Hop To
Page 701 of 1,842 1 2 699 700 701 702 703 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill

Tom, I take it your feeling better?

I feel better but not good. I still have to take it easy. Have to stay away from greasy food type stuff. I did have a beer yesterday and it didn't agree with me at all.

Nasty hot here today too Bill.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
love a summer day, even if it is hot and sticky.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Looks good Dave. Funny you should post that. I was just thinking that a Chickenbuck run in Sept would be cool and I should bring a few racks of ribs with me.

You game?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
You gotta ask? grin

I'll maybe retire the old grill at camp and bring this one from home out there. Weld up a new one for home.

This one here at home must be close to 8 years old now. The old barrel cooker at the camp... I think I built that in the early 90's.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Just got back from a fun weekend of fishing at Devils Lake, ND. As usual lots and lots of walleyes. Couldn't find any big ones but we caught lots of good eaters in that 12 - 14" range. Fresh walleye back at camp every night plus everyone was able to bring home their possesion limit of 10. Good time was had by all.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well, I figured I didn't haffta ask, but I have to plan to take a day off to get up to the camp so I lay it out ahead of time.

Me and Betz dropped the kids off with grandma for the week and on the way home stopped to have a beer with Redneck. It was a nice visit.

Came home and had a beer on the deck until the mosquitos tried to carry us away.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Sounds like your group did well Rooster. Must have been darn hot out the water though.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Tom, take it easy with the beer until you get the gall bladder situation resolved. For some reason beer/booze and bad gall bladders don't mix.

My brother learned that the hard way. He was having GB problems and had a drink. It put him right down on the floor. sick

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
whoa doggy, did we get rain on Friday! 7 inches to be exact! The lake went up 18 inches and i had to adjust the dock. Dewpoint was 81 here yesterday, it was almost comical. My garage floor was so wet the water actually started to run off it!

One of my depth finders went belly up during one of my trips...I posted that I think...and Lowrance sent me a replacement. However, the replacement is about half an inch wider than the old one so I had to take the sabre saw to the dash of the boat. Man, does fiberglass cut hard! But I got it in. One thing I re-learned is that fiberglass shards on sweaty body parts itch like crazy. cry

No kids for the week, Tzone? This isnt a good week to not be feeling well.

I can just picture the Eener getting his buttocks chomped. Poor little guy. Kinda funny though. I wonder if Eener is holding a grudge against Gus? confused

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Sounds like your group did well Rooster. Must have been darn hot out the water though.

Actually Bill there was enough storm activity coming and going throughout the area all weekend that it kept things fairly comfortable in the heat and humidity dept. Satuday night we just got off the lake and pulled up to the fish cleaning shed and it DOWN POURED along with massive lightening, thunder and high winds. The shed is open on three sides and we were cleaning fish in our rain gear. It must have looked like an episode of Deadliest Catch.

Dave,
Those ribs look downright delicious. We'll have to make some of them next time I'm up. Let me know what to get and I'll bring some up.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone

Tom, I take it your feeling better?

I feel better but not good. I still have to take it easy. Have to stay away from greasy food type stuff. I did have a beer yesterday and it didn't agree with me at all.

Nasty hot here today too Bill.

Tom are they taking the GB out then or what? Sounds like it needs to be and darn soon if ya can't even drink beer! eek

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Not taking it out yet Rooster.

I had a Leinee's and that is what didn't agree with me. Yesterday I have a few different ones and I was fine. Still don't have much of an appetite. Hard to believe for those of you that know me. grin

BM,

Just cuz I don't feel good, don't mean I can't do that. Stuff still works fine. laugh

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
tzone,
i bet that is a relief for ya! shocked

I am a wee bit cold sitting in my office today....which is in direct contrast to the HEAT out there! Wow! I bet the corn is growing like crazy right now with the heat and the rain we got last week.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Concrete contractor had two send two guy to the hospital before the figured it was too hot for that kind of work today. It was so hot my arms are sweating. That's a first I think.

So BM, from the guys that are workin outside, thanks for the update on the to in your a/c cooled house. : grin:

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tom,sorry that you aren't feeling well.Hope you get all better real soon.
Linda and I drove to Virginia on Saturday to visit some old good friends at their new mountain cabin in Fancy Gap,Va.It was beautiful and cool up there and we had a great time.Just got home this afternoon.
Friday I bought a used Savage bolt action in .17HMR at the local gun shop.Been wanting one for awhile.It is a model 9317 with bull barrel and synthetic stock.Stopped on the way in this afternoon and picked up a scope for it at Academy Sports.When I go to the gun club on Wednesday I'll get it sighted in.
We arrived home and the blinking clocks told us the power had been off while we were gone.The doggone cable tv box is on the fritz because of it so I had to call for a service call.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Been nasty here the last 2 days Rooster. 97* Sunday and low 90's so far today. Humity is off the charts. Lots of storms passing through also.

Wind came up around 8:00 this morning and picked up one cornor of my neighbors 10' X 10' metal storage shed. Cornor ended up sitting on a table that was inside the shed. Lots of limbs down too.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hi Stan,

I have been looking at a .17HRM Marlin at a shop here too. It's set up like a tactical rifle. I don't have a good reason to need one, but when would that ever matter in a gun? laugh

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Tzone:
Office A/C update....my toes seem to be a little cold today. Might have to round up some socks. whistle

Nasty hot here too folks. I can't wait for fall! A frosty morning with those crisp aspen leaving crunching under foot. A fresh snow on a picked field of beans or corn. The smells of the leaves falling.....can you picture it?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Stop it!

lol!

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Hotter than blazes here too. Heat index today is supposed to be in the 115* range. We are having a Mgmt meeting at 10:30 to see if and what time we should shut the shop down today to prevent heat related illness.

Powerful storm came through this morning about 4:00 am. I still don't have power at home. Limbs and leaves all over the yard and one low spot looks like a lake. I better get power soon because I have a big 'ol bag of fresh walleye in the fridge! eek

Page 701 of 1,842 1 2 699 700 701 702 703 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (2003and2013, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 62 invisible), 2,419 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,460
Posts18,489,808
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.