Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 712 of 1,842 1 2 710 711 712 713 714 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
All this beer talk is making me thirsty!

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We're chickenbuck bound. Not much risk for me since I'm close to home if we get rained out.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Watch it sizzers!

all aluminum is junk, new, old, all of it.

grin

On the bright side aluminum will bring pretty good money at the scrap yard. Prices around here ranged from .70 cents to a $1 per pound a month ago.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Bright side, schmight side. mad Getting burned out working all these hours. More rain coming today too.

Thursday, my tune will change. I'm headed to Mille Lacs for 3 days.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Going to hit here tonight. The good news is that daytime highs are going to be in the mid 70's all next week, nights in the 50's. I can finally give the A/C a rest.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
WE Fest is AWESOME!!!! Thursday night was Blake Shelton & Brad Paisley. Lastnight was Willie Nelson, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Sugarland. Tonight is Darius Rucker, Miranda Lambert, and Rascal Flats.

Sad that it is the last night, but my liver will need a break by then. That is bound to happen with all the free beer. smile

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Free beer ya say? You never said nuttin about free beer when you mentioned you needed a date. grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Watch it sizzers!

all aluminum is junk, new, old, all of it.

grin

You had better trade in those loominum wheels on that fancy new economy car for some steelies then. I prolly have some kickin around here for you.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like a buck / # for scrap / junk .
http://www.metalprices.com/
Pics would be pricless though when the wounds heal from whatever happened whistle

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Great weekend we're all beat from too much fun I think. grin

I'll ask Pam to do the whole weekend report with pics since she took all the pictures and she got some really good ones.

smile

Something clever here.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The only reason I got this job this time around is because ND is tired and full of ice cream and blueberries. UGH! Here goes though.

Friday night we all rolled in pretty much at the same time. We had a fire going and the dragonflies were out in full force eating hardy. ND is signing Splashy's cast that she should get off in 2 weeks...Camp Chickenbuck is everywhere.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Saturday it rained off and on, but we managed to get some blueberry picking done to the total of one 5 quart ice cream bucket. We also did some "metal protecting" as PWM calls it, the rest of it call "metal DEtecting".

PWM's big treasure:

[Linked Image]

Aunt Eileen helping the kids run her "detector"
[Linked Image]

We retired to the cabin Saturday afternoon where we had a big pot of Chili compliments of ND, then all of us decided to take a nap. Four hours later, the cabin came alive again to visit for a little bit longer and go back to bed. We all should've got enough sleep that day.

Sunday the sun was shining and the whole group was ready to go...but we were waiting on one person in particular...
[Linked Image]

Finally we got rolling to pick another two ice cream buckets of these sweet things.
[Linked Image]

One of our very hard working "pickers"
[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/IMG_1564.jpg[/img]

After seeing that we had 3 buckets full of berries, we decided to go for a ride to cool off. On the way I looked down at my foot to see I had a little friend...
[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/bluedragon.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/IMG_1618.jpg[/img]

Getting some water from the well
[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/IMG_1609.jpg[/img]

"I'm not crying!!"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A bee on a flower, thought it was kinda a neat pic. Maybe my next Grand Champion pic?
[Linked Image]

We goofed around trail riding and headed back to the cabin for some brauts/dogs and beans, loaded up and had just enough energy to load up some heat for this winter.

[Linked Image]

Fun was had by all even with the rain/clouds on Saturday. Another good weekend at Camp Chickenbuck, unfortunately Weezie worked all weekend and couldn't come out, not even to get fed. Poor girl. frown

I'm not as well versed as ND is when he describes our weekends but I think everyone will get the idea. Have a great week everyone. Until next time...

Mrs. ND

"I'm not crying!!"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Who's Splashy?

Great pics as always Ma.

edited to add: never mind...I know who Splashy is. I didn't know that was here name. What happened to her?

Is the wood for the cabin or the house?

Last edited by tzone; 08/07/11.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
For the house with this load.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Do you sitll use the pellet stove?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Sold, gone. An old fashioned free standing wood stove sits in the pellet stove's old spot. No power needed, it just works no matter what.

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Great time was had by all it seems.Great pictures,Pam.That camera takes really detailed close ups.You could even see the "hair" on the bee.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Great pics Pam. I noticed that Dave had on a sweat shirt. Must have been cool up there.

Dave, looks like you burn a lot of pine. Is there a shortage of hard wood at camp?

We have a lot of Ash at our camp. Makes for great firewood.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
It was cool in the morning but it warmed up fast and the sweatshirts went away.

Decent hardwood is a little harder to come by. Birch would be our best bet for an abundance of hardwood but it would be kind of tough to scratch together a load like this. Oak, there really isn't any out in the forest areas around here. We have a lot on our 10 acres at home I guess. Biggest problem with our red oak is the bark. Really thick bark, messy. Not much elm, or ash... or maple... frown

This jack pine does ok though, we like tamarak better but this will burn decent.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We can't move firewood more than 50 miles here because of the ash tree beatles . So instead of cutting the trees I have here and taking them up to camp to stay ahead on firewood , ( we only own 2 acres there so it is not sustainable ) I just had to pay for a load of logs to be delivered to camp frown

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
Page 712 of 1,842 1 2 710 711 712 713 714 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (01Foreman400, 2003and2013, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 57 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,465
Posts18,489,854
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.