of fun.

Terry is in a wheelchair now.....he had a mountain bike accident and is a parapallegic now......but still sharp as they come and good

James Dunn

[email protected]
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Kevin is right...I am just a little paranoid...I am a former Marine and while serving in Beirut a mud covered (submerged in mud actually just seconds prior) 1911 saved my young rear end. As I pulled it up I was praying that I had more than just 1 shot coming. The gun feed and functioned as JMB designed, while both dispatching the bad guy and saving my life. Nice loose tolerances and a fantastic design allowed function in some of the worse conditions you could have...so since that time I have always been shy about rail jobs because I already knew first hand that reliable funtion comes first, mechanical accuracy 2nd....but that is just my perspective...LOL....shoot safe

Supposedly that was one of the original points about the 1911. In muddy conditions revolvers would jam their cylinders, while the 1911 could keep running.

And thank you for your service smile

Thank you and it was an honor to serve this Nation that I love so much.........GOD BLESS AMERICA

James Dunn

[email protected]
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

TWO people called HIS choice in gunsmiths and confirmed he's wrong; yet he still pops off.

I've invited one of the people who was THERE for the testing to log on and validate what I've said. JamesDunn has logged on, and has confirmed

I've provided the name of the importer and the number; anyone can call Rav at The Dealer's Warehouse and see for themselves.

I've provided my experience as a gunsmith in building guns on RIA frames. JamesDunn has provided his experience both testing and building guns on RIA frames.

I've provided insight into why a gunsmith will choose to work on this or that model 1911.

I've provided EVERYTHING. Bricktop has provided NOTHING to back up his assertion. The only thing he's provided has been disproved not once, but twice.

I also think it's pretty tacky for a blow hard like Bricktop to supposedly speak for a quality organization like Clark Custom. Bricktop is telling people what Clark Custom will or won't do, despite evidence to the contrary. He's telling you that Clark won't guarantee their work on an RIA gun. Clark will guarantee ALL their work; OR THEY WON'T DO IT.

Bricktop has postulated about issues related to welding on an RIA, but hasn't elaborated on when, where and why you would weld an RIA.
Bricktop isn't a welder
Bricktop quite frankly has NO background of any relavence; yet purport's to be qualified to speak with authority on the subject

Hmmmm neither Kevin nor I hide behind a screen name....so tell us BT....what evidence would surfice for you??? or is it just too much fun and too easy to be an Internet Know it all with only typing experiance????

James Dunn

[email protected]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Bricktop isn't a welder

BT himself has said he is an assho e. Believe him on this one item.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Wtxj

BT himself has said he is an assho e. Believe him on this one item.

Cannot deny such overwhelming evidence.....unless your BT...LOL

James Dunn

[email protected]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Terry is in a wheelchair now.....he had a mountain bike accident and is a parapallegic now......but still sharp as they come and good
That just sucks.

Oh hey... I remember why I couldn't remember what he used for a magazine; he didn't have one. He was still searching for a suitable mag.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I would of used the Detonic's Pocket 9 mag....same grip angle

James Dunn

[email protected]
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Star BKM mags might have worked, also. Those aren't uncommon or especially pricey.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,188
Posts18,484,884
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.