Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
DocT Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Does anyone have any input on the quality of CZ O/Us?
I need an affordable one for Pheasants this fall.
I'm considering the Wingshooter in 20Ga

FMFSquid

Doc T
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I can't speak to the Wingshooter but I bought the 12 ga CanvasBack 5 years ago and have never been sorry. It's a very nice weapon for the price. Because of my size, I did shorten the stock but it has a nice cast off and comes to the eye quite well. Fit and finish are good. I don't think you'll be sorry.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I've got a Ringneck side by side and it's been great. Had it for 5 years or so and it's my duck gun as well as sporting clays. CZ makes a good shotgun. For the price it's hard to find a better O/U or SxS.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Never seen or handled the "wingshooter" but I currently have a Bobwhite, Ringneck, Redhead, woodcock, and several other CZ offerings. For the price they are the best O/U or SxS on the market in my opinion. I have put several thousand rounds through my Ringneck 20ga and have never had an issue. I am also a big fan of the CZ walnut. Nice wood for a little cash. ( I have not paid MSRP for any of my CZs new and I have found several of them for under $500 new. Always check with CDNN.)

Enjoy the hunt while it lasts!
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
They're imported by CZ here locally. I've gotten to know Alice and a few of their people and shoot sporting clays with a couple of them. They're Turkish guns, which is about enough to say. They're the polyester leisure suit of shotguns--functional but certain not to garner style points. The guns that they actually make are superior to the ones that they import IMO. Now that they're sponsoring Tom Knapp, their rep with the shotgun world may increase.
JMO, YMMV.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
gmoats,

I was getting ready to say the same thing, they're not made by CZ, they're made for CZ. I almost wanted to say by Huglu, but am not certain of that and won't stand behind it, but thought I'd read that at one time.

That said, every report I've ever read about them says they're certainly functional guns for the price paid for them. I've debated many times whether I wanted to drop the $500 or $600 for one or just save my money for a higher grade SxS. So far I've done neither. smile

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by gmoats
They're importedNow that they're sponsoring Tom Knapp, their rep with the shotgun world may increase.
JMO, YMMV.

Not likely. He is a trick shot and not even close to the top of that list.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I've got a redhead 20 gauge and have no complaints. I am not much of a trap/skeet shooter, just a pheasant/chuckar/grouse hunter. I only put about 200 rounds through it a year at most though they are in temps from 80 to -20 (I take my bird hunting seriously) and have had zero problems. Good gun for the price.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
They're importedNow that they're sponsoring Tom Knapp, their rep with the shotgun world may increase.
JMO, YMMV.

...not sure that I follow your logic---of course he's a trick shot, and while he may have been eclipsed by the exwinchester/mossberg kid and Scott Robertson's Xtrema demo, he's still far and away the best showman which is what those events are all about. My point was that he'll bring some notoriety to the brand name. I had dinner with Tom awhile back and he's quite open about discussing the fact that he wouldn't be competitive in todays tournament shooting--he'll be the first to tell you that he's a "trick shot."

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I have a 20 ga. Redhead O/U under (26" barrel) and I like it a lot, it's not a Browning but I paid $569 for mine NIB, 5 chokes and barrel selector. Goes bang every time!

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
An example of one, but a word of caution, keep the barrels pointed down range.
I had a NIB Ringneck and first two shells loaded. Left barrel fires and right would not. Move selector level, reload and right barrel fires, but left wont. Reload and neither fire. Open and close action forcefully and left barrel fired on closing! Tried a few more times and never had both barrels fire w/o opening and closing. Also fired on closing two more times. Trigger had serious issues.

Worst part was, sent back to CZ on my dime. Took four months to get it back. Tried it with snap caps and seemed to function properly, but the trigger pull was very heavy now.

Traded it off and yes, they are nade in Turkey by Huglu.

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
What I am saying is that the name isn't a name that brings in the sales. Second it is a gun made for entry level shooters and field hunters that are looking for a gun in their pricepoint. Which is a good gun in its pricepoint. Not knock the gun nor Tom just pointing out the facts.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
D
DocT Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Rock on Thanks guys!

Doc T
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
JMO, YMMV.

Lee???

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

193 members (29aholic, 308xray, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 2500HD, 300_savage, 27 invisible), 1,790 guests, and 978 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,186
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.