Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
tlfw Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
What are the options out there? I'm looking for something that I can use to replace the factory brake, but will be more prone shooting friendly. The factory brake throws dirt and dust all over the place, including my eyes and face. That isn't too fun on most days...

I've heard of JP and Holland, but I don't know if they will go on the factory barrel. I've also heard Vias, but I don't see a design that doesn't have the holes in the brake on the bottom like the Holland and JP ones.

Any and all ideas are much appreciated.

Thanks.

The land of the free because of the brave.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Check out straight shot gunsmithing I have a V-port brake on my 338 edge.

1 and done
tlfw Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I'll check them out. Thanks.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have used a Badger Thruster on a 7x300 WBY and it works awesome!

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

tlfw Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I talked with Nathan from Straight Shot Gunsmithing and he sounded like a stand up guy. I like his products and will be looking into using him in the future. However, his holes in the V comp are larger than the Badger Thruster Tactical Compensator and won't allow for turning down the O.D. of the brake to match my existing barrel. It looks like I'm going to give the Badger awhirl as I can have it turned to match exisitng contour the best. I'm trying to make lemonade....

IC B2

tlfw Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
and, Thanks for the help guys.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Nathan's V Port brakes are pretty impressive. I had him put one on my 7mm Ultramag and it took recoil down to almost nothing.

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by tlfw
I talked with Nathan from Straight Shot Gunsmithing and he sounded like a stand up guy. I like his products and will be looking into using him in the future. However, his holes in the V comp are larger than the Badger Thruster Tactical Compensator and won't allow for turning down the O.D. of the brake to match my existing barrel. It looks like I'm going to give the Badger awhirl as I can have it turned to match exisitng contour the best. I'm trying to make lemonade....

The more you turn them down, the less effective they are. Just saying...

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

tlfw Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Originally Posted by tlfw

The more you turn them down, the less effective they are. Just saying...

I know...my call on the turning the brake down. Heck, I generally hunt with the brake off and the thread protector on. I hate the way the factory thread protector looks too...and I'd like that to be fixed as well.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 64 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,773
Posts18,515,633
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.