-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
the the 3 pound can of Folger's has gone from ~$9 just a few weeks ago to over $13 today. My cereal, Special K w/ strawberries went up $2 since my last trip. The dollar is really taking a beating.

I usually spend between $200-$300 per trip but I was in and out in just a short time and only spent $120 this trip. I started to go this weekend but have noticed that on weekends Sam's in Montgomery is inundated with night fighters while early Monday morning there are very few people at all in there.

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Mr Coleman. You don't ever want to go there on Fri. afternoon/evening or Sat. They are 12-15 deep at each of the 10 registers that are open out of the 25 or so that they have. Why do you think they do that 10/25? Just to pizz us off or to try to make us thankful that we even have a Sams. I think it's worse here in Montgomery than any other I've ever seen. One day try their roasted chickens. Like Frosted Flakes they're great.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jd3006
Mr Coleman. You don't ever want to go there on Fri. afternoon/evening or Sat. They are 12-15 deep at each of the 10 registers that are open out of the 25 or so that they have. Why do you think they do that 10/25? Just to pizz us off or to try to make us thankful that we even have a Sams. I think it's worse here in Montgomery than any other I've ever seen. One day try their roasted chickens. Like Frosted Flakes they're great.

Repeat after me: It's 'Mickey', not 'Mr. Coleman'. If you live in Montgomery why ain't you ever made yourself known. You could come down for a visit. You'd better like dogs, though. smile

I learned something this morning. It's Monday mornings for the rest of my days of going to Sam's.

Last edited by MColeman; 07/18/11.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
you been getting these all day rains, Mickey?

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
you been getting these all day rains, Mickey?

Yep. We've been blessed with rain lately and I hope it continues.
How 'bout y'all?

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
was in bone dry Austin the last four days, but it apparently rained the whole time we were gone. an empty five gallon bucket I left out in the backyard is about three inches from being full, so that's how much they got here since last Wednesday.

got at least an inch and a half in a few hours this morning....rained like hell for about three hours.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
BTW Mickey, start checking the AMOUNT of stuff in packages. The boxes & containers are the same size but the contents are diminished on more & more items I am noticing.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Yeah, but according to the ChairSatan "Bernancubus" at the Fed, inflation is at an all time low. Unless of course you have to eat, drive, or see a physician.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Mickey, I don't post much. I just listen and learn. I've found that if I keep quiet folks think I'm smarter. I'd love to ride down for a visit sometime. Maybe I could see the shop of a real gunsmith. I'm a machinist of 35 years so I know a thing or two but If I advertise people see those things I don't know. If I ever find the time I'll look you up. Haven't been down there in years but do know a fellow from there. He's a tall lanky boy with long hair and beard who rides a Harley. Used to work with me but now is at Hyundai last I heard. By the way I've got 3 dogs trying to get in my lap as I type. Good to meet you.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Mickey, I don't post much. I just listen and learn. I've found that if I keep quiet folks think I'm smarter. I'd love to ride down for a visit sometime. Maybe I could see the shop of a real gunsmith. I'm a machinist of 35 years so I know a thing or two but If I advertise people see those things I don't know. If I ever find the time I'll look you up. Haven't been down there in years but do know a fellow from there. He's a tall lanky boy with long hair and beard who rides a Harley. Used to work with me but now is at Hyundai last I heard. By the way I've got 3 dogs trying to get in my lap as I type. Good to meet you.

I'm 8 miles from Priester's Pecans at the Fort Deposit exit. Come down any time you've a mind to. My partner, Chris Self, is a master tool and die maker while I can only do a very few things. There's tons of stuff that I cannot do.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MColeman

I'm 8 miles from Priester's Pecans at the Fort Deposit exit. Come down any time you've a mind to. My partner, Chris Self, is a master tool and die maker while I can only do a very few things. There's tons of stuff that I cannot do.

You suffer from that too huh? Thought it was just me.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
And the 100 pack of Slim Jim's were $11 last summer and $13 about 2 months.
Now they're $14.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
It's the shortages that will get the people's attention...like gas, as long as they can get it...not a peep will be heard. When rationing starts on toilet paper, like in Russia...You will hear the screaching and whining.

Inflation rate is just a number...trivial matter that only the government concerns itself with...Most in Alaska simply make out the order to Sams and Costco Online, using their Quest Card...sorta like food coupons only better. I have yet to see a price sticker on anything...I don't think they price the items in Alaska. The box stores box it, band it to pallets and ship it to us on the next plane out. Best of all...shipping is paid for by the US Postal Service, no charge to the recipient of the goods...Our Senators got that figured out for us last year.

Last edited by AKbushrat; 07/18/11.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

382 members (17CalFan, 163bc, 1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 29 invisible), 1,846 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,456
Posts18,508,131
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.