Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
OSOK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Please check out this youtube. It's a whitehouse press release from 2009 and proves that President Obama not only knew about project "gunrunner" but directed the BATFE to increase it's efforts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PNhYk9NuNc&feature=player_embedded

He can no longer deny that he had knowledge of this program and deny culpability for knowingly arming the mexican drug cartels with 30,000 weapons. None of which was traced as was the supposed reason for allowing them to go south.

It was one of these guns (an AK-47 sporter) that was used to shoot Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry in December of 2010. ( http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40678058/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/ )

And these weapons are now being used throughout mexico to murder mexican citizens, not to mention, coming over the border with drug mules and their protectors.

If this isn't grounds for impeachement, I don't know what is!

Please pass this around to everyone that you know. Please write your Congressmen and demand that President Obama be held accountable for this crime.

NRA Endowment Life
NAHC Life
MOLON LABE!
OCS 120th MP BN MSSG

OSOK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I want to add this: what kind of president would make a public directive to a major agency and then get no follow-up reports on how it's progressing?

It is beyond belief that he had no knowldege of "fast and furious".

It is clear that the intent was to create a "cause" for a new rash of gun "control" measures. Only, it backfired and was uncovered by patriots within BATFE.

The ball is in our court now.

NRA Endowment Life
NAHC Life
MOLON LABE!
OCS 120th MP BN MSSG
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've got some supplemental Editorials that would fit here,....do you mind if I post em?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I didn't know you had to ask permission to post??
Cross Fire away.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh, just trying to be polite,.....anyhoo, this is a well drafted synopsis, ....and while focussed on Holder,....we'd have to acknowledge that the "Heckle and Jeckle connection" between those to would more than imply up-feed (replete with gloating and cooing and preening on Holder's part).....ALL THE WAY up!

[Linked Image]

Link: http://biggovernment.com/awrhawkins...f-overseeing-its-implementation-in-2009/

Eric Holder Feigns Ignorance of Operation �Fast and Furious� Now, But He Bragged of Overseeing Its Implementation in 2009
by AWR Hawkins

News about Operation �Fast and Furious� is now ubiquitous. Acting ATF Director Kenneth Melson�s Fourth of July testimony to Senator Charles Grassley and Representative Darrell Issa blew the cover off what appears to be one of the biggest political cover-ups in the last 50 years.

In the middle of it is Attorney General Eric Holder, who now feigns a blissful ignorance about the whole mess: having nothing to say about its beginnings as Operation �Gunrunner� or its latest incarnation as �Fast and Furious.�

For those who might not know, Operation �Gunrunner� was the plan to sell guns to �straw purchasers� with suspected ties to the Mexican cartel. Apparently, ATF was then banking on those purchasers to walk the guns across the border into Mexico. Operation �Fast and Furious� was the plan to follow those guns until they were in cartel hands and then make apprehensions. (For the record, I concur with those who believe this was all an attempt to flood the border with weapons in order to create a degree of chaos sufficient to convince us of the supposed-need for more gun control in America.)

Anyway, the problem with Holder�s feigned ignorance is that he gave a speech in Cuernavaca, Mexico, on April 2, 2009, in which he boasted about Operation �Gunrunner� and told Mexican authorities of everything he was doing to insure its success.

Holder told the audience:

Last week, our administration launched a major new effort to break the backs of the cartels. My department is committing 100 new ATF personnel to the Southwest border in the next 100 days to supplement our ongoing Project Gunrunner, DEA is adding 16 new positions on the border, as well as mobile enforcement teams, and the FBI is creating a new intelligence group focusing on kidnapping and extortion. (Italics mine)

But once the whole thing got crazy, and �Fast and Furious� left Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry dead, Holder and others in the Justice Department went from boasting about such projects to pressuring people like Acting ATF Director Melson to keep their mouths shut.

Melson is on record saying that �Justice Department officials sought to limit and control his communications with Congress.� Moreover, when he saw the storm clouds rising and attempted to reassign �every major official involved� in Operation �Fast and Furious,� Melson said �Justice Department officials directed him and other ATF officials to not communicate to Congress the reasoning behind the reassignments.�

Folks, I�m not great at math, but I�ve got simple math mastered. And figuring out what�s going on here doesn�t seem much harder than 2 +2.

Just think about it: Holder was as proud as he could be over Operation �Gunrunner� until the fiasco fell apart and over a thousand guns flooded into Mexico unaccounted for. (It seems we find them now when they�re recovered from crime scenes, along with the body of the victims killed by those using the weapons.)

One of Representative Issa�s staffers is on record saying: �[The Operation] �Gunrunner� investigation points much higher than [the] ATF director.�

Does that mean it points toward Holder or Holder�s office?

Does 3 + 3 equal 6?

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hopefully this will continue to come out. The liberal media will continue to resist until the point where the pressure becomes too great. I certainly do not think this is going away.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Wasn't there a very recent interview of Obama on 60 Minutes or some other news program where the interviewer directly and pointedly ask the President if he knew of the F&F / GUNRUNNER operation? Obama answered NO.
I know i saw this (i don't have dreams of this sort) but cannot find it.

I sent the White House youtube video to my 2 US Senators (unfortunately Dems) and to my US Rep ( fortunately Rep)......i would get a kick out of sending the Obama interview where he denies knowledge of F&F/GUNRUNNER to my reps also.

Any help out there?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This One ?

Hope it helps,....KEEP HAMMERING !

GTC

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Heck even send this stuff to your local newspapers all across the country. Get the exposure level up......way up.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I feel this is/was a stratgey for more gun control. Of course now it will be called "Gun Safety". This was Obama's "under the radar" plan.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
That's the one,sir.........thank you!

Just sent it and the white house video to my republican US Congressman.

I suggest everyone do the same........your major local news anchors as well.....they all do "special assignments/investigations".......gotta be a young conservative reporter out there somewhere looking to move up.

Last edited by chapped_lips; 07/10/11.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chapped_lips
That's the one,sir.

Just sent it and the white house video to my republican US Congressman.

I suggest everyone do the same........your major local news anchors as well.....they all do "special assignments/investigations".......gotta be a young conservative reporter out there somewhere looking to move up.

It's BLOCKED here,....I can't open it,...figured it might for you.
GLAD that it did, Se�or

GTC

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Please check out this 2008 Reuters article. By the logic present in these "Obama knew about Gunrunner" threads, this makes the entire conspiracy go across party lines! BUSH STARTED IT ALL!!!!

OMG... I KNEW ABOUT GUNRUNNER BACK IN 2006! I'm GUILTY ALSO!!!

Investigate EVERYBODY!!!!!!

Sigh..

http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/01/17/idUSN16149313

Mukasey said an offer last year by U.S. President George W. Bush to inject $1.4 billion in equipment into Mexico's war on drug cartels was very much alive and should not be held up by the U.S. presidential election this year, as some fear.

Congress is debating the first $550 million chunk of the "Merida Initiative" aid agreed in the town of Merida, Mexico, last year, and Mukasey said the odds of it being approved "ought to be good".

Under the so-called Project Gunrunner, Washington plans to extend "e-trace" tracking software that Mexican investigators can use to trace dealers in the United States where guns seized from drug hitmen often originate.

More U.S. police will be deployed in border towns to check gun dealers' records and work on tip-offs from Mexico to "squeeze weapons off at the source", Mukasey said.

Agents of the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives last month seized 153 high-powered weapons bound for Mexico, including AK-47 type assault rifles and lightweight pistols designed to pierce bulletproof vests.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
David Codrea on the Gunrunner video in an email to Mike Vanderboegh, the two bloggers who broke the entire Fast & Furious/Gunwalker scandal last winter.

"Mike," I wrote to colleague Mike Vanderboegh, people are going ape with the Ogden video and the $10M for Gunrunner--they don't understand that Gunrunner was not kept secret and was actually publicized, is not synonymous with F&F, and that authorizing Gunrunner is not the same as authorizing GunWALKER--as a result, a lot of hysterical and unfounded conclusions are being jumped to that will muddy the waters and discredit people making those arguments--and by default, the real arguments--I don't know if this started because well-meaning people who don't understand the details think they've found something and are trying to be helpful, but the way this is going viral it almost seems like somebody knew which buttons to push to get the gun crowd screaming after something that will be used to ridicule the entire effort as tinfoil ignorance. I think you and I need to address this in some sort of statement.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Rediscovered information on Project Gunrunner leading to misconceptions - National gun rights | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...-leading-to-misconceptions#ixzz1RlSMEdee

MISCONCEPTIONS...

A lot of them are out there concerning Gunrunner, like finding the Ogden video and the $10M funding are proof Obama ordered guns walked. No--those are only proof that a known project was authorized by the government--not in secret, but with press releases and everything.

GUNRUNNER has been well known. For a long time. See those "Journalist Guide" icons in the left margin of my WarOnGuns blog? Guess where I got the cover art to modify from? And Gunrunner is NOT synonymous with Fast and Furious--that was a component strategy presented as a sting op. that turned out to be something else.

Mike and I are concerned with gunWALKING--where the stated mission was deviated from with the criminal conspiracy we now see unfolding.

Suddenly I am being hit with a wave of tips about the old known stuff like it's being discovered for the first time--for many, I'm sure it is. I don't know if the genesis of that originates from people not knowing the history of this and jumping in to be helpful and spread the word, or if there is intent to sow confusion and misdirection.

Either way, it does not help, and can actually hurt. A lot.

OSOK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Please check out this 2008 Reuters article. By the logic present in these "Obama knew about Gunrunner" threads, this makes the entire conspiracy go across party lines! BUSH STARTED IT ALL!!!!

OMG... I KNEW ABOUT GUNRUNNER BACK IN 2006! I'm GUILTY ALSO!!!

Investigate EVERYBODY!!!!!!

Sigh..

http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/01/17/idUSN16149313

Mukasey said an offer last year by U.S. President George W. Bush to inject $1.4 billion in equipment into Mexico's war on drug cartels was very much alive and should not be held up by the U.S. presidential election this year, as some fear.

Congress is debating the first $550 million chunk of the "Merida Initiative" aid agreed in the town of Merida, Mexico, last year, and Mukasey said the odds of it being approved "ought to be good".

Under the so-called Project Gunrunner, Washington plans to extend "e-trace" tracking software that Mexican investigators can use to trace dealers in the United States where guns seized from drug hitmen often originate.

More U.S. police will be deployed in border towns to check gun dealers' records and work on tip-offs from Mexico to "squeeze weapons off at the source", Mukasey said.

Agents of the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives last month seized 153 high-powered weapons bound for Mexico, including AK-47 type assault rifles and lightweight pistols designed to pierce bulletproof vests.

You miss the point completely.

The goal of this was to track weapons.

But then, obma and holder get involved... and suddenly, it becomes something else - a tool to justify more gun control.

That's the point - it's a crime of the highest order and needs to be prosecuted!

NRA Endowment Life
NAHC Life
MOLON LABE!
OCS 120th MP BN MSSG

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (1lesfox, 007FJ, 1badf350, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 49 invisible), 2,241 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,345
Posts18,506,187
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.