Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Two suggestions �

� Kent put a lot into our shindig. And he isn't a financial peer of Bill Gates or George Soros. So if some of you want to pitch-in to take some of the load off Kent's wallet, you can send whatever you wish to me (especially if you prefer to do so anonymously), and I'll send it on to Kent.

� More than one of our beloved Campfellows wanted to join us but were too far away. A couple of 'em told me that their schedules would stand it but their budgets wouldn't. When I mentioned this to some of the guys, one said "I wish [he'd/she'd] said something to me! I'd've sent [him/her] an airline ticket!" And a couple of the others said "So would I!"

So let's consider establishing a special "Come join us" fund for sponsoring a fellow or fellows whom we'd especially like to have with us � like TLEE, Boggy Creek Ranger, Shooting Lady, Hound Girl, for example. We should pick three guys to handle the fund (I suggest any three of the following, for example � CCCC, krp, Border Doc, THOMASMAGNUM, DARBY � to govern the details, with the choice of invitee to be decided by the other participants' nomination and vote).

How much do you reckon that we could manage to put into such a fund, with the amount of each contribution to be up to the donor (IOW, no mandatory amount)?

What do you think of the idea?

Any pertinent suggestion or comment to add?

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would chip in even if I don't get to come to the next one. I would have tried this year but for the knee surgery. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Jim- I know you took a lot of pics- let's see some of them. Especially the fotografia sangrienta

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
I'm good for the event, some put some dollars toward my 'Jr deer hunt camp' food fund... don't send Ken money for me.

I've also started a separate thread, if you could post pictures/response there... I feel many pass over the sticky threads without looking by habit... I know I do for the other sticky threads.

Thanks

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Money is not my problem Ken,it is timing with family duty necessarily coming first before my wanderlust.

Thank you for thinking of me.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Looks like a great time!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Howdy. . .

Better late than out of focus.
Here are some of the Quemado photos. My youngest son was VERY helpful in getting these into the Campfire discussion.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

And a few more.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wow , really nice bull. Where did you find him Jim?

I reckon that will set young Mr. Graham spinnning!!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
No way.... out of velvet already??? Too Green in that area for this to be recent.

Lifetime member: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers & Wild Sheep Foundation
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jon, you are sharp to analyze and question that pic. But,some regular rains have made it quite green here now (greener than that pic) and the velvet is starting to break down on the bigger ones now.

The bull in that pic looks about like some hanging out between here and Jewett Gap, and two were feeding out behind our place last evening after the rain. They are going to start splitting up and moving out of this "busier" locale as the rut comes on and the bow hunters begin to arrive - just makes the hunt more interesting.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Paul, My muzzleloader deer hunt will be 9/24-9/30. I hope to get one weekend to come down there to scout. Will give you a shout when I know which weekend. I would like my son-in-law and my neighbor Tom to meet you, if they can come down to scout with me. By the way, Jon, good luck on all your hunts, especially the sheep hunt, you lucky dog!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hi J48.
Will you be scouting in August, or September? It would be great to meet your son-in-law and neighbor, and I hope it works out.

As it turns out, weekends in Sept. have gotten crowded. 9-11 we will have relatives from Pennsylvania all over our place and 16-18 we will have about 20 of my former students here. I will not be able to break away for any scouting either weekend, but you are more than welcome to come here to chat about the area, look over some maps, meet your folks, etc.

Labor Day weekend will be better, although I do have to be down in Reserve early on Saturday 9/3.

Keep in touch,
Paul

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey JON - when ya got a "lot" of time and want info on coues just go to utube and type coues thousands of videos and extras to watch

AZCOUES___Border Rat Clan
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You guys are good observers.

That is a bull from west of Durango CO from Aug/Sep of 2009, and I had a cow license! I just threw that photo in to get your blood pumping.

Best wishes in autumn adventures.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's to a bigger crowd and even more fun 13�15 July 2012!

Come meet a lot of fine folks and one totally useless ol' fossil!

Ladies 'n' chillun especially welcome!

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 1234, 12344mag, 219DW, 1OntarioJim, 49 invisible), 2,248 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,134
Posts18,483,931
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.