Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Flinch Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
This is one of those pictures where the lighting, the animal, the background, the camo and everything about it is perfect. Pictures like this don't come around often, but when they do, the memories are as real as if they happened yesterday.

My buddy and I tag teamed this bull a couple of years ago on an archery hunt in Utah. I think we picked the perfect camo for the dark timber. Fabulous hunt! Flinch
[Linked Image]

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very nice. Gotta love those early season archery elk.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice!!

I once visited a place where BBQ was a verb, Canadian whiskey was the norm and no sweet tea on the menu. Hell on earth for a Southern boy!!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Man, that is a cool pic.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It is a nice pic! Well done all around!

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great photo! I don't see the camo though... just 2 heads floating in the air. wink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It looks like you cleaned your lens with coffee! My kinda guy! smile

Campfire Pistolero x2

Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else. -Ambassador Delenn, Babylon 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Did you mount it in velvet?

�Some people hear their own inner voice with great clearness. And they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy�or they become legend."--Jim Harrison

www.doing-manly-things.com
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Flinch
This is one of those pictures where the lighting, the animal, the background, the camo and everything about it is perfect. Pictures like this don't come around often, but when they do, the memories are as real as if they happened yesterday.

My buddy and I tag teamed this bull a couple of years ago on an archery hunt in Utah. I think we picked the perfect camo for the dark timber. Fabulous hunt! Flinch
[Linked Image]

You are absolutely correct on all counts. It's nice to see the animal positioned so that the blood etc. is not captured. There are plenty of viewers that are not hunters and a well taken picture goes a long way to promote our love of the hunt. There are times when we discuss bullet performance that pictures of wounds etc are needed but in this case we have two VERY happy hunters with what's for dinner. Congratulations.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Thats definitely a great picture. Frame it up some where.

Brett
IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Beautiful picture, and camo looks great also. Thanks for sharing

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very nice Flinch. Great pic pard.

JM

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Very nice!

"Kids don't remember their best day of television."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Really good photo Flinch. Everything just comes together right.
I have a b&w photo of my boy coming out of a standing timber swamp loaded with a limit of ducks that I wouldn't take a pretty for.

Like this one everything just comes together right.

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
Flinch Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Scopo, we didn't mount it with the velvet. He is a small bull, so not really worth mounting. By the time we got it out to the trail head, the velvet was coming off in strips. He was really close to shedding it, in fact we saw bulls the next couple of days completely shed off.

I tried everything I know how to do to preserve this buck in the velvet and it looks terrible now. The antlers cracked and the bugs attacked them, no matter what I did. I have tried dipping velvet antlers in insecticide, injecting them with formaldehyde etc. Nothing seems to work and keep them looking like the day I shot them. I gave up a long time ago preserving velvet antlers. Flinch
[Linked Image]

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
nice bull there , flinch

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Flinch

[Linked Image]

Actually this one is perfect. smile But great shot, nice bull, I'm burning with envy.

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

111 members (44mc, anothergun, 6mmCreedmoor, 10Glocks, AceBall, 13 invisible), 1,652 guests, and 980 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,449
Posts18,528,831
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.