Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Bricktop,

I don't see the need to come up with any credible evidence to disprove your statements because, again, I've got no experience with Rock Islands, and I'm not saying you're wrong. You may be 100% spot on in your opinions as to the quality and long term reliability of Rock Islands. If you could present some credible evidence to support your opinions it would certainly be useful to any members here on the Fire who decide they want to purchase a $500 1911.

I don't have any opinions on Rock Islands either way. You say they suck. All you've got to do is back that statement up bro. Surely you can do that???

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Techsan
I don't have any opinions on Rock Islands either way.
Then goodbye.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then goodbye.

Is that the best you can do Bricktop? Who's more credible, a guy who admits he has no opinon regarding a product, or a guy who has a strong opinion that's based on zero credible data, testing, or anything else. An internet tiger with no teeth is indeed an apt description of Bricktop.

Thanks for once again proving you bring nothing but a foul mouth and little else to this site.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Bricktop,

I don't see the need to come up with any credible evidence to disprove your statements because, again, I've got no experience with Rock Islands, and I'm not saying you're wrong. You may be 100% spot on in your opinions as to the quality and long term reliability of Rock Islands. If you could present some credible evidence to support your opinions it would certainly be useful to any members here on the Fire who decide they want to purchase a $500 1911.

I offered to video the destruction of my RIA. Heat in my forge and beat flat on my anvil if he had proof. I would even send him the results of the RIA's trip to my forge but all I got is because he said so. I too would like some data.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
BRICKTOP said it on the internet so it must be so

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Bricktop decided to run his mouth about something he evidently knew nothing about. If he had any evidence that what he was saying was right, he'd have posted it. Personally, I think a person could argue til the cows come home about why certain "upscale" pistolsmiths won't warrant work on RI's, but if they are of soft steel, there should be some evidence of it. Since Bricktop brought it up and won't let it go, he should be the one to bring the evidence, or be outed as a common Anusjester.
I haven't seen anything yet that would counter anything I've posted or stated other than a vigorous attempt to "shout" me down along with a lot of petty insults. Like your posts.

Now that Wal-Fart is starting to sell guns again, I'd predict RIA crap to be one of their mainlines if they choose to sell handguns.
You're utterly full of shixt. You were the one who made the charge that RIA's are soft steel. You are the one who continue to not back up what you said. I didn't read through all KG's stuff, but he did post some things countering what you said. Post some hard numbers to back up your charge of soft steel or remain the uncouth assclown you appear to be. I don't personally give a [bleep].

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Then goodbye.
You leavin'? Well...bye.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Then goodbye.
Is that the best you can do Bricktop? Who's more credible, a guy who admits he has no opinon regarding a product, or a guy who has a strong opinion that's based on zero credible data, testing, or anything else. An internet tiger with no teeth is indeed an apt description of Bricktop.

Thanks for once again proving you bring nothing but a foul mouth and little else to this site.
I thought you had no opinion.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tbear99
BRICKTOP said it on the internet so it must be so
Absolutely. If everyone else can use that as the basis for their "proof," then why can't I? And why is everyone so scared to contact some of the 1911 pistolsmiths I've mentioned -- who've supplied me with my PROOF? Too scared they won't tell you rubes what you want to hear?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't personally give a [bleep].
Then hit the f*ckin' road, too.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Then goodbye.
You leavin'? Well...bye.
Reading really IS fundamental. Mostly mental, where you're concerned.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I wonder, does Chip McCormick work on RIA guns?
If you're to believe the SUCKASSES who've beat the drums in defense of RIA bullshit, there's no 1911 ANYWHERE that Chip McCormick would rather work on than a RIA. Because if it doesn't say RIA, then you've run out of 1911s. Yep, "Made in the Philippines" isn't just what you want in your womens, it's what you NEED on everything. San Miguel beer, LBFMs, jeepneys, and [bleep] 1911s; it just don't get no better than that.

From what I've read, the STI Spartans are built on the Armscor pistols, which is why I was wondering....................

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

One thing to disagree but how about lightening up on the language and personal slams. Foul language only shows lack of vocabulary that is related to a poor education and poor upbringing.

The Handgun Forum has always been a civil place. No need to get personal.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Scott, I'm with you, but I've concluded that Bricktop wouldn't know civil if it bit him on the backside.

Bricktop, you saying some gunsmith has supplied you with proof really doesn't mean a damn thing, now does it? Show us the proof bud, shouldn't be hard to do. I'll continue to wait for your proof.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Scott F
Foul language only shows lack of vocabulary that is related to a poor education and poor upbringing.
I'm a self-made assh*le. Neither my folks nor my Alma mater are to blame. ColeYounger's situation is different, I'm sure.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Scott, I'm with you, but I've concluded that Bricktop wouldn't know civil if it bit him on the backside.

Bricktop, you saying some gunsmith has supplied you with proof really doesn't mean a damn thing, now does it? Show us the proof bud, shouldn't be hard to do. I'll continue to wait for your proof.
Overcome your fear of actual interaction with other adults, or just adults in your special case, and get off your ass and make some calls in the morning, little man. It's not hard to do. For most of us.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Overcome your fear of actual interaction with other adults, or just adults in your special case, and get off your ass and make some calls in the morning, little man. It's not hard to do. For most of us.

Bricktop, I don't need to make any calls because I didn't say Rock Islands are crap. You said that, now prove it. The personal attacks are a typical fall back position when you've got nothing. But hey, show us the proof and we'll lay off. Let's see the proof bud.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Bricktop, I don't need to make any calls because I didn't say Rock Islands are crap. You said that, now prove it. The personal attacks are a typical fall back position when you've got nothing. But hey, show us the proof and we'll lay off. Let's see the proof bud.
I thought you didn't care.

Don't have to prove anything. If you're wanting to disprove my statements -- and that's exactly what you're wanting to do -- then get off your ass and do so. Why the fear of interaction? Are you not allowed to talk to strangers? Yes, your personal attacks are a fall back position for someone who has nothing -- and that's exactly what you've got. I gave you a couple of names of firms, but you're too afraid to call. Either afraid of interaction -- very typical of the socially-inept little people who seek to harangue me -- or afraid you're not going to hear what you want to hear.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Bricktop, I'm not trying to disprove anything. I'm asking you to submit proof in support of your statements that Rock Islands are soft and no self respecting gunsmith will do custom work on them. If you can't present proof to support your opinions, then by god don't ever demand that any other poster on this site do the same when they state an opinion.

Did I make a personal attack on you? Can you show us where I made a personal attack beyond saying you're full of bs? Is that a personal attack if it's true? Calling me socially inept, that's a bit childish, isn't it. Is that really the best you can do?

This has been fun Bricktop, I look forward to doing it again in the future.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Scott F

One thing to disagree but how about lightening up on the language and personal slams. Foul language only shows lack of vocabulary that is related to a poor education and poor upbringing.

The Handgun Forum has always been a civil place. No need to get personal.

I agree. When the discussion turns into insults and swearing that's when I drop out to read only if I'm interested.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

121 members (300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 16 invisible), 1,765 guests, and 973 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,716
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.