Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Tonk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
RUGER has brought out a very nice affordable model 1911 in stainless. It shoots very accurately, based on the way the barrel and bushing are both made together out of the same piece of metal. This pistol retails for $799 and ALL AMERICAN made too. Hats off to RUGER.....Ya!!!

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm guessing your talking about the SR1911? I think the street price will be in the 600 range in 6 to 9 months.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
That $799 is Ruger's "Suggested Retail Price".

I looked up Impact Guns site and they currently list (now accepting backorders) the Ruger SR-1911 for $629.99.

Not too bad, good gun.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
For a less exspensive 1911 this one is a definate contender.

I prefer to spend a few dollars more and go with Colt however. I think this may well be the lower price point 1911 though and a good introductory 1911.

Biker

Last edited by BikerRN; 07/03/11.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
my nephew wants to get a 1911 i will make him buy the ruger.He is looking for a good but not expensive gun and i think this fits the bill perfectly.Besides then i get to test it against my colt's and kimber

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BikerRN
and a good introductory 1911.

Biker

It's a bit better than that.......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
For a less exspensive 1911 this one is a definate contender.

I prefer to spend a few dollars more and go with Colt however. I think this may well be the lower price point 1911 though and a good introductory 1911.

Biker
I don't have one, but it seems to be much more than an entry-level or low-price 1911. It has a lot of upgrades and should compete with the Taurus 1911 and have the advantage of being built here. Time will tell whether any problems crop up, but so far, so good.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like Ruger did good....

Got one on my "someday" list.

Virgil B.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Biker
Words from someone whose "experience" was likely gained via internet forums and Youtube videos.

The Colt 1991 series -- those are what are known as entry level 1911s. Savvy? Plastic triggers, plastic mainspring housings, etc.

Note that the Ruger has none of those foibles with its beavertail safety, adjustable trigger, Novak sights, checkered steel mainspring housing, etc. It's not a Colt XSE, but it's damned sure better than Colt's lower end 1911.

And for the Rock Island Armory ass-lickers, you only wish those were entry level.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Bricktop

Biker
Words from someone whose "experience" was likely gained via internet forums and Youtube videos.

The Colt 1991 series -- those are what are known as entry level 1911s. Savvy? Plastic triggers, plastic mainspring housings, etc.

Note that the Ruger has none of those foibles with its beavertail safety, adjustable trigger, Novak sights, checkered steel mainspring housing, etc. It's not a Colt XSE, but it's damned sure better than Colt's lower end 1911.

And for the Rock Island Armory ass-lickers, you only wish those were entry level.

Sorry to break it to you BrickTop, but my expirience with the 1911 was gained from actually using one.
As a "midrange" 1911 I would look at the Springfield "Loaded" or the Colt. Entry level to me says Ruger, Taurus, or any of the other lower cost 1911's on the market. There is truth in the old saying, "You get what you pay for."

Biker

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Bricktop. I think you're going a little 'over the top' ...

but essentially, you're 'right'.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Not being born wealthy and then going on to raise six kids I do not have money to buy the real fancy guns. So I am an ass licker thank you. But so fat after the first seven hundred rounds I have yet to have one failure of any kind. On the other hand, my friend with his real 1911, a Kimber Gold Combat is having better luck with his after it's fourth trip to Kimber. Glad I am an ass licker and RIA owner as I could not afford that much postage. I just shoot my 1911. Then I have plenty of time for licking ass.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Not to make this personal or anything, but it appears that Bricktop is connected in some way to OU College of Engineering. I suspect he is a teacher of some sort. You know what they say, those that can, do. Those that can't, teach.

Maybe we are paying our teachers too much money if they think Colt is entry level?

Biker

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Biker

Sorry to break it to you BrickTop, but my expirience with the 1911 was gained from actually using one.
As a "midrange" 1911 I would look at the Springfield "Loaded" or the Colt. Entry level to me says Ruger, Taurus, or any of the other lower cost 1911's on the market. There is truth in the old saying, "You get what you pay for."

Biker
Yes, there most certainly is truth to the saying "you get what you pay for." There's also a lot of truth to the saying "not enough sense to pour piss out of a boot with the instructions written on the heel." That's the extent of the ignorance of your post. I've already enumerated the high points of the SR1911; those items alone make it way the hell above any of this "entry level" bullshit you're claiming. In fact, it's damned obvious you wouldn't know "entry level" if it jumped up and bit you in the ass.

Stick to your Youtube videos, little man.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Scott F

Not being born wealthy and then going on to raise six kids I do not have money to buy the real fancy guns. So I am an ass licker thank you. But so fat after the first seven hundred rounds I have yet to have one failure of any kind. On the other hand, my friend with his real 1911, a Kimber Gold Combat is having better luck with his after it's fourth trip to Kimber. Glad I am an ass licker and RIA owner as I could not afford that much postage. I just shoot my 1911. Then I have plenty of time for licking ass.
The first step to free thinking is admitting your faults. Glad you've made that first step.

The Rock Island proselytizers can delude themselves into thinking their turds are really just diamonds in the rough. The reality is they're just turds. And they'll always be turds. And I don't buy into this nonsense of "do not have money to buy the real fancy guns" for even a minute. Make a budget and stick to it.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

The first step to free thinking is admitting your faults. Glad you've made that first step.

The Rock Island proselytizers can delude themselves into thinking their turds are really just diamonds in the rough. The reality is they're just turds. And they'll always be turds. And I don't buy into this nonsense of "do not have money to buy the real fancy guns" for even a minute. Make a budget and stick to it.

And the educational institution has spoken.
Not suprisingly it's full of arrogance and condensation. Go back to your text books know it all. You missed a couple of lessons. For book smarts you might be pretty smart. As a human you are a failure.

Biker

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

And the educational institution has spoken.
Not suprisingly it's full of arrogance and condensation. Go back to your text books know it all. You missed a couple of lessons. For book smarts you might be pretty smart. As a human you are a failure.

Biker
Yes, but the ladies love me. smirk

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Disabled man without any government help. $800 a month for my half of the mortgage, start $1244 a month SS. You do the math. But then those of us who are disabled through no fault of our own just deserver to do without. If we were real people like you we would have not broke on the job and thus be perfect. So, I saved and scraped and got $500. There was no Ruger when I bought. I am a Made In The USA kind of gut and would by the Ruger if I could get it but is was not on any shelf when I bought. So I can carry what I have of just carry a stick. The RIA works. It does not have a beavertail anything, it does not have a skelatized anything, the word tactical is not engraved on it's side. It is pretty much just the way JMB designed it. It works. I own it and can carry it.

I know you ate god and I am just filth because it took me three years to save for my 1911 and you can get anything you want. You don't like my attitude just put me on ignore. After all, nothing I could own or say could possibly be worthwhile.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The RIA works. It does not have a beavertail anything, it does not have a skelatized anything, the word tactical is not engraved on it's side. It is pretty much just the way JMB designed it.
John Browning designed his gun to be made in the RP with substandard materials and rough machine work? I never knew that.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I can't speak of the Rock Island first hand, as I've never owned one. They are essentially the same basic gun as the Charles Daley's of a few years back though. I've never heard anything bad about the Rock Islands.

As to the Ruger, it looks good thus far. It has yet to be proven though.

IOW Senor Bricktop, you can play up the Ruger entry all you want, but until a couple of years have passed with no recall, nobody knows. hehehehehheheh

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

692 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 153, 10ring1, 74 invisible), 2,952 guests, and 1,395 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,975
Posts18,480,777
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.