Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Once the FMCSA proposes a rule they have pretty much made up their minds.It is not often they back down. It is another one of the agencies that can make laws wit no input from Congress. There is a requirement for public input but nothing says they have to listen.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F
It would be easy. The brands inspector would be standing there with a DOT ticket book. It is all the Feds and they will stop at nothing.

Surrounded by a bunch of pissed off farmers and ranchers? Man, I'd pay to see that!

I don't drive the back road all that much but don't recall seeing the (SD) DOT guys out except on major paved farm to market highways. Lots of obviously overweight grain trucks on county and township roads speeding to get that last load to the elevator before it closes though. DOT does nail a few, shows up in the court report in the paper, but a small fraction of what they could.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
think the govt. types don't check around sale barns ?

I know of 2 guys that got nailed at the Watertown barn for having dyed fuel in their diesel pickups....not only you got DOT watching you got both federal and state revenue agents dipping fuel tanks .

another fella I know was pulled over by Feds and had his tank dipped after he left the barn .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That I can see, cheating on state fuel tax. The rest of us pick up the slack in property tax. I don't spend time at the Sisseton barn so I can't say who's there. Supposed to be a decent cafe there, but unless you're comfortable with "the smell of money" it's strong enough to knock your socks off! laugh

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by AKbushrat
Say No.

Simple enough...or go along with it. Those are your choices. I believe in my heart that you guys will go along with whatever is thrown at you...and come back on here and whine about it.

Have any of you ever said NO to the govt?

Rumor has it that the grain elevators will not accept your grain/products if your documents are not in order. This may also extend to Cattlemen and other livestock producers hauling animals to market.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I can see it now. Five cowboys on their horses driving a herd beef cows to the auction yard getting stopped to a DOT horse inspection. They want to see a CRL (commercial riders license), Log book, and the cowboys health card from the nearest STD clinic. Then the will inspect the horse shoes for tread depth, the cinches for tightness and strength but when they lift the tails of those horses to dip their tanks I am guessing things will go down hill real fast!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by AKbushrat
Say No.

Simple enough...or go along with it. Those are your choices. I believe in my heart that you guys will go along with whatever is thrown at you...and come back on here and whine about it.

Have any of you ever said NO to the govt?

Rumor has it that the grain elevators will not accept your grain/products if your documents are not in order.
Maybe this is why I've been noticing more family-owned storage facilities popping up.. A brand-new bunch of large grain bins were erected on SD-45, about 15+ miles south of Hy 212.. Looks to be owned by couple large wheat farmers.. That way they can bypass a normal elevator operation and just ship direct to the end-user..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Scott F
I can see it now. Five cowboys on their horses driving a herd beef cows to the auction yard getting stopped to a DOT horse inspection. They want to see a CRL (commercial riders license), Log book, and the cowboys health card from the nearest STD clinic. Then the will inspect the horse shoes for tread depth, the cinches for tightness and strength but when they lift the tails of those horses to dip their tanks I am guessing things will go down hill real fast!
Fer the love of Mike, don't be givin' this gov't any more bright ideas.. Knowing the morons in this administration now - you can bet this idea just got sent to 'em and they're workin' on the bill - even as I type this..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
laugh

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1234, 29aholic, 160user, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 222Sako, 69 invisible), 2,314 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,575
Posts18,532,025
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.