Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
Getting hotter there, it seems. Any campfire AZ residents near there with local info on this swirling mess?

Looks like Chief Jeff Gilbert is calling in the FBI to stop the terrorists he has identified from having a peaceful gathering on August 27th. This after he has fired 10 officers who have refused his orders to attack local folks.

Town council has stripped the mayor of duties & put the chief in charge. Crazy stuff going on there it seems.

Link to local Tea Party blog discussing this mess. http://phoenixteaparty.ning.com/profiles/blogs/greater-phoenix-tea-party-have?xg_source=activity

Link to 10 cops fired for resisting corruption. http://www.quartzsitemineshaft.com/

Link to 07-10 closed meeting by city council. http://thedesertfreedompress.blogspot.com/2011/08/quartzsite-breaking-news.html

They seem a bit concerned..

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Sunstroke?

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Time for a take over by the citizens of the town.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
He'll change his tune once one'nem Mexican cartels arrives and starts cuttin' all his family member's heads off..

Chit like that will cure political correctness like penicillin cures strep throat.

Time is on our side,..just wait.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by T LEE
Time for a take over by the citizens of the town.

Yup. In Montana we call that vigilante justice and it works every time it's tried. Just ask Sheriff Plummer and his road agents if you see them. Oh wait a minute, you won't be going there forget the see 'em part. smile

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is all a mistake...

I just heard in recent weeks, from another member here, about how the entire state of Arizona is pulling together for the conservative side...

I ran an episode by him, from Arizona, which didn't seem like everyone was on the conservative side... he correctly guessed that it happened in Pima county, and explained that they weren't really a part of Arizona...
The rest of the state, he assured, was indeed pulling together...

Ergo, this stuff in Pinal county just couldn't be...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
This is simply a town with out an of control, corrupt city council & a police chief under investigation by the state for using his power to attack his politcal foes. Looks like he is slowly losing his battle to be the emperor of this little town of 4000. Here comes da judge! Good news for the 10 officers he is attacking. smile

http://tucsoncitizen.com/arizona-news/2011/08/06/judge-halts-firing-of-quartzsite-officers/

Judge halts firing of Quartzsite officers

by Dennis Wagner on Aug. 06, 2011 under Arizona Republic News

A La Paz County judge has issued temporary restraining orders to block the town of Quartzsite from firing two police officers who had accused the police chief of misconduct and to prevent other police employees from being subjected to polygraph exams.

Attorneys for the Quartzsite officers sought the first injunction after most of the town�s police force was suspended and at least two officers received termination notices amid political controversy that has engulfed the community.

Superior Court Judge Randolph Bartlett agreed that disciplinary moves against the officers by town administrators may violate First Amendment and due-process rights. In a Monday ruling, he ordered Quartzsite officials to halt attempts to fire the officers and to reinstate any who already had been terminated.

Court records show that town officials then sought to conduct mandatory polygraph exams of some officers, prompting another civil complaint. On Wednesday, Bartlett issued a temporary restraining order to block the lie-detector tests.

Quartzsite, a town of about 4,000 in the desert two hours west of Phoenix, has been snarled in political feuding for months. Mayor Ed Foster and some residents allege that the Town Council and administrators repeatedly violated laws governing public meetings and records. Arizona Attorney General Tom Horne and the state Ombudsman�s Office investigated and verified some of those allegations in written reports.
Foster and his supporters also claimed that Police Chief Jeff Gilbert has repeatedly abused his authority, using it to harass and arrest political foes. In May, about two-thirds of the town�s officers joined that allegation and asked the Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training Board to investigate. The state Department of Public Safety subsequently stepped in to conduct that probe, which is not yet completed.Amid the turmoil, town administrators suspended 10 police employees and began issuing termination notices.

In his order, Bartlett said actions by municipal personnel may have been carried out by �potentially biased decision-makers.� He set a hearing for Aug. 15 to determine whether the restraining orders should become permanent.

The town manager, town attorney and other Quartzsite officials were not available for comment Friday, according to an employee answering phones at Town Hall.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Years ago,....

An "Ex-Mayor" of Quartzite bought me a LOT of Gin and Tonics one smokin' hot afternoon,...and in the middle of discussing WW2 International Harvester Halftrack frame repairs, Engine rebuilds, and Long Range Rifle accuracy just flat out ASKED me if I'd be interested in killing his political opponent.......It was VERY drunk out, at that particular moment.

Weird place, fulla' weird whackos,.....I see it hasn't changed.

Couple of A-10 Gun runs would "Cure" that place.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 08/06/11.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
Laffin'. Sounds like a real slice of heaven, but with more drama!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by johnw
he correctly guessed that it happened in Pima county, and explained that they weren't really a part of Arizona...

Last time I looked, Quartzite was still in La Paz County, a good 200 miles or so west of Pima County. That probably explains why the court in La Paz County issued the restraining orders mentioned in the mentioned in the Tucson Citizen article.

They are only 20 miles or so from the California border, and that may explain a lot...

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wish you'd left the geography out of it.

Quartzite is a large above ground septic field,....from what I saw (and have heard since)

Hard to figure what folks find "Romantic" about bad water, and Sanitation.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Not an International, but I have got a really nice M7, built on top of an Allis Chalmers foundation and Willy's drive engine. Also have 4 more for parts.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AKbushrat
Not an International, but I have got a really nice M7, built on top of an Allis Chalmers foundation and Willy's drive engine. Also have 4 more for parts.

Not familiar with "M7"

Not that you'll ever POST any pictures anyway.

"WTF is an "M7" ?

Help !

GTC

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
M7 Army Half-Track...snow tractor...They were originally brought to Alaska for search and rescue operations, but some were 'modified' a bit, for tactical purposes...some were. Very effective machines and solidly built.

T
T
Quatzite is strange indeed. In the summer population runs 4,00 or a lot less. In the winter it is 80,000 or more. Snow birds move in and live on the desert in trailers,RV's and pickup campers. It's a large mess n the winter and now it looks like it's a different mess..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Somebody could do a GREAT Sci-Fi "Survival" Movie in Quartzite.

Think Overcrowding, Filth, degradation and garnish with a soupcon of malevolence.

As noted,....the whole goddam scam should be shut down.

GTC

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Don't they use a lot of Solar Green Energy there for the campers?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Last time I looked, Quartzite was still in La Paz County,

doh!!! yeah, i looked it up before i posted...

musta pulled pinal county out of my imagination... don't think i know anyone who lives there...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
When I googled Quartzite, I got pictures of scanitly clad women looking for action, while their menfolk were sitting around drinking beer. Someplace else I need to check out in the near future.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just what we need ,....new and previously unidentified venereal diseases.

Go suck blubber,...

GTC

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

65 members (Buckshot5, Big1bud, beefan, 300_savage, 6 invisible), 1,414 guests, and 814 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,592
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.