-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
YEP, nailed it crow. I deal with this BS already, so I know what the farmers will have to go thru if (when) FEDZILLA gets its way.

We have foreign terrorists to blame for the TSA airline hassles.

The farmers will have domestic terrorists in DC to blame for their new hassles.

Do it today. Tomorrow there may be a law against it.
NRA Life Member
GB1

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
My impression from the reading I have done( not law books) that it also imposes a host of record keeping and log books. It has also been said that very likely that every rig on the farm or ranch would be required to have a CDL driver. Good by to high school kids working for cash to go to school.

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
High school kids? Working?

They have been replaced; those are "jobs Americans won't do"....

And you can bet your ass THEY'LL have no CDL, but then its a "Federal" issue.
Call me warped, but I've watched it happen, even known LEO's to get the roadblocks for issuing citations in cases.

Lotsa coffins for the free...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
death taxes are what has really killed the small farm in America.

Sam......

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
death taxes are what has really killed the small farm in America.

The investment to take over grandpa's or Dad's farm is an enormity....and yes, those taxes are there just to steal land.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't know how to respond without sounding like sour grapes. My family pioneered Texas, settling between Ayish Bayou and the Angelina River in East Texas. About sixty years ago, it was decided by the Federal Government that a couple of reservoirs (Sam Rayburn and Toledo Bend) were more in the interest of the public than my families heritage and wealth. In the name of eminent domain, everything my family had (Tens of thousands of acres of bottom land) was seized by the government. The deal offered was accept $50 per acre, or else.

At least the "or else" doesn't make you feel as cheap.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Comply, citizen.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by oulufinn
Comply, citizen vassal.

Fixed it for you.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
When hauling wheat will one need to get a hazmat endorsement because of the hazard of grain dust?
It seems that people won't be able to do anything without a license for whatever one wants to do.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by plainsman456
When hauling wheat will one need to get a hazmat endorsement because of the hazard of grain dust?
It seems that people won't be able to do anything without a license for whatever one wants to do.

That is the whole object of the exercise, PEOPLE control.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Papers Please peasant!

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 379 Peterbilt
The FMCSA is another bloated bureau that needs it funding slashed bigtime. They are out of [bleep]

Yep!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Billings Gazette
Regulators are suggesting that all wheat shipments be considered interstate, even when farmers making short hauls to local grain elevators aren't crossing state lines. The change would make commercial driver's licenses � and all the log books and medical requirements that go with them � a necessity for farmers. Some might not qualify.

The licenses would also be required of farmers driving farm equipment down public roads. Farmers hauling grain for a neighbor or landlord would be considered commercial drivers hauling for someone else.

Ranchers hauling livestock in trailers as small as 16 feet would also be subject to the new rules.

"Under your proposal, tractors, combines and pickup trucks hauling trailers would be regulated as commercial vehicles," Rehberg wrote. "Producers who operate these vehicles would be required to obtain commercial driver's licenses, medical cards and log their hours as if they were long-haul truck drivers."

More total bullchit from the federal gov't.

If they consider going to the local elevator or local stockyard an intrastate transaction they better make all the tourists pulling boats and campers get a CDL also.

Hell, my mom goes to the store and buys a bag of oranges that came from Florida, she better a get [bleep]' CDL too!

Jesus Christ this country is getting [bleep] up.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yep! The interstate thing seems to work and the Feds want to use it to the max. There is darned little today that does not cross some state line at some time so they think they should control it all.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
This is an example of the Feds using the commerce clause to extend their power.

Same thing with the health care plan Reid, Pelosi and Obama shoved down our throats.

I am a firm believer it is time for the states to propose and pass an amendment to the constitution explicitly defining and securely limiting the scope of the commerce clause. That would return much more control to each individual state which is how this country is supposed to operate.

Montana MOFO
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Say No.

Simple enough...or go along with it. Those are your choices. I believe in my heart that you guys will go along with whatever is thrown at you...and come back on here and whine about it.

Have any of you ever said NO to the govt?

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Hussein & Co. trying to kill off even more jobs, and the last vestiges of independence in America.

The Teamsters, of course, are LOVING this idea.

No, I'm convinced it's more sinister than that. The real goal is to control the food supply and this is another step in that direction. The reintroduction of predators in L48 is another part of it. Also just look at the recently passed so-called food safety bill.

Control the food. Control the people.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by AKbushrat
Say No.

Simple enough...or go along with it. Those are your choices. I believe in my heart that you guys will go along with whatever is thrown at you...and come back on here and whine about it.

You betcha.. I have.. I'll give you an example; the American Community Survey.. "you are required by law to respond..." I told 'em to pound sand - that I would not now, not EVER, fill in that form.. Got the personal 'visit' by a census drone.. Told her the same, pointed out the section/paragraph in the Constitution that defines what the census is, showed her a printout of the trespass laws in this state, then finally handed her a written notice to her, her boss, and any/all agents of the census bureau that they were NOT allowed on this property again. If they come - I can have 'em arrested for trespass since they have been warned, in writing, that it's now illegal for them to be here.. That was in May/June some time, I can't recall the dates, and I haven't heard from that outfit since..

I'll continue to say "NO" to this gov't as often as I can.. And if I was a wheat farmer I'd ignore those bastids too...

Originally Posted by stevelyn

No, I'm convinced it's more sinister than that. The real goal is to control the food supply and this is another step in that direction. The reintroduction of predators in L48 is another part of it. Also just look at the recently passed so-called food safety bill.

Control the food. Control the people.
And I'm convinced you're spot on in your assessment..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AKbushrat
Say No.

Say no?

When you get pulled over and refuse to show 'em your lack of CDL they will remember that. Next time they see you moving equipment or grain or cattle they're gonna pull you over again....and again.
I would imagine that the third of fourth offense would result in a fairly stiff fine or possibly even jail time.

I'm not worried about it here on the Rez because common sense(law enforcement) stills rules but in more metro-dumbass areas it could be a problem. Get the wrong cop all lathered up and they will have it out for you.

Kinda hard to work and get chit done when you're in court or jail.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Um, who is going to enforce a stupid regulation like that? I can't see any South Dakota law enforcement organization doing it.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (10ring1, 1_deuce, 160user, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 66 invisible), 4,078 guests, and 1,117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,582
Posts18,532,275
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.