Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
tis what gov't does, is avoid tragedy for us commoners

but the greatest tragedy in gov't's eyes is finding a pool they've not dipped their beak in.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
GB1

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by kraky111
Nimrod....you're such a dumb ass calling my post the use of a crisis. As usual when facts don't fit your viewpoint you have to go on the attack. It's just another example of why people like you will never run this country.

BTW---Redneck when you gonna make that move.....promises promises.

People like me?

What kind of "people" is that?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by kraky111
I live in rural wisconsin. We do alot of dairy and crop farming in my area. I see both sides of the coin. For years farm trucks were licensed as such and were not subject to inspection, had cheap licenses, and could be driven by anyone. Alot of our smaller family farms take the crops to the mill via farm tractor with a box/wagon behind it. But as farms have evolved to bigger and bigger commercial we are seeing more and more old junk semi's converted for the haul. It's kind of scary at harvest time seeing even an empty one coming down the road with suspension stuff so bad that they're leaning 10 degrees towards your lane. One of my buddies goes to work past one of the biggest dairy farms in the state. They employ a ton of Mexicans. He says it's pretty scary seeing these guys coming down the road in a cloud of smoke....truck leaning to one side...and they can barely see over the dashboard.
I'm not sure if Wis has passed more licensing requirements lately but this was the norm just a year or two back in my area. FWIW....I hold a cdl and do some part time trucking for a friend with a truck business. I realize "full tilt" truck regulations will be hard on farmers. I'm not sure how to say a compromise can be struck. But what goes on in my area at harvest and manure hauling time is a tragedy looking for a place to happen.

not true at all

any truck , whether straight or semi that grosses over 26000 lbs has always needed a DOT inspection, reguardless of the type of plates it carries

any farm truck over 26000 has the same safety requirements (brakes , lights, good mechanical condition , etc.) as an equivalent commercial vehicle .

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Well not the trucks I'm talking about. You had me going there and I was scratching my head over what I was seeing and trying to balance it with farm truck laws.
BUT.....the vehicles I'm talking about are being run around our area used in the harvest of crops and bringing them back to the farm. FROM WHAT i CAN SEE THEY DON'T EVEN NEED A LICENSE.
Alot of these trucks are older semi's with frames lengthened and sileage boxes put on the backs...they aren't trailers...they're big trucks. Some also have open box manure spreaders. And alot of the bigger farms in our area own smaller farms as much as 30 miles away.
Heres the Wisconsin statute exemption:

341.05 When vehicles
exempt from
registration
A vehicle , even though operated upon a highway of this state, is exempt from registration if any of the
following applies:
(7) The vehicle is a farm tractor used exclusively in agricultural operations, including threshing, or
used exclusively to provide power to drive other machinery, or to transport from job to job machinery
driven by a farm tractor.
(9) The vehicle is a trailer or semitrailer used exclusively for the transportation of farm machinery,
implements, produce or supplies on a farm or between farms.
(13m) The vehicle is a trailer, semitrailer or camping trailer having a gross weight of 3,000 pounds or
less and not used for hire or rental.
(17) The vehicle is an implement of husbandry, s.340.01(24).
(28) Notwithstanding s.34126 (3)(ar), the vehicle is a farm truck tractor being operated solely in
intrastate transportation and in transporting manure, grains, silage, haylage, or equipment between
fields or between a farm and a field at the time of operation
or is being operated from its point of
purchase to the operator�s farm. This subsection does not apply to transportation by a common motor
carrier or a contract motor carrier.
Note: Trucks with permanently mounted potato boxes and special low ration gearing used solely to
collect and transport potatoes in harvest and planting seasons are �implements of husbandry� exempt
from registration under sub.(17). State v. Okay Produce Co.

Last edited by kraky111; 08/02/11.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Today is our market day. We harvested and took our harvest to three places, two stores and one restaurant. Then we drove our pickup to the feed coop to buy feed.

Our hay is bailed and we sold a couple of hundred bales in the field. Those buyers came from small farms and hauled it home in their pickups and trailers.

Under this law wouldn't every one of those drivers needed a CDL?

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
No, I don't think you'd need a CDL for a pickup even if you were doing an intrastate transaction.

They're after bigger vehicles/equipment.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[bleep] em', and the diseased , spavined dying bag of bones they rode in,....claiming it was a horse
and the chithole CITY they were spawned in

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
They would have a heck of a time enforcing it if they did.

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by OlyWa
Does anyone ever connect the dots here? The government is just doing what the giant agribusiness concerns want them too. ConAgra and the like put their boys in office and this is their payback. The only ones that benefit from the loss of family farms is Big Agra. Follow the money. Our elected officials in Congress do not represent us any longer. They only represent the monied interests that that they whored out to in order to get in office.

And you can bet your ass illegal Pedro will be wheeling it, sans ANY legit DL, let alone a CDL.....at least around here its pretty common around "pig towns".

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Scott F
They would have a heck of a time enforcing it if they did.

STUPID,...even trying.

Good " boots on the ground " evals. of alla' this are springing out of our latest "Police Riot" down here, during that series of "Fires",......Live vids, recordings ALL being held CLOSE to the vest,....

Looks pretty manageable,....most of the folks involved do NOT want to see any further escalation of stupidity, or disclosure of hard FACT.

all good,....that.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OlyWa
Does anyone ever connect the dots here? The government is just doing what the giant agribusiness concerns want them too. ConAgra and the like put their boys in office and this is their payback. The only ones that benefit from the loss of family farms is Big Agra. Follow the money. Our elected officials in Congress do not represent us any longer. They only represent the monied interests that that they whored out to in order to get in office.

I'm Intrigued,....

DEATH don't come early, or soon enough for whoever these azzwholes are ?

GTC

rattler Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
No, I don't think you'd need a CDL for a pickup even if you were doing an intrastate transaction.

They're after bigger vehicles/equipment.

a pickup pulling a trailer over 15 feet long would require a CDL according to the proposal......

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
yup . and pretty much ANY tractor and or implement operated on a public road

of course , along with the CDL you would need the safety inspections , lighting , etc. for any equipment

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Glad I kept my CDL and my health card is up to date but I'll be damned if I will keep a loge book to go to the feed store. frown

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So a guy needs a CDL, log book, etc. to work rented land the next section over, or even his own land across the road from his machine shed. Yeah, I can see that happening! Right after nailing the guy that trailers a few head to the sale barn behind his pickup.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It would be easy. The brands inspector would be standing there with a DOT ticket book. It is all the Feds and they will stop at nothing.

rattler Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
those that say there will be no one to enforce the laws must not live in ag areas.....i see DOT guys all the time having farmers pulled over now to check weights.....not really gonna take any extra effort on any regulatory body to ask to see their CDL now too....

being on the rez though its funny watching the new guys pull over a tribal member that really doesnt look to tribal.....know a couple of them that wait till they have everything checked and the ticket filled out saying they are overweight to produce their tribal ID just to [bleep] with the DOT guys grin

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Now that would be fun! grin

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This potential bill is BS and I hope there is enough of a outcry to stop it from moving forward.

In NY for driving a truck over 26000 there is ag license for farmers or their employees that has most of the same questions as a CDL written and the same road test. However you don't need a physical and can only drive trucks with farmer or ag plates-no commercial vehicles.
Farmers can put farmer plates on trucks and not need the truck inspected. However it is for personal farm use only, within 25 miles, and you have to have your routes used for your fields listed on a card given you when you register in the truck for officers to be able to verify. It is pretty limited.
Ag plates require a inspection and don't have limits as to where they can be driven.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Another example of the Warlord and his band of marxists trying to kill off as much of the US economy as possible. Wait til you read about the new FDA regulations for produce! The EPA just doubled the CAFE standards from 27 to 54mpg for 2017. Course today's market crash of 512 is just an aberration.

I think it was Rush today said that the federal government put in place 608 regulations just for July at an estimated cost of $10B.

Putin was right last week when he called the US economy a "parasite for the world".

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (270wsmnutt, 10ring1, 257 roberts, 1234, 160user, 1lessdog, 70 invisible), 2,392 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,576
Posts18,532,115
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.