-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks to one of our own here at the fire, I will be the owner of this awesome gun. To say I'm pumped is an understatement.Now if I can get Waders and Jamie to share some ammo grin

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bet they will jimmyd, and you are gonna LIKE that Wilson.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I will have some cast loads you can try. Bring it on the 6th when we get together.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jimmyd223
Now if I can get Waders and Jamie to share some ammo grin

Things are a bit tight around here. I only have about 10 rounds of ammo, but you can have it. I was going to try to buy one of my kids a new pair of jeans this month, but I suppose that can wait another month or two. With that money and what the kids get for collecting cans, I s'pose I can get a few rounds put together. Jimmy, you can have as much of that as you need. I'll share whatever I have. And, don't you go feeling bad about it. I've gotten by on less my whole life. I don't mind helping my poor unfortunate friends who can't buy bullets for their WILSON COMBATS!!!!!

Oh wait, yes I do mind. I mind a lot!! In fact, I think when I test drive your new pistol, I'll do it shooting YOUR ammo--Wise Guy!!

grin

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by T LEE
Bet they will jimmyd

Really? How big of a bet were you thinking? whistle

Wade

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Waders

Things are a bit tight around here. I only have about 10 rounds of ammo, but you can have it. I was going to try to buy one of my kids a new pair of jeans this month, but I suppose that can wait another month or two. With that money and what the kids get for collecting cans, I s'pose I can get a few rounds put together.

grin

I have to teach you how to cast. That way the girls can give up the lemonade stand. wink

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thank you ScottF, you sir are a gentleman grin
Now Waders, I don't want you to feel bad, I sweet talked the wifey and told her I would mow the lawn for the next two month;s for free if she would buy me some ammo so I wouldn't look cheap grin

Have to wait till Monday to get the darn money orders mad

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I went to the Wilson site and that is an awesome gun.

I like the classic and am thinking maybe one in my future.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Tim, Wilson's site makes a grown man cry. I spent many hours looking at it and wishing I had been born Rich grin
After I sold my cherished Gold Cup Commander 1 of 300 I have been totally bummed without a nice 1911.
After thinking long and hard compaing all the semi-custom 1911's I felt a good WC would suit my needs best. Plus the feedback from current WC owners seemed to make the choice a no brainer.
Hopefully I will have it in time for the Washingtin get together and be able to give a full report.

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Thanks to one of our own here at the fire, I will be the owner of this awesome gun. To say I'm pumped is an understatement.Now if I can get Waders and Jamie to share some ammo grin

[Linked Image]

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yup, I hear you Jimmy.

I have a Colt/Wilson Gold Cup; a few more tricks from Wilson and it would probably be more Wilson than Colt yet I still yearn for a full Wilson custom. cry

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

In what caliber, 380?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jwp475

In what caliber, 380?
Not likely! grin

Trying to decide between .45 Auto and .38 Super.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

In the other thread you said that for personal protection you prefered the 380. Have you reconsidered? I hope so

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jimmy,

In all seriousness, I am very excited for you! Given what you've had to endure with both the flood and your health, you deserve this!

Wade

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

In the other thread you said that for personal protection you preferred the 380. Have you reconsidered? I hope so

While what I'm looking at could certainly be used for personal protection, in either caliber, it's size is best suited for range work and hunting varmints which will be it's intended purpose.

While I do not carry in my city as there really is no need to and besides you can't carry loaded, if I did decide to carry for personal defense I would be inclined to carry a .380 of the Sig P239 or Walther PPK verity. Either one would suit my needs in this city very well or any other city in Montana.

YMMV

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

A full sized 1911 is easy and comfartable to carry daily in a proper holster, I know I do so regularly. The 1911 is not too large to carry conceal elther. A 380 is a very poor choice

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

A full sized 1911 is easy and comfartable to carry daily in a proper holster, I know I do so regularly. The 1911 is not too large to carry conceal elther. A 380 is a very poor choice

For you it is for me it would not be.

Look, if you want to carry a full sized 1911 go for it I'm not telling you not to. If it makes sense to you in your local than it's the one for you to carry. I don't know where you live. You may live somewhere that's as wild and woolly as Tucson AZ in the 1880's with a gun fight on every corner and at all hours of the night. Fortunately, I don't live in that kind of city.

The odds are I would win the Power Ball Lottery long before I had to defend myself in my city from a criminal. Heck, I would probably have to defend myself from a bear, mountain lion, or coyote in my city long before I would have to defend myself from a criminal.

A personal defense .380 pocket weapon would make sense in my local especially in hot weather. Easy to conceal, light weight, there if I need it but probably would never need it at least against criminals.

This is my final word on this there is nothing else to say.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by derby_dude

For you it is for me it would not be.

Look, if you want to carry a full sized 1911 go for it I'm not telling you not to. If it makes sense to you in your local than it's the one for you to carry. I don't know where you live. You may live somewhere that's as wild and woolly as Tucson AZ in the 1880's with a gun fight on every corner and at all hours of the night. Fortunately, I don't live in that kind of city.

The odds are I would win the Power Ball Lottery long before I had to defend myself in my city from a criminal. Heck, I would probably have to defend myself from a bear, mountain lion, or coyote in my city long before I would have to defend myself from a criminal.
A personal defense .380 pocket weapon would make sense in my local especially in hot weather. Easy to conceal, light weight, there if I need it but probably would never need it at least against criminals.

This is my final word on this there is nothing else to say.

SO IYO you realy have no need for a self defnse weapon, because you have a 1 in 18 million chance of needing one. Is that your position?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

98 members (3dtestify, 7887mm08, 358wsm, 280Ackleyrized, 338Rules, 35, 9 invisible), 1,011 guests, and 884 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,129
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.