Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I'm wondering what exactly bushnell fixes when an elite 4200 breaks down??? Could you guys in the know help me out. Here's the scenerios just for example:

1. Fogging up due to loss of innert gas inside of scope
2. Broken reticle
3. not tracking properly
4. change in point of impact (something loose inside of scope).
5. Scrattched rainguard coating
6. broken turrets
7. inoperable power adjustment ring

Also at what point do they give up on fixing a problem and just fork over a new one?? Does that even happen with them??
If some of you know from experience please fill us in. The reason I'm asking is because I really like the 2.5-10x40 elite 4200 and am thinking about buying another one. The problem is I've had a go around with their CS with an issue of scratched rainguard coating and they wouldn't do anything for me. Well, they later told me they would sell me a scope for 2/3 the cost of retail if I sent them my old one. I didn't think it was worth it since I can buy from some wholesale sources for much less than their offer. Thanks for the help guys.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
BSA
My one and only experence with them went fine. I had a 3x9x40 Bushnell Trophy, (99.00 not a top tier scope) start to fog a little. At about the same time i sliped on a wet log beaver trapping and fell on a 1.5x5x20 Master series Simmions hard enough to knock the cross hairs loose (not the scopes fault). I called Simmons to ask about that scope and found out they are owned by the same Co., Bushnell. The gentleman said to send both scopes in to them and they would take care of me. I did and in about 7-8 days two brand new scopes were at my door. He also offered to sell me two 4200s shiped to my door for about 35.00 less than wholesale,yes i took them. I didn't know at the time they were changing their product line, no matter. Any way they just replaced the two mid level scopes no questions asked. Like i said it is just one incident but i was more than satisfied.

Just my .02 worth, Guy

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
BSA
Was just wondering, how when and by whom did the rainguarg get scratched. I've never had any trouble with mine.

Guy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
bsa, you seem like a nice guy, however I'm wondering why you are asking this question again regarding the scratched lense coatings. If I'm not mistaken, didn't you buy the scope this way (without knowing I'm sure). I'm not sure why you would expect Bushnell to warranty an issue that, IMO, has nothing to do with the scope being defective. If I smashed my car into a tree, I wouldn't the manufacturer to fix it. I wouldn't expect Swarovski, Zeiss or even Leupold to warranty damage either and very much doubt they would even with their record's of stellar CS.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I'm with RD on this one. That's one thing that really mystifies me about Swaro and Leupold and their CS. Why in the world do they fix stuff for free even when it's the owner's fault or stupidity or both?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
To keep customers coming back.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have never had real good luck with bushnell. I have a couple of sets of older binoculars that need eyecups and despite their assurance they had what I needed they didn't fit when I got them. I also sent in n old scope that a buddy had borrowed for many years and the reticle fell loose in the bottom. I sent it back and they reset the reticle for me so no complaint there but then they put it loose in a box w no packing around it so that it was just banging around in there and when I got it back the reticle was reset but one leg was broken. It was not an expensive scope and pretty old so I wasn't too upset but it made me sort of doubt their CS.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

I suppose you're right. If I were in that business I'd want to have customer's beating my door down because of the superior products I make, and obviously for superior service. (Not being argumentative). Sooner or later someone will do just that, and if all I had to fall back on is a "we'll fix your stuff no matter what" philosophy, then sooner or later I'm history. Maybe it's just me.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

They don't do it consistantly though John as we've seen many examples of it here over the years. Not sure how they determine who gets the freebee and who pays though.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by RDFinn
bsa, you seem like a nice guy, however I'm wondering why you are asking this question again regarding the scratched lense coatings. If I'm not mistaken, didn't you buy the scope this way (without knowing I'm sure). I'm not sure why you would expect Bushnell to warranty an issue that, IMO, has nothing to do with the scope being defective. If I smashed my car into a tree, I wouldn't the manufacturer to fix it. I wouldn't expect Swarovski, Zeiss or even Leupold to warranty damage either and very much doubt they would even with their record's of stellar CS.

Hi Roy, I'm not concerned about the scratched lenses anymore. I'm just curious as to what bushnell will do for their customers if they have other problems. The issue of the scratched lenses is way behind me now. Just trying to get a feel for their overall customer satisfaction regarding service in other warranty issues and such. I'm wanting to buy another 2.5-10x40 since I think the power range is great and the clarity of the scope is hard to beat unless you opt to buy a zeiss or something for more money. As far as leupold replacing things, I've heard they will replace defective parts like broken reticles and other things on my list. I don't want to buy another elite 4200 if they won't replace a scope that has some of the issues that may not be easilly fixed or cost effective to fix. Try not to put words in my mouth. Just asking some honest questions and looking for some honest answers.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by guy57
BSA
Was just wondering, how when and by whom did the rainguarg get scratched. I've never had any trouble with mine.

Guy

Guy, I bought it that way from some pos. He didn't tell me they were scratched. Live and learn I guess. Now I just ask a ton of questions if I'm buying.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B

My question is "what does bushnell do for a scope that breaks down" and I gave a list of items that commonly go bad.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't imagine them or anyone else not fixing/replacing a scope that broke under normal use. I also don't know of a single company that will let you use a scope for up to a year with the promise of a full refund, "No Questions Asked", like Bushy does with the Elites.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Can't imagine them or anyone else not fixing/replacing a scope that broke under normal use.

Thanks Roy, that's all I'm asking for. You guys have seen my chit and should know by now that I take care of it. I know you well enough now (even bought a nice scope from you grin) that I know you take good care of your things too and I'm man enough to know that when I fall down on my scope or run it over with the truck It's my own damn fault and no one sould have to pay for my stupidity. I'll probably buy another 4200 since they are priced pretty good right now. Been going back and forth between Leupold and the elite 4200 and just need a push in the right direction I guess. Thanks for your understanding.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
BSA
That sucks. I bought a model-7 quite a while back on Gunbroker from a feller in Al. and it was pretty buggered up when i got it. I hate to hear about bad deals on line as all the rest of mine both buying and selling have been good. As i said i only had the one experence, and it was with cheeper scopes but they were great with me. By the way i have four 4200s and two 3200s plus some cheaper stuff so i use Bushnells stuff. Come to think of it i did send a brand new 4200 back for a paralex adjustment, again no charge no problem they even sent me a prepaid shiping label.

Good luck, Guy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Leupold makes a lighter scope and gives you more reticle options and the ability to add a turret or two if you're into that sort of thing. The Bushy 4200 is a more durable scope and has the hydrophobic lense coatings which Leupy doesn't offer.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by guy57
BSA
That sucks. I bought a model-7 quite a while back on Gunbroker from a feller in Al. and it was pretty buggered up when i got it. I hate to hear about bad deals on line as all the rest of mine both buying and selling have been good. As i said i only had the one experence, and it was with cheeper scopes but they were great with me. By the way i have four 4200s and two 3200s plus some cheaper stuff so i use Bushnells stuff. Come to think of it i did send a brand new 4200 back for a paralex adjustment, again no charge no problem they even sent me a prepaid shiping label.

Good luck, Guy

Thanks guy, as of now I've got a bausch and lomb 4200 I bought from RdFinn (2.5-10x40) that I love, a 2.5-10x40 elite 4200 with fire fly reticle I mentioned earlier with scratched lenses (when you look thru the scope you don't see them so hopefully it will work out in the field, got my fingers crossed since it is on my "elk" rifle eek), and an elite 3200 that is on my fwt 308 that also seems to be a great scope. In the past I've used the elite 3200's but regretfully sold them when I sold off some of my rifles. I've actually never had a problem with the elite series bushy but have had to deal with their CS one time. Thanks for your coments, makes me feel better about my next purchase which will probably be the 2.5-10x40 with the regular duplex reticle (don't know if I quite like the thick reticle on the firefly)...

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I'm with RD on this one. That's one thing that really mystifies me about Swaro and Leupold and their CS. Why in the world do they fix stuff for free even when it's the owner's fault or stupidity or both?

In addition to wanting customers to come back offering to fix problems for free forever increases the "value" of the scope. This allows both Leupold and Swaro to sell products for higher initial prices.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
And higher resale value!

My one experience with Bushnell CS on an Elite scope led me to selling 3 of the 5 I owned. I still have 2 on a .22 and a loaner rifle. I like 'em and think they're a pretty good value, but their CS left me fuming!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I'm wondering what exactly bushnell fixes when an elite 4200 breaks down??? Could you guys in the know help me out. Here's the scenerios just for example:

1. Fogging up due to loss of innert gas inside of scope
Repair unless the reason the gas leaked was a 1/4" hole drilled in the side of the scope
2. Broken reticle Repair unless the reticle broke when you ran the scope over with your truck.
3. not tracking properly Harder to confirm but if confirmed then a new scope.
4. change in point of impact (something loose inside of scope).
Same answer as #3.
5. Scrattched rainguard coating Nope, a guy shouldn't clean his scope lenses with a Scotchbrite pad.
6. broken turrets Repair unless the turrets were broken by a claw hammer.
7. inoperable power adjustment ring Repair unless the power ring doesn't operate because the scope was dipped in Super Glue.

Also at what point do they give up on fixing a problem and just fork over a new one?? Does that even happen with them??
If some of you know from experience please fill us in. The reason I'm asking is because I really like the 2.5-10x40 elite 4200 and am thinking about buying another one. The problem is I've had a go around with their CS with an issue of scratched rainguard coating and they wouldn't do anything for me. Well, they later told me they would sell me a scope for 2/3 the cost of retail if I sent them my old one. I didn't think it was worth it since I can buy from some wholesale sources for much less than their offer. Thanks for the help guys.

Those are my suppositions about how Bushnell would handle them and also how I'd handle them.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 1234, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,232 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,259
Posts18,486,376
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.