-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Pieter: The waste of skin's name is Mike Boyd and thanks for exposing (yet again) his inumerable lies. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
jorge, I received 3 PM's from him. I am happy to report there was no profane language involved. Seems like he says something, thinks about it for a few minutes and then says it all again. I am applying the ignore button as he is now claiming "it was 11 years ago" and I have to "go and peddle a hunt with JJ"

Good night Tonk.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I leave for the beach for a week, and all hell breaks loose. Were you people waiting until I wasn't looking?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nah, you just need to check the phase of the moon before you go. Apparently, we've uncovered "Larry Talbot redux" smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Welcome back hatari. What does the count down meter say, how many days yet?

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pieter,
That was a well thought out and articulated post. All the facts were included. Sadly, it will only serve to confuse the poor guy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks Sprint11. I have had enough and put him on ignore. This is the last time I'm responding to this thread as it has gone on way too long and there are better things in life to talk about.

I wish Tonk only the best in life but I'm moving on and hope not to have to debate with him (or anyone else) in this manner again.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm sorry boys, but the kook highjinks continue over on the big bore forum:
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Tonk
This hunt was to be but 3 animals and I would pay for the other 10 animals of my choice later. However, this never came about JJ Hackie, Peter Harris would not accept my money for those 10 animals, (Saeed saw to that) The ranch, farm and canned hunt, certainly didn't have much in the way of real trophy animals, has it gotten any better JJ? It still was like shooting Fish In A Barrel Folks!!! Cheer's bandwagon crew.

Originally Posted by Tonk
Well JJ I see your got back from my PM! Well, more lies as I read your Post.......nothing new about JJ Hacks tactics is there JJ?. Now if you would like to put up some of your hard earned dollars, where your mouth seems to come out your A$$, I'll show the Check, that was written to Peter Harris & Co.

So where is the cancelled check you say you have paying Peter even though in your last LIE above you say he did not accept your money. So which is it? Sick, no [bleep] you're sick. Lastly, So is that why you shot a baby eland that was hanging on his mother's tittie? On second thought, the shooting fish in a barrel comment explains that. You have got to be the biggest pathological liar I've seen in my life. SEEK HELP, or better yet do us all a favor and FOAD.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I have been guilty at times, but TONK {NEVER} needs to pass an opportunity to pour up a big frosty glass of STFU.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunner500
Polecat Bi-pod, works standing, kneeling, or flat on Your hiney.

Gunner

p.s. the have absorbed hundred's of round's of 577, 500 Nitro Express, and 505 Gibbs, from the back of my left hand, so they are very durable.

Those who use bipods, can these double as walking sticks?

IC B3

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I'm clueless. Why would someone like Saeed offer a free hunt to a total jerk like Tonk?

As for shooting sticks, I use whatever the PH provides. I like bipods because I can adjust the "elevation" by stepping a little forward or backward. My body is the third leg. I can't do this with a tripod. While you can extend one of the the legs out to the left or something, accomplishing the same thing, that changes the "windage" as well and is not as fast. I don't like monopods because I can shoot just as well offhand as with a monopod.

Incidentally, I have considerable shooting experience at Camp Perry though not as much as rost495. Rost495 is right to question Tonk's ability to hit a 12" by 12" target every shot at 200 yards and to comment that placing expert on the military course is duck soup for a good target shooter.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow, I just went through 16 pages of posts to learn more about shooting sticks, think about 5 posts were relevant to the OP.

Does this site have a moderator that manages this stuff? Keeps people from hijacking threads?

I didn't read all the posts and have no opinion on them, just want to click on something about shooting sticks and find that is the content.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Only the first page was about shooting sticks then the wheels came off! I never found out how Mike Boyd managed to get a free safari out of Saeed. (?)

Back on topic, if I know I will be using a tripod in Africa, should I practice with a tripod? Is there much to "practice" with a tripod? Perhaps practice with a bipod and the skills will carry over to the tripod?

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
postoak,

I would practice with whatever you're going to use in Africa. On my first trip to Africa, the PH used a tripod. I had not practiced. I am a reasonably good offhand shot and have spent a gazillion hours shooting offhand at targets and dry firing. I found that the tripod required me to stand a little more facing the target, as opposed to sideways. Initially, I had a tendency to shoot a little to the left as opposed to how I shoot offhand. Stuff like this is why you should practice.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Thanks Indy, will do!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That was some read!

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by gunner500
Polecat Bi-pod, works standing, kneeling, or flat on Your hiney.

Gunner

p.s. the have absorbed hundred's of round's of 577, 500 Nitro Express, and 505 Gibbs, from the back of my left hand, so they are very durable.

Those who use bipods, can these double as walking sticks?

Yessir, quite handily as a matter of fact, you can also use 'em to brush spider webs and briars off to the side too. wink

Gunner

Trump Won!
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (BALLISTIK, beefan, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 8 invisible), 1,296 guests, and 973 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,224
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.