Print Thread
Hop To
E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
How good does the stretchable waterproof clothing like 'stormfront', etc hold up? How does it compare in reliability to E-vent jackets, plants?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can speak for Sitka's waterproof gear myself but I have been searching for something along these very same lines and I am leaning heavily towards the eVent stuff. I've tried the Gore Tex breathable gear (non Sitka) and it simply didn't hold up to constant heavy rain nor walking through sopping wet brush. Of all the items i've added to my gear collection, this one has been the most difficult to narrow down without spending enough money to cover a truck payment.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wear the Sitka Downpour series, it's an older version. This is my favorite set of rain gear. It has kept me dry during nine straight days of rain. In full disclosure I'll say water did wick up my sleeves and pant cuffs. There was also my failure to properly store my gear one night and this nearly saturated the set. Was lucky enough to have a break in the weather to dry the gear and prepare for more rain the same day.

I have realistic expectation from rain gear. If it's raining all the time then I expect to get wet somewhat. Keeping my core dry is my primary concern. A driving horizonal storm will cause cause all gear to fail eventually - IMHO.

I'm certain there are less expensive options, I just don't know what they are.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
The Stormfront by Sitka does not stretch, it features an articulated cut to increase the range of motion. If you are looking for stretch, you would need to look at the Stormfront Lite or the newer version of the Downpour, these jackets are a Gore-Tex PacLite construction that does feature 2-way stretch.

The S.F. Lite and Downpour are nice for packing (compress small and very light), but for longevity, durability and a jacket for the long haul I would look at the Stormfront or Coldfront. As far as durability of the waterproofness, Gore-Tex guarantee's the waterproofness of their fabrics with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends upon the character of the user" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
thanks to all.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
i wonder if any of the event stuff is made for hunters-as in quiet, for bow hunting.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (10gaugeman, 153, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 48 invisible), 2,363 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,530
Posts18,472,708
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.