Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
This kind of BS is what happens when the gov't has too much money, less taxes and less gov't go hand in hand.

Wake up, smell the politician, and re-elect nobody.

"Nee how,nega bin da" (Mandarin: "Hello,dumb a$$)

GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
But yet the Fed sees fit to open the southern border up to semi's from Mexico. Thinks they are safe enough to run the highways without oversight. Go figure.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Um, who is going to enforce a stupid regulation like that? I can't see any South Dakota law enforcement organization doing it.

same people that already enforce the DOT horse crap rules already on the books......

and the thing is , this is not legislation by representativee government , this is stroke of the pen legislation by bureaucrats with nothing better to do .

thankyou so much to those idiot voters that put 'Bama and his merry bunch of commies in power.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't see troopers doing it (except maybe one azzhole I know) and don't think you'll get DOT guys out of their comfy booths at the weigh stations. Sheriffs sure as hell won't care, helluva re-election platform.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

the DOT guys will set up spot checks from time to time , 'specially on routes headed towards elevators or sale barns

troopers will check truckers now , anytime they feel like it

if there is money in it for the state(fines) , you can bet they will be checking tractors and implements .

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wish I had a dime for every law & regulation that nobody thought would be enforced.

As I said, it's not just compliance & street level enforcement that cost, there are administrative costs as well. This is just one more budget line item.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
oh me. yes, we're all in this together.

just this day, i almost got run off the road by a farm dump truck, possibly on the way back to the harvesting fields.

he was running empty, as far as i can tell, and in a hurry for another load of corn silage. he and i shared the road. maybe he more road than i did?

anyways, time is money, for sure. but, please don't run over me and my 87 year old mom, back from shopping at the local Wal-mart mega-store.

in other examples, back about '95, i was almost side-swiped by a big concrete truck coming around a short curve. to his merits he stopped when i hit the inside ditch of the curve when he covered the whole road. the mini-toyota pickup came out unscathed in low gear.

all was well. he went on his way, and i went on mine. was it a driver problem, or a road problem?

drivers, roads, on=coming traffic, and progress. what a concept. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I worked for my buddy's step dad all through high school and college, row cropped several thousand acres along with running a small cow/calf operation. There were times then that I legally needed a CDL but didn't have one, neither did any of my other friends working on other farms. During harvest, DOT just kind of looked the other way and let us get done what needed done.

My mom did see my buddy get pulled over in one of his boss' semi's a few harvests ago, said DOT showed up with the scales, my friend was waving his arms wildly the whole time trying to do some explaining. I later asked him about it, he said he was 20k lbs overweight and they weren't too happy about it. Said it was only a couple hundred dollar fine though.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Say no?

When you get pulled over and refuse to show 'em your lack of CDL they will remember that. Next time they see you moving equipment or grain or cattle they're gonna pull you over again....and again.

The first time will result in at least a thousand dollar fine and impoundment of equipment. There may even be jail time for the first offense. Then they will go after the employer.

It will not be pretty.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
AKbushykunt left the building?

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Funny, I don't feel any loss.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The FMCSA got to look busy with this while they give the Mexican carriers to go ahead.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AKbushrat
Say No.

Simple enough...or go along with it. Those are your choices. I believe in my heart that you guys will go along with whatever is thrown at you...and come back on here and whine about it.

Have any of you ever said NO to the govt?

According to what you've been spouting, gov't buys your bread, your tea, your fuel, your everything. You are owned. Who are you to be telling anyone else to say "no" when all you ever say - according to you anyway- is "yes, yes, yes" ?

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
They pulled this crap in Pa. sometime in the last 2 years. Threatened to withhold funds if PennDoT didn't tighten some of the regs to equal or exceed the federal ones.

Pa. Farm Bureau fought them pretty hard and managed to keep most of the farm exemptions. But it took a lot of public input and legislative work.

Don't just bitch here, send in your comments during the public comment period.

Dale

This space for rent

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Does anyone ever connect the dots here? The government is just doing what the giant agribusiness concerns want them too. ConAgra and the like put their boys in office and this is their payback. The only ones that benefit from the loss of family farms is Big Agra. Follow the money. Our elected officials in Congress do not represent us any longer. They only represent the monied interests that that they whored out to in order to get in office.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The long range purpose of these types of laws, i.e., that negatively impact local family farming and homesteading, is to eliminate food independence. Communists always attack this element in societies prior to massive purges.

Exactly! When you look at the recently passed so-called food safety, bill, predator reintroduction, fedpukes going after those who sell raw milk, the destruction of heirloom vegetable varieties, more and more restrictions on farmers markets, it can only mean one thing. Single point control of the food supply. Control the food. Control the people.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I live in rural wisconsin. We do alot of dairy and crop farming in my area. I see both sides of the coin. For years farm trucks were licensed as such and were not subject to inspection, had cheap licenses, and could be driven by anyone. Alot of our smaller family farms take the crops to the mill via farm tractor with a box/wagon behind it. But as farms have evolved to bigger and bigger commercial we are seeing more and more old junk semi's converted for the haul. It's kind of scary at harvest time seeing even an empty one coming down the road with suspension stuff so bad that they're leaning 10 degrees towards your lane. One of my buddies goes to work past one of the biggest dairy farms in the state. They employ a ton of Mexicans. He says it's pretty scary seeing these guys coming down the road in a cloud of smoke....truck leaning to one side...and they can barely see over the dashboard.
I'm not sure if Wis has passed more licensing requirements lately but this was the norm just a year or two back in my area. FWIW....I hold a cdl and do some part time trucking for a friend with a truck business. I realize "full tilt" truck regulations will be hard on farmers. I'm not sure how to say a compromise can be struck. But what goes on in my area at harvest and manure hauling time is a tragedy looking for a place to happen.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by kraky111
I live in rural wisconsin. We do alot of dairy and crop farming in my area. I see both sides of the coin. For years farm trucks were licensed as such and were not subject to inspection, had cheap licenses, and could be driven by anyone. Alot of our smaller family farms take the crops to the mill via farm tractor with a box/wagon behind it. But as farms have evolved to bigger and bigger commercial we are seeing more and more old junk semi's converted for the haul. It's kind of scary at harvest time seeing even an empty one coming down the road with suspension stuff so bad that they're leaning 10 degrees towards your lane. One of my buddies goes to work past one of the biggest dairy farms in the state. They employ a ton of Mexicans. He says it's pretty scary seeing these guys coming down the road in a cloud of smoke....truck leaning to one side...and they can barely see over the dashboard.
I'm not sure if Wis has passed more licensing requirements lately but this was the norm just a year or two back in my area. FWIW....I hold a cdl and do some part time trucking for a friend with a truck business. I realize "full tilt" truck regulations will be hard on farmers. I'm not sure how to say a compromise can be struck. But what goes on in my area at harvest and manure hauling time is a tragedy looking for a place to happen.

Typical lie-beral...

"Tragedy"....

You know you wanted to use "crisis", and I'm sure you'll find a way in your next whine.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by kraky111
I live in rural wisconsin.
Well, that's just one MORE reason I need to move outta here...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Nimrod....you're such a dumb ass calling my post the use of a crisis. As usual when facts don't fit your viewpoint you have to go on the attack. It's just another example of why people like you will never run this country.

BTW---Redneck when you gonna make that move.....promises promises.

Last edited by kraky111; 08/02/11.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (257 roberts, 1234, 270wsmnutt, 160user, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 69 invisible), 2,351 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,576
Posts18,532,087
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.