Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
The PM of the UK is now using 16,000 of his State Police to beat his fellow citizens back into their pecking order. How is this one bit different than all the other world leaders that have used their govt people to restore order? Seems to me that the Civilized parts of the world are more than a little bit hipocritcal about their actions. I mean are these same guys operating under the umbrella of NATO to expand their own ideaology and now in their own London and other cities.

Last edited by AKbushrat; 08/09/11.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
What is that annoying buzzing sound? Another damned lightweight mosquito? They really oughta start spraying DDT in Alaska to rid the world of these useless pests.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by AKbushrat
The PM of the UK is now using 16,000 of his State Police to beat his fellow citizens back into their pecking order. How is this one bit different than all the other world leaders that have used their govt people to restore order? Seems to me that the Civilized parts of the world are more than a little bit hipocritcal about their actions. I mean are these same guys operating under the umbrella of NATO to expand their own ideaology and now in their own London and other cities.

Does somebody really need to explain the difference between restoring order and genocide to you?

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by AKbushrat

Huhh ... you'd just let them riot and burn London?

Personaly, I think the rioters and looters have been treated a little lightly so far.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by DocRocket
What is that annoying buzzing sound? Another damned lightweight mosquito? They really oughta start spraying DDT in Alaska to rid the world of these useless pests.

Here try this, the new thermocell with troll repellent. Available now at your local hardware store. grin

Attached Images
thermocell.jpg (5.48 KB, 313 downloads)

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
So what do you guys think is the best way to deal with civil unrest? It is coming here, so we might as well get everyone of you's logic out there in the open.

I have no reason one earth to not think that some of London likely needs burned, not unlike some of our big urban ghettos. It ain't right using the people to infight so the ruling party can contiue with their shennanigans.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I'm watching some glue dry.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Try putting a little brain power behind your thoughts.

First, the people who suffer the most when riots break out are the poor. The businesses who service poor neighborhoods are destroyed and then there is no place for the poor to shop.

Second, your statement about "using the people to infight" is complete horse stuff. The riots have nothing to do with the "ruling party" it's just idiots who should be in prison. There is no "ruling party" in England. They have elections to select their government.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Isn't keeping the peace exactly what police are SUPPOSED to do?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You probably missed Limbaugh today. He explained that the riots in the UK are being carried out by the welfare leisure class because they can and they are bored.

These riots aren't being carried out for liberty and freedom.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by derby_dude
You probably missed Limbaugh today. He explained that the riots in the UK are being carried out by the welfare leisure class because they can and they are bored.

These riots aren't being carried out for liberty and freedom.

He is right. But of course, I know nothing about the real reasons for the riots in Egypt or anywhere else either. Hosnie Mubarack might have said something similar about the Egyptian rioters and for all I know, he was right. All I know is what our media deigned to print.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In those mob situations, I am amazed at how tolerant the authorities are. In my mind, a thrown rock or firebomb is deadly force and it should be answered swiftly and surely with equal force.

If they could (and I suspect many of the British are indeed unarmed), I'd be inclined to let individual property owners use whatever technique/force they deem necessary to protect their own. Rest assured I would not be a happy and benevolent camper if a mob burned my property or threatened my familes safety.

I've not really seen much evidence that the mob sincerly wants to affect change. Beating, looting, and burning tends to alienate me. If they indeed want fix things they can certainly do so at the ballot box and injure of kill innocent bystanders in the process. Must be an instant gratification thing.

1Minute
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I long for the day when looters were shot on sight.Needs to be used again.
Back in 1968 after Camille tore up the south it was the rule of the day.If I recall only one was shot and it became peaceful after that.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (1234, 160user, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 11,998 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,252
Posts18,544,421
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.