Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Huntz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
I really don`t like a 2 Stage trigger on anything.Will be used for Prairie Rats & punchin paper.I was looking at The Jard adjustable 1 1/2 lb trigger.Anyone have experience with one or any other single stage triggers????Thanks ahead Huntz

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I can't comment on the JARD but I can state categorically that if you want the absolute BEST AR trigger ever designed, get the AR Gold. Nothing else is in the same league. It has about an eigth to three-sixteens of take-up then it breaks like a buffed 700 Rem trigger.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
sometimes the short take up will catch you, for an unexpected second shot, .. notice you qualified your best statement with best designed, why is it the best designed?

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Etoh
why is it the best designed?

If the trigger jumps off the sear, as can happen with any semi-, there is a "backup" sear that catches. You merely have a slightly increased trigger pull to contend with, under stress, you probably won't even notice it.

The friend that turned me on to these works at a place that has a bunch of Brit ammo that is overpressure and REALLY prone to blow primers. My friend literally shoots out barrels where he works, in addition to going to 3-gun matches. He has stripped his lower apart and dumped out a half dozen primers. Any body who's shot an AR a while knows that nothing will hang up a GI trigger, much less a box-type trigger, like a loose primer.

Let me know of another "700-like" trigger that'll do that when you find it.

Last edited by Take_a_knee; 08/05/11. Reason: spellin'
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have a 1 1/2lb jard in one of my ar's. It is a very nice trigger except for it's very slow lock time. You will probably need to tap your pistol grip threads all the way through in order to utilize the trigger. I haven't measured mine, but it feels less than 1 1/2lbs. Make sure you clean all the oil off your screws and threads before you locktite the trigger or it will come loose on you.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
1 1/2lb single stage triggers in ARs are not safe.

Plus, the spring in the designs that I'm aware of has to be so light that not only is locktime slow, the hammer strike is light. They are marginal triggers, just a breath away from an AD or a misfire.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
I can't comment on the JARD but I can state categorically that if you want the absolute BEST AR trigger ever designed, get the AR Gold. Nothing else is in the same league. It has about an eigth to three-sixteens of take-up then it breaks like a buffed 700 Rem trigger.

That take up either makes it a 2 stage trigger OR its called creep. In a single stage creep sucks. IN a 2 stage you take up most weight on first and least on second... easy to get used to.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
The AR Gold is a 2 stage trigger. Either that, or their website is incorrect.

http://www.americantrigger.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=60

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by FTR_Shooter

http://www.americantrigger.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=60

Well, it has 0.009 more travel than a 1911, so I guess a 1911 is a two-stage also.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have couple of Timney and a couple of McCormick , take your pick they are both great trigges

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Huntz,

I am a fan of light pull, single stage triggers myself. Unfortuanetly, there are not many available for an AR platform. The geiselle triggers are truly the top of the line triggers for the AR. They have the slowest lock time of any triggers available for AR platforms and they offer a variety of trigger types. They do not offer a true single stage trigger, to my dismay, but the SD-e is a superb drop in two stage. They also offer excellent adjustable triggers and the 3 gun triggers are a hybrid 2 stage and single stage trigger.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
As I stated earlier I have the same JARD you are thinking about buying. It has about a 1000 rounds through it and it functions great. The major downside to it is that it has one of the slowest lock times of any of the triggers available, so unless you are extreamly diciplined, it may cause some accuracy errors.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by chicoredneck
Huntz,

I am a fan of light pull, single stage triggers myself. Unfortuanetly, there are not many available for an AR platform. The geiselle triggers are truly the top of the line triggers for the AR. They have the slowest lock time of any triggers available for AR platforms and they offer a variety of trigger types. They do not offer a true single stage trigger, to my dismay, but the SD-e is a superb drop in two stage. They also offer excellent adjustable triggers and the 3 gun triggers are a hybrid 2 stage and single stage trigger.

Let me disagree violently with you on that statement; the Geissele has the fastest lock time in AR trigegrs, that is their claim to fame.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by chicoredneck
As I stated earlier I have the same JARD you are thinking about buying. It has about a 1000 rounds through it and it functions great. The major downside to it is that it has one of the slowest lock times of any of the triggers available, so unless you are extreamly diciplined, it may cause some accuracy errors.

Your needle is stuck in a groove, methinks.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

Well, it has 0.009 more travel than a 1911, so I guess a 1911 is a two-stage also.

Feels like a 2 stage to me too. 1911 alwyas has felt just like a 2 stage.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Methinks it was a typo... Geiselle is fast.

A good friend has a JARD and says its a major improvement over the factory. That doesn't tell me all I need to know though...

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Heck of a typo, how do you see "fast" in "slowest"?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Heck of a typo, how do you see "fast" in "slowest"?

typo in his head, he thought fastest and typed slowest.... I've been known to be wrong though... I just figured no one was dumb enough to proclaim Bills triggers to be slow or the slowest, especially if they knew how many years of tinkering he worked into that product! He was full into prototype thinking in 2002/2003... when did they come out?

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Oh, you mean "brain fart." He also probably meant "two stage" when he said "single stage", and "upside" when he said "downside." Talk about reading between the lines.

I got mine in 2006. It has a 3 digit S/N.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Sorry, I meant the geisselle has the fastest lock time, but typed slowest. The jard triggers have one of the slowest, if not the slowest lock time. A brain fart for sure. Sorry for any confusion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

220 members (1_deuce, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 29aholic, 28 invisible), 2,021 guests, and 1,055 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,197
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.